Start by marking “Where the Night Ends” as Want to Read:

Where the Night Ends

It only takes one night—one moment, one small snippet of time—to change everything. At sixteen-years-old, Sebastian Baxter taught me that. He taught me a lot of things.

He never had to work for my heart. In some unexplainable way I think it had always belonged to him anyway.

We spent years loving each other, hurting each other, trying to forget each other
Published July 18th 2017 by Daft Empire

To ask other readers questions about Where the Night Ends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Night Ends

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

"My everything."

I saw the word angst and I was immediately drawn in. That word is such a beacon for me that I knew I had to read it. And even though I've never read this author before I knew I couldn't let this one slip by. I'm glad I didn't because I've definitely found a new go-to author.

Tessa (Tess) and Sebastian meet in high school. She's had a crush on him for two years but he's a year older and out of her league...or so she thinks. One night at a party at his house, they connect. S
Alex ♈
Dri ✰
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3 stars!!!

Primeiro de tudo, não acho que a capa represente essa história, peguei esse livro pra ler achando que seria uma coisa e foi totalmente diferente do que eu imaginava.

Livros desse tipo não são as minhas primeiras escolhas de leitura... mas resolvi dar uma chance pra esse tipo de enredo. Ler sobre a descoberta do primeiro amor, as dúvidas e inseguranças quando se é adolescente, a vida escolar... o vai e volta, os desencontros, os sacrifícios e corações partidos...

Porém depois de final
Melody Kimmons-Allen
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Where The Night Ends

This was my first book by this author and I'm thoroughly impressed. I haven't read a full book in quite while. I was in the longest book slump ever. Just got sick and tired of reading, what felt like, the same book over and over again. Finally, something that kept my attention. WTNE was sweet and relatable and although it too, was a bit predictable—It was still a great read.

The plot follows high school peers Fiona and Sebastian—who officially meet at a party thrown at Sebas
Lindsay
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

OMG. THIS BOOK! Reading it was a total rollercoaster. I didn’t know which way was up!

This book was freaking awesome. I’ve only read one other book by Melissa Toppen (so far) but I liked what I read. So when I got the chance to read this before it was released, I jumped on it. I literally read it in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. From the moment Tessa and Sebastian met, the emotions were jumping of the page. I loved their connection, and how he was willing
Tania's Book Blog
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a glutton for punishment because after all the heartbreak, the tears, the smiles, the joys and every emotion under the sun that I went thru while reading this book, I still want more of Sebastian and Tessa. At least a novella!!!

First of all, this author is extremely good with wrapping you into the stories and throwing you different curveballs at you. This is the second book I've read of hers and it's another awesome read.

This book started with Sebastian being a senior, popular high school qu
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Where the Night Ends was is hard on a persons’ emotions! The couple Sebastian and Tessa fought for their relationship only to sabotage it themselves, before finding their way back, years later. Sebastian is your typical high school jock, who reputation is legendary, being drawn into a web of curiosity about the overachieving, quiet Tessa. The tension between the two is so tight; when it finally explodes everyone is affected by it. Becoming the couple that everyone watches comes with its costs. T
Jen~KU Book Reviews
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Toppen, where have you been all my life and why haven't I read any of your books before?!!! GAH!

Where the Night Ends was an absolutely fantastic coming of age love story that had me glued to my kindle. Tess and Sebastian meet during high school and their first, true love is a angst-ridden ride of perfection.

