Start by marking “Turn Tables (Reel Romance Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Turn Tables (Reel Romance Book 2)

Turn Tables (Reel Romance Book 2)

Between private jets, designer labels, and lavish resorts, Tandy Owens should be having the time of her life. Her celebrity author best friend is getting married and all of Hollywood’s elite have turned out for the event. Unfortunately, Tandy’s mood is far from celebratory.

For over a year her heart has been torn between two men: Matthew Cruz, the brilliant, well-educated
Published March 14th 2017 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Turn Tables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn Tables

Bex 'n' Books
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following Tandy and her rap star boyfriend, the reader revisits many great characters previously introduced to in book one. Tandy is a fabulous and fun character to journey with. Not only is she witty and stubborn, but she hilariously gets herself into situations that will leave the reader snort-laughing.

Turn Tables is perfect for escapism on a lazy afternoon, and will no doubt leave readers grinning and feeling a warm glow with the comedic and light storyline.
Autumn
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I love everything this author writes, but I have to say this one I was surprised! Never in all the books I have read by this author have I read the f bomb dropped. I literally laughed out loud going "oh no she didn't." We are in a love story with Matthew aka Mateo and Tandy along with seeing a wedding happen between Aubrey and Kole. Tandy loves Matthew but his alter ego Mateo has her questioning their relationship and if it will last. While trying to handle her relationship she has her best frie ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!! This story was INCREDIBLE!! Rourke has done it again!! She has created a fun and romantic rom-com read that kept me turning every single page. There were so many feelers in this story, I wasn't sure whether to laugh out loud, cry, or be infuriated right along with the characters in this story. A piece of my heart has for sure been left within its pages.

The characters were awesome and the story-line is mov
Kelli Mahan
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Did you like Adapted for Film? Then you will LOVE Turn Tables! Haven't read Adapted for Film yet? You'll still love Turn Tables! Tandy Owens should be on cloud nine as the maid of honor for her bestie, author Aubrey Evans. But how can she be excited about Aubrey's glittering nuptials-to-be when her own heart is torn between two men -- sort of? She's in love with Matthew Cruz, the Latin lover of her dreams; his alter ego, musician Mateo - not so much. As Matthew/Mateo changes personalities like s ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: melissa
ARC provided for an honest review.
Reviewed for My Timeout Book Blog by Melissa.

This is a second novel but when I started this book I did not know there was one that went before it. I was more then able to continue on and read this one without having read the first novel, Adapted for Film. As you read you will be filled in on a lot of the back story so you have no missing links.

This novel is centered around Tandy and her rap star boyfriend, as well as her best friends wedding. Tandy is feisty, s
Jennifer Treviño
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilariously frustratingly enchanting!
A Romantic Comedy full of drama & giggles! Turn Tables is the perfect twist of the telenovela you can't turn away from meets Popstar Mr. Suave. A fabulous play on Jekyll & Hyde that had me feeling every bit of Tandy's emotions simultaneously from her love & desire to her very valid fears & worries along with those butterflies in the tummy with each glimpse cast her way. Matthew could melt an iceberg while Mateo could send a forrest ablazin'! O
Crystal Gray
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was clearly not for me. I thought it was a train wreck, but I couldn't stop reading it either. I LOVED the first one, however I don't like Tandy. She is so selfish! Her best friends wedding turned into being about her. I am sorry if you are a true friend, you drop all your issues and be there for the bride. Even the wedding toast somehow became about her. UGH! I can understand how so many thought it was a great rom-com, I just wasn't feeling it. Many people will probably love Tandy and ...more
Jackie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Generously giving this 3 stars. I have to say, this was a hard book for me to read & then review. I read the first book, wasn't sure I wanted to read the second (I even put it off for days after reading the first), since I didn't like the main characters from this book to start with in book 1. I didn't like them any better here either. There's a lot of snarkiness in this book, I think it's meant to be funny, but at times, it really wasn't- at least not for me. I felt both main characters, Ta ...more
TJ
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Turn Tables is the second book in the Reel Romance Series by Stacey Rourke. I loved the first book Adapted to Film. And this book was just as good.

I've said it every time I post about Stacey Rourke, I love her writing style. It just reads beautifully and it always has a little bit of humor and sarcasm. Reel Romance Series is a refreshing series by Stacey Rourke so far. Its a light-hearted romance with the author's own unique style and spin. I loved the characters in Turn Tables. But the friends
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
We first met Tandy in Adapted for Film. I wasn't sure how I would like this book as I didn't overly care for either Tandy or Matteo in the first book. It ended up being a fun, quirky read. The witty banter and the ridiculous high jinks were still present, as was the sarcasm and humour.

