Start by marking “Crazy Sexy Notion” as Want to Read:
Crazy Sexy Notion

Crazy Sexy Notion

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
My former best friend...is now a hooker...

MICK
After a terrible breakup, the crazy notion hit me to look up my childhood friend. With half a country between us, I haven't seen Raven since the day my dad rushed in and saved me from the Sandy Hill Trailer Park. But I loved Raven as a boy, and now I need to find out if I could love her as a man. Only problem: her profession.
Co
Published (first published January 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Sexy Notion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Sexy Notion

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 Meant to Be Stars

photo Mickey_zpstb1dwspm.jpg

Well when we are first introduced to Mick I thought he was a total tosser!! As he broke up with his girlfriend of two years by telling her he doesn't care about her and he has been cheating the whole time. There are a tonne of ways to break it off with someone and that's not one in my opinion. He did however slowly win me back through the book.

Mick/Mickey grew up in a trailer park in Kansas but was saved by his rich father when he was 10yrs old. He now lives an affluent life
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

It didn’t help that this man had to be straight up handsome, too. Like Clark Kent handsome… He even had on dark frames, as if he really were trying to channel Clark Kent up in the front seat. Good thing I'd always been a Batman fan.

I had a feeling I was about to see the side of him that turned smart girls, like Sandra, stupid.

His blue eyes were sincere and kind, staring at me like I hung the moon in his eyes. He knew the worst about me and…still, he’d only ever looked at me with
Jemima
Feb 06, 2018 added it
FOR GOODREADS

ARC

I'll be honest here and say that this took me a while to review. I really wanted to like book so I decided to give this one a try but sadly I STILL DIDN'T like it.
I am sorry but it's just ridiculous! Former best friend he hasn't met for more than a decade and he suddenly just decides to barge into her life and sweep her off her feet?!
I couldn't 'come to terms' with the start of the book but somewhere along the way I sort of got into it but it wasn't worth gushing on about. Sorry!

new 3.5 small
Hanne
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Mick and Raven were neighbors when they were children. They were best friends and inseparable. Until one day, Mick had to move in with his dad. He lived far away from Raven and Raven was devastated when Mick left. Raven and Mick hadn’t seen nor heard from each other for more than a decade.

Mick just broke up with his girlfriend. He never loved her or anyone else. He has never forgotten Raven and he wants to see her again. Raven still lives in the same town and she hasn’t had a good life. Mick is
Tpagirl
Crazy Sexy Notion was a standalone by Sarah Darlington and was the first book I’ve read y this author. I received an ARC for an honest review.

Mickey Jasmine was born to a drug addict in a trailer park in a small town in Kansas. At ten his father took him across the country to live with him and raise him. He had a better life but he never forgot his best friend from birth, whom he promised he would always protect. He hadn’t seen her in fifteen years and it was time to resolve that.

Raven Malone ha
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Meant to Be Stars

photo Mickey_zpstb1dwspm.jpg

Wit & Wonder Books
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Best friends since they were children, the journey of Mickey and Raven is filled with everything from hail the size of golf balls to mind blowing declarations and it all sweeps you on the journey in Sarah Darlington's sweet and emotion filled new novel, Crazy Sexy Notion.

"She'd never been more than a childhood friend, but somehow this gut feeling inside told me that she was always meant to be more."

Mick, formerly known as Mickey,
Jessica Has Her Nose in a Book
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: riri, romance, 2017-reads
This was an enjoyable afternoon read! Crazy Sexy Notion is the story of Raven & Mick. The two were best friends, enduring life at the trailer park & taking what Kansas gave them for 10 years...until Mick's dad came and took him away, leaving a vulnerable Raven with no protector. Fifteen years later, Mick travels from Maine to come save Raven, the same way he was rescued at age ten. He quickly learns that Raven is a prostitute with a daughter. Life has not been easy for her since Mick lef ...more
Shannon
Loved it! I think Mickey is my new favorite Darlington BBF, next to Leo!

I’m not even sure how to go about describing this book or how exactly it made me feel! I’m kind of feeling like Raven and her dilemma with Mick~ “...if I ever actually saw Mickey again in my lifetime then I’d show him...I’d show him...Well...I still wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to show him.”

