Start by marking “The One That Got Away (Friendship, Texas #4)” as Want to Read:
The One That Got Away (Friendship, Texas #4)

The One That Got Away

(Friendship, Texas #4)

A brand new standalone from Friendship, Texas featuring everyone's favorite awkward baker and the one that got away.

I looked up and standing there was my ex-boyfriend, Jordan Webber. Maybe ex-boyfriend wasn't the right word. Maybe the boy who I dated for almost two years. Then he graduated early, leaving for art school in New York. He wanted me to come with him, but what f
200 pages
Published April 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The One That Got Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One That Got Away

Start your review of The One That Got Away (Friendship, Texas #4)
Tpagirl Loves Romance
The One That Got Away by Magan Vernon is the fourth book in the Friendship, TX series. It's my second book by Vernon, but the first in the series.

Jordan Webber was the gorgeous tatted, artist that moved to New York immediately after High School and broke Abbey's heart.

Abbey Dillinger was the sullen photographer that held a grudge and basically hated her life in Friendship, but was too fearful and in a rut to try something different.

I really disliked Abbey in the beginning. Poor first impression.
Boundless Book Reviews
The One That Got Away is a sweet and steamy second chance romance.

Four years ago, Abbey and Jordan were highschool sweethearts. Till Jordan left Abbey behind for New York City. Abbey has really only, loved Jordan. No one could compare to him and no one ever would.

But sometimes second chances happen. I loved both characters and I understood Abbey’s reluctance to follow Jordan. Because who really knows what’s going to happen. But it’s the fear that has kept here there.

There’s one thing I can al
Magan Vernon
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sign up for the release blitz here!

Aaly
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
review-blog

** I was given an ARC in exchange of an honest review. **

The One That Got Away was a sweet second chance romance, between Abbey Dillinger and Jordan Webber, high school sweethearts thinking that they would be together, until they weren’t.

Different expectations and aspirations tore them apart and here we go, a few years later … when Jordan came back into her life. All the bitterness and the “what ifs” emerged. A life where both tried to move on but one look at each other and every
Lissa Rice
**Four Boundless Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews
Renee Entress
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star

The story has laughs, pain, second chance, and heartbreak. I was pulled right into this story.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Edge of Glory (Friendship, Texas, #1)
Rumor Has It (Friendship, Texas #2)
Part of Me (Friendship, Texas #3)

This is Abbey and Jordan’s story. Abbey and Jordan dated for 2 years then he went off to school in New York. He wanted her to go but she couldn’t go. Now years later they met again. She has not had it easy but during
Tracy
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The One that Got Away is a sweet, uplifting, second chance romance. When Jordan left their small Texas town, Abbey stayed.

The two find each other again- at an estate sale. Jordan is back in town from NYC and has his sights set on Abbey. The two of them are artistic and sensitive. Jordan is a bit more hardened than Abbey, but still sexy and intriguing. He's different from your average hero. Abbey is trusting and kind. She puts up with a lot.

Overall, this book is a fun read. It deals with more th
The Book Lover
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster of emotions!!! This book definitely has its up and downs... can you get back the one that got away? Can you overcome everything that went down and let go of your fears? Are you friends really your friends? These are just a few questions that will run through your mind while reading this book.. but the Wild ride will be worth it!
Heather andrews
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked that Abbey planned for things, "everytime I saw Jordan, I looked like a complete hot mess with a high bun and either work clothes or a dirty tank top. Tonight, I was going to show him just how well I cleaned up and what he’d been missing all these years." Jordan knows how to woo a girl, "he shrugged. “You wanted romance. What’s more romantic than post-coital breakfast with my parents?” I really liked this book, it was entertaining.
Casey
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

The One That Got Away is the fourth book in the Friendship, Texas series by Magan Vernon. Each book is a standalone story and you don't need to worry about reading them in order to understand anything. This was a sweet second chance romance and there was a lot to enjoy here.

Jordan and Abbey were high school sweethearts until he left her behind to got to New York to follow his dreams. Left with a broken heart, Abbey struggled to find her way
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet fun read

Oh this was a quick sweet fun read! I loved every bit of this book. This read was on kindle unlimited too. Highly recommend this authors work.
Kimberly Garner
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book definitely has its up and downs, and Magan Vernon makes us take it. The question of this book is can you get back the one that got away? This is actually just a the main question that will run through your mind while reading this book. The characters are well developed and I love that it is set in an area where I live, it was a short but wild ride will be worth it!
Le Ann Foster
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms and Promotions**

I gave this book 4 stars!

I am new to the Friendship Texas series. From the start, not knowing any of the backstories or anything that it was easy to catch up. I felt that the words flowed and the author made it where if you haven't never ready any of them that you could just pick it and read.

The two main characters were easy to see that they had a special connection even if Jordan had left Abbey years prior. Some of the secondary characters were no
Andrea
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, arcs
This was a cute second chance romance story. Jordan and Abbey were high school sweethearts, but when Jordan left for New York to follow his dreams, he left Abbey behind. Now it’s been four years and he’s determined to win her back. Abbey has been drifting through life and with Jordan back she’s finding her passion for photography again and seeing her friend’s true color, but will it be enough? Can you really have another shot at love with the one that got away? This book was a quick easy read. I ...more
Lisa
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

When Jordan left Friendship to follow his dream in New York, he left Abbey behind. Now he is back in town and determined to win her back.

Abbey's life hasn't set the world on fire. She has been trundling along doing the same thing and not following her dreams. With Jordan back in her life she rediscovers her passion and that those around her don't have her best interests at heart. Some of those in Friendship have forgotten the meaning of friendship.