While not necessary, I would highly recommend reading Adapted for Film first! Both books are easy lighthearted reads, that will keep you amused and entertained the entire way through.
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After meeting Tandy in Adapted For Film, I her own story. Every woman needs a BFF like Tandy. I laughed throughout the entire book. I highlighted countless Tandy quotes. Seriously, y'all...this book is freaking hilarious from the first line to the last.

Turn Tables is a story of best friends, family relationships, and the insanity of love. From dealing with wedding gitters, Aubrey's narcissistic mom, a guy/girl in a bear costume, to her own spiraling out of control love life with Mateo; Tandy is
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

“Turn Tables” is the second book in the Reel Romance series and does a great job standing on its own two feet.

Read full review in the 2017 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mary Stockwell
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Somewhat uninteresting

It just did not hold my attention. Maybe it seemed too unrealistic of a lifestyle or maybe I thought Tandy was a fool to put up with Mateo/Matthew for so long. I get annoyed with women or men who allow themselves to be walked all over.
Angie Maner
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fury of emotion.

The craziness of Taney's best Friend. She wrestles with her emotions the ups and downs the craziness the laughter and tears. I was wanting to shake some since into her.
Bec
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this book except that I wish it didn't have to end! Recently having read Stacey Rourke's first Reel Romance novel, Adapted for Film, I picked this up, desperate to be able to continue the stories of the characters. Turn Tables did not disappoint.
This was laugh out loud comedy. It had snark, wit, banter, romance and innuendo in spades. It managed to also pull on the heart strings and wrap me up in emotional turmoil (and make me feel things!!!).
I LOV
Angela
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Watching geeky Matthew as Mateo was hilarious. How often are we one way with our significant other and a totally different face we put out to the rest of the world. Watch Tandy as she tries to figure out how much she can deal with. Then, you have Willow and the bear. That was epic!
Colette Hawkins-williams
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Smile worthy

This book is great. The plot,the characters,the editing. It was funny and interesting! I really enjoyed reading it! Will be looking for more books by this author!
Belinda Clemons
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Turn Tables is a fantastic sequel to Adapted to Film. Tandy is just a hoot in this book. Her first line tells you that you will be laughing all through the book, so be prepared to hold your sides and catch your breath lol. It is really great that we got to see Aubrey's wedding in this fab book, with lots of drama filled moments. Turn Tables is a great rom com and it rocked. I reallu liked that Stacey based her main man off of Pitbull because he is a great performer
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

There are two books in this series currently. I've not read the first yet so I'm not sure you absolutely need to read it to understand this one. I didn't have a hard time catching up the story line if I had to read book one first. The reason I'm giving this book three stars is because the humor in this book wasn't all that funny to me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head a bunch with these characters.

Tandy manages and is having
Melissa Ryan
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
please see My Timeout Book Blog for a full review
Dara Brown
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

This book met me expectations, plus some! I applaud Stacey Rourke for her phenomenal characters, and an enthralling plot line, that kept me turning the pages. I won't post anybspoikers, but I would really like to see both Adapted for Film and Turn Tables actually be adapted for film and brought to the big screen!
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funniest book I think I have ever read! I'm not sure if that was the intention, but that was the result.
We follow Tandy around Aubrey's wedding weekend and watch as she tries to figure out what to do with her own relationship that is currently in very choppy water.
Tho this book is about Tandy and her man, that is not really what it's about. This book is about the most wonderful and true friendship that I long for and I think we all desire to have.
Tandy and Aubrey were a hoot in Adapted for Fil
Susan Burdorf
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was thoroughly entertained throughout this book. It has all the elements of a modern romance - heartbreak, unique characters with strong voices, humorous sections that will have you laughing out loud, disappointment, and eventually a satisfying resolution. Without spoiling the good parts I urge you to put aside your preconceived notions of romantic liaisons and just let yourself get lost in this story. I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed.
Toi Thomas
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this second installment of the Reel Romance series. Like the first book, I couldn’t really connect to the characters on a personal level, but instead, I looked forward to seeing what was happening with them, the way I would for characters on a favored sitcom.

The star of this book is Tandy, best friend to the main character of the first book. This was an easy and logical direction for the story of these two friends to go. Much like the first book, while the ultimate goal is to g
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought Adapted for Film was a lighthearted and hysterical book, but Turn Tables took all of the best parts of that and amplified it 100 times over. Aubrey and Tandy's friendship is so hysterically sarcastic and down right hilarious. As a matter of fact, it reminds me a lot of my best friend and I. :) While the story revolves around Aubrey and Koles wedding, Mateo's (Matthew) and Tandy's "relationship," and an unusual unknown bear of a guest, it's not all love and mush! I was actually disappoi ...more
Leslie Bonk