Crazy Sexy Notion is so different from Ms. Darlington’s previous books, but in a really good way! It’s funny and sexy and so freaki
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
This quick read by new to me author Sarah Darlington was a very enjoyable second chance/friends to lovers romance. The two once best friends Raven and Mickey grew up in the same harsh conditions and only had each other to rely on for the first 10 years of their lives. But then Mickey's father swooped in and saved him from that life. And in doing so, Mickey had to leave Raven behind. Years later they are reunited, but it's not the reunion either was expecting.

Mickey, or Mick as most of the chara
Nicole
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! I've been a fan of Sarah Darlington's books since I got the chance to read her debut He Belongs with Me, and her Kill Devil Hills series is fantastic. As much as I liked this story, I found myself with a few questions throughout the story that weren't answered, but that's because I'm detail-oriented person and like to have all the information lol.

Mick is back in his hometown after 15 years because of his former best friend Raven, although their initial reunion isn't
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Wow, I really enjoyed this story, so not what I was expecting. This is my first Sarah Darlington story and I can happily say I am hooked.

Mickey is living in a trailer park with his mother when his father takes him away at the age of 10. He is heartbroken when he leaves leaving his best friend Raven there. Promising he will come back for her. Never realizing that when he leaves Raven's life will take drastic turns.

Raven, never really blamed Mickey for leaving, she was dealt a bad hand and handl
Paige Smith
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crazy Sexy Notion is the story of childhood friends, Raven and Mickey (Mick), who haven't seen each other since they were ten years old. After fifteen years apart, Mick and his brother Nick take a road trip so Mick can pretty much find out if she's the one for him. Once he arrives at her trailer, he immediately realizes he must save her from the life she's living with her daughter.

He takes Raven and Samantha, her daughter, back home with him and they begin to discover how much they've changed o
Peggy M
3,5 stars

I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

Sometimes you read a blurb and you get very curious about the story. This was one of those times!
I read the blurb and then I really wanted to read the story and I’m so glad that I did because this story was a nice surprise.

Mick (or Mickey like Raven likes to call him) was born in a trailer park. His mother wasn’t a great parent but he had a best friend there… Raven. They did everything together so it broke hi
Angie

This was my first official read of 2018, and I'm glad this year seems to be off to a great start!

I've been fortunate enough to be one of Sarah's betas for a few years now, so I was more than a little excited when she emailed me with a new book. I have to admit that I was a little trepidatious when I read the summary because of the 'hooker' aspect (and the negative connotations that might stem from that), but I can happily say that I thoroughly enjoyed this contemporary!

Raven and Mickey
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

Sarah Darlington is a new author to me and I loved the sound of the blurb for CRAZY SEXY NOTION so I thought; why not? Glad I did but at the same time I'm not overly enthusiastic about the book. The writing was great, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't connect to any of the characters... at all. Okay, maybe Samantha because, well, she's just a kid and reminds me of my own.

Didn't like Raven; not even a little bit. There's stubborn and then there's IRRITATINGLY stubborn. She's definitely
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

Full disclosure: as much as the blurb intrigued me (which it obviously did since I volunteered to review it), it also made me a little skeptical. That bit of skepticism stayed with my through a large portion of the book, but at the same time the intrigue persisted as well, which made Crazy Sexy Notion a true page-turner for me. The story begins rather abruptly, but that sort of set the fast paced tale in motion. While I grew to like both
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!

I really liked this one. It's a cute, fun, sweet read. Both Mick and Raven are wild cards. They are free spirits and fun. Mick is looking for more in life and hops in his brother's car and goes back to the trailer park form his childhood to find the one girl who stole his heart when they were kids. Mick kind of rushes into things and thinks with his heart and not his head. I really liked him. When Raven was younger Mick was everything to her but when he comes back into her life she i
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

***Minor spoilers ahead***

This book follows the reunion of Mick and Raven, childhood friends who were torn apart at the age of 10, only for them to be re-united 15 years later when Mick decides to track down the one person he believes is for him. The premise of this story is fine but isn't something to be driven wild with excitement over. I don't know if its just that this book wasn't up my alley or the fact that it j
Dirty Dayna
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r-arr
3.5 Mickey stars

tumblr_onp53k_LW8n1r81esco2_r1_400

It all started with cherry hill trailer park...what happened next is why I kept that Waterford vase ....

Maybe it would have been easier to just fuck her.

