Start by marking “Good Lies (Wild Minds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Good Lies (Wild Minds, #1)

Good Lies

(Wild Minds #1)

Addison Wanks, rock'n'roll's favorite daughter, is good at keeping secrets.

Secret One

She's responsible for the long-standing feud between her father's band, Wanks and Janks, and younger band Wild Minds. She may or may not have let Wild Minds' sexy bad-boy lead singer Warren defile her backstage at a concert. Okay, she totally did.

Secret Two

She's supposed to be attending co
ebook, 1st, 279 pages
Published May 8th 2017 by Charlotte West Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Lies

Paige
5 "Wild" Stars

I just couldn't get enough of this book! What a debut. Different and emotional and so fun.

Good Lies is the first book in a new series of standalones and I am hooked. Addison is the daughter of a world famous rock star with a ton of baggage. She's also got a few lies she's desperately trying to hide and after 4 years, those lies are finally starting to catch up with her. In a surprisingly emotional story, this laugher infused romance was everything I could have wanted and more.

Addi
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well I’ll be damned! This story sucked me in and refused to let me go until I read the very last sentence! I can’t tell you how glad I am that I took a chance on this story because it really was that good. Addison and Warren’s story is going to make you not only fall in love with them, but also every side character.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Having witnessed her own mother’s tragedy at the age of three, Addison has seen her fair share of heartbreak to rival any grown-up. Now in the care of her Rock Star father, Addiso
Alex ♈
3.5 - 3.75 stars

The best of the best about this book:
The hero stayed celibate during 3-year separation.
The hero was a rock star. A rock star who took wedding vows serious.
Wow! Yep, I couldn’t believe it either.
Amazing!!!
Safe rock star romance! Loved it about this book!!!

The story was a bit messy. Many unnecessary misunderstandings, the main question why the hero said those awful things many years ago that made her leave him?
I didn’t get all my answers.

But behind his as’holish façade was a goo
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This was a great Rockstar/secret marriage/angsty read.
I really enjoyed reading this one.
I started it in the evening and couldn't put it down!
I read well into the night/early morning...

description

Which made me wake up like this...

description

Saying things like this to my hubs...

description

But, who needs sleep when there are books to read anyway??

My only issue with this story was Addy. I couldn't really get where she was coming from with all her secrets and lies. Yes, yes, I know the book is LITERALLY called Good Lies, but the lie
Kiki
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This is my first encounter with a Charlotte West book and since I was in the mood for a rock star romance, I decided to give it a try. I'm happy to report that I really liked the spin she put on the story.

Addison (Addy) is the child Billy Wanks never knew he had. Orphaned at a young age after a traumatic experience, Addison is thrust into the rock star lifestyle. Billy knew at first glance that she was his child but in case there was any question, he knew for sure after her many visits to
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
I didn't know the author's work and I was positively surprised.
Hero was celibate for the three years of separation earned a star and was a positive point in history. Our heroine is very annoying.
But overall it was a good story and I will follow the author's work.
Snow
First time reading this author...

and as I understand it was her debut novel...

so, I'll be short with my review - for a debut novel, the author has done a good job at pulling the "second-chances NA romance drama" with a filler of angsty sequences while we all discover the "truths" behind the "good lies" the heroine tosses out of her based on her inner insecurities, fears of being unloved and "not good enough", that all started with "not talking shit through" and "not listening", so basically if y
Melanie (mells_view)
Addy and War sitting in a tree....

This story was incredibly good. It was fun, interesting, and had the perfect amount of angst. There’s a forbidden, and secret relationship. Rocker dad, and a rocker lover. Told in the heroines POV. Which does make it a bit hard to connect to the hero of the story. None the less it’s still a good read. Rocker romance isn’t really my favorite because it can all start to feel the same, but this story felt fresh in many ways. Really enjoyable and I’m actually invest
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly
This is not your average rock star love story, and I mean that in the very best way. I was completely charmed by this story and impressed with how it was written in a way that made these "larger than life" characters relatable and endearing. Good Lies was by turns laugh-out-loud funny, heavy with emotion, and sinfully sexy - and it flowed seamlessly and naturally throughout the entire story. It held me completely captive - not wanting to put it down until the delightful, heart melting conclusion ...more
Kristina
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Warren was great, he was totally devoted. He was the best kind of rocker, wild, hot, fun and FAITHFUL. Addison well, I actually felt (which I very rarely do) that Warren actually deserved better than her. Someone more loyal to him. I found her selfish and all about her and her twat of a father who I can't stand in his own book, he was a total sleazebag there. Here he was funny but also irritating.

