Start by marking “Prime (Riftkeepers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prime (Riftkeepers, #1)

Prime

(Riftkeepers #1)

One night. One taste. Pure Magic.

Stressed and tired, Charlotte needs a break. Raising twins single-handedly often takes a toll that even a glass of wine can’t cure.

And when Charlotte is reunited with the gorgeous and captivating Callan McAidh— who showed her what true passion and pleasure really were years ago— Charlotte knows her life is about to be turned upside down onc
Kindle Edition, third , 232 pages
Published October 3rd 2017 (first published November 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Prime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prime

Start your review of Prime (Riftkeepers, #1)
Joyffree
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
🦋Imaginative characters and an innovative plotline made this one of my top reads for the new year
🔮And the world building absolutely enchanting - a total delight to engage in something so unique
Whitehorne presented me with a new twist on some old myths.
And the leading men - Yeah, I am claiming more than one - Though this is Callan's story I am eagerly looking forward to his brother's, as well as Dane's - They, were such fun secondary characters in this story
I do not want to do spoilers - even the
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: romaine
The author sends us on a magical adventure into the world of druids, faes, humans and other creatures.
After six years and a set of twins later, Callan and Charlotte are reunited. They return to his homeland of Arran.
Zander and Enya have learned they have magical powers. They are being trained on how to use their powers.
As evil is lurking in the shadows attacking sites, no one is safe.
What does Charlotte have that the villians wants so badly?
I really enjoyed this well written story. The plot
Amanda  B Gillespie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this paranormal novel and looked forward to the next installment. It was entertaining and kept my interest. It had sexy parts and nail-biting parts and twists from one page to the next.
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
I'll be honest, this book was an up and down for me. There are times it is a little too fast paced and times that is went too slowly. Once I got through the first half I really got into it. So I'm a bit mixed up on this review. It probably won't make sense. I did truly enjoy the world that was built and I was a big fan of Charlotte. Charlotte was an amazingly strong woman who seemed to take her trials with grace. I really enjoyed her. Callan, I'm not sure if I ever really got into him. Their con ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“There is truth to every legend, and some legends have a very dark beginning.”

Fae, Druids, a hidden world of magic with a strong heroine lead character supported by a darn good cast, a great plot
That is really well written. If you find the Goodreads blurb interesting you’re pretty much guaranteed to enjoy this book. It’s a paranormal romance that delivers on its promise.

Highly recommended.
Phyllis Moore
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book speaks for itself. It is great. From the first page on.
Erin
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I read quite a bit of paranormal, and although this one had fairies, and your typical good vs bad with a human stuck in the middle, the author still somehow found a way to make this book stand out as much more original than the rest. It kept me fully engaged from beginning to end.

Charlotte’s character was one of my favorites, because she wasn’t your typical damsel human in distress. She was an exceptionally strong woman that had been successfully
Books After Fifty
This is the first book I reviewed of Carries and it was an interesting read. It takes a very humane approach towards the Fae, delving more into the story of the main characters rather than the culture of the Fae and how they operate. I especially liked how the children played such a key part in this story but I would have liked to see more from Charlotte, especially towards the end of the book where things really start kicking off. Carrie weaves a story of romance, mixed in with a bit of humour ...more
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: Prime
Author: Carrie Whitethorne
Genre: Adult Paranormal, Romance
Format: Ebook
Pages: 232
Rating: 5
Heat: 4

Thoughts: I call dibs!!! Callan and Dane, I’m not sure which one I like more. Both are awesome book boyfriends!! The story is awesome, although the kids seem a bit mature for their ages but with the mixed blood it didn’t at all take away from the story. I actually think it adds to it. Charlotte is the bomb, seriously, I want to be her when I grow up (and she’s younger than me lol).
Leila Tualla
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun little read! This did have too much sex, definitely not a clean read, for my clean readers. I had to skip a few pages. There is also strong language here. That being said, the bulk of the story was fine and enjoyable - no pun intended. The characters were well written and just when I thought I had them figured out, they surprised me, which was part of why I really liked this book. Can't wait for the second installment.

***I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I am
Sarah Goulding
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing on behalf of Amo's Book Corner.

Prime is a fantastic book set in a slightly fantasy world. Seven years ago, Charlotte met Callan and they had a one night stand. Call an left town and shortly after Charlotte discovered she was pregnant - with twins! She kept them and raised them alone and worked really hard to provide for them. Then one day, out of the blue, Callan is back in town. After they have reacquainted, Charlotte explains to him about the children - he understands but is gutted t
Katie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Denice Darland
Great story, too much graphic sex

What happens when fae and druid cross over into humanity? I really would have enjoyed the tale more if the needless, explicit sexualization would have been left out. It would have been a 5 Star. Romance & acknowledgement are all that's needed on that score.
Britt The Hatters
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Steeped in ancient magic and mystery Prime is an action packed story that transports you into the world of druids and fae. After a one night stand with Callan leaves Charlotte a single mother of twins she spends nearly 7 years on her own working hard to keep her children safe and happy. When Callan unexpectedly shows up after all those years Charlotte discovers there’s much more to not just Callan, but her children also.

I loved the magic in Prime. I’ve always loved stories of Druids and the Fae
Mel
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Good story

The story is good, and has a good spin to it. Unique Fae with a twist. But somehow I find Callan is a quite a weak character he seems so powerful when he tells Lotti the truth about his race. But within the storyline he becomes a softy, a bit like a slave to lotti. And the behaviour of lotti starts out loving because of her children, like a mother should be. But after she comes back from the kidnapping and care from Dane, she has completely changed and treats Callan like dirt and Dane
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
One night with a handsome stranger forever changes Charlotte’s life. She’s tired but happy and adores the beautiful 6 year old twins born from a single night of passion so many years ago. When she randomly runs into her gorgeous stranger again, Charlotte’s life is once again pushed onto a path she never could have expected.

