Start by marking “Harmless (Pier 70, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harmless (Pier 70, #4)

Harmless

(Pier 70 #4)

He’s got a secret...
Roan Gregory, one of the four owners of Pier 70 Marina, has managed to paint himself as a loner in recent months. There’s a reason for that. And he’s got every intention of keeping that reason a secret. That is, until he no longer has the option.

He’s got a secret, too...
Colton Seguine, defenseman for the Austin Arrows, has gotten good at keeping the
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Harmless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harmless

Start your review of Harmless (Pier 70, #4)
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Aug 13, 2017 marked it as not-gonna-happen-because-reasons

So disappointed. Nicole Edwards was a go-to author for me, but after stumbling across this disgustingly ignorant biphobic statement (within the first few pages!), it's safe to say I won't be reading any of her books anymore.

He didn't do bisexual. He had absolutely no intention of being with some guy who would wake up the next morning, crying and whining because he was so fucking confused about his life. Pussy or dick, it wasn't that hard to figure out which you preferred.

I've had it
Wendy
star-4.png (979×193):

I am a huge Nicole Edwards fan. Ihave read many of her books and "Ethan" was actually one of the first MM books I've ever read. Needless to say, is that I loved that book and have been reading a lot of MM ever since. Now don't get me wrong, I still read MF and Nicole Edwards is also one ofmy favorite MF and MMF authors. Soyes...there was some fangirling going on when I received an ARC for this book !!

81303-debra-messing-fangirling-gif-KHvi.gif (290×198)

First things first...This book can be read as a stand-alone, though I would very much recommend
Dia
This book was extremely HOT! It's the second book that I read in this series. When I finished the previous book I just couldn't leave these Pier 70 Marina men behind. So I dived right into this one.

The beginning was super hot and I couldn't wait for Roan and Seg to meet again. But then we get SO much drama and each of the main characters try to pull away. Ugh! Somewhere along the way I kind of lost them. I just couldn't understand them. We get a sweet baby boy, more family drama than I would
Janja
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

Simply beautifull story. Roan and Seg and a baby??? Adorable ,hot,sexy and great conclusion of series.
Liber_Lady
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Let me tell you guys one thing. I love MM Romance a lot more than straight romances.

This one was another great read of this year.

I have been waiting for Roan's book since ages now. I wanted his book since the very first book. But FINALYY..!! i initially assumed, depending on Roan's story going on in the previous books, that his Story would be full of angst. But surprisingly, this one was a lot more fun and low angst compared to the previous books.

Roan Gregory has been taking care of
Chris
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Okay so I'm going to be in the minority here as I rate this book a 3.5. I just couldn't connect with Roan at all - I get it, he was closed off, vulnerable and in pain but I found him somewhat boring. Seg had a little more spunk for me and I enjoyed his character but we missed some possible hockey time / antics with his teammates- I figured with him coming out there may have been a little more from the Arrows. By no means did I dislike this book, I just didn't love it
-C-
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The guy didn't look harmless. He looked like...well, hell, he looked like temptation."
Dara Nelson
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is going to be tough to write. Because this story started out so great. It was flowing along wonderfully just like all the others in this series did when, well, I'm not going to spoil it but something happened. Just one thing that, technically wasn't all that bad but several things happened to put a sour taste in my mouth that stayed there almost till the end. It wasn't WHAT happened that did that. It was two things: how Seg talked to Roan during it - literally ignoring his very existence. ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
I hadn't read any of the Pier 70 books before this one but believe me I will be going back and reading ALL OF THEM! This book wasn't only HOT it had two of the most likable characters that I instantly wanted things to work out with as little angst as possible. Alas that is not what happened, sadly both Roan and Seg were dealt pretty crappy hands with certain situations but it all works out in the end so no worries they do get their HEA.

Love conquers all is a phrase that fits this book perfectly.
Stephanie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series
The biphobia (bc of course a gay man wouldn't want to be with a bi guy because he might wake up and freak about your magic dick *side eye*) & vile dig about taking a knee during the national anthem being unpatriotic have firmly landed Nicole Edwards on my "fuck no never" list.

I've been a long time reader and I'm disgusted with myself that I probably missed bullshit like this previously but that stops now... I'll not be supporting her going forward.
Becca
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roan Gregory should have known when he met Colton Seguien and he described himself as "Harmless", Seg would be anything but harmless to his heart.

