Start by marking “The Regency Brides Collection: 7 Romances Set in England during the Early Nineteenth Century” as Want to Read:

(Barbour Bride Collections)

Romance is a delicate dance bound by rules and expectations in Regency England...
Seven couples must navigate society’s gauntlet to secure the hand of true love....

Charity and Luke are strangers who were forced to marry three years ago.
Adelaide and Walter share a love of music and disdain for elitism.
Caroline and Henry are thrown together by three orphans.
Helen and Isaa
Published November 1st 2017 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about The Regency Brides Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Regency Brides Collection

Marlene
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romance? Check! Regency period? Check! Christian authors? Check! Well, then…. How could I possibly pass this one up? Not to mention that Michelle Griep and MaryLu Tyndall are two of my top five favorite authors!

The Regency Brides Collection: 7 Romances Set in England During the Early Nineteenth Century (2017, Barbour) is an anthology of novellas in the Christian Regency romance genre. As of this review, it's not listed on Goodreads' list of books in Barbour's Bride Collections Series , but
Rebecca
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
"And this was the woman he'd forsaken after their wedding?" - First Comes Marriage

"If you let that songbird fly away, you'll never get her back." - Masquerade Melody

"We were duped into participating in yet another matchmaking scheme." - Three Little Matchmakers

"Pretend that I am brave. Pretend that fear is strength." - The Gentleman Smuggler's Lady

"Perhaps God is answering my 'what now' question?" - When I Saw His Face

"I knew of no other way to stop you from making the gravest error of your l
Michelle Griep
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Even if I weren't an author in this collection, I'd still give this beauty a 5-star review. Why? Because Regency, romance, intrigue . . . do you need any more reasons than that?
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn’t realize, when I picked this up for review, that it was published by an evangelical Christian publisher (Barbour Books). Their mission statement is ‘to publish and distribute inspirational products offering exceptional value and biblical encouragement to the masses’.

Now, there is a huge market out there for Christian romance. That audience… generally does not include me. While I was raised a Protestant, and I do still believe in God, organized religion isn’t something I care for.

Nonethel
Amy
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Regency Brides Collection: 7 Romances Set in England during the Early Nineteenth Century is a wonderful collection from seven wonderful authors. The collection includes:
First Comes Marriage by Amanda Barratt
Masquerade Melody by Angela Bell
Three Little Matchmakers by Susanne Dietze
The Gentleman Smuggler’s Lady by Michelle Griep
When I Saw His Face by Nancy Moser
The Highwayman’s Bargain by MaryLu Tyndall
Jamie Ever After by Erica Vetsch
I enjoyed all of these stories. My two favorites were M
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
Thoroughly enjoyable.
7 novellas by 7 different authors.
I now have 6 new authors to add to my favorite authors list.
Michelle Griep, one of the authors, is already on the list!
Karen R
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Jane Austen, Poldark and anything British will want to read this lovely new collection of stories, all set in England from 1807 to 1819, during the Regency period.

The stories all have a charm of their own, some with action and risk, others more gentile and tender, but all quite good. An interesting cast of characters in each of these stories, representing nearly every level of society: musicians, wounded soldiers, highwaymen to noblemen, widows to young debutantes, a vicar's daughter an
Lucinda
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for The Gentleman Smuggler's Lady by Michelle Griep.

What a delightful little story! I'm utterly convinced Michelle Griep can't write a bad story.

For being short, it sure packed a punch. The main characters are strong: Helen and Isaac don't meet under the best circumstances, and he doesn't leave a good impression on her. But then Helen finds out he's the landowner over the parish where her father lives. And although Helen wants to dislike Isaac, he's not the lawless smuggler sh
Becky
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Barbour Books is making their mark on the novella anthologies with the Regency Brides Collection, they have departed from their normal nine novella format to have only seven novellas in the book. This is a good thing in my mind. I just wish they'd come down to only four. From a reviewing standpoint, four seems to be my highwater mark for keeping the plots of the stories straight. That being said, this collection is quite light hearted and fun.

My favorite one of this collection includes a govern
Carrie Sprys
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Regency Brides Collections includes seven short story romances fueled by the intermingling of love and faith. Though short in length, each tale presents a case of a character who is lost or the one who is finally found, ultimately resulting in a happily ever after ending. Readers looking for a light read with hope and redemption woven throughout will be pleased with this collection of faith-based romances.

I received this advanced copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
For full review: https://joyofreadingweb.wordpress.com...

With a star-studded group of talented authors, and a central theme of love during the regency period, you can’t go wrong!

If you enjoy reading sweet love stories set during the Recency period then you will not want to miss out on picking up this wonderful book. Two of the authors in this collection were new to me, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed their stories as much as the stories written by my favorites.

