Start by marking “Judgment of Mars (Starship's Mage, #5)” as Want to Read:
Judgment of Mars (Starship's Mage, #5)

Judgment of Mars

(Starship’s Mage #5)

A war fought in the shadows
A conspiracy shattered in fire
A moment of weakness…

When politics are played for blood.

The destruction of the secret archive of the Royal Order of Keepers on Mars has left Damien Montgomery, Hand of the Mage-King, with his enemies defeated, his lover dead—and his questions unanswered.

When he seeks out the remaining Keepers for answers, he dis
Published March 11th 2017 by Faolan's Pen Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Judgment of Mars, please sign up.
John Doe there's another series, "UnArcana Rebellions" which seems to be a follow-on of the events of in Judgment of Mars announced in the post-script.…morethere's another series, "UnArcana Rebellions" which seems to be a follow-on of the events of in Judgment of Mars announced in the post-script.(less)

Start your review of Judgment of Mars (Starship's Mage, #5)
Kristy Maitz
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Author "Glynn Stewart" done really nice work with the new release of SM 5 book. The story plot is very active and a lot happens in it. So there is no boring time.

What I did not like is how often main character Damien Montgomer suffers in all those books and how main plot is like "cats & mouse" game.

What I want to say is, the bad side always gets away with everything and reading about it gives the reader a negative feeling afterward.

It will be interesting to see what kind of story plot the
Henriette
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is the final one in the Starship Mage series. It doesn’t resolve any of the conspiracies or solve the mystery of the Keepers. Instead those are probably the focus of the follow-up series the Unarcana Rebellions (the first of which isn’t published until December next year as far as I know).

As such it is kind of a continuation of the last book and dare I say it, feels a little bit like a filler book as plot wise there isn’t an awful lot of progression. Damien has to justify his actions b
Tam
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
(Nb: Also posted on Amazon)

I received an ARC in exchange for a unbiased review.

I want to start by stating that this book is another action packed instalment of the Adventures of Damien Montgomery. It’s fast paced, well written and I’m fairly sure I read it in a single sitting.

But it’s not going to be my favourite book.

****** POTENTIAL SPOILERS ***************

For me this book was a bit like Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix. It’s where politics invades our hero's world, imposes on it and it is
Tony Hisgett
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
I started to get really annoyed with the author during this book, the story doesn’t really get anywhere and he constantly has Damien just being too late or making incomprehensible mistakes.
(view spoiler)
Cory Rose
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked the others much more

Like the series the characters the storyline, but so far, I've liked every other book in this series much more than this one. The main character in the early books was clever and somewhat skilled without the knowledge and ability to just charge recklessly through every danger, now he is much more powerful, has the knowledge and abilities of all his experiences but seems to have lost the skills and cleverness that got him to where he is. There is still plenty of action,
Jonathan
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

There was a lot of action. There were risks and consequences. A character like Damien could easily have been written to crush all his opposition without problems. But the story is much better than that.

This book answers some questions but it also adds several new ones. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Mike
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read in this series. This is some top-notch military science fantasy; I'm hard-pressed to think of similar universes that aren't grimdark. ...more
Suz
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, scifi
The copy editing still pulls me out of the story more frequently than I like, but I'm enjoying this series. I'll follow it into the new spin off series, UnArcana Rebellions, due in December this year.

Magic, space ships, interstellar court intrigue and war - what's not to like?
Jon
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story keeps getting wider, and interesting.
Terry Mixon
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The hits keep coming!

Another terrific book in one of my favorite series. Still lots of mystery and always action and adventure. A real winner.
Koffe
Another 5 star book in what has become one of my favorite series by Glynn Stewart this is just amazing. I loved the world Glynn Stewart has created and the characters within it. My only complain is that now I will have to wait a whole year or maybe more for the next book in the series. I have withdraws already, I need more Montgomery!!!
Ezekiel Alvarez
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful As Always

Good intrigue, and perfect pace as usual, with just the right sprinkling of magic. I am eagerly awaiting the continuation, already!

