Start by marking “Love, Luck, and Clusterf*ck (Legal #3)” as Want to Read:
Love, Luck, and Clusterf*ck (Legal #3)

Love, Luck, and Clusterf*ck

(Legal #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Would you give up your best friend for one night of passion?

From the author of the Legal series comes a hot and hilarious new STANDALONE.

I met him on the luckiest day of the year.

Of course, I wasn’t aware of his true identity at the time. I only knew him as the arrogant blond god who gave me a shamrock necklace. For luck.

As if I needed it.

Okay, maybe I did. But it was pres
Published August 14th 2017

Nancy Metsch
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Spoiler Free review**
Before I start this I just want to thank Bree for the ARC. I am a huge fan og Legal and Lyrical. So this story was huge for me. #breesarockstar
Perry is by far one of the fussiest charterers I have read in a loooong time. I love her take no shit from anyone attitude, she also has on filter. So be careful when your around her.
Stephen made me laugh but I also liked the secure feeling I got off of him. In my opinion it was love at first sight for him. And believe that's s
Lisa Mandina
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, Legal, and Lyrical. And while this book takes place in the same world, it is definitely not one you have to read the other two before. I was very excited for this story because you really get to know Perry in the first two books, and it was a lot of fun getting to see how she actually got together with Jillian's brother Stephen. I mean, you really do love Perry in the first two books. At least I pretty much did.

Check out my full review on Lis
Chantal  (iScream Books)
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bree had me hooked from the beginning, all the way to the end! This book is Perry and Stephen's story. It happens 6 years prior to Legal. It can be read as a standalone or as part of the Legal Series.

Perry is trying to get life together. She finally found a job that is she is extremely great at. She has a bunch of wonderful friends and well a "boyfriend", Dre. Their relationship is always on again off again, she is unable to really make the attempt to be in it. And the same goes for him. Perry
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Love, Luck, and Clusterf*ck by Bree Dahlia is the Third book in the "Legal" series. This is the story of Perry Sommers and Stephen Davidson. I haven't yet read the other books in this series, so for me this was a standalone book with no issues.
Perry was in a relationship with a man named Dre for about 5 years but he was a piece of work for sure! Perry and Stephen met during St Patrick's Day while she was having drinks with her friends. There Stephen gave her a Shamrock necklace where Perry shru
Dee
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
the writing in this series is so down-to-earth, I literally found myself laughing out loud multiple times. after reading ‘legal’ and ‘lyrical’, I almost didn’t venture into book 3, but when the lightbulb lit that every woman needs a perry in their life, I couldn’t buy book 3 fast enough. well worth the hours spent reading.

I had such a soft spot for jillian and chase, that I just didn’t think perry and stephen could match that. but perry is what made books 1/2 so hilarious for me. a true ride or
books4me
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you've read Legal and Lyrical, then you've met Perry, the loud-mouthed, true friend woman. Perry is a hoot and this is (finally) her story and how she met Jillian's brother, Stephen. The road was not easy as Perry was dating a d*ckwad, Dre. Stephen became her friend to keep close to her and Perry needed a friend. Bree has a unique writing style...one that creates real situations with real people, sprinkled with humor and sexy scenes. I can't wait to see how else she continues this series!

My h
Becky Rendon
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will be honest...I'm a whiney brat. I saw that this wasn't going to be Jillian after I signed up to read it and sulked. I wasn't against throwing a tantrum either because I need more. However, I can say with a big ol' smile on my face I'm glad I did.

I loved learning more about the wildly, untamed Perry. I loved learning Stephen is not only hot but doesn't actually have a stick up his a$$. So no disappointment at all!

I'm no longer whining and now even more jazzed up about the next book. Just g
Stephanie Smith
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent comedy/romance story, and was so hard to put down that I read until 2am... I am really tired now!!!

I really enjoyed the great storyline and twists and turns it contained, as well as compelling characters - that you sometimes wanted to shake.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who likes to laugh along with their romance.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
K Reynolds
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series, though I still have some catch up. This is by far my favorite book. This is slow burn/friendship done right! Well written with fabulous characters. You’re so invested you want to go to Wisconsin to befriend them. The story is sweet and satisfying after much anticipation. You should read and you won’t regret it. Truly a stand alone, in fact starting with this book might be best.
I received an arc copy of this book. This is my voluntary, true, and honest opinion.
Nicole Smith
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm always a sucker for a friends to lovers book. This was a good one. It all started on the luckiest day of the year. I will say that I really dislike Dre a lot. I really liked Perry and Stephen though. I'm so glad the they crossed paths. I really felt for Perry. Life is given her the worst luck, but it just may be turning around. One of my favorite things was the humor and banter between Stephen and Perry. The story had a good flow that kept me intrigued.
Trisha A.
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new author

