Start by marking “My Cousin, the Alien” as Want to Read:
My Cousin, the Alien

My Cousin, the Alien (Alien Agent #1)

In this first book of the Alien Agent series, we meet Zack, a normal kid with a crazy cousin, Ethan, who thinks he's an alien. But is Ethan really crazy? And why do the same bald, odd-looking fat guys keep reappearing everywhere the boys go?
Published September 1st 2008 by Carolrhoda Books (first published January 1st 2008)

Margaret Boling
Apr 07, 2011 Margaret Boling rated it really liked it
Shelves: level-elementary
4/3/2011 ** I want to invite my students to participate in the Young Hoosier Book Awards this year. I thought I should read a few more of the books! This one is by Pam Service, long-time resident of Indiana, though the book jacket says she's now living in CA.

My Cousin, the Alien seemed reminiscent of some of Bruce Coville's books. The cousin of the narrator is convinced he's an under-cover alien who's actually a prince from some distant planet. He leads the narrator on a series of adventures as
Angela
Jan 18, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidsbooks, sf-fantasy
I like this series--quick and actiony reads. The main character is always called upon to offer believable explanations for the humans who are accidentally involved with aliens and/or outrageous happenings. The creatively he employees to handle these situations and to deal with the alien menaces real make these fun reads. The weird and greedy aliens are always neat as well as the alien partners that our hero has to work with for his missions. I've been gobbling through the series like candy; grea ...more
Kate Hastings
Oct 08, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 3-5 science fiction aliens
RL 720. Zack's cousin Ethan thinks he's an alien. Kids at school make fun of him for his antics. Zack tries to defend him and ends up adopting some of Ethan's paranoia that aliens dressed like fat bald men are out to get them. Is Ethan crazy-- or is it true? A cute read that boys will enjoy. Destined to become a series.
Melissa
Dec 10, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
I was surprised how much I liked this. I expected that it would be one I bailed on, but I found myself drawn into the story. The main character's voice was just the right blend of disbelief and interest in the idea that his cousin is *really* an alien. Some good action sequences, and a bit of a surprise at the end. Not just that it's enjoyable, either.
Chris
Mar 22, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Zack thinks his cousin Ethan is crazy because he's always claimed to be an alien prince secretly adopted to an Earth couple to keep him hidden from enemies, but when two scary looking guys start chasing them everywhere they go he worries Ethan may be right after all.
Kathy
Jun 16, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Although it took a bit long to get to the interesting parts, this ended up being a pretty good story. I would recommend it to ages 7-11. I wish the story would have been a bit more developed, but for kids who like quick reads, this one is perfect!
Josh Newhouse
Mar 04, 2012 Josh Newhouse rated it really liked it
cute, harmless, a little too much exposition up front made it feel like a sequel despite being book 1.
Aug 18, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Sci Fic for a fourth grader/ higher reading third grader. Fairly adventurous, but not a lot of plot.
Geri
Dec 30, 2012 Geri rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
First book read this year on my brand new kindle fire HD!
the boss  is awesome
Aug 30, 2013 the boss is awesome rated it really liked it
the cousins care about each other.
Emily Bayci
Jan 04, 2015 Emily Bayci rated it it was ok
Good middle grade read for boys-- narrator can be a little annoying// the book gets confusing at the end but has a twist.
Pat Gilleland
Jun 22, 2011 Pat Gilleland rated it liked it
Goofy but fun, with a surprise ending. Good beginning for a series
Sylvia
A silly story about a nice boy who doesn't know he's an alien agent. Fun to read, part of a series.
Jeanne
Mar 16, 2010 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A cute book with a surprise ending. I will be using this for 4th grade booktalks this year.
ages 9-12
Dolores
Mar 11, 2016 Dolores rated it really liked it
This one surprised me. I guess I wasn't expecting much, but it was actually pretty good. A nice blend of humor and adventure with a great twist. Pictures add to the story. Nice start to the series.
B
Good read - lots of adventures and aliens- nice twist in story
Stephanie Wiley
Stephanie Wiley rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2010
Sunny
Sunny rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2009
Laurie Arnez
Laurie Arnez rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2011
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
May 06, 2010
robbie flores
robbie flores rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Elaine Aaron
Elaine Aaron rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2012
Debbie McNeil
Debbie McNeil rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2011
Abrielle
Abrielle rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
David
David rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2010
Jenny Hoerauf
Jenny Hoerauf rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2011
John
John rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in Berkeley, California, Pamela F. Service grew up loving to hear, read, and tell stories - particularly about weird stuff. Pamela earned a BA in Political Science from UC Berkeley followed by an MA in history and archaeology from the University of London.

She spent many years living in Bloomington, Indiana, writing, serving on the city council, and being curator of a history museum. She has
More about Pamela F. Service...

Alien Agent (6 books)
  • Camp Alien
  • Alien Expedition
  • Alien Encounter (Alien Agent)
  • Alien Contact