Start by marking “Regretting Gabriel (Reason to Ruin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Regretting Gabriel  (Reason to Ruin, #2)

Regretting Gabriel

(Reason to Ruin #2)

He was the bad boy of rock-n-roll; cocky, short-tempered, and the sexiest man I’d ever seen. I was just a librarian in a small town. He had no clue who I was, but I knew everything about him. After all, he was the reason I moved across the country.

I never thought he’d know my name, let alone whisper it while he held me tight and made me forget about the agony of my past.
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Regretting Gabriel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regretting Gabriel

Start your review of Regretting Gabriel (Reason to Ruin, #2)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Cady meets her neighbor's gorgeous brother, it's not quite the meeting she would have wanted, what with him being famous bad boy rockstar Gabriel Hunter.

Gabriel is immediately taken by Cady's innocent eyes and beautiful spirit. He has no idea the secret she's hiding, though, just as she has no idea the demons he's hiding. Can a shy, innocent librarian with a huge secret and a short-tempered rockstar make a relationship work?

I loved this story! Cady and Gabriel may be opposites in
Ruth’s Romances
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
”I never was one to play games, but with her, I’ll break the rules, I’ll follow ’em, hell, I’ll even cheat if winning means she’s waiting for me at the finish line”
Cady is a librarian trying to escape the agony from her past. Gabe is the hot, cocky guitarist of a rock band. They meet unexpectedly and from there Gabe persues her. Little does he know, that she knows him from her past. But he has no idea who she really is. Secrets always have a way of coming out though. Can they overcome them?
If
Jan
4.5
I loved it, Cady's father was also a rock legend before he died, the backstory of Cady is heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Cady is a young woman who has had more than enough tragedy in her life with no family left following the death of her father she is put into the care of her creepy step-brother. Cady remembers Gabriel from when she lived at home with her father and in an attempt to flee her step-brother he is the first person who comes into her mind when she thinks of a
World Of Books 65
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to start 2020 with this truly heart wrenching love story! I loved every page, every word, every caress, every tear!

In my first review of this series I said that 'Reason to Ruin' had the potential to be a good series - this books moves it for me to a great series.

I loved the story of Cady and Gabriel - the bad boy rocker with a temper and the beautiful but quite Librarian who holds a secret so close that she doesn't let anyone anyone to far into her life that's until Gabriel
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Ya know when I first started this series, I knew that each book would feature someone different from the band ' Reason To Ruin '. So obviously, I started with Justifying Jamie, and I was NOT a fan. There was far too much that I did not like, but I am a person of reason, and always give others a second chance, and in Anna Brooks case... I AM SO DAMN GLAD I DID! Regretting Gabriel far surpassed all the expectations I had. Yes, I did give Regretting Gabriel 4 stars. The reason it was not a 5 star ...more
Claudia
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anna Brooks created another amazing story. I couldn’t put down the book until I was sure what I was reading was the very last page. This story is addicting, the main characters very well defined and the connection with both of them is immediate. This author really can write: You feel the strength of love between these two lovers, you feel the pain and the loss Cady is struggling with, you feel the anger hidden in Gabriel’s soul but, thanks to the amazing style of this author, the reader never ...more
Natasha Mahadeo
This is the second book in the Reason to Ruin series, and as much as Anna Brooks loves to write in this world I think I love reading it more. I love that each one has given such different reasons to love them. I adore her attention to details and dialogue. Each of them are so wonderfully different from each other and yet some how they all tie up so well.

This book is about Gabriel who met as part of the Band in the 1st book ( Jamie's Book). He and his amazing heroine are so alike because they are
Stephanie Ditmore
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series! Gabe and Cady both carry a heavy weight with them, Gabe past abuse and for Cady the death of her father, and until they figure out how to deal with their past, they may not have a future. Cady was the apple of her daddy’s eye, he loved her so much and she took after him and musically inclined and when tragedy struck it rocked her to her core. She saw Gabe once at her house and she knew one day he’d be the one. Gabe, a rock star god you could say, womanizer, drinker, bad ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AND I LOVED THIS STORY!! Cady is a quiet, shy librarian, who harbors a HUGE secret. Gabriel is the rock star with a temper, totally sexy, Cady's neighbor's brother, and he's HOT! Yeah, you know that type of hot, the type which makes a loud girl quiet, and a quiet girl quieter, that type of HOT HOT HOT! Not to mention, he has his own issues that he doesn't want revealed. They're opposites in every way, yet, the chemistry is next level, and I was ALL IN as said chemistry wouldn't be denied. ...more
Amanda McCalip
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a read! I was absolutely in love with the first book in this series Justifying Jamie and I picked up Regretting Gabriel as soon as it hit my kindle. Let me just say that I could not put this down! This was my first Anna Brooks series and I can honestly say that this is going to be one of my new favorite authors if her other books draw you in the way these do.