Not sure if I'll give Asher's book a shot, I felt sorry for him until it appeared he was screwing ar
Julia
Hmmm this one is a tricky one to review. This book could've have been great for had it not been the heroine and her decision making processes. The h was very selfish and cowardly. Also the fact that the following books in this series all have manwhore heros who lead the heroines on with "open relationships." Not digging that at all. But otherwise, this was a solid book. Just the right amount of angst for a Friday afternoon.
Coco.V
Feb 26, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/26/2018)! 💝

Addison Wanks, rock'n'roll's favorite daughter, is good at keeping secrets.

Secret One

Secret Two

She's supposed to be attending college but instead skips town to follow Wild Minds on their European tour. Addy adores Wa
Tahsin
THIS WAS. SO. GOOD!!!! Completely taken aback by how much I enjoyed the story, and how completely invested I was. I know this is set in a fictitious world, and the one I live in is so very different from Addy's - but I related to her so much. (Man, this millennial existential crisis-inducing stories are really getting to me nowadays.)

If this is only a debut novel, I can't wait to read the rest of her stories. I feel like she's going to be one to look out for in the future.
Diane Yoz
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is more than just about Rockers

I really enjoyed this story. Poor Addy has alot of emotional baggage keeping her from truly trusting her dad, Billy and Warren, the man she loves that also happens to be the lead singer of her Dad's opening act. Of course Dad doesn't know how much in love they really are. Lots of drama. Lots of love. Lots of great characters. Can't to start the next book.
Jennifer Pierson
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Addison Wanks has seen more heartache in her young formative years that most adults see in a lifetime, and that hindered her a bit. Now she's on tour with her famous father, and his band, Wanks and Janks, but in those close quarters, she has to grow up too quickly. As a young adult, she's become awesome at keeping secrets, which have impacted her life in crazy ways. She was supposed to be off to college when she ran off to join Wild Minds on their European tour, but things didn't go so well. Esp ...more
Nikki Hernandez
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, arc
Good Lies (Wild Minds #1) by Charlotte West is a standalone second chance bad boy star romance.

The book opens up with 3 year old Addison sitting in her mothers rundown apartment speaking with officers after her mother's overdose. Addison is holding picture of her father Billy Wanks, member of Wanks and Janks, while none of the officers believe her dad could be famous rock star it is later confirmed he is. Billy was a 22 year rockstar who decided to take Addison with him and raises her, she li
Chiara
3.5 ROCK 'N' ROLL STARS!

Good Lies is a funny and steamy romance, with a sprinkle of drama. It's so entertaining that I read it in one sitting!
There are some aspect of the story that are a bit unrealistic and the heroine is sometimes annoying, but this book has everything you need if you're looking for a smutty, lighthearted and amusing story. It will definitely make you smile and lighten up your mood!
Charlotte West did an amazing job on her debut novel and I cannot wait for Ash and Lily's story!
Vera
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

As soon as they met, Addison Wanks, rock'n'roll's favorite daughter, and Warren Price, a rising rock star, felt a connection. Although her father tried to keep them apart, when they meet again, it's explosive and Addison decides to follow Warren and the Wild Minds on their European tour. Addison and Warren fall deeply in love and end up getting married. But a misunderstanding makes Addison leave Warren and return to the US.
Fast forward four years, Addison and Warren are meeting again. She
Sandra
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Link to my full review: http://www.readsandreviews.com/one-of...

I really loved this book. Charlotte West knocked it out of the park with her debut. Addy is a fantastic heroine, a perfectly portrayed 22 year old trying to be independent, yet want to please her daddy. Warren is sexy and sweet. Loved his physical presence in the story, his mannerisms depicted so that he jumped off the page. Billy is the quintessential rocker, but a lovable, flawed Dad that gives this book his depth. There are fanta
Stephanie
3.5 "cute and funny rock star romances are right up my alley even though this one has holes a Mack truck could drive through (view spoiler)" ...more
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic debut by Charlotte West and it sort of reminded me that I enjoy reading books about rock stars. Somewhere along the way, I stopped reading this trope and can’t really remember why.

