Start by marking “Only Children Chase Sawdust” as Want to Read:
Only Children Chase Sawdust

Only Children Chase Sawdust

Their whole life turned to sawdust and blew away . . .

Please don't leave me, Jacob. I need you. I know you're grieving. Maybe we all are. But you're chasing something you'll never catch . . . and we both know you won't come back alive.
Kindle Edition
Published March 11th 2017 by Amazon Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Only Children Chase Sawdust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Children Chase Sawdust

Faith
I have no words. That was utterly amazing. <3 Review to come.

// UPDATED //

Oh my goodness, what an amazing book. <3 <3

To date, I have a read all but one of Willowy Whisper's published works, and I think I would have to say this is my favorite. The hurt, the angst, the romance, the sharing of the salvation message... Ahh, it was all so well-done and beautiful!! <3

Jacob and Annie were such a darling young couple, but I guessed from the beginning that they would experience heartache..
Willowy Whisper
Mar 11, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Aria
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a book!

It was super sweet, and the characters were relatable and loveable. The romance was super clean, and there was no kissing before marriage (BONUS!). After marriage, though, THERE WAS A LOT OF KISSING. O.o I didn't mind it, though.

It was pretty sad and painful, but it was a great story. It pulled at my heartstrings. (view spoiler) And Lt. Clark. WHAT A VILLIAN. Wow, he was such a detestable and deadly guy! I
Victoria Lynn
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Review:

4 out of 5 stars

This book was a sweet, but painful (in a good way) story of courage, sacrifice, and the willingness to follow God.

Overall:

The story was intriguing and there were moments where I was staring with my mouth open, in shock at the plot twist or what had just happened. It was a very well written tale, full of suspense, sweet moments, and a Christian message interwoven with great care and skill. It was well written, pace, plot, and story were well put together and I enjoyed
J.C.
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was quite a read, and certainly unlike anything else I’ve read before. Willowy Whisper’s tangible writing style bled through every word as always, while still retaining a fresh feel. The storyline was captivating, and descriptive writing pulled me right into the action. I was enthralled by the characters and the plot alike.
It was a very cute story in a lot of ways, yet in a lot of ways, it was as far from “cute” as you can get—I don’t exactly think of violent massacres as cute—but still, th
Lilian
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Their whole life turned to sawdust and blew away . . .

Please don’t leave me, Jacob. I need you. I know you’re grieving. Maybe we all are. But you’re chasing something you’ll never catch . . . and we both know you won’t come back alive.

I thought the plot was incredibly interesting- it includes a missionary spreading the gospel to the Indians, but in the time period of the late 1600’s? There has to be something to that. I only wish the blurb would say more about the story, since now I’m not sur
Brices Mice Christian Book Reviews
Who could pass up this intriguing title, with such a lovely author name! Only Children Chase Sawdust by Willowy Whisper opens with a lovely prologue that explains the title and setting of the story.

Two children grow up together in a small settlement, where lives depend on the community help that they give each other. Everyone knows, loves and respects each other, love blossoms and life is going well. But a surprisingly suspicious Indian attack destroys the foundation of this settlement, and hear
Sheila Holmes
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so much more than a cutesy story about two young children who grow up, marry and live happily ever after. It was gritty. Their life wasn't easy, the challenges the Lord laid on them was more than many couples face today. But, Jacob was a godly man who refused to accept less than God's Will for his life, and his wife was a godly woman who was faithful to her husband at all costs.

I loved the sweetness of both main characters, their undying love for each other, their commitment to Christ,
Pink (Shine)
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so GOOD! I've read the whole thing and it felt so REAL!
Kellyn Roth
Originally Posted on Reveries Reviews

I wasn’t sure what to think of this novel when I first began it. The author doesn’t really even offer us a synopsis to go off of! However, I read it in an afternoon. It wasn’t the best story I’ve ever read, but it was really good.

Plot: 4.5/5

This is the tale of a young couple who must recover from an Indian massacre during which most of their loved ones were killed. Jacob, the husband, leaves Annie in the care of some military men to go preach salvation to the
Éowyn
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The one tripping stone the story presented me was the location, which was vague throughout. It was not clear to me whether the story was the "far west" or somewhere more eastern earlier in the century. Nevertheless, it didn't bother me much as the very vagueness further reminded me of some westerns I've seen, something the feel of the story was already giving me vibes of.

And speaking of feel...

I was going to say that the feel of this story is delightful, but then withdrew it as it didn't seem th
Mikayla
Honestly, I don't know what to think of this book.
I loved Jacob and Anne; they were such a sweet couple.
I really would have liked more descriptions of the area. I felt rather blind.
I had two problems with the book and they are huge spoilers. (view spoiler)
Daisy Paquet
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love that Goodreads is all 'what did you think?" Like I'm supposed to know what I thought. Come on, Goodreads, be realistic. I DON'T KNOW MY OWN THOUGHTS!

Well... A preface here. I am a fantasy/sci fi person. Historical fiction... I mostly do WWII because I'm weird, ok? Weird in an awesome way, of course.
Also, as I have said before, Christian Fiction often disappoints me. Maybe I'm too picky. Or something. Oh well.

This book didn't really disappoint me... It was good, but it didn't....

Attack me
A. Harrison
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
RTC
Rebekah Tooley
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this so much!!! It brought tears to me eyes, and anger to my heart, and a smile to my face! :)
Hanna
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This lovely book, though pretty short, was so precious!
The plot- great, fast-paced but not too hurried, touching, all that fun stuff. The ending, with the mention of the sawdust, just brought it all around.
The content- I had one concern, which brought down my rating to four stars. When the preacher calls the Indians "Hell-deserving", Jacob replies, "No one deserves Hell, Preacher." I disagree with that, and the Bible clearly states that all people have sinned, and therefore deserve Hell. God e
Audrey
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a painful but oh so sweet story. I am breathless. Words fail me.

Thanks to the author for sharing this wonderful book with me. I am blessed.
Kaitlyn
Rachel
Oct 01, 2017
Vick Ali
Oct 03, 2017
WILLOWY WHISPER is a young, Christian fiction author. She lives in a beautiful place called West Virginia, nestled between mountain and field. She is the author of ten novels, nine of which are published, and numerous short stories. She enjoys playing the piano, the guitar, and the ukulele; painting; photography; and graphic design. She is also a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, an incurable r ...more
“Jacob, what's wrong with you? Why would you want to do this? What kind of husband . . . what kind of man are you?”
“I don't know.” Jacob's voice was a whisper. “But before I pledged myself to Annie, I pledged myself to God.”
“I hope you know what you're doing.” Montrose glanced back towards the kitchen. In their silence, they heard Annie's low sobs. “I hope it's worth it.”
10 likes
“Without needing told, without Jacob's lead, Akando dropped to his knees and lunged into the throne room of Christ.” 9 likes