Roan is tired of being lonely. All of his friends seem to have found love. Is it to much to ask that he have someone who would look after him for once. Roan has been carrying around a secret and keeping it from his friends is putting a strain on not only himself but those that love him too. Drowning himself in a few beers one night, he does a double
Tina
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

4,5 stars.

I couldn't wait to read this 4th part of the Pier 70 series...and it exceeded my expectations.

Loved to finally getting to know dark and mysterious Roan... and enjoyed meeting all the other guys again.

Rebecca
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There’s definitely no such thing as a little harmless fun when it comes to a one-night stand between a man whose life is in turmoil due to outside forces and a closeted gay professional hockey player who pretends to be someone he’s not because he can’t risk the league or his teammates finding out his sexual orientation.

And, this idea of the difficulties involved with giving into harmless temptation is further proven when, after 14 months, Roan Gregory and Colton “Seg” Seguine can’t stop thinking
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Ms Edwards has left the best till last with this final installment of the Pier 70 series.

Roan has been a bit of an enigma throughout the series, and I have always been curious to his secrets. And now it is time to find out, and wow was his story more than I ever hoped it would be.

The moment he meets Colton "Seg" Seguine, Roan's life changes. Not going to spoil it for you by telling you what happens, but boy oh boy you are going to adore it.

The book is full of
Carra
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After the emotional smack that was delivered in Speechless, I couldn’t wait for Harmless to come out so I could get Roan’s story.Throughout the series, Roan’s character had been up and down, and I got the feeling that he had a pretty intriguing story waiting. I was not disappointed…not at all. Not only did Nicole Edwards deliver another powerfully emotional story, she did it while throwing some kids in the mix-something I normally don’t particularly care for in most books I read, but here it ...more
Claudia
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this is my favorite in this series
Annette
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series and Speechless was my favorite.........until Harmless. I think this is the best book Nicole has written in a while now. I finished reading this story in less than 24 hours. I couldn't put it down!! Harmless is the final book in her Pier 70 series and is the story of Roan Gregory and Colton "Seg" Seguine. Their story will have you experiencing so may different emotions. I cried, I laughed, I yelled, certain parts made me so angry, and oh the surprise that happens!!!! ...more
Jenna
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? ... Nicole Edwards stole my heart once again.
ROAN and COLTON
I found my self so wrapped up in this story that I had a two day hangover.
This M/M story will quickly find it's way to the top of your favorites list and stay there.
The secrets, the struggles, and the desire will break your heart into a million tiny pieces, then, Nicole will put everything back together, shine it, and serve it to you on a platter of gold.
Pier 70

French Press Bookworm Blog
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This was everything!! From start to finish I was hooked and I couldn't stop...I mean. Thing was gonna stop me from finishing this freaking book.
Roan was this sweet and vulnerable man who you couldn't help but root for and the best part was Seg was just as sweet but screamed alpha...maybe it was picturing this sexy man on the ice...sigh... okay back to this. I loved how real it felt. You could totally understand Segs reasons and fears and even if you didn't agree with him you got it. And oh man
Jiji
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
I've not ready any of the previous books in this series nor have I read anything by Nicole Edwards in the past, and I mainly picked this up because of the plot and positive Goodreads ratings.

I happen to be a hockey fan and a fan of the Dallas Stars, a real NHL based in Texas, and it was quite obvious that the author used the Stars roster as inspiration for her Austin Arrows team, which made it kinda difficult for me to take serious, because... Really...? To mention just a few players on the
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book #mustclick http://amzn.to/2nmN7AY

HEAT when you open it.. and deep powerful emotions within a few page turns! Ms Edwards at her best
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

