Start by marking “Half-Shell Prophecies” as Want to Read:
Half-Shell Prophecies

Half-Shell Prophecies

Librarian's note: This is an Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN: B01N7U126K.

FRIGHTENED MONSTERS. STOLEN TIME. AND ONE SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATED DAMSEL.

Katie ran from the magical world years ago. She never planned on being dragged back in by a prophesying clamshell.

The seers believe she alone can prevent an apocalypse of ruined time and broken worlds. Bran the Crow King believ
Published February 14th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Half-Shell Prophecies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Half-Shell Prophecies

Teddi Deppner
Mar 09, 2017 Teddi Deppner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
The first thing that drew me to Ruthanne Reed's writing was actually a piece of art posted on Facebook. A stunning piece of fantasy art for the book "Notte" (which is due out later this year, I think). Then I read an excerpt that caught my imagination. I signed up for her newsletter. She sent out another excerpt that was so compelling that I stayed on her newsletter and marked her in my mind as an author whose style matches my tastes as a reader.

So let's talk about the Half-Shell Prophecies. I a
Leah Petersen
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Operation Ruthanne Writes A Fun and Fascinating Romp. The sassy, strong-willed voice of the protagonist is awesome. She's fun to accompany through the beautifully imagined worlds. The author's descriptions are evocative and immersive, the settings well-developed and unique. Scraps of myths and fairy tales from all over the world woven together into a fascinating journey.

The romance is subtle and slow-burning. This is a woman who doesn't have time for this sh*t,
writegeist
Mar 29, 2017 writegeist rated it really liked it
I have to admit I'm not part of the prime demographic for this novel. But while I'm not a fan of Sookie and Anita and the other urban fantasy heroines, I still can appreciate a well-written story. The story synopsis had a "Neil Gaimian" quality to it that intrigued me, so I took a chance. This one definitely fits the bill. The main character, Katie, is engaging and intelligent, gaining enough of my sympathy to want to see her succeed against overwhelming odds. Reid's world-building is top-notch, ...more
Wendy
Mar 27, 2017 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Ruthanne is a master storyteller and one of the top authors I look to learn more about world building. Being a reader and writer, I read this book from both those perspectives. It totally held my interest. Kathy Lin, the heroine, is captivating throughout the book. She is witty, smart and snarky.

Katie is a 'seriously underestimated damsel', as the tagline states. If you like dragons, wizards, and multiple races and worlds, this book is for you. Once I started reading it, I had a hard time puttin
S. Aeschliman
Apr 02, 2017 S. Aeschliman rated it it was amazing
Funny, tension-filled, fast-paced fantasy that draws heavily from a whole bunch of mythologies but gives them its own twist and has a strong female character who's independent and capable but still needs help sometimes (as all us badasses do). Once I was hooked (5th paragraph) I was along for the delightful & thrilling ride all the way to the end. And despite the fast pace, I can tell that Reid put a lot of herself into this book. Loved it.
Kirsti Call
Mar 31, 2017 Kirsti Call rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author
Just. Wow. This book is beautifully written, fast paced, and filled with engaging characters. I loved the world building, the creativity of the plot, and the interplay between good and evil.

Katie is an MC with grit and bravery. The way she thinks and talks makes her likable and someone who I would love to have as a friend.

I can't wait to read more about Katie and the rest of the characters in this book!
Stephanie Morrison
The 'Chosen One' with a contemporary twist.

Love fantasy but think you've seen it all? Think again. The 'Half-Shell Prophecies' takes your expectations and shakes them up - in a good way. The protagonist (Katie Lin) is a jaded woman who has always known about the magical world (the Mythos)...and she's turned her back on it. She knows enough to want no part of the trials and tribulations that are part of the Mythos. Of course, she gets forced into a world-altering conflict anyways, and handles her
Yoanna
This was a very interesting read. And I have to be honest, it's one of those times "interesting" is very ambiguous.

