Start by marking “Lady Moon: A Tale of Love & Magic & Other Improbable, Unpredictable Things” as Want to Read:
Lady Moon: A Tale of Love & Magic & Other Improbable, Unpredictable Things

Lady Moon: A Tale of Love & Magic & Other Improbable, Unpredictable Things

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When Celine meets Tomas, she has been languishing for thirty days in a cavern on the moon. A charming and eccentric Immortal, Tomas is busy procrastinating his destiny—meeting and defeating Celine's evil uncle, who banished her there in the first place.

A pair of magic rings send them back to earth, where Celine is promptly captured by her uncle. And Tomas, who has fallen i
Published November 26th 2015 by Little Dozen Press (first published April 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Moon

Deborah O'Carroll
I WANT TO LIVE IN TOMAS'S CLOCK TOWER. CAN I PLEEEEEEASE LIVE IN TOMAS'S CLOCKTOWER? PLEEEEEASE. <3333

Re-read February 13-15, 2018

YES. I did in fact re-read this, aloud, the week after I originally read it. I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. But it's so whimsical and fun, and I love ALL the characters and just SLKDJFLKSJDL LET ME HUG IT OKAY. I love Tomas, and Celine, and the REVOLUTION (XD You have to read it to get the joke. :D) and the talking wombat Winnie, and Tomas, and just all of it, SO MUCH. &l
m a r y l i z
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Whimsical. That's the first word that flings itself into my head when I think of Lady Moon. With wit, charm, and a heaping dose of magical madness, Ms. Thomson has churned up a splendid tale that truly captures the heart of the reader. When I read the summary for the book, I instantly felt an unquenchable desire to read it. But it wasn't just a desire; it was a necessity. And boy, was I impressed when I delved into it.

The author clearly knows what she's doing. The writing is very descriptive, wi
Bethany Fehr
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is absolutely ridiculous. And it's SO much fun! I'ts not deep, nor does it deign to be. But it is hilarious. Few books make me laugh out loud, but I lost track of how many times that happened. Granted, I read the vast majority of it in bed while while everybody else was sleeping, so I couldn't let my self laugh too loud. This book makes me laugh the way Dickens makes me laugh. The writing is the perfect mix of understatement, overstatement, and random-yet-strangely-relevant thoughts. T ...more
Leah Good
This is one of the most unique stories I've ever read. I've categorized it as fantasy, but it might be a fairy tale. Or it might be it's own genre all together!

Rachel Starr Thomson is a master (or should I say mistress) of painting with words. Her talented word weaving is what kept me reading at the beginning of this story when I couldn't tell what was going on. The tale is one of love and courage and a great many other things.

There are two main characters, Celine and Tomas. Celine is niece to a
Catherine
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very nice book. I never laughed out loud, but did throughly enjoy the humor. This author is one of my favorites once I discovered her. I loved the book, but it ended too soon! Who became the next ruler? I suppose Tomas and Celine did, but I kinda thought Aldon might, in a sort of Lord of The Rings deal, since his 3rd great grandpa was king. And then was Tomas made mortal? Since his sword was destroyed I suppose so...but he didn't kill Celine's uncle, so why would've he been made mortal? ...more
Rebekah
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great fairy story full of adventure. I found this a really easy read.
Mechelle
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read!
Deborah Hawley
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable! Very good messages! I put it in that feel good range after reading.
Jannette Fuller
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Moon is a whimsical read. The words float on every page--just like being on the moon where Celine (Lady Moon) was sent by her evil uncle. Celine should have never thrown that scrub brush at him. ;)

However, Celine’s life on the moon isn’t so bad. It’s the very place where she meets the charming Tomas--an Immortal with a destiny. A destiny to conquer her uncle. What are the odds of such vindication?

Change can be good, and Celine’s time on the moon is proof of that. She encounters quirky peop
Dana
Katherine
Jun 22, 2017
Alison
Jan 02, 2018
Rachel Starr Thomson is in love with Jesus and convinced the gospel will change the world.

Rachel is a woman of many talents and even more interests: she’s a writer, editor, indie publisher, singer, speaker, Bible study teacher, and world traveler. The author of the Seventh World Trilogy, The Oneness Cycle, and many other books, she also tours North America and other parts of the world as a speaker
More about Rachel Starr Thomson