Each story has it’s own dyna
Pam
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Thanks to Net Galley for a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

It’s always hard to review a collection of stories because I enjoy some stories/authors more than others. They are all sweet romances set in the Regency time period in England. There were 7 stories in all, but I did have a few favorites—The Highwayman’s Bargain by MaryLu Tyndall, The Gentleman Smuggler’s Lady by Michelle Griep, and Three Little Matchmakers by Susanne Dietze. I think most readers of Christian romance would f
Kai
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Barbour Books brings us another great collection of Regency stories.

First Comes Marriage by Amanda Barratt
Young naïve Charity finds herself in a compromising situation and must marry Captain Luke Warren to save her reputation. As soon as the vows are read he returns to sea for 3 years without a word and he ignores her letters. When he finally returns, will they be able to have a real marriage or just a marriage of convenience?

Overall, I liked the main characters. However, Luke is supposed to ha
Tima
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seven authors come together to tell stories of romance and faith in England during the Regency period. Each young lady searches for a lasting love based on faith and friendship. Each author brings her distinct writing style to these faith based, romantic stories. Each story brings humor, suspense, drama, love of family, faith or intrigue that makes this an enjoyable and fun book.

I loved each of the stories, but one of them was my very favorite. A couple of them didn't have the distinct feel that
Rebekah
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, probably my favorite collection yet! Captivating stories, I love the time period and such variety of situations! Wonderful!
Cas H.
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is like many compilations that I have read. There are stories that you can read and that you love and then there are stories that you wish you could skip all together. I love novellas for days that I am unable to sit down and read a full book. They allow you to read for an hour and experience a happily ever after so that you can go about your day.
I gave this book 4 stars because there are at least two stories in the book which are 5 star reads. I would recommend that you check out this
Suzie Waltner
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you’re a fan of Regency stories, this novella collection is sure to have something you’ll enjoy. Seven stories with characters who are members of the aristocracy, citizens of a small English town, a relative demoted to a servant, and even a highwayman and smuggler. From quickly and forcibly arranged marriages to love at first sight, the authors of Barbour Publishing bring the life and times of Regency England through on the pages.
These Barbour collections are some of my favorites because the
Callie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Regency Brides Collection is another novella collection released from Barbor publishers, this time with a Regency theme.  I downloaded it as soon as I heard that there was a short story included by MaryLu Tyndall, as she is one of my favorite authors.  While hers and Ms. Griep's were my favorites, the other five short stories were an enjoyable way to spend an hour as well.  The story about the three little matchmakers was just adorable!

These novella collections are so fun; each with a common
English
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set of seven short Regency stories. Some were better than others. I think I enjoyed 'Three Little Matchmakers' and Michelle Griep's 'The Gentleman Smuggler's Lady' and the final story 'Jamie Ever After' best. Though I should have paid a little more attention to the former, and may re-read it.

All the stories were good and clean, although the actions of the protagonists in a couple of the stories was a bit much. I did not always like the heroine in the fourth story 'When I saw His Face': she came
Carol
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seven stories by seven authors of Regency England and I loved everyone of them. I don't usually enjoy novellas but there were well written and each story was very interesting. A couple of authors I have never read before, but will be looking into more of their books. An arranged marriage to save a reputation. A ladies companion afraid of losing her position. Friends who have become the caregivers of three orphans. Gentleman smugglers. An unmentioned engagement causes a misunderstanding. A kidnap ...more
Nicole
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Collections of novellas like this remind me of a box of chocolates: They are small, sweet, and you get to sample new flavors (authors)!
I jumped at the chance to review a ARC of this book through Netgalley, because it contained stories from two of my favorite authors (Marylu Tyndall and Michelle Griep). While the stories from those two authors were my favorite, because they involved the most action, I did find a couple authors that I had not read before that I enjoyed.
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
It is hard to write a review of these books that are a collection of short stories. I find that when I finish the last one I can't really remember the first one anymore. That is what I found with this collection. The stories and characters came and went quickly and I can't say any of them really stood out more than the others. They were all pleasant and clean and sweet but nothing that was going to challenge me a whole lot or make me think about them all that much after I finished.
A.M. Heath
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, favorites
Overall this was a really enjoyable collection. There were a few minor hiccups but with a collection this large, that’s bound to be the case. I feel comfortable recommending this one to fellow Regency lovers. Each of the stories were unique and unrelated. That makes it easier to pick it up and read one story at a time in between larger novels. I enjoyed being drawn into the Regency world with each individual author. There were a couple stories that felt more shallow to me but overall the set fal ...more
Mardell
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Regency Bride Collection by Amanda Barratt, Angela Bell, Susanne Dietze, Michelle Griep, Nancy Moser, MaryLu Tyndall and Erica Vetsch