As Callan begins spending time with Charlotte and their children, we start to see that perhaps everything is not quite as it seems. Twins Enya and Zander are gifted in ways Ch
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
4.5 of 5 Hearts

This book paranormal captivated me from the moment I started reading it. I loved the originality that author Carrie Whitethorne brought to the table. Her characters were fun, original, and left me intrigued and wanting more.

Charlotte a Druid and Callan a Fae were instantly drawn to one another and spent a whirlwind weekend together only to be brought back together seven years later unexpectedly.

I loved how the author entwined these two and made them become so much more than wha
Teri
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Danger and intrigue follow Charlotte and she unwittingly becomes reconnected to something she had been hid from for years. Not only does she have to worry about her safety but she has plenty of things on her plate right now including Callan. Who knew it would be seven years til he saw her again? Great story with a nice story line and plot. Love fae and loved this author who is new to me. I look forward to more.
Kel Carpenter
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall a strong read by a great author. The characters were well developed and I enjoyed reading from Charlotte's POV. There were so many little things that made the characters come to life and the writing was solid. I think that moms who love fiction and PNR would enjoy this even more, since the main character is a mom and a lot of the story rides on that, but even for those who aren't this is a witty read that definitely paves the way for a great series. The humor is believable as is the char ...more
Sara
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

A cleverly unique and magical adventure into a whole new world of magical creatures!

This book was such a fun read! The author put extra time and care into both character development and building the world of Arran with such detail you can close your eyes and imagine it. The book sort of ebbs and flows and admittedly is a bit slow at times, but the characters in the book make up for that.

Callan and Charlotte along with the tiny magical terrors, Zander and Enya, were such fun! I look forwa
TheresaK
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast changing

From one page to the next are unexpected changes, bolster with 2 love stories. Who knows what will happen next. Very interesting and engrossing. Can’t wait for the next book.
Jana LaPelle
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prime is full of Possibility...

This is the debut novel for this author and I have to say, well done! Her spin on the fae is new and unique as she builds the foundation for the story to come. Prime is packed full of some interesting twist and turns. The characters come to life from the author's imagination as she spins this interesting tale. I have already downloaded Pursuit to see what comes next. On a side note there where a few editing issues but nothing that impacted the the story and I quick
Tera Comer
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own
I totally loved this book, everything was so real in most aspects other than the magic. The fact that the main character is a single mother that has the world of magic thrown into her life just makes you want to keep reading to know what will happen next. The world building and characters are excellently done and I can not wait to read book 2! I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Alice Jeerh
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the whole story

I enjoyed the whole story the lovely romance. The uncertain heart and how their love conquered all the difficulties. It's one of the greatest fantasy stories I have read.
Brittney
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF I gave Up. I didn’t like the way the dialogue read. It was way too wooden and not believable for me.
Lexie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book so much but it fell flat.

The first problem I had was that it seemed like this story was having an identity crisis. There wasn’t enough “adult” action to be considered a bodice ripper and zero romance or lead up so it wasn’t really a romance. It hit fantasy but at times you were given so little world building it was hard to be immersed.

The second problem I had was the pace. What a whiplash ride. This might be why this book felt lost at times as the story went so fast i
Shweta
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Is the story about Charlotte or her children?

The book is nice and I enjoyed reading it, though the level of magic & mystic is comparatively low.

However considering that this book is the 1st in the series, it seems as if this is more like a base building book.

I'm very confused though about the theme of the book. Is the series going to be about Callan and Charlotte or will it primarily focus on their twins?

Philleys Peters
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte's one night stand returns after seven years to the unexpected news of fathering a pair of twins, twins who are exhibiting magical abilities they need help controlling. Callan reveals his royal fae heritage and convinces Charlotte to come to the fae kingdom where his children will fit in. A nice build up to Charlotte's new life in the fae court. I enjoyed this book and look forward to Charlotte's continued adventure with her fae prince. Very nice!

I received a free copy of this book via
Janine Brown
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not my normal genre of reading but it had me glued from page 1, it is written so you feel you are a part if the story and it leaves you dying to find out what happens next!
What a fantastic author Carrie is.
JB
Kylie
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, story line and characters well written, would recommend to those who like paranormal romance, highly reccommend

• Witching Moon
  • Curiosity (Lughnasadh Elite Academy 2)
  • Eternity
  • Unclaimed (Their Shifter Academy #2)
  • My Pretty (Mischief Matchmakers, #1)
  • Big Bad Academy
  • The Moon, The Madness, and The Magic (Enchanted Mountain #2)
  • The Hunger Saga
  • Fires of Olympus: Books Ten, Eleven & Twelve (The Immortality Trials Book 4)
  • First Kill (Cain University #1)
  • Eat You Up (A Shifter's Claim, #2)
  • Fated Magic (Academy of the Elites, #3)
  • Fae Academy: Primal
  • Olympus Academy: The Demon Demigod
  • Francesca, The Great and Terrible (Emerald City Academy #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author Carrie Whitethorne lives on the edge of the Lake District in North Western England with her husband and two children.

She writes Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Fantasy Romance with a focus on folklore and mythology.

Carrie would be thrilled if you could leave a review.

Contact Carrie at:
enquiries@carriewhitethorne.com

Follow Carrie on Facebook.

Riftkeepers (5 books)
  • Pursuit (Riftkeepers, #2)
  • Reckoning (Riftkeepers, #3)
  • The Elder Mother (Riftkeepers, #4)
  • Fused (Riftkeepers #5)