Harmless is like fangirl overload. Nicole Edwards took two of my favorite series and blended them together in the final installment of the Pier 70 series. While I'm sad that it's over, I'm thrilled that my guys (yes, I'm claiming them) now have a place in the Austin Arrows series. That means that I'll be able to see glimpses of them as that series progresses. That's where I first met Seg, and I've been
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Nicole's writing that hasnt been said 1000 times by me... I love her writing and every book she comes out with becomes my favorite.
This is book 4 and the final book in this series. I for one have waited forever to hear Roan's story. We can tell from the previous 3 books that he has some problems he is working through but we dont know what they are. We know he has a sister with a drug problem and he is trying to help her but that is it. Boy Oh Boy do we learn his story in
Jackie Wright
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final book in The Pier 70 series and for me Nicole Edwards left the best til last, yes I was sad to see this series come to end but what a brilliant book to end it on. Now it's time to put my feelings down on paper and it's one of the hardest reviews I have written and I hope I can do this book justice. I'm not going to write a review thats full of spoilers, I'm going to tell you to read this book !!!
Roan Gregory and Colton (Seg) Seguine's story is an emotional roller coaster, it's about
Janielle Kerridge
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To say I feel like I have been waiting for this book for the longest would be an understatement but as always with all things Nicole Edwards I have to say the wait was totally worth it. This is the last installment in the Pier 70 series and while all the couples in this series will tug at your heartstrings there is one character that will totally own you and for me that character was Roan.

Roan is a do gooder that has been trying to get his sister off the drugs that she’s addicted to all the
Erin Lewis
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review of Harmless (Pier 70 #4) by Nicole Edwards

This is the fourth and final book in the Pier 70 M/M series and I loved it. It's always sad when a series comes to an end but what a way to end it. Every one of these books I have felt was the best yet, but Harmless is now officially my favourite of the series. This is Roan Gregory and Colton Seguine's (Seg) story.

What happens when a top line hockey player, who is in the closet, decides to risk it all for the love of a man? Will he be
Paige Turner
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was waiting patiently for Roan and Seg's story and was not disappointed. Their story was better than I expected.
I knew there was more beyond their one night stand.
Roan wasn't the easiest character to like. He's been dealing with life on his own for so long that he found it hard even to trust his closest friends. He was moody and grumpy through the other stories but once we get o know him he's a sweetie. He's caring, nurturing and he loves hard.
Seg is still coming to grips with his sexuality
Fani *loves angst*
Roan and Colton share one hot night together that neither of them can forget. A year later they accidentally meet again and it seems that their chemistry is as hot as ever, only this time Roan has to deal with personal issues that require his full attention and no time for sexy times with famous hockey players, especially those who're in the closet. However Colton is not willing to back off easily this time, and goes after Roan determined to get him in his bed for more than a night or two.

Very
Amanda
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have been looking forward to Roan's book for a while, and while it took me some time to actually get to it, I am so happy he finally got his happy ending. Seg is amazing. He is just what Roan needs to keep him open and to stop him from hiding or running.

Roan's sister just died and he has a four month old baby to live for now. All they agreed on was one night. But 14 months later they meet again and they both realize they never stopped thinking about each other. That has Roan running scared.

Earlyn
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-soon
OMG, I've seen this book and I thought OK a series I should not get into it. But even though the other people in the series were mentioned it did not feel like anything was missing.
Seg and Roan were the perfect match. Even though Seg was not out, it did not stop him from being attracted to Roan.
The emotional ride these guys when through was worth the hotness of this book. Even though coming out was hard on Seg and he almost broke Roan's heart, well make up sex is the best.
I might be rambling
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tied to You (Wild Side, #2)
  • Tease (Temptation, #4)
  • Redemption (The Protectors, #8)
  • Renewing the Soul (Souls of Chicago, #4)
  • Wedlocked (Preslocke, #3)
  • Working It (Metropolis, #2)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • A Worthy Man (The Men of Halfway House, #5)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • Promises Part 3 (Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • A Little Bit like Love (South Haven, #1)
  • Depth of Field (Last Chance, #1)
  • I Do, or Dye Trying (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries,#4)
  • Defiance (The Protectors, #9)
  • Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods #2)
  • FU: Fixer Uppers
  • Owning It (Metropolis, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards launched her professional writing career in July of 2012. Having been an avid reader all of her life and a huge fan of creative writing, it seemed the likely path for her to take. Since then, she has released more than forty books and has no plans to stop. As her full-time career/hobby, Nicole writes steamy contemporary and erotic romances.

Nicole is

Pier 70 (5 books)
  • Reckless (Pier 70, #1)
  • Fearless (Pier 70, #2)
  • Speechless (Pier 70, #3)
  • Clueless (Pier 70, #5)