2bc0021d_e9a8_461e_96e9_356f251789e8

The book is about childhood sweethearts who haven't seen eachother is about 10 years. He goes and decides she moving in with him and they are going to be together. There are some really great and creative moments but for me the book was too Instalove and a tad unbelievable. The girl has a 7 year old who never attends school
Cheryl Graham Petit
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sarah Darlington has weaved a captivating romance story with a unique storyline and enjoyable characters. There's heartbreak, secrets, forgiveness sizzling scenes, and so many emotions.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Mick plays in the minor leagues for baseball, but has eventually gone back home to where it all began in order to 'rescue' his former best friend Raven. Raven is still there, with a daughter, but she is also a prostitute. Not that it matters to Mick.

Raven had lost her best friend and the boy that protected her, ever since she has had to look after herself, stuck in Pecan. When Mick rocks up, he does not give her mu
Casey
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I have read and enjoyed books by Sarah Darlington before, but I was really intrigued with Crazy Sexy Notion after reading the blurb. I enjoyed this one quite a bit and I think a lot of readers will as well. While the circumstances weren't the most realistic here, I was able to enjoy the story for what it was and luckily the subject matter didn't drag the story down for me.

After a series of bad relationships and one terrible break up and the
Toni
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOTE: I received a free e-copy of Crazy Sexy Notion from the author in exchange for an honest review.

As ten-year-olds, they were torn apart from one another, but always wondered what would have happened if Mickey Lawson had stayed in Pecan living next to Raven Malone. Would they still be best friends? Would they be in love?

Fed up with wondering, the book begins with 25-year-old Mick Jasmine's epiphany to return to Pecan, KS, with his new name, his new life, and a new idea. He wants to take Raven
Michelle
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this novel I received from the author.

Crazy Sexy Notion is a quick, enjoyable read written by new-to-me author Sarah Darlington. It tells the story of childhood best friends Raven and Mickey who were separated when they were ten years old and went on to live very different lives. Raven stayed behind in the trailer park they grew up in, doing anything to make sure she could provide for her young daughter, including becoming a prostitute. Mickey, now called Mi
Twinsie Talk Angie J

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Crazy sexy notion by Sarah Darlington
I receive this book from the author for an honest review.
When I saw the sign ups for the book I jumped because I am a fan of Sarah’s other series. Boy was I stunned at the different theme this book carried then the others I have read…LOL
This book is about a guy, Mi
Yvonne Eason
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
My review of Crazy Sexy Notion by Sarah Darlington-Author - Yvonne

This book follows the story of Mick and Raven. Beat friends for 10 years until Micks father comes to take him away from the trailer park they live in. Fast forward 15 years and you see Mick going back to his old life to find Raven. He promised himself when he left he would come back for her.

When Mick left Ravens life spiralled out of control. Her life changed and she hated Mick for leaving her. Now he's back and wants to save her.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

This isn't my first rodeo with Sarah Darlington and I can assure you it won't be my last...not by a long shot. Crazy Sexy Notion was right up my alley in every single way.

Sarah has a way with her writing.... she can take a cookie cutter contemporary romance and give it a twist or two in their plot that shakes everything up making it stand out over others. It's what I love about her stories and while this might not be my top book by her (we all have our super favorites) it was definitely
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Crazy Sexy Notion is the first book that I've read by Sarah Darlington, and it definitely won't be my last. It did take me a bit to get into at first, (and this is only MY OPINION), but once I got past that hump, I couldn't put it down, as it was definitely a different story than I'm used to reading. It centers around two best friends named Mickey aka Mick & Raven, who were surviving life at their Kansas trailer park, until Mick's dad came and took him away when he was 10 years old. Which le ...more
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
I really enjoyed this book. This is the story of Mickey and Raven who were childhood best friends who lost each each other after Mickey moved at the age of 10. They are now adults with their own issues and are back in each others lives.
I really wanted to not like Mickey because the book starts out with him being a cheater. But as the book goes along I can't help but love him. I can't help but love his heart. We learn the only women he ever truly loved was Raven. He even goes to find her as an a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Subscribe to my newsletter for new release alerts: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com/cv

I’m most active on Instagram (instagram.com/_sarahdarlington)
so find me there!

I write New Adult and Contemporary Romance books that are both steamy and sweet, with a touch of agnst. I love creating book boyfriends you won’t soon forget.
My latest... Joe Coffee☕

I’m a mom to two young kiddos, both on the spectrum, so my da
More about Sarah Darlington

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)