There was a complex mix of relations
Kim
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jordan left Friendship Texas to follow his dream in New York and left Abbey behind. Now he is back and wants her to come back to New York with him. There was a lot of drinking, sleeping around and nasty friendships in this story. It was just OK to me.
Tina Morgan
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I'm really really starting to fall in love with Magan and the way she can tell a story. I read the first friendship Texas book but somehow missed the other one's!!! Which I'm going to have to fix that problem asap. But the way she can pull you in and make you feel like you are part of it and you've known these people forever is awesome. The characters are so well developed you get a sense that you really know them. My only wish is that there where more parts of the dual pov's but th
Stacy Aube
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

A quick fast paced story. The intense attraction between the characters is moving. A rollercoaster of emotions.
A new author for me to follow.
KFForever
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Kindle Friends Forever by Klaire Sutherland
3.5 Stars

This is book four of the Friendship, Texas series but I can say that it isn’t all that necessary to read the previous books. There are some relationships in here that were clearly covered in the other books, but Magan Vernon makes it easy, fills in the gaps and as such you don’t really miss their stories. Although, they do sound intriguing and you’ll probably end up wanting to go back and read them if you are new to this series o
Sassy Southern
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melissa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
**ARC provided by publisher**

This was my first venture into Friendship, Texas and I have to say I enjoyed the trip. This standalone second chance romance was a quick, sometimes predictable, read.

I'm a sucker for a second chance romance. I love the idea of two people coming back together and making the commitment to try again that gets me. This book adds another fun element to me-high school sweethearts coming back together. I did have to remind myself that the characters were young as some of t
Jessica Raley
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love

Love this book. Love this series. Love that Abbey is human and show the vulnerable side before picking herself up and doing what she feels is right for her. She shows so much growth and doesn't let Jordan's amazing abs distract her much.
Books Laid Bare
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the blurb I thought I had a fairly good idea of where the book was going and in the point I was right but the author was able to draw me in and that increased my enjoyment. This was a second chance love story and we have all read plenty of those but the author did her best to give this one the opportunity to stand out and I have to say that in many ways she succeeded.
I thought the flow was fairly relaxed, it was as if that gentle Texas drawl had imbedded itself in the fibre of the book and
2OCC Reviews
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
The one that got away is a sweet, standalone, second chance romance novel.
I loved abbey, I thought she was cute, witty, funny and kind.
I really liked Jordan, he's my kinda guy!!
This was a quick, loving, quote humorous read and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I thought the writing was great, the character developments worked extremely well and the storyline was lovely and fresh.
Magan Vernon is a new author to me and I'll definitely be reading more from her!
5 stars from me! #2OCCAB
Jennifer Oloughlin
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abbey gave Jordan a hard time whenever she could, and I found that funny a lot of times. There were a few times I felt bad for Jordan. He wanted everything to work out with Abbey. It was a nice second chance story.

I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com***

*ARC*

Second chance romances are some of my favorite kinds of books to read. I think it is because I truly believe in soul mates and sometimes people need to part to realize what is important in their lives. Done right, the angst and drama can add to that need of wanting the characters back together, done incorrectly and you are like ummm why would I want these two back together. Luckily for me, and for you, The One Tha
Sara
4 Stars

Have you been to Frienship, TX yet? If you haven’t, head there now. Magan Vernon has written a fun series of friends to lovers and second chance romances. The One That Got Away is a second chance romance between a former couple, Jordan and Abbey.

Jordan and Abbey were high school sweethearts who thought they would be together forever. Jordan left Abbey behind and heartbroken to head to art school in New York. Abbey never forgave him.

Abbey is a great character. She was heartbroken and not
Kristen Johnson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things about the Friendship, TX books is the relatability to all of the characters. There's always some small thing that makes me feel as if I could be friends with that character. One thing to suck me in and make me need to watch things play out for that character. I've been curious to get Abbey's story since I read Sofie's. Knowing this was a second chance romance story just made me that much more excited to read it!

It's been four years since Abbey and Jordan parted ways -
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I'm pretty sure I picked the perfect book to introduce myself to this author because man did she have a beautiful, sweet, and fun story to tell. This is my first time in Friendship, Texas and I'm already looking forward to coming back when I catch myself up with the others in this series.

The One That Got Away is the fourth standalone book in this series and definitely a must read. Sexy. Fun. Light. Friendship, Texas is the kind of place you never want to leave... well until you find your
Tina Todd shobe
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abbey and Jordan were high school sweethearts. Jordan leaves Abby behind when he moves to New York.

Jordan is now back in town helping his family prepare his Grandma's house to be sold. He would like nothing better to reconnect with the girl his left behind.

Abbey is super cautious to open herself back up as she was devastated when he left without her and she knows his time in town is limited.

I felt so upset for Abbey with her so-called friends. I'm sure the reality of her friendships and her advi

• My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Love Machine
  • Lord Have Mercy (The Southern Gentleman #2)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #1)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #2)
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #3)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Tequila, Tequila
  • Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)
  • UnLucky in Love (Hotline Hookup, #1)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: h

Friendship, Texas (7 books)
  • Edge of Glory (Friendship, Texas, #1)
  • Rumor Has It (Friendship, Texas #2)
  • Part of Me (Friendship, Texas #3)
  • Love Like Crazy (Friendship, Texas #5)
  • Something To Talk About (Friendship, Texas #6)
  • Hall of Fame (Friendship, Texas #7)