Addy is forced to face her past and all her secrets when she joins her father on tour and her husband. Yep. Husband. Addy’s infatuation with rock star Warren. But her infatuation not only led to a secret love affair but it also ended in a secret marriage.

I loved the chemistry between Addy and Warren a
EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Addison Wanks is the daughter of rock and roll star, lost her mother at the age of 4 and had never met her Father, that is solved as the Officer that finds her does get in touch with her Father and he comes to the rescue.
Addison is a young teen and now also responsible for a long standing feud between her Fathers band Wanks and Janks and the younger band Wild Minds.
Several things change for her when her Father sends her to live with the Officer who found her, and Addison does manage to get into
Beyond The Covers Blog
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: melissa
ARC reviewed for an honest review and it was reviewed for My Timeout Book Blog by Melissa.

Good Lies is a second chance, rocker romance. I loved the story of Addison and Warren, there was just many levels to it. But the romance between these two isn't the main story of this novel. This is also the story of a girl and her dad, who also happens to be a rock star.

Addison has quickly become a favorite character of mine. She has gone though so many things in her short life. From losing her mother, b
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
3 1/2 Stars.......Not your typical rocker romance.
Warren, I considered him a reserved alpha and Addison, she has some......daddy issues. Billy, her father has his idea and rules in place for her life and of course, she has her own but fears disappointing and not being needed by him

Addison and Warren's relationship is not one-sided despite all the roadblocks Addison puts up. Plus it doesn't help that her rocker father and rocker husband don't get along. So, there is family drama, lies, omissions
Liz
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock
Rock star romances tick all the boxes for me, add in two generations of excellent characters and it's a sure fire winner.

Addy has been making her way in the world on her own until her past comes back and bites her on the bum. The one big secret she is harbouring is going to send her rock god father Billy into a spin.

Loved this fun story, can't wait to read more from this author.
Jamie Ellis
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

Really loved this book. So glad my book buddy Kathy suggested it. I just love a broody sexy alpha Rock Star, and "War" Warren Price is definitely that. Really got a kick out of Addison's dad Billy too. Cannot wait for Ash's story. This was my first read by this author and definitely won't be the last. Very fast paced storyline that I think everyone will enjoy so check it out!
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Harim (The Reader Blog)
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved loved looooved this!

It was perfect, it had EVERYTHING!

Emotions
Drama
Steam
Tragedy

Just effing fantastic!

I loved War and Addy GAHHH!!!
Alex
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
It was pretty great. Read this in one sitting ( very short).
I love the tension between Addy and Warren.
But the plot was too unbelievable.
Also didnt like all the lies. The ending was rushed.

Still, I can;t wait for the second book.
Marila Pokamisa
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by "Good Lies"! I couldn't put it down!! I really loved the story!! Let's hope that the second book is equally good or,why not,even better!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Unapologetic Roma...: West, Charlotte // Good Lies 1 9 Apr 18, 2019 05:53AM
Bargain Basement: Swag Bag 1 8 Apr 24, 2017 03:06PM

• Black Lilith (The Black Lilith Series, #1)
  • Catching Fox
  • Heaven Sent (Oblivion on Tour, #1)
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • HeartLess
  • Detour
  • Duplicity (Jilted #1)
  • Friends & Forever (Sempre, #0.5 & #2.5)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • A Star to Steer Her By
  • Hard Rock Muse (Cherry Lips #3)
  • Full House (The Gamblers #3)
  • Loving a Lush (Lush #2)
  • Played (Elite PR, #2)
  • Cross (Courting Chaos #1)
  • Collide (Worlds Collide Book 1)
  • Enough
  • The Italian's Marriage Demand
Charlotte West writes romance about strong heroines and the sexy alpha males who love them. She lives in Washington state with her husband and very large dog (think miniature pony size). She spends way too much money on books, and way too much time reading. When she’s not reading, she’s feeding her reality television addiction, eating chocolate, or traveling. She's been known to eat her weight in ...more

Wild Minds (3 books)
  • Hard Lessons (Wild Minds, #2)
  • Bad Rules (Wild Minds, #3)