Start by marking “Justifying Jamie (Reason to Ruin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Justifying Jamie (Reason to Ruin, #1)

Justifying Jamie

(Reason to Ruin #1)

The first time I heard his cheesy pick-up line, he made me laugh. The next night, I fell madly in love. Then he shattered my world without speaking a word, leaving me with an empty heart and a hollow soul.

Still, I tried to fix what was broken, only to be humiliated beyond repair. I couldn’t believe the same man who promised me heaven so ruthlessly put me through hell with
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Justifying Jamie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justifying Jamie

Melody Massacre
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Justifying Jamie Arc Review

“Daisy? Really?” “Yeah. Isn’t it obvious?” “This ought to be good.” She crosses her arms, pushing her perfect breasts up higher in her black sweater. “Why?” “Because I picked you.”

Jamie is living the dream he has his band Ruin, groupies, alcohol but when looking at his brother Liam and the family he has built he feels like somethings missing. When he sees his niece Jamie feels like he’s ready to build a family of his own and Meara jokes telling him he will find that so
PP's Bookshelf
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justifying Jamie is my first book by Anna Brooks. And it surprised me in a big way. Because how in the name of all the holy Romance gods and goddesses I have never read her before? I love her sharp, edgy and intense writing. She poured so much raw emotions in the characters. It was not safe. It was not sweet. It was an adrenaline fuelled reckless ride of passion and feelings.

This book was firework of emotions. I mean I expected drama and angst because it is a rockstar romance. But I did not expe
Heather Miller
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is close to a second chance romance, or back and forth romance.

We have Jamie - who is in not just a band, but, The Band, Ruin. The concerts sell out, booking a full stadium/ area at every show. He's been with his band since high school, and they hit it big time and now travel he world playing music.

Mercy is a nurse working in the OBGYN section. She loves what she does. She has always been a Daddy's girl. Her mom is a Dr but, they don't have the best relationship. Mercy also has a sis
Maureen
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, music
When I first saw the cover of ‘Justifying Jamie’ I was intrigued to find out more about this book. And when I read the book description I definitely found myself wanting to read this book. So I signed up for an ARC and was super excited to receive one only a little while later.

In ‘Justifying Jamie’ we meet Jamie and Mercy. They are both from two different worlds, but meet at Mercy’s workplace. That meeting changes everything. Jamie and Mercy spend one magical night together and make plans for a
Stephanie Ditmore
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a crazy amazing read this was. I’m always intrigued by this author and what ticks away in her mind, this story of Mercy and Jamie was outstanding. Jamie’s in a band, no relationships, just booze, women and lots of sex, that is until he meets Mercy or otherwise known as Daisy and Donny. While in the hospital visiting his newly born niece, brother and his wife does he have his first encounter with Mercy and is intrigued by her. Mercy on the other hand thinks he’s a jerk and a player and she’s ...more
Meghana Sarathy
The author was new to me, but I'm so glad that I gave this one a try. Anna Brooks has earned my respect for being a fabulous writer and she has done such an amazing job with this book! It was a second-chance rockstar romance but very different from anything else I have read in this trope .
What I loved the most - The characters are flawed, the story is gritty and writing is sharp. The right ingredients to make this story a terrific entertainer.
It was a not a simple and casual read. The circumsta
Curtis E Evans
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being a first timer to Anna Brooks stories, I was not sure what to expect. I am not sure I could have started with a better first book than Justifying Jamie. Such a great experience and one heck of an adventure.

Jamie is a superstar not wanting to be noticed as the superstar he is. Strong and wild, he is free to enjoy life and appreciate the experiences learned. Yet he is as much alone as he is a family member...even if the family is nothing more than his bandmates and their families.

Mercy is tha
Ira
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book even though these two star-crossed lovers threatened to drive me crazy for a while. Communication is a nice thing. More people should try it. Just saying... But well, when feelings are hurt and so on, right?
Back to the beginning though.
I loved the chemistry between our hero and our heroine but I think it's not too harsh if I say that I really really hated Mercy's mother and the way she treated her daughter ...
Jamie and Mercy though, well, the chemistry is th
Tabitha
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book, Justifying Jamie is author Anna Brooks' first book in her new series, Reason to Ruin and it is not your typical Happy Ever After (HEA) romance book.

It is so much more.

I received an Advance Readers Copy (ARC) of this story and the storyline has stayed with me since I read it over a week ago.

This story, Anna's words touched my heart in so many ways that I don't know how to express my emotions I had felt to write a justified review afterwards.