Gyula
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Gyula by: Zad
Shelves: ebook
I'm quite disappointed in this book. See my rant/spolier if you are interested in the reasons.

(view spoiler)
Smoke
Well...this the fifth book in the series starts out with a major kick to what you thought was right and wrong in the book's universe. Not so much a fan of that as it goes against the rest of the series. As the book progresses Damien is in a series of events where he is constantly trying to play catch-up to whoever is killing the keepers.

If I'm being honest it starts out strong, but I can only take so many failures of the main characters with no success before I get weary of the book. This one ha
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

3.5 hearts

I received this book for free from Publisher for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I have enjoyed the  Starship's Mage series   from the beginning. I've taken an odd route, reading some, listening to others.  I discovered the series when the first book, The Starship's Mage was a kindle freebie and I was in the mood for space opera.  The writing has improved as the series goes
Charles Rosenau
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He did it again !!!

I am very impressed with the chaeacters this auther has created and developed along the way !

This has been a tremendus journey in the 5 books here and every bit of the way - I could - in one way or another - relate to the efgortscrequitedcto understand a probley and set about solving it !!!

Never predictible and always thought inspiring as though I myself was experiencing the whole story line myself !!!

Quite a ride and a journey well worth following and always looking forward
Daniel
Chris Evans
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
I think I figured out why I like this series so much. At it's core, Starship's Mage is hard sci fi. The physics are all correct, the weapons and ships realistic, all the capabilities are correct. What Steward then does is, when ever he needs more fantastical elements, rather than make up some techno babble reason for it, he just places it in the magic category. The delineation works really well and actually makes the world more believable than a lot of other sci fi series.

Stewart has clearly lea
Mike Milligan
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Esmeralda
More like three and a half stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️💫

I liked the series, as I’ve said before, starships, mages ,lots of action, what’s not to like, right?...
...and yet....and yet...I feel cheated. The secret and mysteries the MC is supposed to uncover are still there... Even with the almost omnipotence of the Mage King and the very powerful Hand, the bad guys got away (very cleanly, may I add) and are a big threat. At the END of the series!! But apparently there’s a new one, like a sequel but to a series.
An
Prachi Gupta
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting story, too much minutia

I've enjoyed this series overall but the amount of sheer minutia seems to grow with each book. It was disappointing and I had a hard time finishing this book. There are numerous paragraphs-long descriptions of weapon trajectory, intercept speed, and other detail which honestly don't add much to the book. Instead the detail takes space away from what could have been used for things such as character and story development.

The story is interesting enough that I'l
Michael
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Before you start this book, please note it is the fifth book in a series. If you haven’t read the first four in order, this one won’t make much sense to you.

This continuation of the series was good, but a bit darker than previous installments: more violence, strife, Damien has developed a bit of a foul mouth as he is growing older. This installment, to me, was more about concluding what happened in book #4 of the series and positioning and setting the stage for the continuing series. If you enjo
diane l.brenner
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mars rocks!

Especially Glynn Stewart's Mars! I have to say that not only are these books believable, but exciting to the very last word! I wait, with baited breath for new releases of each and every one of his series and don't feel that they come nearly fast enough! He is one of the most prolific writers that I read and I thoroughly enjoy all of his venues. Definitely "must read" books.
Audrey
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading this entire series. So far I enjoyed the second and third books the best. This one is good (although annoying punctuation errors continue) but not as good as those two. Poor Damien is really having a bad time of it. Enemies abound. Friends are scarce. I was hoping that some of the plot issues raised in previous books would have been resolved in this one or at least that Damien would get a break, but it was not to be.
Douglas Hull
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Montgomery's saga continues

