Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Bad Day: A Pride & Prejudice Novella” as Want to Read:
Mr. Darcy's Bad Day: A Pride & Prejudice Novella

Mr. Darcy's Bad Day: A Pride & Prejudice Novella

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  238 ratings  ·  47 reviews
TIMELESS ROMANCE FOR THE BUSY READER

How could one simple decision change the course of a man’s life? In this fast-paced novella set in Regency England, Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley in Derbyshire and Darcy House in London, finds himself unwillingly, or possibly, willingly attached to Miss Elizabeth Bennet. With visions of their life ahead, he presses forward until ev
Published March 11th 2017 by Quiet Mountain Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Darcy's Bad Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Darcy's Bad Day

really liked it 4.00  ·

Sheila Majczan
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This delightful novella was a gift to me. The author is one I had not even heard of and when I searched for more books by her on Amazon, I found this to be her only book and a recent publication. (5/22/17: we now know J. Dawn King is the author.)

Darcy, in going for a walk when his horse is found to be lame, finds one reason after another to place blame on his situation, his mind's wandering and his subsequent fall...on Miss Elizabeth. In falling, he needs help (He has badly sprained his ankle.)
Debbie Brown
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-jaff, jaff, i-own-it
Oh, poor Mr. Darcy! He's having a terrible, awful, no good, very bad day, indeed!!

You've got to pick this story up and enjoy this offering by a delightful new author in the published JAFF world. Ms. Capps' writing style gives Darcy's thoughts a most unique voice. I don't often LOL even when I'm amused by a book, but this one got me guffawing.

Because this is so short, I will give only broad hints as to the opening storyline. Darcy's in Hertfordshire, taking a walk, and he has a fall in the mud t
J. W. Garrett
Mr. Darcy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Oh, this was the most delightful, funny and hilarious short story I have read in a while. I laughed so hard, I think I bruised a rib. This was a short, clean, read with a few steamy thoughts but nothing explicit. It was so funny and humorous. There was no angst, no Wickham, not even a Caroline in sight. Although, there was Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, Mr. Collins and Lady Catherine and Bingley of course. I read this in one sitting and I CNPID [
Anna
Aug 21, 2017 added it
Shelves: austenesque
Mr. Darcy’s Bad Day is a delightful, hilarious novella by Christie Capps (the pen name of J. Dawn King). Based on Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, the novella finds Mr. Darcy having fallen and injured himself in the mud while on a walk near Longbourn. Elizabeth Bennet finds him in his distress and helps him back to her home, where things go from bad to worse as he must contend with Mr. Collins, Mrs. Bennet, Lady Catherine, you get the picture.

One thing follows another, then follows another, an
wosedwew
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Curmudgeons and cats usually get along famously because we have a mutual disdain for foolishness. ~Richard E. Turner (1937–2011)

Change the quote above to Curmudgeons and Donkeys and you have this book in a sentence!

Darcy has a fall on a walk – he is walking to avoid Caroline Bingley because his mare was ailing and it’s all Elizabeth Bennet’s fault because she always looked so happy and alive when she finished her walks and … and … and …

It is not a fragrant world. ~Raymond Chandler

And yet, Darcy
Nicole Clarkston
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am still grinning from ear to ear. This is perhaps the most adorable story I have read or heard in a long time! Christie Capps, you mischievous thing you, what fun this was! Stevie was magnificent as always, this is one that I am going to treasure over and over again.
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
A Delightfully Terrible Bad Day!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Source: Gift from Author

In an attempt to avoid Caroline Bingley, Mr. Darcy thought indulging in a long ramble outside would be pleasurable and beneficial…Well, several moments later finds him lathered into a pique and sitting in a puddle of muddy water with a twisted ankle. Frustrated at how un-refreshing and unsatisfying his walk had been, Mr. Darcy determines it is all Miss Elizabeth Bennet’s fault. Because the idea of finding pleasure in
Anna Fitzwilliam
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book after reading the reviews here, so, while I'm not good at writing reviews, I want to write my piece: this book is really funny and adorable. I'm sure people will have a good time with this light and cute story.
Kasia Burlakoff
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2017
A delightful, short story with a couple of surprises for Darcy. Great writing style, a lot of humor and entertaining character descriptions. I don't want to spoil the plot, but I had my mouth hanging open twice while reading it.

Looking forward to more of this talented author.
Sara
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff
I LOVED THIS STORY. It was delightful. Short and sweet. I do wish i had more at the end because i never wanted this to end. BRAVO!
Sophia
This is the second adorable and light novella that I've enjoyed from the author and I love her goal of quick reads for the busy booklover. The premise of writing a complete story in under a hundred pages has appeal, but that only works if the story is well-developed with an engaging cast of characters and storyline. Mr. Darcy's Bad Day succeeded with that.

The tale is a variation that begins not long after the Meryton Assembly when Darcy said those unflattering words about Elizabeth Bennet that s
Carole (in Canada)
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF
Make a cuppa of your favourite beverage, put your feet up and settle in for a delightful treat. This is a charming novella that has you wondering what has caused Mr. Darcy's bad day. I don't wish to give away too much of this funny and at times reflective story. However, what does a puddle of muddy water, a band of thieves with a leg of lamb and a jug of ale along with a donkey have to do it with? Believe me, you wont be disappointed!
Elizabeth Bennet
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a unique look using simplistic ideas. There were no fancy balls, lies, or ridiculous behavior for men in red coats. Darcy is taking a ladies example and testing out the pleasure a fine walk can bring. Unfortunately, he wasn't named Grace for more than one reason. Now injured he meets none other than the inspiration for his journey in the first place, Elizabeth Bennet.