We follow Katie Lin, an outcast-by-choice from her own magical kind (the Kin) who is dragged into a big time power struggle between some of the oldest and most powerful beings in all the worlds. All because a half-clamshell of a prophetess claimed she's the keystone to it all. Technically, she was right in the end, but not for reasons you might think in the beginning. Or the middle
Maxine
Feb 15, 2017 Maxine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author lets her characters speak for themselves and it makes all the difference; the writing comes alive and feels natural. When an author has an agenda it shows it stilted and unnatural characters and unlikely speech-none of that here! I wont detail plot- but i will list the things i like especially :)

*no sex scenes- i love this because i prefer YA books and am not into adult themes. Its usually painful to read gratuitous sex so i love how Ruthanne doesnt rely on cheap sex to sell her book-
Jan Perry
Feb 14, 2017 Jan Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Katie Lin! She is a resourceful not-exactly human. The adventures and the world were well crafted. Reading Reid's work is a joy. Well done!
Kris
Feb 03, 2017 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun!

Each trip into the Mythos leads to unexpected people, places, and events. Katie, our heroine, tells her story as events evolve around her, creating a comfortable way to learn about this unfamiliar world. Some characters we already know make an appearance (they are re-introduced for new readers), and they are joined by many new ones with complicated backgrounds and deep secrets. Also, I love how Katie saves herself ... she is a stubborn, resourceful character who stands up for herself
Bruce Mohler
Feb 10, 2017 Bruce Mohler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot to like about this book.

The story starts with Katie Lin who, while appearing human, is a bit more. Unlike the "Ever-Dying" ("humans" or as J.K. Rowling called them, "muggles"), Katie is magical. In her world, the "Ever-Dying" read about magic but don't think it's real, like many people believe about angels and demons in our world.

The book immediately kicks off with Katie on the run with someone from one of the other magical races without a clue as to why she's running or why she's
Anindita,  at A Bohemian Mind at Work
Scary monstrous Lords of parallel universes conduct a cat and mouse chase after the lost Lin. That's the story of Half-Shell-Prophecies.

Half a clamshell that holds the spirit of Cassandra, the real seer, squeaks out cryptic warnings at Bran and Katie at irregular intervals. Yeah, she is a funny thing.

Bran, the Crow King, is handsome (as Katie repeatedly informs us) and aristocratic (I assumed this one), and the potential love interest (forced) of the protagonist.

There are other important but les
Feb 17, 2017 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
ARC for honest review.

This is my first foray into the world of Katie Lin and the Mythos. I'll give a small overview of the world for those that are newbies. Parallel universes, pocket universes, time warping/controlling/stealing, gods, hot 'demons', hot fey, hot vampires, talking shells, seers, prophecies, dragons (both cute and intimidating)...I could go on. It's a LOT to keep track of, but, luckily, readers are in good hands here. Reid manages to keep things straight in her head and ours with
Leigh
Leigh rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2017
Ashley Hampton
Ashley Hampton rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2017
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2017
emily thompson
emily thompson rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2017
Sara James
Sara James rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2017
MC Dalton Author
MC Dalton Author rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2017
lisa j schofield
lisa j schofield rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2017
Ashley Hampton
Ashley Hampton rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2017
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2017
Jemimah Halbert
Jemimah Halbert marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2017
Aidan Darnell
Aidan Darnell marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2017
Jake Jeffries
Jake Jeffries marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2017
Tanya Dennis
Tanya Dennis marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2017
Ruthanne Reid
Jan 31, 2017 Ruthanne Reid added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jen
Jen is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2017
Gordon W
Gordon W is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2017
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Kathy (Kindle-aholic) marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2017
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2017
S.J. Henderson
S.J. Henderson marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2017
Tonya Schulte
Tonya Schulte marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2017
S. Usher Evans
S. Usher Evans marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2017
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2017
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2017
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2017
Ruth
Ruth is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2017
Donald Fidler Jr
Donald Fidler Jr is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2017
Sam
Sam is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2017
Donn Gregory
Donn Gregory is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2017
Tobias
Tobias is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2017
Iyabo Onipede
Iyabo Onipede is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2017
JEO Ocean
JEO Ocean is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2017
Tria
Tria is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2017
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: EEK! I uploaded the wrong cover image - help, please! 17 38 Mar 11, 2017 03:25PM
Ruthanne Reid currently lives in Phoenix, Arizona, though she's also lived in Seattle, New Hampshire, Southern California, and Pennsylvania. Some say she really lives in her head. They'd be right.
More about Ruthanne Reid...