Start by marking “Brush and Whip (Kennel Klub Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Brush and Whip (Kennel Klub Book 1)

Brush and Whip

(Kennel Klub #1)

The Kennel Klub takes pride in matching dominant shifters with the perfect mate. Theo Brundy is looking for just that: someone to pleasure, to love, to take care of. Having lived most of his life forced into his were form by the cruel man who killed his parents, Theo uses his human form as a shield, both physically and emotionally. No one can hurt him if he's human.

Drew h
Published March 12th 2017 by Sean Michael (first published February 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Brush and Whip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brush and Whip

Vivian
Hurt/comfort story for a shy wolf and his lion/tiger master. Cute series start. Lots of coaxing, praising and loving.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Mine! Followed by growling and purring are signature elements in a Sean Michael story. Granted, this is a paranormal romance so there will be much more growling and purring. BRUSH AND WHIP kick off a new series where shifters are housed in a BDSM club. The goal of this club is to match dominants to the perfect submissive. The first match is Drew and Theo.

Dominant Theo is a shifter of two feline natures. Submissive Drew is a wolf who feels unwanted and prefers to stay as his shifter self. This s
K
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty standard Sean Michael D/s fluff with added were-critters
Charly
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing start to a new series

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- I love hurt/comfort stories, and this author manages to convey both hurt and fierce protectiveness in a short amount of time.
- There’s an interesting take on shifters here. Nothing too original, but I liked a few of the little details here and there, like how Drew has to consciously fight to keep himself from shifting back into his wolf form.
- The small animalistic behav
NancyM
If he's part tiger and part lion wouldn't that make him a liger or tigon? Yet he's never mentioned as such. Just a bit more details of the backgrounds for the MCs (view spoiler) would have ...more
Tina
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Read...

Not really my style of shifter book but if was beautifully written. This book was great at combining the human and animal so they are both present at all times. I have never read a book like this before.

The club idea was interesting and I will probably check out future books in this series to see what else Kennel Club has to offer.

I am rating this book 3.5 stars.
~SexyBookWorm~
Not my fav Sean Michael book. I really like the setting for this series tho...its basically the Velvet Glove. It even has some of the same set up etc. Im hoping that the future books will be a little...or a lot.. more interesting :-\
Carole-Ann
OK - forgot I had this one:
Typical Michael story but with shapeshifters (Wolf - Drew & Lion/Tiger - Theo)
A bit lust-at-first-sight, but Theo really does want to help Drew. Theo's service domination is OK, but I'm not sure about the whip (only introduced in the last 10/15 pages).
Short, easy read
Gaele
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jeep-diva
The whole premise of this series just cracked me up: the Kennel Club is a members-only BDSM club run to perfection by a cat shifter submissive, and caters to the needs of the shifter BDSM community. With private rooms, even providing hotel-style or small luxury apartment settings for the clientele, this club is one exclusive diversion for those with enough money and particular taste.

Theo is a cat shifter: half tiger, half lion and all dominant. While one would expect that he might want another
Serena Yates
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole idea of the "Kennel Klub" is a great way to tell people exactly what it is about: find Masters for "homeless" or unattached were submissives. At the same time I am with Theo, the lion/tiger shifter looking for his perfect sub: the name is pretty funny. The setup is pretty much like that of the Velvet Glove (the setting for another series by Sean Michael), but the paranormal element is what makes it different.

Drew is a wolf shifter who has been treated really badly by his alpha, then ki
Victoria Rainey
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night Owl Review

****4 1/2 stars****

Original Review Published here: http://www.nightowlreviews.com/v5/Rev...

Drew is a wolf shifter with a lot of issues. His past Master and Alpha gave him up because he mated with a female. Drew’s past Master did not treat him right to start with either. It seems that he wanted Drew to stay in wolf form and shift in front of him. Which makes me wonder how long Theo really was in wolf form?

Theo is looking for a sub. While he is open is any type of shifter he reall
Mike
Short novella of a strong, dominant Feline Shifter confronting, comforting and controlling an abandoned, submissive wolf pup

This story focuses on the motivations, emotions, desires and needs met in this type of Dominant/submissive relationship. On the positive side, it steps through many of the essential steps of establishing trust and implementing control that many BDSM stories seem to ignore. Being a short work, it covers a tremendous amount of "relationship building" and rapidly exp
Deanna
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pretty much love most any thing by Sean Michael, honestly. I found this book particularly neat because of the overt animal actions even while in human form. Would I have liked more information on the main characters? Of course. I would like for the book to be about 200 more pages :p. But it wasn't aiming at that, the story is about meeting of two people who fit together in the best ways and how they learn about each other in the first few days of their relationship. I would love to see a follo ...more
Moonlite_Reader
Theo is looking for a pup and that's exactly what he gets. I seriously fckin love male pet books. This one is more on the sweeter side but it was good regardless. I love how Theo coaxed his pup and was the first to make him shift back to human after bein in wolf form for over a year and acting a bit rabid.

I look forward to this series.
Katy Beth Mckee
Great New Series

It's great when a favorite author starts something new. This should be a fun series. Drew and Theo seem to be made for each other. This really is a sweet love story.
Sabi
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shapeshifters
Very intense
Stephanie
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light BDSM story more about healing for a damaged sub wolf, claimed and cared for by a dominant liger. Sweet story. Will be looking to read more in the series.
xiin
crappy ending. and meh. interesting premise, though.
Meggie
That a typical Sean Michael series about a bdsm club. Sure it's a new series, but this one is about shifters. I'm not really impressed but this story, but so far, it was a solid novella.
Elizabeth Fillmore
Aug 04, 2015
Velda Varney
Dec 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Kennel Klub (2 books)
  • Pack and Mate (Kennel Klub, #2)