Melissa captured what it was like being back in high school and falling in love so realistically, I felt like I was living their experiences right along with them. There were moments
Michelle
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Weird dynamic

Let me start off by saying the 3 friends were awesome. Bree, Courtney, and Teas were amazing friends to each other. Held each other up and fiercely loved one another. Aside from their friendship this book was boring. Like monotonous, Eeyore type boring. It had nothing going on accept a bit of whining and complaining. Sebastian was a selfish dick, he put it in anything that could breath and claimed to still be in love with Tess. Tess strung a wonderful man along and the. Broke his he
Romaine Heart
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I absolutely love this book!!! Melissa Toppen has done it again with this fabulous love story!!! Heartwarming. Heartbroken. So many emotions!!
The story is about Sebastian and Tess who fall in love during high school years and the choices they make up to graduating college. Trying to be with each other but the time is never right.  Sebastian's unconditional love for Tess. Five years he's waited for her. Will Tess finally admit to her fears and be with the love of her life?
Melissa Toppen nev
Becky Wise
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hello ugly cry. Hello book hangover. One of my top reads yet this year. It's so good. Melissa Toppen shines in this one. I love Tess and Sebastian. Oh the feels. You can't help but get that awe feeling when they first meet. They meet young and while reading this you try and prepare for what's to come. Your heart will break just a little. You cry with Tess. You cry for Sebastian. For the friendships. Where the Night Ends is a beautiful story of young love. A love that takes you down roads you did ...more
Lindsey Kramer
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book literally ripped my heart out. This is an ugly cry that anyone who loves romance should read. Melissa Toppen is one of my favorite new authors and I always look forward to reading one of her books. I love being one of her beta readers and can say that the public is going to fall in love with Sebastian and Tess just like I did.
Emily
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It started of well. I enjoyed Tess and Sebastian as a couple. They were sweet together, even though they were teens they seemed mature and truly in love. About half way in things fell flat for me and never really got better.
Abusive boyfriend. Teen Pregnancy. Cheating. Drunk driving. Controlling parents. It was just a lot of drama with no actual cause to it all. It was all glossed over.
Then the ending was pages and pages of the H/h speaking about their "feelings". And then 5 years pass of them
JoAnna G
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read Melissa before so I jumped on this. I went in not knowing a lot about it but I was totally ok with it. Her books have never let me down before and neither did this one. This one kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Not in a suspenseful way but will they or won't they or do they and don't they. There is everything in this book. So many feels. I had a bit of tears in my eyes at times. One of the best coming of age books I have ever read. Melissa outdid herself. I loved every ...more
Izzie d
Annie Brewer
What a great story! I loved every second of Sebastian and Tess's journey. I'm so glad I took a chance on this new-to-me author and read this book. It was full of lots and lots of angst and plenty of passion plus heartache but in the end, it was worth the ride. I definitely plan to check out more from her. I also can't wait for Bree's story later this year. I hope she gets her HEA. She so deserves it after all she'd endured. And maybe we'll get a Courtney book too?? *hint hint*
Anyway, amazing sto
Shannon
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star!
Melissa Toppin's writing is always flawless and flows easily. I'm always invested in her storytelling and this book is no different. Tess and Sebastian meet at a High school party. Their is an immediate connection. Fast forward to college, things are not easy for the two. Life sometimes changes things for us if we let it and and Tess and Sebastian have trouble finding their timing to be together.

This book will make you think again about your first love and those feelings that go with i
❤️Melanie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it!! I laughed, cried, cried some more and enjoyed every moment of this book.
Rose David
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my... I don't know where to start with this. *sigh* Tess and Sebastian. One night of experiencing something different led this pair together. Young love. The combination of teenage hormones and angst drives this pair to love like nothing before. But also drives them to pain like neither had felt before. It's the question if young love - your first love - can be your true love or only a small part of growing up. Amazing read!
Debbie Yeager
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

This was an amazing love story! I truly enjoyed reading it. A very talented author. I'm looking forward to Bree's story.
Mandie Foxylutely
Where The Night Ends is a standalone young adult/coming of age romance. I’m not a huge reader of this genre as the angst and immaturity frustrates me but I was pleasantly surprised at how mature the characters were in this book. It was a refreshing change for this genre to me.

Sebastian is the hot guy on the football team who all the girls want and the guys want to be. He comes from a rich family and wants for nothing except maybe love and support from his parents. He acts out by throwing wild pa
Amy Rangel
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where the Night Ends by Melissa Toppen

Absolute 5 STARS!!!