The pair lock horns and man was it spirited listening to Darcy's side. There is no way a woman of flesh and blood co
colleen churm
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Daddy's Bad Day.

What a great, fun story! So cleverly put together. Not a long story, but satisfying. Mr. Darcy goes for a long walk from Netherfield, because during Elizabeth's stay there, nursing Jane, he had noticed how bright and Happy she seemed after her walks. Only if doesn't work out for him as he hoped, as he ended up on the ground from a trip! Now the true fun begins! Truly Great Read!
Nicole Barton Sasser
Status: Read from March 27 to 28, 2017

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

My Library Notes:

Mr. Darcy's Bad Day Or, How to Pout with a Stiff Upper Lip: A Pride & Prejudice Novella
by Christie Capps
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 120 pages
Published March 11th 2017
ASIN: B06XK96CNM

Leslie
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a somewhat funny P&P What if that has poor Mr. Darcy so desperate to escape Caro's clutches that he set off on a walk about Netherfield where he falls and believes himself to be transported to Longbourn for recovery and an inadvertent compromise of Miss Elizabeth.

Sweet, short and cute.
EM Clark
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hahaha, how delightful!!

This was so funny!! I laughed countless times at the tongue-in-cheek humor the author employs and really enjoyed reading every word!! A little surprising and with such fantastic observations made, this is a joy to read when you want a hearty, but short read
Elizabeth Hossenlopp
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A bad day turned lovely

For those of us who need a short treat, this is the book for you. Such a fun tale and lol OMG I did laugh out loud as part of the plot reminded me of a plot from the TV show Dallas, a nighttime drama free the 1980s. A delightful book! Thank you!
Lynda
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actually 3.5.
Dung
3.5⭐ Cute novella. Enjoyed the story from Darcy's POV. ...more
Madenna U
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this Pride and Predjudice variation, Darcy could not have a worse day. He is injured on a walk between Netherfield and Longbourne and is rescued by Elizabeth. He is in pain and is forced to send time with Mr Collins and on and on to the point of hilarity. As part of his bad day consequence, he is forced to come to terms regarding his feelings for Elizabeth and to express himself clearly.

It would be irresponsible to say more as it would spoil the story. However, it is well written, kept my at
Lisa Hatfield
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!! Many, many thanks to Pamela Lynne for the recommendation!!! The twist was most surprising!!!!! I don't want to give it away.....LOVED the path to Darcy and Lizzy's HEA!!! A great, light-hearted, low angst, heartwarming read!! I highly, HIGHLY recommend this book!!!
Rita Deodato
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Mr. Darcy is not having a very good day and it keeps getting worse, but the worse it is for him, the funnier it is for us.

In this book, while walking near the Longbourn grounds, Mr. Darcy takes a fall and injures himself being found by Miss Elizabeth Bennet, who promptly seeks help to take him to Longbourn and be seen by a doctor. I found the means of transportation and Mr. Darcy’s ramblings about it very funny; in fact, the entire opening pages are incred
Heather
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Darcy is walking the grounds between Netherfield Park and Longbourn, hoping to find the peace Lizzy seems to get from her daily walks. Therefore, he determines it's all Lizzy's fault when he falls into a puddle and injures his ankle. Lizzy discovers him and takes him home to Longbourn to recover. When circumstances find them compromised, Darcy needs to convince his charming Lizzy to overlook his behavior during the last few weeks and give him a chance.

This is a sweet clean novella told from
lori huff
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

It is such a joy to read a clever, fun, well-crafted story in just a couple of hours. The story takes place before the Netherfield ball, and places the fastidious Darcy in a deliciously undignified position after an accidental twisting of his ankle. He is already enamored of Elizabeth, but hasn't quite made up his mind about what to do. A wonderfully funny sequence of events helps him to decide on his future. There are so many laugh-out-loud moments in this book that make it priceless.
Dan Curnutt
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful diversion from a standard length book, being a novella it was rather short, 114 pages, but that didn’t detract from being an enjoyable read.

Mr. Darcy has a bad day when he wants to go for a walk but his horse is a bit lame, so he decides to walk. But in doing that he turns an ankle fairly badly and is stuck outside and not knowing how to get help.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet comes along and extends him help. This leads to her taking him back to Longbourne and the fun begins.

Add
Becky
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Darcy is having a bad day

Darcy is having a bad day. And what does our author give us? Humor! This short story follows Darcy through his day of unfortunate circumstances with chuckles, grins, a few twists and turns and an occasional laugh out loud. A fun read well worth your time.
James S
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great wisdom is found

Great wisdom can be learned from religion, from philosophy, or from humorists.

But it can also be learned from a dream, an impertinent girl, or sometimes from a donkey.

Very funny story. A good walk gone bad and how Darcy learns to be open, joyous, and less proud.

I recommend the story highly.
Susan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Darcy decides one day to take a walk while staying at Netherfield. His first mistake. When he receives an injury and then gets caught in the rain, is it possible for his day to get any worse.
An enjoyable well-written romance story.
victoria_tonks
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, fluffy, and very, very funny. I have not giggled over a book so much for quite a while. I wish it was longer though (4/5 stars precisely because of the length). If you need something to cheer you up, this is a very good choice.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Darcy By Any Other Name
  • The Many Lives of Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • Mr Bennet's Dutiful Daughter
  • Desperate Measures (A Fair Prospect, #3)
  • A Peculiar Connection: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Pride and Proposals: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • He Taught Me to Hope (Darcy and the Young Knight's Quest #1)
  • Mistaking Her Character: A Pride and Prejudice Variation