I absolutely loved Cady and Gabriel. Gabriel the bad boy rocker with a temper like none other. Cady the stunning librarian with a past
Marnie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is why I read Rockstar Romances

Anna Brooks is my new rocker reader addiction. Her books are raw, gritty, and cuttingly honest, and they get to the heart of human failings and insecurities that are further exacerbated within the rockstar environment. This was evidenced in her first book Justifying Jamie. In Regretting Gabriel, we meet Cady and Gabe.

Cady is sadly lacking in any confidence and cannot see in herself anything that would recommend her to Gabriel. His concern for her is everything
Meghan Murphy
4.5 Stars

Regretting Gabriel by Anna Brooks is the second book in the Reason to Ruin series and it can be read as a stand-alone. This book put my emotions through the wringer. Cady and Gabriel’s journey is not easy whatsoever but it sure is worth it.

Cady hasn’t had an easy life. After a tragic accident, she decides she needs to start over and forget all the memories. Little did she know that by starting over in another state, would lead to the best decision she has ever made.

Gabriel is the
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Right when I began Regretting Gabriel, knew from the very start that this was going to be an emotional read that would bring tears to my eyes, and it did more than once. This is so much more than a Rockstar romance, it is about healing, forgiveness, love and finding that someone who makes you want to be better.

Both Gabriel and Cady have events in their past that have molded them into the people that they have
Melissa Mendoza
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 I Love a good bad boy rocker! I'm so in love with this book!

It's no secret that I love a good rock star romance... and this book proves why! I love a bad boy rock star and Gabriel is everything I need in that! This book definitely had a slow burn, but I loved the slow burn part of it! And this was definitely a great follow up to book one! This is the first series/books I've read from Anna, but I can say I'm now a fan!
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Can’t get enough of this series! I absolutely loved this book much better than the first and it makes me so excited for the next one in this series! The combination of suspense in finding out who Cady really is as well as her connection with Gabe and the rest of the band really kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book! After multiple childhood traumas, Cady has relocated to a small town working as a librarian and limiting human interactions. As things continue to ...more
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
SOLID follow up to Justifying Jamie, this is a stand alone but part of Reason to Ruin about Gabriel and Cady. They can be read as a stand alone or in any order each story is set to tell a different band member's story of finding the love they are not looking for where and when they least expect it. Cady was perfect for Gabe and just a fantastic sweetheart right from the start. I think her meeting Gabe was my favorite way I've seen hero and heroine meet. So refreshingly honest. Gabe is flawed, ...more
Eve Jones
Part of a Series: Book 2 of the Reason to Ruin series
POV: Cady and Gabriel
Steam Level: Toasty
5/5

Anna Brooks does it again in this emotionally-charged rockstar romance. The prologue rips your heart out and Anna Brooks slowly puts it back together again. Dealing with the baggage of your past, the pain of losing someone you love, guilt, anger and learning to love and trust both yourself and
Kylee
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There was absolutely no regrets with reading Gabe and Cady’s story. This is a heart wrenching, emotional story that will captivate and enchant you right from the start. Two people who are connected by a melody and rhythm that only their hearts and souls can hear and feel. A rockstar romance that is overflowing with passion, intensity and fire. Gabe and Cady will own your heart and steal your breath as they take you on a journey to their forever. A story that will heat your skin, sing to your ...more
Nancy
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a way to start my new year of reading?!! Cady and Gabriel were everything!!! There wasn’t anything I didn’t love about this story. These two were just meant for each other and their story was perfect.

Cady was so sweet, she is the type of girl everyone wants as a BFF. She is kind, beautiful and genuine. She is exactly what Gabriel needs to turn his life around. Gabriel is the epitome of an Alpha man. That boy was so HOTT and POSSESIVE, add to that the ability to make you squirm in your seat
Kari Hansen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cady is a librarian who is more comfortable with books than due as her painful past has caused her to become introverted. She enjoys the comfort and routine of her life so when she meets her neighbor’s brother Gabriel she is equally intrigued and nervous.

