Start by marking “Retreat To Me (The Second Chance #1)” as Want to Read:
Retreat To Me (The Second Chance #1)

Retreat To Me

(The Second Chance Romance Series #1)

In the sleepy mountain town of Carter Ridge, Cassidy Clark, has booked a retreat house to write the perfect tribute to her fiancé who never returned from war. But Cassidy’s reflective retreat is interrupted when the sexy and handsome musician, Thomas Crain, unknowingly ends up double booking the same retreat house. Sparks fly when Cassidy’s rebellious nature and recklessne ...more
Published March 28th 2017 by Crown Atlantic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Retreat To Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retreat To Me

Start your review of Retreat To Me (The Second Chance #1)
Sara Oxton
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Retreat to me by Christina Benjamin a compelling four-star read. This is the first book in the Retreat series, and I enjoyed it, I can’t wait for the next book in the series. Cassidy Clark has lost the love of her life to war, she never thinks that she would love again, she retreats away to write away the pain, in the hopes that’s she can write a fitting tribute to the love she has lost, wanting nothing but peace and quiet. Sadly that’s not what she gets, as the house is double booked and a musi ...more
Jennifer G
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Retreat to Me is an absolutely heartbreaking love story. Cassidy Clark has lost the love of her life to the war. Her lost love has left her without hope or the will to live. Thomas Crain, a pianist, has lost his parents, his good looks, and the ability to hope for happiness. Accidental circumstances have led to both renting the same lake house. Cassidy is there to write her memoirs and when finished to end her life. Thomas is there to cover for a fellow musician on the radio and to hopefully jum ...more
MJM
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. I have also purchased this as I enjoyed this story by Christina Benjamin so much. It surrounds the story of Cassidy who has booked a cabin in the mountains to write a story in tribute to her fiancée who never came back from war. But fate has intervened and there has been a double booking in the form of Thomas who is a musician.Thomas is on the run just like Cassidy and they both want to 'heal' but Cassidy is ...more
Jodee
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Cassidy is a beautiful young woman who has returned to a cabin she visited with her true love, that died in the war, to write their story. Thomas is a young man who’s been through a lot and lost a lot. He’s at the cabin for his job at a radio station. They both just want to be alone to do their own thing but they end up sharing the cabin and the things that happen are funny, sad and beautiful.

I have read other
Bookish
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Cassidy Clark is heartbroken and planning to end her life. Renting a house to retreat and write her first and last manuscript she unexpectedly meet Thomas a musician renting the the same house at the same time by mistake. These two are like oil and water at first but attraction soon blooms giving them an unexpected second chance at love. Sweet story but some times hard to love with Cassidy's second chance at love was so soon after losing her fiance.
Melissa Basnight
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Cassidy went to the house where she spent time with her boyfriend to end her life since he had died in the war. Thomas went to the same house to play music for a radio station. She did everything she could to try to get him out so she could be alone. He saves her by letting her know she has everything to live for especially him since he fell in love with her. Good second chance romance with some intrigue. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Barbara
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First book by this Author I have read what a beautiful story of two damaged people coming together.I enjoyed this book from the first page. I am now going to be looking at getting the second book in this series. There was a lot of things they had to overcome and this story even has a villain. Would I recommend this book the answer is yes..I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.I had also bought this book.
Lucinda
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book about healing. It is a well written novel and kept me hooked from the first page. The book has a lot of dimension and well developed characters and plot. I definitely recommend this book. I am excited for the second book!
Kim F
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating, and interesting, emotional read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
MJ
May 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time reading this - I just find the "'I love you even though I just met you' thing when days ago it's like 'I can't live without my dead boyfriend'" crap very unbelievable. There were some scenes that I really liked but those were very few and far in between.
Thi
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really great read from this author. I really enjoy her books. They are my quick go to books when I am in a slump. This was a great start to a new series. Check it out and also check out her The Boyfriend series. I love those books and I would have no problem letting my teen read them.
Lauren Nelson
Jul 27, 2017
Dongyeol Lee
Jun 18, 2017
Anja
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Retreat To Me" is my first book written by C.M. Benjamin and I have to say I absolutely loved the book and can definitely recommend it to every fan of sweet romances. It's a wonderful love story set in the 1940s and I was really deeply moved by the story of those two broken souls that finally find new hope and happiness in each other again. And even if Contemporary Romance may not be my usual genre I've enjoyed literally every single page of the book and can't wait to read more of it.
Fiona Leung
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Retreat To Me by Christina Benjamin is the first book I've read from this author and it is a really sweet love story.

It's set in the 1940's and each chapter alternates between Cassidy and Thomas. Now these are not written in first person but it's good to see each character's perspective.

Cassidy is trying to write her memoir in a lakeside cottage when suddenly Thomas turned up. Thomas has stepped in his friend Gene's place to record a daily music slot for a radio station. Things were tense betwee
Anna
Jul 09, 2017
Helen Southall
Oct 30, 2019
Christina Benjamin
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vidhi
linda
Aug 08, 2017
Christine C
Jul 11, 2017

• The Holiday Boyfriend (Boyfriend #4)
  • Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4)
  • Just Another Chance (Brother's Best Friend, #2)
  • The Baller's Secret Baby (Barnes Family, #1)
  • The Quilter's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #2)
  • X Dames (The Lucy Ripken Mysteries, #3)
  • A Zen for Murder (Mooseamuck Island, #1)
  • A Berry Perplexing Puzzle (Kylie Berry Mysteries #8)
  • Fragile (The Hollows, #1)
  • A Morbid Taste for Bones (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael, #1)
  • Three Days at Wrigley Field
  • His Miracle Baby (Miracle Baby, #1)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • That Wintry Feeling
  • Some Enchanted Evening  (Men of KWESTT #1)
  • True Love: I'll Be Seeing You / Don't Die, My Love / A Rose for Melinda
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • The Winter Boyfriend (Boyfriend #10)

The Second Chance Romance Series (2 books)
  • Retreat Again (The Second Chance #2)