I loved this book and the characters,
and plot! This is a great story which unfolds with anticipation and the HEA.
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was very lucky to win a copy of this book through GR! This book is the perfect blend of humor and reality, with moments everyone can relate to. Perry and Stephen are a wonderful leading couple and take this friends to lovers romance to the perfect level. While it's a little slow in the beginning and Perry can make some frustrating choices, it's still very worth the read!
Jody
Ms. Dahlia’s Legal series continues with this prequel that presents readers with the story behind super couple Perry and Stephen. It’s a romance full of charm and lots of sexual tension that stands nicely on its own but is an immensely satisfying addition to the series that endears these characters to us all the more. It may start off a bit slow, with moments of frustration that made me groan, but by the latter half of the story I was all-in and furiously turning the pages hoping to see a HEA be ...more
S Paschal
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perry is an impulsive, outspoken, immature woman enjoying short term romantic liaisons and a somewhat wild lifestyle. She doesn't seem willing or capable of committing to anything or anyone. She tends to drink too much and lets her mouth get ahead of her brain on a regular basis, creating a series of hilarious situations that she has difficulty extricating herself from. She finally finds a job that she enjoys, rather than another few-month gig that she tires of quickly to move on to the next thi ...more
Bronwyn
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC copy of this book with no obligation to leave my honest review.
This is the first book I've read by this author and I did really enjoy her writing style. I maybe would have liked to hear from Stephan a bit more often but what we did get was good.
This is book 3 and where I've started from so I have no real reference to where these characters fit into the series storyline but it honestly didn't matter as you can easy follow along. It was a little slow to begin with but didn't tak
Delacey
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I really liked this book and I found some parts very funny. Perry the h tried very hard to make a crummy relationship work - I wonder if that was a reflection on some people who stay way too long in an unhappy or incompatible relationship. I liked both characters, though I would have liked a firmer take on her age, which I assume was 22 as her best friend who she went to school was that age. I liked both the H and h and their characters seemed pretty developed, though Stephen could ha ...more
Emma
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received an Advanced Readers Copy of this book from Hidden Gems.
Perry and Stephen and Dre and Crista and Adam and Kate and ..... Perry had a lot of friends and each one had their own story. Crista was Perry's roommate and best friend. Dre was her on again off again boyfriend. Adam and Kate were friends from work. Stephen she ran into at a bar "Lucky's". After that she kept running into him here and there. Then she found out he was a big shot where she worked. When Dre asked Perry t
Michael Hobson
Mar 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible Characters

Had to stop reading this book as not one of the main characters came over as being anything but horrible. Perry I'm guessing is supposed to be free spirited and willing to speak her mind. However she comes over as sarcastic, fouled mouthed and hard to please. Her room mate just comes over as put simply a slut. Stephen, the 'love interest' is obsessive, controlling and harassess Perry. And Dre, Perry's boy friend at the start of the book is a sniviling little liar.

The story co
Jaime
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
The characters in this story were so great that they drew me in from the beginning. Perry and Stephan were fun together, from the very beginning where he told her that she deserved better than her current relationship and gave her a clover necklace "for luck," to the interoffice memos warning her off flirting with other employees to his heroic search for spiders... Although this story was book 3 in the series, you don't have to read the other ones first. But if you haven't read them, you'll want ...more
Terri Oconnell
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Penny is given a necklace on st Patrick's day by a strange guy and is told that legend holds that whoever gives a token that night will be true. She thinks nothing of it but takes it home and keeps it. Then her world is torn apart and Stephen is there to pick up the pieces. This was a great friends to lover story with some of our favorite Legal characters although this book can be read completely alone. Ms. Dahlia description of places and people make you feel like you are right there enjoying i ...more
Heidi
Mar 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2018
Lisa Jolly
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received an Advanced Readers Copy of this book from Hidden Gems.

This is the 3rd book in the series, l have not read the first two books.

Perry and Dru have been friends with benefits for the last 5 years. Dru wants them to settle down into a relationship. Perry is struggling with this relationship and meets Stephen in a bar, she fobs him off but he keeps showing up. He is the owner of the company she works for.

I found this book slow and the characters were annoying to me.
Shelly Celli
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I absolutely adore this book! I've laughed so hard in parts and wanted to break down in tears in others. The things she endures is just horrid, but having him be there as a close friend really made things better on so many levels. They always say you should be best friends with the one you live and these two definitely become that. I'm voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
BookSnuggle
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Love, Luck & Clusterf*ck (Legal Book 3) by Bree Dahlia

This story made me laugh at times. Sometimes I enjoyed the characters but most of the time they frustrated me. It was hard to stay interested in the story.

FYI, contains mature content. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perry is stuck in a relationship going nowhere when she meets Stephen, her interim boss. They go through a lot of miscues and misunderstandings before settling in and being friends and then lovers. The plot twists and turns so much. I was frustrated with Perry for awhile, but was finally glad to see her stand up for herself. Good read with lots of drawn out angst.
vamsally
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is third book in the series but in terms of timeline, happens before the first book. The characters are cute, lots of realistic plot twists and witty conversations. A believable romance with some heated scenes. Although not as goos as the first book, quite enjoyable.
Voluntary and honest review after receiving ARC (advanced reader copy).
BookWorm
Mar 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
This wasn't for me. Perry was too impulsive and immature for me to like or care about her. She was basically repulsed by the touch of her on again off again guy and yet didn't think to break up with him. And to me Stephen was just some faceless dude.
Angel
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mf
This book was really good. It took a bit to warm up to Stephen, but I became a huge fan. Love all the characters. Will definitely read this author again.
Eimear Breen
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

So glad to find out how Perry and Stephen got together and how her and Lillian became friends great story ,love Perry's character
Nate
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by Perry & Stephan's story. Stephan gave me some much needed laughs. Lol. I'm voluntarily leaving a review for a copy of the book.
« previous 1 3 next »
Bree Dahlia is an unconventional romance junkie. Her stories range from lighthearted to sizzling with that satisfying happily-ever-after ending and a touch of the unexpected. She favors themes of friendship, forgiveness, and unconditional love with alpha characters and eccentric tastes.

Her next book: The Solemn Vow is releasing July 11