Start by marking “Digital Velocity (McAllister Justice Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Digital Velocity (McAllister Justice Series #1)

Read Book

Digital Velocity

(McAllister Justice #1)

“Digital Velocity… A steamy, seductive police procedural about a cyber predator whose deviant mayhem originates in the dark web.” -BestThrillers.com

Digital Velocity

Elite hacker vs. psychopathic killer.

One survivor.

Amateur sleuth Lexi Donovan is a white-hat hacker from a small town near Portland, Oregon. Armed with snark and grit, she levels the playing field against crimin
Published July 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Digital Velocity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Velocity

Start your review of Digital Velocity (McAllister Justice Series #1)
Christine
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Well, it was time to go outside the box again, and for this go around I selected a romantic suspense novel, Digital Velocity, which is book #1 in the new McAllister Justice series. It is also a police procedural, my favorite genre of all, so, OK, I cheated a bit. In any event, I had a good time with Digital Velocity.

Just prior to digging into this one, I read the prequel novella to the series, Tender Echoes. The prequel introduces us to hacker extraordinaire Lexi, who plays a big role in book #1
Siobhan
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Digital Velocity was a truly wonderful read, a prime example of why Reily Garrett quickly became one of my favourite authors. Before I give an in-depth review, however, I which to make a couple of quick points.

First up: I was fortunate enough to be given the chance to beta read this story. It was my first time beta reading, and I found it to be a wonderful introduction to the world of beta reading. My rating and review, however, are not influenced by this fact.

Second: it’s a very strong four-st
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

First let me say that there is a free novella called Tender Echoes that sets up Digital Velocity, it’s not a romance, it solely gives you background on the characters in DV. You can read Digital Velocity without reading Tender Echoes, however Tender Echoes is a quick read and FREE.

Digital Velocity started out slow for me, I kept reading because I was intrigued by Ethan, Lexi and the secondary characters, about halfway through the pace picked up and I could not put the book down.

Lexi has lived an
Kayla Krantz
I always love a good psychological read so this was right up my alley. When Detective Ethan receives a strange text message he is led into a game of cat and mouse to figure out the identity of a killer.

I loved Lexi’s character. She was strong and helpful in Ethan’s mission, making the book much more interesting. I’ve read a lot of detective novels, and I adore the whole angle of the dark web and a hacker helping the investigation along.
Characterization is also well done in this book. The McAlli
Aly
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from this author. I enjoyed this book very much. Lexi Donovan and Ethan McAllister are a great characters. The dark net is not new but is a great setting for scenes in this book. I thought this book was very up to date for the times and I enjoyed trying to guess what would happened next in this book (which I try to do in many books I read). A little sweet romance was a good addition in this book for me as well. This book has quite a bit to be proud of for me. I enjoyed this ...more
Victoria
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DIGITAL VELOCITY IS BOOK 2 IN THE MCALLISTER JUSTICE SERIES. I REALLY LOVE THIS SERIES. IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A GREAT READ. IT IS FAST PACED, LOTS OF ACTION, MURDER, SUSPENSE, ROMANCE AND WONDERFUL CHARACTERS. I LOVE ETHAN AND LEXI. BOTH ARE COMPLEX CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY LEXI WHO HAS LIVED A HARD LIFE. I FELT THAT LEXI IS REALLY AMAZING AND STRONG. DESPITE EVERYTHING SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH, SHE REMAINS STRONG AND CONTINUES TO USE HER SKILLS TO HELP OTHERS. ETHAN IS A VERY DETERMINED COP WH ...more
Mary  Meredith
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I dove into digital velocity from the beginning excited about the murder, mystery, and who done it style. It certainly didn't disappoint and I was guessing right up until the murderer made it known. I had suspicions along the way, but didn't count on the killer being who they were.
This story covers the meeting of Lexi and Ethan. We also got to me the whole McAllister clan and although a small part, I hope we get more about their Mom and sister. This big family was always making sure their younge
Julie

description

This is the first book I've read by Reily Garrett and while I jump into this one totally blind, I really didn't know what to expect on these pages. I found the blurb to be pretty interesting, so when the author asked me to give it a read, I jumped on it.

The beginning of the book was a little slow for me and I think that it's because you're meeting multiple characters and you're caught in a game of catch up at first while you're delving into the plot. It's all completely necessary information bu
Books Laid Bare
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Kicking of a new series from Reily Garrett, Digital Velocity has everything that you could possibly be looking for.
Ethan McAllister is a cop and a darn good one but when he is shot at the site of an anonymous tip off, it opens up a whole new direction for his personal and professional life.
Lexi was the one that supplied the tip off that led to Ethan and his partner Larrick discovering not only the body of a woman but also being caught in the hail of bullets that ensued. Feeling more tha
Strider28
I loved this book! Author Reily Garrett sucks you into this book from page one until the very end! Digital Velocity is a series that will each be a standalone book but with many of the same characters. There is a family with four very protective alpha males and their awesome sister.
In this book Homicide detective Ethan McAllister keeps getting tips for murders from an anonymous source. Unfortunately the tips are sometimes too late.
After one gruesome murder that is personal for the tipster she
Bicky
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Despite my best efforts, I found it very difficult to finish this book. It is book one in a romantic suspense series where the emphasis on romance is very heavy. She is always quivering and he is always in the opposite state. A book which, being so full of overblown clichés, tires you out.

