Start by marking “Burning Books” as Want to Read:
Burning Books

Burning Books

The first one pulls you in. The last one could be deadly.

The world is in chaos after a solar superstorm wipes thirteen months of memories from Earth's inhabitants and data from its computer banks. The superstorm also stole the lives of Molly McKinley's parents - and nearly her own, leaving her scarred and traumatized.

Then she finds the books in an obscure sh
Published April 11th 2017 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about Burning Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Books

Start your review of Burning Books
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Burning Books by Sharon Gerlach is a kindle scout book and a very different book, a hard book to review. It has supernatural elements, a thriller, a mystery, horror, and ? A girl reads these books, and after she reads them, they burn but...that is not all that happens...(rubs hands together) ...there is more...The books were found in a thrift store with her name on the back page. What will happen when she reads the last book? Wow, didn't see that coming! Interesting, strange, hard to describe.. ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-scout
Wow

This book certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but I found I really enjoyed the twists and turns of the storyline. This book had a bit of everything in it. But the ending......those last few chapters is where the real shock lies
OutlawPoet
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Want to know something? Based on the very brief summary of the book, you might not buy this one. You might not, and that would be a shame.

It's so hard to write a review of this book without putting a dozen spoilers. I'll respect the author's choice to provide you with very few details. But, I'll say this:

This is an extremely deceptive little novel. It's a thriller, with a bit of romantic suspense, mystery, and it's even got a tiny bit of a supernatural cum dystopic element to it.

While you figure
Lucinda
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

I'm so torn on what to rate this book. The writing and the story are so compelling, and the premise is totally original. You will not find another story like this, with such well developed characters. On these elements alone, I'd give this book a 4 1/2 rating.

It gripped me and I had a hard time putting it down. But I saw the end coming before the bigger clues showed up, and I struggled with this realization.

I cut back a star because I don't deal well with endings such as this one.
Rebecca
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-scout
This story kept my attention from start to finish. A bit psychological thriller, a bit magical realism, it's a unique tale. Thirteen months of the entire world's memory have been erased. Twins Molly and Magnus are center to the problem, yet they don't realize that. The tale takes you down one twisting route after the other. When you think you've figured it out, think again. It will keep you guessing until the final pages. Wonderfully executed.

I received a copy of this book through the Kindle Sco
Terry
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unique

I know I will come back and write a better review but for now: unreal! And a really really good read. A true "could not put it down" book. Am going to be late for a doc appt just because of this book!!

Uses tropes from more than three genres and does it nearly perfectly. Fabulous read!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
SA
Memory, Magic, and Horror
Thirteen lost months. Seven leather bound books. What price to be paid to read them?
Twin journeys to find the light reveals the depths of darkness.
Erica
Corinna Underwood
Jun 19, 2017
Leighza
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the most suspenseful stories I've read in a very long time. I was completely caught up in "whodunnit", tho I usually see it a mile away. A great way to spend some hours. ...more
Lisa Kern
Jun 18, 2020
Sydney
rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2017
April Casey
Sep 02, 2017
Taylor
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2020
Ronda
Mar 10, 2018
Christine Dawood
Apr 23, 2017

• Redhead by the Side of the Road
  • The Life We Bury (Joe Talbert, #1; Max Rupert, #1)
  • The Sisters of Glass Ferry
  • Other People's Houses
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • The Last Bridge
  • The Corner Shop
  • Faithful
  • The Hurricane Sisters (Lowcountry Tales, #9)
  • If I Had Your Face
  • The Garden of Magic (The Language of Spells #0.6)
  • Beowulf for Cretins: A Love Story
  • Things in Jars
  • Prayers for Sale
  • How to Walk Away
  • The Lost and Found Bookshop
  • The Secrets of Ghosts (The Language of Spells #2)
  • Phantom Tollbooth - Student Packet by Novel Units, Inc.
I am a writer. Enough said. ;-)

I love to hear from my readers what worked for them and what didn't in my writing. I don't issue disclaimers or trigger warnings.

News & Interviews