Start by marking “Love in a Victorian (Come Home to Elm's Corner #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in a Victorian (Come Home to Elm's Corner #1)

Love in a Victorian (Come Home to Elm's Corner #1)

Every house has a story....

Historical restoration contractor Jamie Kearly thought she'd found her happily-ever-after house, until she lost the sale at the last minute to a higher offer. Attorney Richard Damien has purchased his grandmother's Victorian, because growing up in the historic village of Elm's Corner was the only time he's ever felt a sense of belonging. When h
Published March 11th 2017 (first published March 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Love in a Victorian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in a Victorian

Paula-O
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lisa Norato writes "Love in a Victorian"

I loved reading this story...Jamie is the daughter of the owner of Kearly Restoration, Her dad has taught her well and she does great work with these type houses,so much so that when an old house in Elm's Corner came up for sale she was ready to make it hers and restore it to its former glory.
Unbeknownst to her the grandson of the estate owner had now decided he wanted to come home and have the house restored himself and he makes an offer
Lisa Baker
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IN A VICTORIAN is classic Norato with warm, wonderful characters and a charming setting. I read the book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! I was pulled into the story and felt like I was there, and because I'm an animal lover, the cat was the icing on the cake. This is a well-written, compelling, fast read, and I highly recommend it! I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I debated between three and four stars so I'll leave it at four. It was a nice read on a sick day, but not my favorite. It was very Hallmark like, predictable plot, sweet (and rather shallow) romance, and seasonal setting.
Chair-girl
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Love in a Victorian is a deliciously sweet story. Right from the start I was pulled into this unique historic village of Elm’s Corner filled with the most delightful characters. I found myself laughing and wondering and even getting a little hungry. I loved every bit of this story.

Lisa Norato is a great story-teller. Her descriptive style of writing lets you clearly picture the story she is telling. I am so happy that there will be more books in this series. I can’t wait to read them
Linda Syman
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't pass by this book this Fall!

What a delightful book. If you could put all the fabulous sights, smells, and tastes of Fall into a book it would have to be this book. I don't think I have ever read a book that actually made me feel like I was actually there. Great descriptions, great characters, and great conversations. I will read this book every fall!
Ruth Jessen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
...and Italian family

A great read on family, renovation, and romance. You'll be dying for Italian food when you're finished reading. It always amazes me the details that go into good book.
Elizabeth
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had a slight My Big Fat Greek Wedding vibe :) Can't wait to read more from Lisa Norato!
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd never read this author's work before, and I really enjoyed this book. Full of believable characters and a storyline that held my interest, it was a nice read. I will check out more of her work.
Dianne Sidebottom
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick read contemporary romance Jamie n Rick's story (others= titles have been historical I have read of Lisa's).
Marie Davis
Oct 08, 2017
Sue
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrific romance. Wonderful descriptions of Italian food made me hungry. I also really enjoyed reading about renovating a Victorian. Enjoyable quick read. Like a warm hug.
Jackie Thorpe
Oct 03, 2017
Cindy
Oct 08, 2017

• How a Star Falls
  • Message In A Bottle (Surf's Up)
  • A Season to Dance
  • Summer of '65 (Bishop Family, #1)
  • Colors of Christmas: Two Contemporary Stories Celebrate the Hope of Christmas
  • Life Creative: Inspiration for Today's Renaissance Mom
  • The Perfect Blend
  • Waiting for His Return
  • Chasing Paris
  • More Trouble in Loveland (Timeless Romance Single Book 6)
  • When It's Forever (Always Faithful Book 3)
  • Connected: Curing the Pandemic of Everyone Feeling Alone Together
  • Protecting the Prince (The Brides of Belles Montagnes #3)
  • You're the One that I Want (Christiansen Family, #6)
  • The Tenderness of His Love: A Christian Romance (Fostered by Love Book 3)
  • Pass Protection (Fair Catch Series, Book Five)
  • The Broken Trail (Sweet River Redemption, #1)
  • My Soul Loves (Hidden Creek #1)
Lisa Norato first discovered a love of writing when assigned to author and illustrate a children’s book at the fine art’s college she was attending. She eventually abandoned the art career, but returned to writing. Today, she is employed as a legal assistant in the field of corporate law.

Lisa writes Christian historical romance, time travel and contemporary romance. Her Sea Heroes of Duxbur