The romance in the book can be summed up by these quotes:

A quirky smile and devilment in her gaze spoke of unique pranks and an endless sense of humor.”

“Either way, the intensity of her nonverbal cues pricked h
Rosie Amber
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: police-crime
Digital Velocity is book #1 in the McAllister Justice series of American police crime. The book is set in Callouston city and opens with police officers Ethan McAllister and his partner Larrick acting on an anonymous tip-off.

They find the body of a brutally tortured, abused woman, and get caught in crossfire from two intruders. Ethan takes a bullet in his leg, but they do take down one of the men. Feeling guilty that Ethan got shot, anonymous caller Lexi visits him in hospital to apologise. In a
Tammy Tate
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Digital Velocity is a suspenseful tale about two detectives responding to an anonymous tip to do a welfare check on a local resident. Upon arriving, the detectives, who have been partners for three years, take humorous jabs at each other as they search the grounds and try to get a glimpse inside the house to substantiate concern for the woman's well being.

After seeing blood spatter and her motionless body on the kitchen floor through a window it gives them probably cause to enter. They soon lear
Petula
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Ethan McAllister and his partner are on their way to a possible crime in progress. An anonymous online source has given him the information. What they find when they get there proves they are dealing with a particularly vicious and sick minded individual. Is his anonymous tipster involved or not??.
Lexie Donovan is a hacker who stumbled across a killer's website. She has done her best to hide her identity, but he has her in his sights.
This is a seriously scary and clever killer our he
Vickie
3.5 Stars

The deadliest weapons are the ones we never see.

Digital Velocity is book one in Reily Garrett’s McAllister Justice Series although it was slow paced to start with once the pace picked up I couldn’t put it down.

Ethan McAllister is a police detective who is on the hunt for a serial killer. When he and his partner Larrick Robertson receive an anonymous tip off about a possible robbery they get more than they bargained for. Leaving Ethan shot.

Lexi Donovan has risen from a teenage orphan
Sabrina Marlbrough
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to first thank you, author, for reaching out to me and asking me for the privilege to review Digital Velocity. The first of the McAllister Justice series and I am curious to see where the series goes next. An engaging read and kept my attention throughout. Super climatic (no pun intended). Both the action and romantic elements are super intriguing and captivating.
Mandi Schreiner
I have to dnf this. The beginning is just a bit too - chaotic or jumbled. I can't get into it.
Julianne Redmon
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite book by Reily Garrett so far...maybe. I mean come on, you have to admit those Crofton brothers are pretty hard to compare to! But Ethan McAllister certainly gives them a run for their money...I can't say enough how much I love this book!

The story itself is AMAZING! I'm one of those people that always have to figure out a mystery (as in I'm the one in the crowded movie theater on opening night of a horror movie yelling out who the killer is and where they are hiding). I ha
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Digital Velocity is the first full-length novel in the McAllister Justice series. There is a free prequel called Tender Echoes that you can either read before or after. It will introduce you to the main characters within a novella. I do not want to spoil anything especially since its suspense involving the criminal mind.

Lexi is a tech genius. A programmer by day and a hacker by night. She only uses her skills for good and has been sending the hot detective by the name of Ethan McAllister tips f
John Podlaski
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy of Digital Velocity by the author in exchange for an honest review. I should also mention here that this is a genre I don't normally read.

The first chapters grabbed my attention and I expected to fly through this story. I was soon discouraged as Ethan was recovering from being shot by the killer and is introduced to 19 -year-old Lexi, a computer whiz. It was then that the story bogged down and too much time was spent describing the flirtation between the two and getting resul
Mary Mooney
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a good romantic suspense, so when the author contacted about reading her book, I thought it sounded really good. After reading the blurb I wanted to start it then but I had to finish what I was reading, I am not one of those people who can read two books at one. I would so get the reviews mixed up. Anyway here is my review of Digital Velocity.
Detective Ethan McAllister and his partner are on their way to what might be a crime in progress. And it makes him wonder if the anonymous tip he go
Deanna from Deanna's World
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I really should not read books with serial killers in them. I have a weak stomach for them and some are worse than others. This one falls in the "worse" category because the author devotes entire chapters to the sick inside workings of the serial killer's mind and how he goes about torturing his victims. There's also way too much internal dialogue of a rather gruesome kind going on. By the time the serial killer got his hands on the heroine and was going into detail about how he was going to tor ...more
Jada Ryker
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To Catch a Serial Killer

Lexi lived on the streets, with a marginalized group of women as her family. They made tremendous sacrifices for her, so she’d have a better life. Lexi learned to hold her heart safe and sound. She’s wary, and it’ll take a special man to get past her barriers.

