Start by marking “Shadowborn (Seraphim, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadowborn (Seraphim, #3)

Shadowborn

(Seraphim #3)

The epic conclusion to USA Today bestseller David Dalglish's Seraphim Series.

What started as a small rebellion has grown to all-out war, with the four minor islands uniting under the call for independence. But Kael Skyborn no longer trusts the mysterious leader of their rebellion, nor his disciples. Neither side seems willing to reveal the truth of the elemental prisms the
Published November 7th 2017 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Shadowborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowborn

nat.
Kevin
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific book bring the trilogy to an explosive conclusion.

Wow, just used the cliche, explosive ending, in this review. I struggle with any other way to put it. There is triumph and dispare. There is joy and sorrow. The battles in the sky continue to grow in scope and excitement, and the twins learn what it is that causes them to be special and they test the true limits of their power.

It has been a while since I have been this moved by a work of fiction. I am so very happy I took a chance on a
Patricia Crowther
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stacy GeekRemixALot
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
An epic conclusion to the trilogy! The battle scenes in this are truly fantastic and really cool to read about. There were a few small things where I didn't feel fully satisfied about the resolution, but I would still recommend the trilogy if you're looking for a readable fantasy series, especially one with really cool aerial combat sequences! This felt like a very fully developed world to me, and I'm sad that I won't get to read about more of the character's adventures.
Dianna
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought the last book was already taking a weird turn, but it gets even weirder in this book as we wrap up the trilogy.

**Warning: spoilers ahead**

Sooooo it turns out Bree and Kael's dad (Liam) is still alive, even though they were led to believe he was dead this entire time. Part of the story is told from his perspective, and we learn that he's been groomed (read: brainwashed) for the last several years by Marius to be the blade of the angels, i.e. to do Marius' dirty work.

And as if being a re
Mícheál
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
The ending was both expected and unexpected in its own ways. Lots of twists and turns, very action packed, and I truly feel that each of the main characters got closer. Dalglish ended all the plot threads that needed tidying. Loved how the mythology grew with each subsequent book. Added many layers that I wasn’t expecting. An intense end to a series that grew more intense with each novel. I’ll miss this universe, but I think this was a good final book to close the tale of the seraphim world. Als ...more
Kes
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-2018
The ending was predictable, in a sense - (view spoiler) ...more
Jeremiah
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
David Dalgish Seraphim series was delightful find for me last year. B&B was having a sale on their Bargain books last summer and I picked up the first of the series, and I was hooked.

Shadowborn is the conclusion to that series, and the hook stayed in until the end. The way Dalgish describes the battles feels like they are fit for the movie screen. You can picture the Seraphim's flying trough the air like eagles battle with their elements feels like it would fit in place in a Marvel Movie of
Karl
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
A mini review of the series: I did like this series though I am also glad that it is over. I liked the setting and the characters were well written. pace was sometimes a problem and the fight scenes were unbelievable; there was almost no strategy in how the main characters battled. they should have died 20 times.

The main reason that the book gets 3 stars is that the characters are dumb. They made no connection between obvious events. Couldn't see how they connected to the larger picture in most
Sandy Frediani
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I admit, I cried at the end. A lot. And that's as much a spoiler as I'm going to leave. I liked this book, this series, a lot more than anticipated. I haven't really read the fantasy genre in a long time, so this series was a foray back into the genre. I do believe I'll be reading more.

So this is the final battle against the shadowborn, filled with brave and desperate people. What a battle it is. I read somewhere - and I'm going to paraphrase - that true courage is being afraid and doing w
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
evil's ancient dance

the Seraphim from all of the islands have been destroying each other for years. no one ever knew that the battles were caused by a fallen angel who could wear many faces. Kael has come to the realization that everyone must know, even at the cost of his life. this final war will be so much more dear to Bree and Kael than they could have ever thought possible

as always, David has promised, and delivered, a fantastic trilogy. the characters grow in spellbinding and horrifying way
Joe Slavinsky
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dalglish started off this trilogy fairly low-key. He ramped it up, significantly, toward the end of book two, and, according to some reviewers, "jumped the shark" in this book. I disagree, somewhat. Yes, the story ramped up even more significantly in this book, but I still felt it wasn't completely overdone. There was so much going on, that you really had to pay close attention, so as not to miss something. I don't want to say more, because spoilers, so read it for yourself, and form your own op ...more
Trevor Sherman
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Well I am glad the author was kind of able to save the plot after book 2. but if you have read the first 2 books you could probably guess everything that happens here except for the Speaker. And WTF is up with the Speaker he is like a badly written crazy person all of the sudden .Other than him and one other I still think the characters are the only thing that made me want to finish the series. I won't tell anyone to go out and buy this series but if you see it at a used book store for a few buc ...more
Sébastien
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the ending! It was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. The finale tied in the meeting of Liam and his children, the reveal of L'adim and the growing unrest between the minor islands and Centre into a very complete resolution. Dalglish still had more surprises install for us even after we thought all secrets had been revealed. Anyone who enjoyed the other books will not be disappointed with this finale.
Alain
My first complete David Dalglish series and certainly won't be my last.
That in mind, I wasn't a fan much of how this ended but it probably was the best possible resolution one could expect after so much suffering, revelations, loss, carnage and cataclysmic destruction at near apocalyptic levels.