Gabriel is a famous musician who is used to fame and everything that goes along with it. When he meets Cady she is different from any other woman he has ever met and he knows that she is special but between her past and his career their journey
Captivated Books
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Music isn’t meant to be listened to, Cary. It’s meant to be consumed. Every moment of everyday in every way. In life and death and with every breath.”

Who doesn’t like a steamy romance with a rockstar?!! This was a nice read that is definitely sweet. There are some great romantic scenes and steamy love scenes. The plot of the story was well thought out and the characters had a very well developed backstory. It did seem a little on the top god to be true side. There was a few places where the
Liz
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regretting Gabriel by Anna Brooks was an emotional rock star romance with all kinds of feels. Cady and Gabriel were not perfect people, but could they be perfect for each other? Gabriel is a moody and hot tempered rock start to Cady’s quiet nature. They have secrets and wants, but can they learn to trust another? Their attraction and chemistry is off the charts, but they have so much to work through individually and together. Their journey was steamy, touching and heartfelt.

Read and reviewed
Shasta Hope
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anna Brooks know her Audience!!!! This was Absolutely one of my favorite reads. It was difficult because of grief and self loathing but all in all it was more of a redemption book in my eyes. It allowed both characters, Gabe and Cady, work through their pasts and create a future together if both parties agree. However, when a rock star and a man that truly believes that his future is doomed regardless of his love...sometimes love is not enough and individuals tend to be stubborn and love takes a ...more
Lauren
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anna Brooks is back with a bang and I couldn’t be any more excited about this book!!
Gabe and Cady were everything. EVERYTHING!
In true Anna Brooks style this book had it all and was most certainly worth the wait.
It was heartbreaking, heartwarming and oh so swoon worthy! Who doesn’t love a rockstar?!
I wouldn’t change a single thing, I loved it!
Welcome back Mrs! I can’t wait to see what’s next!!
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in this amazing series and is the bad boy of rock Gabriel and Cady’s story. This is a beautifully written tale which is an emotional roller coaster, as well as having secrets, suspense, heartbreak, which all lead to a heartfelt romance story which had me on tenterhooks throughout. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner and cannot wait to read more from this gifted author.
Daydream.book.bliss
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anna Brooks did it again! This was such an emotional book but so good! I just got done reading Justifying Jamie before this and it was phenomenal too but I think Gabe’s + Cady’s relationship maybe my favorite so far. Something bout dealing with your demons/secrets + overcoming them is something worth reading! Thank you for the ARC from Give Me Books Promotions!
Lori Caprio Tate
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a way to ring in the New Yeat with an emotionally charged book that has you focused on two characters that are so opposite they just fit. Cady and Gabriel are both broken and somehow that makes their flaws that much more endearing. I have loved everything Anna Brooks writes and this book is no different. I can not wait until the next in the series.
Connie
Captivating, emotional and sizzling!!! A vast improvement over JUSTIFYING JAMIE.
I love Gabe and Cady together. But their shocking childhood experiences are explosive and destructive to their current relationship. It is unbelievable how violent domestic abuse decimated TWO generations of Gabe's family. What an eye-opening and amazing story!
Edel
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Caddy, a shy and innocent girl meets her teenage crush who is her friends brother.
Both have unresolved issues, that they carry with them, that poses a threat to their relationship.

Powerful story that is written with wit and love. This story shows us Anna's capabilities when it comes to her writing.

Enjoyable read and highly recommended.

• Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • One Wrong Turn (Road Trip Romance, #3)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Come Home to Me (Coming Home #5)
  • Respectable Riot (Riot MC Book 6)
  • Roughing (Ottawa Titans Book 1)
  • Unfinished Sympathy (Absolution, #1)
  • Bastard in It: Hellions Motorcycle Club (Hellions Ride On #2)
  • Bleed for It: Hellions Motorcycle Club (Hellions Ride On Book 3)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Valentine's with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 7)
  • Loving You Forever (Battle Born MC, #7)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Divided Interests (Southern Bride #3)
  • Shameless
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in Texas with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy romance that always

Reason to Ruin (4 books)
  • Justifying Jamie (Reason to Ruin, #1)
  • Loving Liam (Reason to Ruin, #3)
  • Defining Dallas (Reason to Ruin, #4)