Start by marking “Birthquake” as Want to Read:

Birthquake

WARNING: Highly prone to spontaneous fits of delirium, irrational logic and violent, unpredictable mood swings. This individual has been sober, swollen and hungry for the past nine months, so proceed with caution and handle with care. Anything said during the course of labor and delivery should not be taken seriously. Side effects may last up to eighteen years. Please cons ...more
Published September 21st 2017 by BL Berry Books

To ask other readers questions about Birthquake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birthquake

Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rib tickling romantic comedy which is like a breath of fresh air. I so needed to read this and laugh out real loud.
Henley and Jeff meet per chance in the airplane from Kansas to Denver and fate takes over. Jeff is a typical guy , awkwardly babbling in front of a pretty girl and this breaks the ice.

description
yeah, I’m kind of the master of fitting big things into tight spaces.” What the fuck kind of comment was that?
“You should see what I’m packing down below.”

They get together and ......
I'm not gonna te
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: B.L. Berry
5 Stars

My goodness what a great book that is full of real life moments! Like seriously, things that have truly happened to each and every one of us. Things that you think could only happen to you and no one else…

Jeff and Henley meet on a flight after Jeff hit the snooze button one too many times and is running for the plane in hopes that the gate attendant will cut him some slack and not close the door on him! Having everyone already boarded the flight and seats full, he
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 21, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy

You know those books that just make you feel good? The ones where you essentially become one with the characters? The ones that are down to earth and fun? Well, this is THAT book. I truly enjoyed escaping into Birthquake by B.L. Berry. I love a surprise pregnancy romance and this one really hit the spot. I'm glad I saw it while browsing my kindle unlimited recommendations. This is a book I certainly did not want to miss!

Birthquake is a r
B.L. Berry
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
BLOGGERS AND READING FRIENDS!!!

Blogger SignUp!

I am so excited to introduce you to Jeff and Henley, an adorably crazy couple on the brink of "baby makes three." In just a few short weeks, ARCs of Birthquake (a standalone novel) will be ready for you to devour! The release blitz is scheduled on September 21st and I would love for nothing more if you were to lend me your support!

Bloggers, if you could be so kind as to click the animation above or use this link http://bit.ly/2fn4ySB to sign up to support the rele
Stephanie Rose
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, heartfelt, and amazing! I enjoy rom-coms, but I tend to sway toward the feels more than the laughs. This brilliant book has both in spades. Jeff and Henley are adorable and hilarious, with a palpable epic love between them. I laughed, I swooned, and most of all I fell in love with this beautifully written story about what really happens when you fall in love and baby makes three. 5+ stars!
S.M. West
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, laugh-out-loud
This was my first BL Berry book and I thoroughly enjoyed it! There were so many laugh-out-loud moments that I was getting weird looks from strangers when I'd read this in public! This story is funny, sweet, sexy and at times, sad. This was a real story about the trials and tribulations of becoming parents!
ItaPixie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, netgalley

I have had a good time reading this book,it was extremely sweet with some good humour thrown between the pages.

Henley and Jeff love story begins with a chance encounter on a plane, it is love at first sight and what happens next is history...I don't want to ruin this novel for you so I'll keep this short and I recommend it to all the people that want to read something funny and lovely without ant major drama.

Birthquake was the first book I've read written by this author but her writing was so n

Faith Andrews
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of BL Berry's writing. Love Nouveau was simply poetic and An Unforgivable Love Story blew my mind. But Berry has a way of tickling my funny bone on a daily basis so when I found out the queen of hilarious one-liners was writing a rom com I had the grabbiest of grabby hands. Lucky for me, I scored an early copy of Birthquake and I'm so happy I did.

As a mom of two, I related to every single second of this book, especially because the only fun part of being pregnant for me was peein
Kaitlyn
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all! Laughter, hilarity, love, some issues, sweet, and most of all everything! This is one book you don't want to miss! I laughed until I cried, I swooned because Jeff is everything, and I wished with all my heart I was best friends with Henley and Tara!!

I don't want to go too into detail about this book because I don't want to spoil one minute of it but gah!! I've read angsty and I've read the awesome romance that is BL Berry. But this romcom? It's so stinking great! It's diff
Stephie Walls
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adore BL Berry's other books, but this one was different--lighter, funny. I'd highlighted all these funny quotes I wanted to share and got all pumped when I hit "the end" to start plotting how to write my review...and then I flipped the page. And the note from the author changed everything about the book for me. What had been a cute read about an adorable couple in love turned into a period of reflection, and how desperately I needed someone to tell me I was okay. Post-partum controlled me for ...more
Lea ★
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided VIA NetGalley.

What a sweet, sweet book!
I couldn't stop reading it and devoured it in a matter of hours.
Had all the elements I love. It was swoony, romantic, sexy and it made me laugh.
I loved how you could really feel the connection between two main characters.
It was so funny! I was laughing out loud and that is always a good sign. This was exactly what I needed.
This was my first read by this author and it certainly won't be my last.
Kimberley C.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is light-hearted and funny, and I really enjoyed it. Totally relatable, and it hooked me from beginning to end. Looking forward to reading more from this author!
Alex ♈
Em
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I needed this kind of romantic comedy.

There's this scene that's literally stuck in my head. It was when Henley was in labour and Jeff was late to the hospital. That image of him casually pulling out the sandwich while Hen was just not having it and being told to get out of the room and eventually coming back with sandwich stuffed in his mouth and a pout. They were so adorable and funny.
K.K. Allen
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SERIOUSLY! How have I not read B.L. Berry before? I'm in love, and honestly, I think I needed to shake my reading up a bit and try something different. Birthquake was so FULL of everything. Humor, romance, sweet and swoony, and a bit of real life thrown in. This story kept me on my toes the entire time. Definitely on my RomCom recommendation list.
Logan Hr
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm new to this author, but it won't be my last book! Totally funny, sweet and sexy! Totally different from what I've read regarding this genre! But oh so well written that it's worth it!
Jenn
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laugh and swoon...