Ethan is surrounded by his family. His brothers work in some form of law enforcement, while his sister is an attorney. Matt went the K-9 route. Lucas works in the narcotics division, which generally keeps him out in
Reily Garrett
Mar 09, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
RT Book reviews http://bit.ly/2mNcZFm

"Digital Velocity is a fast-paced romantic suspense thriller that sophisticatedly weaves drama, excitement, grit, raw emotions and mystery. Garrett takes her readers on a journey where suspense and romance are taken up several notches as she unfolds and reveals the identity of a murderer that is on the loose. With her vivid prose, Garrett entices readers to see the bond that is brewing between Detective Ethan McAllister and his unlikely informant.

SUMMARY:

Dete
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Digital Velocity is the first book in the McAllister Justice series by author Reily Garrett. I didn’t realize that this was not the first book in the series. Tender Echoes is the prequel to Digital Velocity and I highly recommend reading it before beginning.

I understood the story without reading Tender Echoes, but I was a bit confused about Lexi’s past. I wish I had read it beforehand as I assume it would answer my questions. Althou
melanie allen
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow this book had me its a crime thriller that keeps you guessing about who it is. We meet PD Detective Ethan who along with his partner are on the trail of a killer that they find hard to get any evidence from the crime scenes until Ethan gets clues given to him by an anonymous source. Whilst at home recovering Ethan finally gets to meet his source Lexi. What starts out as her helping turns into some much more.
Lexi has always been alone and has built up walls to keep herself protected, but hel
Romaine Heart
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lexi Donovan is a strong, independent computer whiz, yet lonely and guarded with trust issues, unless it's dogs or her computer.
Detective Ethan McAllister and the McAllister brothers are law enforcement officers in different departments. Alpha and protective. Loved the bamter between the brothers.
Ethan has been receiving anonymous tips helping him solve crimes. Now his sights are set on a serial killer that could cost him and others their lives.
Digital Velocity kept me on the edge of my seat
Melissa Killingbeck
Digital Velocity is a romantic suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Lexi Donovan is a computer hacker trying to anonymously help police detective Ethan McAllister solve a string of murders. When Ethan ends up injured due to one of her anonymous tips she decides it's time to come out from behind the computer screen. As the two work together to solve the murders romantic feelings start to grow and Lexi inadvertently puts her life in danger. With the help of his partner and brother ...more
Shelly's Book Corner
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lourdes-reviews
Lexi is a computer prodigy and part-time hacker who uses her skills to help the police, especially homicide detective Ethan McAllister. Becoming his confidential informant, they’ll work together to catch a killer on the loose.
I only made it up to 32% of this book. I had read the prequel and was highly interested in reading more about Lexi, Ethan and their crime solving relationship, but the book was overtly detailed which I found tedious and boring.
I honestly think the story had great potential
Barbara Tobey
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gritty, fast-paced, gruesome occasionally and kept me turning the pages. I skipped over the intimate sex scenes and wished I could blot out the crude language. The raunchy banter between the police partners and the brothers did provide sophomoric comic relief to some horrendous situations. The author provided a copy for my voluntary review. I quickly discovered the story was harder edged than my typical reading material. Eased off of this type some years ago. I did have to read it to the end to ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
GOOD REVIEWS: New release with RT Book review 1 17 Apr 16, 2017 07:30AM

• Dead and Gone to Bell (A Samantha Bell Mystery Thriller, #1)
  • Corktown (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #1)
  • Sea to Sky (A Hunter Rayne Highway Mystery, #3)
  • The Adulterer's Handbook: A Novel (The Adulterer Series #1)
  • Up in Smoke (Glock Grannies #1)
  • The House Guest
  • Gone Daddy Gone (Sloane Monroe, #7)
  • The Girl From Paradise Hill (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #1)
  • The Senator's Secret (A Presidential Affair, #1)
  • The Paris Confessions: A Box Set of Humorous Memoirs
  • Designer Dirty Laundry (Style in a Small Town #1)
  • Escape to Osprey Cove (The Osprey Cove Lodge Series, #1)
  • The Incident: Inferno Rising (Sam Jameson Espionage & Suspense #1)
  • Chocolate Heart Killer: A Pumpkin Hollow Mystery, book 14
  • Life in the Dead Lane (Secret Seal Isle Mysteries, #2)
  • The Lucky Stiff
  • The President's Daughter
  • Three Seconds to Rush (Piper Anderson Legacy Mystery #1)
Though her kids are her life, writing is the life after. You know, the one you also enjoy…AFTER the kids are in bed or AFTER they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free reign.
In life, hobbies can come and go according to our physical abilities, but you can always enjoy a good book. Life isn’t perfect, but our imagin

McAllister Justice (6 books)
  • Bound By Shadows (McAllister Justice, #2)
  • Inconclusive Evidence (McAllister Justice Series #3)
  • Carbon Replacements (The McAllister Justice Series #4)
  • Shattered Reflections
  • Remnants of Evil (McAllister Justice Series Book 6)

News & Interviews