Well it wasn't all bad, not as bad as Brian Staveley's Unhewn Throne trilogy (& prequel); man, that series almost blew me away for bad.

Thanks, DD.
Will recommend.
Kat
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final book, the ultimate battle. While the first books created the world and populated it, this book focuses on saving the world and humanity's battles. With 2 villains who both claim their ultimate goal is peace, it's hard to figure out who to hate but easy to fear. I can't say I liked the ending, both from an emotional and logical perspective but more would be spoilers. It's certainly a wild ride and a satisfactory ending to the series.
Lynette
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
One of the best endings to a series I’ve ever read. There were moments of swears and tears. I’m still completely flabbergasted and trying to wrap my head around it all. I blasted through the first two books, but really wanted to savor this one. Needless to say, if you’re in the mood for an epic action fantasy, pick this up. I will definitely be picking up Dalglish’s other books ASAP!
Gregg Buford
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I thought Skyborn was ok as well and did like Fireborn a little more. Shadowborn though because of the way went just started to annoy me. I started skimming really even some of the fight scenes which were good. Sometimes things just go the way you want and given the options this story could have the author took other paths.
Ryan Mueller
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very strong conclusion to a series I've enjoyed reading. The action was almost nonstop, and I've enjoyed following the adventures of Bree and Kael through all three books. In this book, more and more mysteries were unveiled, and the stakes just kept growing higher. By the end, I was glued to the pages.

Rating: 9/10
Sarah Robins
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Picked this series up on a whim at a used bookstore (the price and the cover art were my main motivations, to be honest). While the series has its flaws and tropes it had two things I really liked:
1. The main plot did not take a backseat to romance; I find that a lot of fantasy is very romance centric and it’s usually not well executed at that.
2. Gray morality. Black and white stories of pure “good” vs pure “evil” gets old. At the end of three books I’m still not 100% sure who the “good guys” a
Hannah Kendal
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Michael Sisco
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the series, and I love the depth this one added to it. However I enjoyed the other 2 more, the plot here felt... rushed I guess. As if it turned into a sprint to the finish line. Still a good read with plenty of action and imagery to keep me daydreaming afterwards!
Sandra
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5

Good conclusion to the trilogy
Kate
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh Bree you deserved so much better
Kori
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a really time staying focused on this one. Probably due to my lack of sleep reading the others lol. Great book, and the ending left off to were there could be more. so i was pretty happy
Gregory
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending, I was surprised constantly by this book, had lots of things I wasn't expecting. Left you wishing for just a little bit more in the conclusion, but overall very satisfying.
Christine
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A satisfying end to a good trilogy.
Michael Bedding
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was adictive, it kept on raising the steaks until the quite emotional conclusion, a really fantastic read
Tanner Wiltshire
Apr 07, 2018
Jenni
Nov 09, 2017

• Shadow and Flame (Ascendant Kingdoms, #4)
  • Pacific Fire (Daniel Blackland, #2)
  • Deceptions (Ascendant, #3)
  • Necessity's Child  (Liaden Universe #16)
  • Escape from Bythos (Chronicles of the Black Gate #0.5)
  • Of Sand and Storm (Fairy Queens #2.5)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Myths of Mish (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #2)
  • The Lion at Bay (Kingdom #2)
  • The Seventh Sigil (Dragon Brigade, #3)
  • Kiss The Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POWs In Vietnam
  • Invader (Invader, #1-5)
  • Untitled (Guardians of Tarnec, #4)
  • The Supernaturalist: The Graphic Novel
  • Embellish: Brave Little Tailor Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #7)
  • Drowned by Water (The Cloud Warrior Saga, #2.5)
  • The Double Edged Sword
  • The Dagger's Path (The Forsaken Lands, #2)

Seraphim (3 books)
  • Skyborn (Seraphim, #1)
  • Fireborn (Seraphim, #2)