This is a complete standalone.

We get a glimpse from Jeff's POV for the prologue and then it is continued in Henley's POV. I thought this book was a great combination of sweet and funny, with a little steamy mixed in. I loved that Jeff wasn't the typical alpha male but had more quirkiness, I found him to be very sweet. This book had a lot of actual laugh out loud moments and was even somewhat relatable throughout. Henley and Jeff are so adorable and an absolute perfect match.

J.A. DeRouen
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and refreshing read! Birthquake was a heartfelt and hilarious take on relationships, pregnancy, and motherhood. Lots of us have been there, and I felt like high-fiving Henley as she went through her journey. Since I’m a labor and delivery nurse, Birthquake hit home for me in so many ways. Toward the end, I found myself saying, “I could labor the hell out of Henley—challenge accepted!” LOL! Must read mayhem, at your service!!!
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This woman is an earthquake with a heartbeat and a smile capable of shifting the earth beneath your feet, but powerful enough to bring your whole world crumbling down. It absolutely terrifies me. And all I know is I want more of it.
Of her.

Guys. No, really, GUYS.

YOU. NEED. TO. READ. THIS. BOOK.

I’m not kidding; if you find a book that can make you cry with laughter, nod with acceptance and recognition, and ache with love and a little bit of Oh, FFS, then you shout about it from the rooftops.

So,
Antonella
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I was this close to not finishing this book. When comes to comedy reads I have read better. When comes to accidental pregnancy books I have read better. When comes to books with no drama plot line where you depend on narrator character to like a book, yes you guess it I have read better books.

Me reading this was something like this

When I say better that is my subjective rate. Okay!
This was not a bad read, but it is not memorable read either.

Light read! More of a couple chuckel than LOL read.
Oumy
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet fun romantic tale of the mundane of life for an expecting woman. I absolutely loved it all, with its blunt realistic feel of pregnancy, all meshed with the wit of great lovable characters and the cuteness of a love that didn't burn bright, but burn slow and steady. We all need a Jeff in our lives, and I recommend this book for every expecting woman. It's educational, helpful all while maintaining that intrincint beauty of a novel <3
Paula White
DNF @ 28% - not for me
Anna Aurora
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars!!!!!!
Christine
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Birthquake is not your typical rom-com......and I say that in a good way. The story had such a different feel and flow to it, and I truly did love every minute of the story! I hadn't even finished reading one chapter and I think I laughed more in that time frame than I have on other rom-com stories. Not only did I laugh, but I cried at moments too. I think being a mom myself, I could relate to some of the thoughts and feelings that Henley felt over her pregnancy and birth. Being a mom is hard, a ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk
This was more of a 4.5 star read than just a flat 4 stars and the only reason I didn't bump it up is because of slight disconnections I had with portions of the book. So these portions are very small, one being that I would have LOVED to hear more of Jeff's voice throughout the story. I believe the prologue is in Jeff's voice and I may even say it is what really hooked me into the book. Yes, I was hooked to this book about 15 pages in! I just knew that this was going to be a story that I was abl ...more
Sierra Hill
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the fact that BL Berry has branched out in a different direction with her latest book, Birthquake. It’s a humorous take on the “oopsie daisy” mistake between Henley and Jeff, a couple in a fairly new relationship.
This book is a perfect combination of adorable and fun, along with some very funny situations. This isn’t a typical contemporary romance, as the reader is privy to their first introduction and then it fast forwards to a few months into their relationship. It was definitely a uni
Dylan Allen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO hilarious from page one! So heartwarming and romantic and fantastic. Birthquake is Romantic Comedy gold. Seriously one of my favorite ones this year - I laughed out loud SO many times!
Great job, BL!
Simii Khanom
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
B.L. Berry outdone herself with this book! The amount of times I've laughed so hard during it, gave me back aches for days (the good ones lol). It's not a story that I haven't heard before but it was so hysterically funny I can't explain.

Full review to come soon.
Louise McKie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I predict a birthquake up in here.......
Sorry couldn't resist that and yes I was singing it. In fact I don't think I can ever sing that again without changing earthquake to birthquake lol!!!!

Birthquake was the first full novel I have read by this author. I read her story in the mom fail anthology.

I absolutely loved Henley and Jeffs story, it was just so funny and beautiful at the same time. A wonderful story of the many many joys of pregnancy, including the not so joyful parts!!! Anyone that is
Jessica
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a highly anticipated read for me. I'm happy to say I was not at all disappointed.

I was hooked from the prologue, where we get a first look at Jeff's POV. I would have liked a little more of his perspective during the book, but for the most part, Henley's single POV works.

I like how the story focuses on the pregnancy part of their relationship, with just a small emphasis on how they get together. Since you know the pregnancy is coming, it's nice that you get to the crux of the story fai
BL Berry grew up telling lies. Eventually, those lies turned into elaborate stories and when she grew older she started writing them down. When she’s not hiding behind her computer writing, you can find her spending time with her family or catching up on her favorite TV shows. Rumor has it she’ll sleep when she’s dead.

Residing outside of Kansas City, she lives with her husband, two children and bl
“Being pregnant is just... weird. Like weird in that way that French kissing is simply tasting someone else's mouth. Or how a balloon is simply a plastic bag of hot air.” 0 likes
“She knows just how much I hate calling the female lady bits a beaver, so she's grown akin to calling it a Bieber. Fitting since both are hairy little pussies.” 0 likes