As Described by the Publisher:

Romance is a delicate dance bound by rules and expectations in

Regency England

Charity and Luke are strangers who were forced to marry three years ago.
Adelaide and Walter share a love of music and disdain for elitism.
Caroline and Henry are thrown togeth
KriisGaia
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Regency Brides Collection is a compilation of seven Regency stories written by authors Amanda Barratt, Angela Bell, Susanne Dietze, Nancy Moser, Michelle Griep, MaryLu Tyndall, and Erica Vetsch. All set in Regency England, these stories are also heavily Christian oriented.

First, we meet Charity and Luke who are forced to marry by their respective parents. Luke leaves immediately after the ceremony and has no contact with Charity until he returns three years later. He finds things much change
Jessica Taylor
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is another winner put out by Barbour!! I really loved this collection because these stories are set in England, not in America. I think this was a nice change of pace and not your typical romance setting. The stories themselves are awesome, but I especially liked the story, First Comes Marriage by Amanda Barratt! This story reminded me of Poldark (Christian version of course) as the main character reminded me of Ross. He was your typical bad guy turned good. And he reformed quite nicely. I ...more
Anne
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Popular authors Amanda Barratt, Susanne Dietze, Michelle Griep, Nancy Moser, MaryLu Tyndall, Erica Vetsch, and Angela Bell have written seven Regency romance novellas that provide several hours of delightful entertainment. My favorite stories were from Susie Dietze and Michelle Griep. They have a way with mystery and I enjoy their distinct writing voices. I love a good Regency Era story and six of the seven did not disappoint. That is a win in my book!

I was provided an ecopy of this book through
Candy Briggs
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This set of stories was amazing to read. I cried a little, smiled a little and enjoyed the tales. It is funny how mean people can be to each other. Sometimes, it is hard to believe God is there. You just have to have faith. If it is meant to be , it will. The characters were amazing, kind, and deserving of love, to see their dreams come true. I loved when one of the characters was walking along a beach and her fella proposed. A very touching set of stories for all ages.
I received this from ARC f
Robin Willson
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another “collection”. I guess this teaches me a lesson after the second collection in a row – yes I do like them! And I will continue to request them. As you’d expect, these all are set in the 1800’s and involve high society, the ton, coming out, in England. That’s where the expected ends – all are quite original and interesting. There’s a lot to like – an enjoyable read right to the very end. Is there ever a sequel to a romance collection? It might be time!
Melissa
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I read all the short stories in this book. I liked most of them. I really enjoyed the first and last books. There was one in the middle I didn't like but over all all were written well and a nice short escape. These are all Christian with some a little heavier then others. All are sweet and clean.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The British Brides Collection
  • A Basket Brigade Christmas: Three Women, Three Love Stories, One Country Divided
  • The 12 Brides of Summer Collection: 12 Historical Brides Find Love in the Good Old Summertime
  • Miss Serena's Secret (Regency Brides: A Promise of Hope, #2)
  • Summer House Party
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • Four Weddings and a Kiss
  • The Blue Ribbon Brides Collection: 9 Historical Women Win More than a Blue Ribbon at the Fair
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • The Matchmaker Brides Collection: Nine Matchmakers Have the Tables of Romance Turned on Them
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • Summer Holiday
  • Jack of Clubs (House of Cards #2)
  • A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorne House, #0.5)
  • The Pony Express Romance Collection: Historic Express Mail Route Delivers Nine Inspiring Romances
  • The Courageous Brides Collection
  • The Westward Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Answer the Call of the American West
  • Seven Brides for Seven Texans
I hear voices. Loud. Incessant. And very real. Which basically gives me two options: choke back massive amounts of Prozac or write fiction. I chose the latter. Way cheaper. I've been writing since I discovered blank wall space and Crayolas. I seek to glorify God in all that I write...except for that graffiti phase I went through as a teenager. Oops. Did I say that out loud?

Barbour Bride Collections (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • The Immigrant Brides Collection
  • A Texas Brides Collection
  • The Farmer's Bride Collection: 6 Romances Spring from Hearts, Home, and Harvest
  • The Lighthouse Brides Collection: 6 Romances Develop at Historic Light Stations
  • The British Brides Collection
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • The Alaska Brides Collection: Five Romances Persevere in the Alaska Wilderness
  • The Beaches and Brides Romance Collection: 5 Historical Romances Buoyed by the Sea
  • The Brides of Chance Collection
  • The Homestead Brides Collection: 9 Pioneering Couples Risk All for Love and Land