Unfortunately, I still am not able to come u
Angie Flanagan
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG! Anna you’ve done it again. I love your stories so much, and you’re an amazing storyteller.

First things first, YOU NEED TO FIX L&M! FIX. THEM!

I really enjoyed Mercy and Jamie’s story, and all of the ups and downs that went with them.

Jamie didn’t have a whole family unit growing up, where as Mercy had it, but it wasn’t the perfect family.

They meet one night out and Mercy didn’t fall for his cheesy pickup lines, but they did fall into bed together. I love a great story in which there’s t
Eileen Robinson
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Jamie is an entitled Rockstar who really enjoys the life!!
Mercy is a nurse, who dreams of love and happy families but doubts she will ever find it.
And boom!! These two meet in such an unexpected way and right away the chemistry and emotion grips you right into their angsty, twisty turning path of a roller coaster ride to LOVE!!
This isn't a particularly sweet swoony love story, its raw, it hurts and it totally captivates you. I don't want to give too much away, because all is not as it seems!!
Th
Meghan Murphy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Justifying Jamie is the all new phenomenal novel by Anna Brooks. It is the first book in the Reason to Ruin Series and oh my gosh it was soooo good! It is hands down my favorite book by Ms. Brooks. It is so different from every other book she’s written. My emotions were all over the place while I was reading. Everything about Justifying Jamie was pure perfection. The writing, the characters, and the storyline.

Mercy and Jamie were EVERYTHING! God, the connection they had felt so real-it w
Perrin Larton
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
You're a ROCK STAR. Women love you, men want to be you. You want a happily ever after, maybe not now, but at some point. Your family is there for you, but it's just not enough anymore, and then you find THE ONE.

You're tired of being the kid your mother doesn't love. You're happy with your job, even if your mom isn't. You try all the time for her, even going out with men you KNOW you won't be attracted to, and then you find THE ONE.

Jamie and Mercy, although they don't even mention it to anyone,
Carrie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jamie & Mercy's story starts out fun & sweet & OH SO SEXY. They have chemistry off the charts right away, and that parlays into a hookup. But... their connection is so strong, neither of them stays in "hookup" mindset for long. Unfortunately, due to the way they were bantering and a series of unfortunate circumstances, a misunderstanding occurs that rips them apart.

That's when the emotional and angstiness begins. I just wanted to hug them both SO HARD! And also possibly smack the ba
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jamie is in a rock band called Reason to Ruin and Mercy is a nurse working at the hospital. Chances of these two running into each other twice in succession is rare but happens and sparks fly! A one night stand turns into so much more and the possibilities are endless. Until an emergency the next morning and a mishap ruin what might have been.

But fate has a funny way of showing up and directing our lives. When these two are given a second chance, can they overcome the different paths they have t
Nancy
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Rockstar Batman!!

Wow!! I know I’ve said it before, but it has to be repeated… Anna Brooks is an amazing author. This story had me everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I was talking (well yelling might be more like it) at my phone, I cried, I was angry and I was happy. Sweet Baby Jesus, it had me coming and going!

Jamie and Mercy’s journey was such a struggle…. They give second chance romance a whole new meaning. The love they had for each other was so strong, it just jumped off the pages
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Shelves: arcs
Oh boy did these two take us on a journey! Jamie is an unapologetic rock star. Yeah, he sleeps around and makes no secret of it. He's not looking for love, which of course is when it tends to sneak up on you. Mercy works with happy families every day, but doesn't imagine that will ever be her life. These two are destined for each other if there ever was such a thing. They cross paths in ways neither of them realize, their paths always have led to each other. But OH THE ANGST! This author simply ...more
Ebonie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This rockstar romance is probably my favorite one that I’ve read this year. Mercy and Jamie go through A LOT in this book - honestly, I wasn’t prepared for everything they would go through as a couple - but it eventually led to them finding happiness, and I’m absolutely here for it. It’s not often that the chemistry between the main characters is a firehouse from the jump, but that happened with this book, and I love it. What they have is messy and gritty, but it’s also one of the most intense l ...more
Konny
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justifying Jamie by Anna Brooks is book one in her rock star series, Reason to Ruin.
I started reading and was captivated, I felt a bit like I was thrown into the story. There are characters I felt I should know about, but I didn't know them. Anyway, I'm happy to make an acquaintance.
Jamie and Mercy is a couple made for each other. But they're like star crossed lovers, there's always wrong time, wrong place.
Their story spans years, and it's fitting .
I liked the beautifully thought out and beautif
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this book a 3.5 outta 5, there were moments that I really enjoyed and there were moments that weren't really my cup of tea. This book takes place over a LONG period of time, but I felt it was a little lost in translation for me. That being said, it did have some very interesting moments and you could feel the connection between the main characters and an angsty story line.