I can not begin to explain the amount of emotions this book brought out in me. In fact as I write this review, I still feel this huge amount of weight on my chest and my eyes start to feel the burn of unshed tears brimming to the surface.

We follow a quiet yet smart young girl Tess and the popular hot football player Sebastian through their first crush, first love, first and second heartbreak. I am still struggling with words to explain th
Maree Repa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian's Summer Party

Five Amazing Stars

I was completely thrilled to review this most wonderful book written by my favourite author, Melissa Toppen. With this most enchanting, most beautiful love story. So emotional and totally heart breaking too. Such a brilliant love story between both Sebastian and Tess. A terrific romantic tale for everyone to truely enjoy too!!

As Courtney whinged to her closest acquaintance Tess, to make sure she will always needed. That she is so special person, she will
April Symes
Melissa Toppen has done it again with beautiful love story! So many emotions occur in this story-The story is about Sebastian and Tess who fall in love during high school –Theirs is an immediate connection and soon they are dating in HS. Yet when they come to the beginning of college things are not easy for the star crossed lovers. Sebastian does not have a great relationship with his parents and this affects how he lives his life and what choices he makes. He is older than Tess and when he leav ...more
Debbie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This so far is my favorite book by this author. I read it through Kindle Unlimited and loved it so much I purchased it because I know I will read it more than once. It has all the feels and a lot of angst. The writing is wonderful and the story is told through alternating pov's.

Sebastian is a senior in high school and the star quarterback on the football team. He meets Tess at a party at his house. She is a junior and has 2 best friend Courtney and Bree He is the bad boy who doesn't do relation
Le Ann Foster
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4.5 stars!!

This is the story of Sebastian and Tess who fall in love in high school years and the choices they make. Sebastian is going away to college and Tess is only 16. Melissa takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions with these two and will have you at the edge of your seat to see if they get their HEA. I read a lot and I admit that I don't read a lot of the YA category but this one surprised me at how well the characters were devel
Renee Mccleary
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Melissa and it was a wonderful and emotional roller coaster ride!! She pulled at all of my emotions!! I loved Tess and Sebastian's story even if parts left me angry and feeling heartbroken. I did struggle with some of the time jumps and I started to hate Tess even though I didnt want to!! Sebastian had me swooning with his words and actions but he still left me frustrated with him!! I sometimes struggle with connecting with books that are in high school but this story p ...more
Nikki  Malan
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where The Night Ends by Melissa Toppen
What a phenomenal coming of age romance novel. There was so much angst and emotional fraught. Sebastian stole my heart like he did Tess’s. She meets him at age 16 and after a night of true beginnings they have a wonderful relationship. They have swoon-worthy moments and a connection full of witty banter that will have you melting. He is the perfect boyfriend until he makes a mistake. Sebastian does not have a great relationship with his parents and this aff
Ashley
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotional coming to age romance novel. Sebastian and Tess seem to be perfect for each other, unfortunately the timing of their relationship just isn’t there. Tess is 16 and Sebastian is leaving for college. His strained relationship with his parents as well adds another stressor to their relationship.

This was a roller coaster ride of sad and happy. The writing is just wonderful. I felt immediately connected to these characters and as if I was there watching it unfold right at my eyes.
Book Maniac Forever
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
⭐ 4.5 STARS ⭐
Where the Night Ends was a rollercoaster of feels! All the emotions I felt reading this story was incredible. It’s a story about life, love and all its obstacles.

From the first meeting between Sebastian and Tessa, I already felt the connection they share. Sebastian might be the star quarterback of their high school, but he is also so much more. I liked how he was devoted to Tessa and there wasn’t any doubt that she was special to him. Where the Night Ends depicts the slow build of t
  • Pieces of Camden
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • His Heart
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Ever over After (Over Duet, #2)
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Holding On
  • Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Unraveling (Unhinged, #2)
  • Eight Days (Love Always, #1.5)
  • Wide Spaces (Wide Awake, #1.5)
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen