Start by marking “Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)

Alien Mate

(Alien Mate #1)

I'm Starr Elizabeth Connor. Earth's government falsely convicted me of a crime, packed me on a ship with other female felons, and sent us to Dakon, a primitive, frozen wasteland of a planet. Why? Earth needs minerals, and Dakon is desperate for females.

But I'm no barbarian’s 'mail order bride,' even if he is super tall, muscular, and the chief of his tribe. He doesn’t want
Published April 17th 2017 by Cara Bristol (first published April 10th 2017)

Katie
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley

description

Ah! I completely loved this book!

The book follows the heroine, Starr, who has been wrongly accused of a crime- murder. For her punishment, she is sent away to an alien planet called Dakon. Dakon lost most of it's females due to illness and is in desperate need of 'mates'. Starr gets placed with Torg, an alien who looks much like Earth men, but just much bigger in size...oh, and he has horns.

I completely loved these two together. Torg was totally swoon worthy and Starr was funny and V
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Sci-Fi. Romance
Series : - Stand Alone - although a possible series?
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

SO we have the typical set u
Marta Cox
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well this is a mail order bride unlike any other I've read! In fact you could consider it to be 'trafficking ' although to be fair the majority of the women on board the SS Australia are there voluntarily except for Starr. Starr never had a choice and has resigned herself to the idea of an alien husband but her very first meeting with Torg is anything but happy because the horned brute definitely doesn't like what he sees!
I really liked the idea of this but will admit I was disappointed that the
Sophia
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've already fallen in love with her cyborgs so it was not a huge leap to grab her fun and exciting alien mail-order bride romance.

The mail-order bride trope is a favorite of mine because I love seeing two strangers who might be vastly different find a way to work together and even fall in love. Add in a primitive alien setting and a dangerous suspense thread and, brothers and sisters, I'm hooked.

Starr's not the typical mail-order bride in that she didn't sign up for all this, but she's a fair
Penny Watson
Sep 05, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF

This was free, so I decided to give it a shot after reading the sample.

Slightly entertaining, but I lost interest. Also, it seems like every time I try a sci-fi romance the aliens are humanoid just really, really big. (This guy had little horns on his head, too).

There were some cute parts to this, but not enough to hold my interest.

DNF

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Alien Mate is book one in the Alien Mate series by Cara Bristol.

I’ve been in an Alien reading mood lately. I’ve been skimming through those freebies I’ve picked up over the years and giving new authors a try.

Alien Mate is a mail order bride / trafficking. It's kinda both types. The women on the ship are being traded for an item one plant wants/needs. And, yes most of the women have agreed to go to Dakon a frozen arctic plant where women are needed, but also the other plant is getting ride of it
Under the Covers Book Blog
What’s worse than being accused and convicted of a murder you didn’t commit? Maybe being shipped off to an alien planet with the climate of the Antarctica and a population mostly consisting of primitive males in desperate need of women. That’s exactly the situation that Starr finds herself, but can this alien planet really be any worse than prison?

I love an alien story! Especially of the we-need-women variety, although people may scoff and roll their eyes at them, I think they’re a lot of fun.
Leyla
3 Stars!

I enjoyed this. It didn't blow my mind or melt my heart... It was what it was. Easy guilty pleasure read.
description

I like Cara's writing style. It was fast paced and really easy going.
Not too complicated and I didn't find myself bored with the obvious Mars-needs-women theme. If you like the genre, you'll understand that you read so many that eventually most of them sound the same.
But this was fun. Had some good twists but some predictable villains.
The hero was the most down to earth male. An alph
Lola
I received a free copy of this book from the author through netgalley.

This book was such a fun read! I had read one of Care Bristol her short stories in the anthology Pets in Space and had been planning to pick up one of her full length books, so when I saw this one on netgalley I couldn't resist requesting it. Alien Mate is basically a mail-order bride plot line set in space. Terran decided to solve one of their problems and gain some valuable mineral they need. They sent some convicted females
Cherise
Dísir
There were many moments throughout where I had to remind myself that the suspension of disbelief was key to enjoying this space-order brides story.

Cara Bristol's imagination certainly works here, though it's harder to believe that Earth women - convicted criminals no less - would be happy being shipped off as mates to aliens who live on an arctic planet without having met them or know about their culture. Near-instalove ensues and the mated couples actually get on swimmingly despite the cultura
Jessie
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn't an exhilarating read as I'd hope, but it wasn't bad either. Soooooo, 50-50?

The writing was great; The characters were ok. But what had me reading till the end was the amazing plot. Cara Bristol could pack a hefty plot I tell ya. I was like ohhh... ahhh... noooo... whatttt? how could she?... That bitch!!!...

This book invoked my inner me mainly a lot of hate, but that's ok. The antagonist was dealt with so all's well.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Kathy Heare Watts
ROCKS-FOR-BRIDES

Once again, Cara Bristol has spun an amazing Sci-fi tale. Two planets, each needing something, and working out an exchange program. One is trusting, and the other is devious in how they handle their part of the exchange. Earth or Terra needs the illuvian ore to power things on earth, and Dakon needs females to help populate their planet after an asteroid centuries ago wiped out so many of their people. Along with it came a virus that killed out females, leaving them with only a f
BJ
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok
The story flowed well, good pacing and I liked the alien characters. I liked it but if felt like so many other alien sci-fi books, except the aliens in this weren't blue. I guess I'm little tired of Terrans always being the bad guys, and and human women acting so stupidly, when they are supposed to be smart. Do it was just OK.
E.G. Manetti
Nice riff on Alien-hunks-need-brides. In this case, earth government is shipping prisoners to the far end of the galaxy in return for fuel. Throw in organized crime and a wrongly condemned heroine and both the action and the smexy are hot.
Jannie Cv
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm on a sci-fi high!
Starr Conner, targeted by the powerful Carmichael family, is unjustly convicted of 2nd degree murder. Now she's on her way across the galaxy, one of 50 criminal women destined to become Dakon brides. When it's time for mates to be chosen, she realizes she's the only one in the group who is not tall, dark haired and dark eyed. And no one wants her.
What a position to be in. She is on an inhospitable planet, unwanted, nowhere near the few friends she made on the trip! I think
Sara
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEXY SCI-FI ROMANCE!!!
Title: Alien Mate
Author: Cara Bristol
Designation: Full-Length Standalone Science Fiction Romance, NO CLiffhanger, HEA #BBW #hotaliens #iceplanet
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Super Sexy Sci-Fi Stars*****
I discovered Cara Bristol in the first Pets In Space Anthology in 2016. I began reading my way through her published library of work and have become quite a fan. Alien Mate is somewhat of a departure from her usual romantic action-adventure science fiction c
Debra Johnson
Alien Mate by Cara Bristol
Genres; Adult, Romance, Sci-fi
3.5 Stars

Interesting story. There are various errors. From sentence structure, grammar and typos.
Not a lot, but the ones there make you stop and go back to reread what you just read.
Some of it is a bit boring and repetitive.
However, Torg, his culture and planet are interesting.
Starr and the other women from Earth seem relatively smart and strong.
There are some smile and grin moments.
The intimate scenes are adult, sweet & steamy.
There
Cindy Rampmeyer
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! The Dakonians need mates. Centuries ago a meteor hit their planet and destroyed their world, and killed most of their women. Terra needs an ore that Dakonia has, and has sent women as trade. What they don't tell the Dakonians is that the Terran women are criminals. At least, most of them are. Torq is his tribe's leader and Starr is his new mate. Torq and Starr try to learn about each other and they fall in love. Starr doesn't tell Torq she, and the other women, were criminals ...more
Dawn West
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Love knows no bounds--or planetary limits!

Starr is on her way to a new planet but not of her own free will. After being convicted of a crime she wasn't guilty of, she found her sentence had changed. Instead of rotting away in prison, she was now to become a mate to one of the alien men on Dakon.

Torg has been waiting impatiently for the ship of human females to arrive. He's drawn the third pick in the lottery and will have a choice of n
Deanna from Deanna's World
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cara Bristol delivers the alien mail order bride trope with fun, culture shocks, horned aliens, murderers and mayhem. This story is alien culture shock at it's most fun.

I have to admit I started this book with no expectations whatsoever. I had never read an alien mate story before and it didn't even occur to me these Terran women were sci-fi alien mail order brides until I got a ways into the book. What fun! That said, knowing what I did of Starr's past I was concerned that what she would say a
Meghan Lloyd
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick, romantic read with spice and action! I went into this with low expectations, which is just a testament to the alien romances I have read in the past. It's hard to find one where you're not rolling your eyes and closing the book halfway through. This book was funny, and I loved the main characters. Very well done!

Starr Conner has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life on Dakon as mate to one of the alien males inhabiting the planet. Two hundred years ago, an asteroid struck their
Bookgyrl
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Starr was sentenced for murder (while it was self defence) and shipped on a space ship with 49 other women to planet Dakon. They serve as a trade off for valuable ore found on the planet that suffers from an asteroid-induced winter. The asteroid carried a virus that killed most of the women.

Torg is leader of his clan and won the chance on choosing a mate. He is late, however, and gets the only choice left: Starr. The only blonde, small woman. Not really suited for the cold planet, but he is tot
Boundless Book Reviews
I voluntarily received a copy of Alien Mate, in exchange for an honest review.  I absolutely freaking LOVED it!  This is a genre I read a lot, since I do love my aliens.  In Alien Mate I was sucked in from the beginning and I finished the book in one sitting.  The world and characters building was outstanding and I am really looking forward to more of this series.

It was funny, sexy, sweet, exciting, and a complete escape; which is what I look for in my alien romance books.  I am giving it 5 Hug
Izzie d
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, alien, arc
I really liked this book. This is the first book I have read by this author so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Starr Elizabeth Connor is convicted of a crime she did not commit and finds herself on a ship headed for an alien planet where the men are desperate for women to take as brides to avoid the extinction of their species. The problem is Starr didn't know or sign up for this and is waiting to win an appeal to prove her innocence..
Torg wants his own female and Starr is not what he expected.
I en
Saskia
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
The story of Starr and Torg. Starr has been falsely convicted of a crime and she is packed up on a ship with other female felons and sent to Dakon, a primitive, frozen wasteland of a planet as a bride. There is an instant connection between Starr and her mate Torg. I liked the fact that the planet was more primitive and they had lost their previous civilization. It is a different twist. If you are a fan of the Ice planet Barbarians series by Ruby Dixon, you will like this book. It has some very ...more
Brooke
1.5 DNF at 30%

More plot holes than Swiss cheese shot at with an AK-47.

There are only so many times I can suspend reality before I just give up and say “can you please THINK about what you are writing before you write that!?” I had low hopes for this going in, so I’m not surprised in the least (hence status on my “should have known better than to read this” self.) Still I could have kept on with this one, it just wasn’t fun and I felt brain cells dying.
Theresa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
A very short "Mars Needs Women" story. There wasn't much character development nor background. The heroine oscillated between juvenile and mature. I didn't find her likeable. The Hero was so hunky and nice that he almost left no impression at all. I was disappointed that there wasn't any domestic discipline since the author was Cara Bristol. The setup was perfect since the women were criminals. A similar book is Ice Planet Barbarians.
  • The Journey's End (Distant Worlds, #1)
  • Princess SOS (The Ravager Chronicles, #1)
  • Unchained
  • Gron's Fated (Ruth & Gron, #2)
  • Alien General's Baby (Zoran Warriors, #1)
  • Bonded (Star Breed, #2)
  • Alien Attachments (Alien Attachments, #1)
  • Alien, Mine (Alien, Mine Series, #1)
  • Stealing Mercury (Arena Dogs #1)
  • Daxx and Jetta (Hot Alpha Alien Husbands, #1)
  • Trapped (The Condemned Series, #1)
  • Pets in Space: Cats, Dogs, and Other Worldly Creatures (Pets in Space Anthologies, #1)
  • Spark (Galaxy Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency; Qurilixen World)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Wreck of the Nebula Dream
  • The Warrior’s Pet (Cadi Warriors, #1)
  • Axen (Vortex Alien Warriors, #1)
  • Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author Cara Bristol writes character driven science fiction romance with humor, heart, and heat. She loves introducing new readers to science fiction romance, and likes to say she writes sci-fi for readers who don’t like sci-fi. When she’s not writing (ha ha ha – she’s almost always writing) she enjoys traveling to exotic destinations and chillaxin’ with her favorite reality ...more

Alien Mate (4 books)
  • Alien Attraction (Alien Mate, #2)
  • Alien Intention (Alien Mate, #3)
  • Alien Mischief (Alien Mate, #4)
“More than a straw that broke the camel’s back, this was the log that crushed the animal and finished it off. I’d been falsely convicted of a crime, exiled to a frozen remote planet, preventing me from participating in my appeal, wrapped in a stinky animal skin, handed over to an alien who’d found me lacking—and now I had to live in a cave during an eternal winter?” 0 likes