All in all this is super angsty, entertaining, and fairly interesting rockstar romance. If you don't mind your books
Stacey
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m on the fence about this book. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either. I thought the chemistry between Jaime and Mercy was great. Still, they let a misunderstanding come between them, and from there one mistake leads to another. There’s a lot of angst, a little too much for my liking. I found myself aggravated with both the main characters several times, as well as with Jaime’s bandmate, Kolby.

Despite this, I’m interested in seeing what happens next with the band and with Liam and his
Denise Whalen
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Jamie and Mercy only share one night together. But after that night, they know they are meant to be together. However, crossed wires and mistakes keep them apart for 3 years. Jamie's band continues to make it big and tour. Mercy continues working as a nurse and making friends with the local neighborhood pub owner. Once they reconnect, sunshine and roses are not on the menu. After all the the fighting and hurtful words, can these star crossed lovers finally be together or will their pride keep th ...more
Erin Figueiredo
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotional Roller Coaster Ride!

This story is one intense roller coaster ride of emotions. The author does not hold back. My emotions were all over the place. I was happy, sad, angry, furious, frustrated, then back to being happy again - whew, that was intense! The main characters were fantastic but Jamie really had me going crazy. I really didn’t know whether I loved him or hated him. There many times when I just wanted to scream at him - WTF DUDE! But as the story progressed I understood him mor
Eve Jones
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
Anna Brooks has surpassed herself with this book.
I already thought that Anna was an amazing author, but this book is out of this world amazing 🙀🙀
I absolutely love the main character's and how they are written, and also how there story is written, because this is exactly how real life really is. It doesn't always run smoothly, there are obstacles that get in the way.
This book is really well written and thoroughly enjoyable, it's not just
Island Girl Romance Reads
Wow...just WOW!!
What an emotional roller coaster!! So many emotions while reading this book.
Mercy and Jamie’s story is not hearts and flowers. It has lots of angst and both of them made mistakes and my heart broke for both of them. The chemistry between them was off the charts. The story was sweet and sexy at the beginning and love the banter. But then mistakes happened and I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall.
The story spans over a few years and so glad they got their HEA.
Justifying
Denise Van plew
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read this author once before and liked it when I seen this the urge was there to read her again. The one thing about this one though is it will be a bit dangerous to read because of the emotional upheaval it will do.
Jamie and Mercy will give you several sides of their relationship having the emotions run through you as if it was you getting it. One thing is for sure once you pick it up you do not put it down much at all until the last page.
Second chance will be just as much of a wringer
queen_of_the_books_18
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Justifying Jamie is my first book by new to be author Anna Brooks. I don’t read a lot of Rockstar romances at all but when I saw the blurb for this one I instantly wanted to read it because I was intrigued.

A second chance romance that will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions, full of passion and angst.

At times I got so frustrated with the characters because of their actions and I just wanted to smack them both up side the head.

Over all a great emotional, rockstar romance that I would reco
Shannon Ferguson
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah!!! I have missed Anna Brooks’ books so much, and I’m so glad we are getting this series!!

Jamie and Mercy definitely had some speed bumps along the way in this story, but their love for each other was front and center. There were moments where I wanted to reach in and smack Jamie, but in the end he became the man we knew he could be. I loved the banter between these two when they were “on”, and I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard at some of their pickup lines lol.

An amazing
Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rocker books are some of my favorites! Anna Brooks is a brand new to me author. She has definitely written one that captured my attention from the very
Beginning.

I enjoyed Justifying Jamie a lot. In the beginning it was a little cheesy with the mega instant attraction but sometimes cheesy is so refreshing. I love how the author took us through the years. Her writing was great and the chemistry between Mercy and Jaime was off the charts sexy!

These secondary characters helped make the story wonde
Megan
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first experience with Anna Brooks and I can honestly say that it won't be my last. The cover, the blurb, and the title intrigued me and I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to advance read this book.
Being new to Ms. Brooks I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't disappointed. I was sucked in from the beginning and just had to keep reading to find out "what next/now??" At times Jamie and Mercy made me absolutely crazy (!!) but other times I was swooning. It was just the ri
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in Texas with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy romance that always

Reason to Ruin (4 books)
  • Regretting Gabriel  (Reason to Ruin, #2)
  • Loving Liam (Reason to Ruin, #3)
  • Defining Dallas (Reason to Ruin, #4)