The tale of Montgomery has many twist and turns that keeps the stories fresh and enjoyable. Unlike many series this one has not become redundant or shale . the latest book is just as enjoyable as the first. There is a problem with many long services the author has reached a problem continuing the story line. It is not the case in this tale the adventure progress in a believable manner, if not unexpectedly the way anticipated by the readet
Ralph Trickey
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good series.
It's been a fun series and I've enjoyed it, I'm just losing interest. I can't quantify why, it's well written, I think it's just that there were a few too many moments where the hero suddenly came up with a new power and escaped. When he was out in space and learning, it was tolerable, now he's working on Earth with counselors it's just a bit ludicrous. I also like my magic more quantified and less powerful. I will read other books by this author.

Ralph
Edwin
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's obviously self-published and not edited and by an author who hasn't completely honed their skills at character and plot development but it has a unique view point and the literal universe building is captivating. I highlighted as many of the grammatical and syntax errors as I noticed and this author is worth development by an experienced publisher if they still do that nowadays. I will continue to read this series as it comes out. ...more
Scott Wozniak
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
A big part of why I finished this series is to discover the big secret that the main character has been trying to uncover for multiple books. And at the risk of a spoiler, he didn't reveal the big secret at the end. Many other things got resolved and the ending was far from boring. But I feel a little cheated, being teased with a big secret and not getting it.

Oh well. It was a decent space opera adventure, otherwise.
Gabbbbbbbbbbbb
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm dropping the series..
In my opinion Glynn Stewart would be excellent as a member of a writing duo, or if he took more time to make sure his own rules established in the earlier books are at least somewhat respected, but it seems he keeps churning out books at the rate of Chinese webnovel writers and the quality is at that level too. The characters are really really not very good at using their magic in smart ways, or at least only when it's convenient to the author..

Bob
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Getting a bit redundant and stale. This books is full of incredulous actions shoe-horned in in order to set up the plot. In the end nothing is resolved. Also I would add that the author does make an attempt to add diversity and progressiveness into his books but it comes off as forced and awkward. His attempts are akin to a child blurting out "that man has black skin!" in a public place to the embarrassment of his parents. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ghosts of Empire (Empire of Bones Saga, #4)
  • Paying the Price (Empire of Bones Saga, #5)
  • Reconnaissance in Force (Empire of Bones Saga, #6)
  • Victory on Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, #12)
  • Veil of Shadows (Empire of Bones Saga, #2)
  • Empire of Bones (Empire of Bones Saga #1)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Empire of Bones Saga, #7)
  • Command Decisions (Empire of Bones Saga, #3)
  • Hero at Large (The Hunter Legacy, #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Vigilante, #5)
  • Race to Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, #10)
  • Ruined Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, Book 11)
  • The Terra Gambit (Empire of Bones Saga #8)
  • Hunted Hero Hunting (The Hunter Legacy #2)
  • Hidden Enemies (The Empire of Bones Saga, #9)
  • Hail the Hero (The Hunter Legacy, #5)
  • Fleet Captain Spacemage (Imperium Spacemage #6)
  • Delphi Exploration (Delphi in Space Book 7)

Starship’s Mage (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Starship's Mage: Omnibus (Starship's Mage, #1)
  • Hand of Mars (Starship's Mage, #2)
  • Voice of Mars (Starship's Mage, #3)
  • Alien Arcana (Starship's Mage, #4)
  • UnArcana Stars (Starship's Mage, #6)
  • Sword of Mars (Starship's Mage, #7)
  • Mountain of Mars (Starship's Mage, #8)
  • The Service of Mars (Starship's Mage,  #9)
  • Pulsar Race (Starship’s Mage, #9.5)
  • A Darker Magic (Starship's Mage, #10)

News & Interviews

“No caste system or aristocracy has survived the centuries with its power intact. Humanity kneels poorly as a whole.” 3 likes
“The Marine Corps know their own, my lord. We repay loyalty with loyalty, duty with duty, honor with honor. “And” 1 likes