Start by marking “A Light in the Dark” as Want to Read:
A Light in the Dark

A Light in the Dark

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Gracie, a young girl with the gift of hearing the Voices of the dead, finds herself alone and facing a dangerous journey. The power grid has failed across the globe, her city is being burned to the ground, and her only hope is to try to meet up with friends who share her gift...
Published February 22nd 2017 by JKLM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Light in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Light in the Dark

Melanie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

A Light in the Dark was described to me as a post-apocalyptic survival journey of a girl who hears the Voices of the dead, which sounded extremely interesting in concept. In reality, it was just as interesting and what’s more it was a really well-done book that I was so glad to get a chance to read. This book gave me major Walking Dead vibes, in the best way possible (and without the zombies!) Gracie is g
Gordon Bickerstaff
Very enjoyable and well written story

This is a very intriguing post-apocalyptic story with a good layer of paranormal to give the survivors other problems than just survival. In this story characters have special gifts and the main character is Gracie who can hear the voices of the dead. The book is well written and the characters are well drawn. The scenes are believable and kept me turning the pages. I enjoyed this unusual journey and have no hesitation giving this book a high recommendation.
Helen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great post-apocalyptic story, without a zombie in sight! Gracie has a special gift that allows her to hear voices from dead people and pass on messages to their loved ones. When the power suddenly goes off all over the planet, she finds herself all alone in a frightening new world where all the rules have changed. She embarks on a long journey to reach the only people she knows can help her, and meets Andy, a young boy with a similar gift.
This is a well-written story that keeps you tur
Mary Yarde
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is the end of the world for the living. But Gracie relies on the dead to guide her. Alone and afraid, Gracie has the choice to listen to the Voices and try and reach a place of safety, or take her chances and stay at home.

Whatever Gracie decides, she cannot escape from the fact that the life that she knew is over.

Oh. My. Days. What a book! A Light In The Dark by Kelly Bedford is one of those books that drag you in. I was reminded very much of The Walking Dead, minus the Zombies. It has that s
Christopher Bedford
The best book I have every read. Totally captivating!
Avid Reader
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cinematic and entertaining the whole way through, could easily be made into a movie, should be made into a movie. Excellent read.
Melancholy Codex
Brilliantly captivating and definitely has the potential to be as popular as...
Brigitta Moon
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Gifts and Survival

This book captured my interest with the first sentence and then left me with a warm feeling after reading the last sentence. I love the way the last words on the page encompassed the whole meaning of the story. This is a well written story as well as nicely thought out. I enjoyed the paranormal touch, the abilities the young people possessed. This is the first post apocalypse book I have ever read. I'm glad I chose this one. I definitely recommend this book.
Fiona Tarr
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and quite unique in the telling. This story felt more like a mystery/suspense than sci-fi or fantasy even with the paranormal elements bu enjoyable.

Gracie was a compelling character and even when the pace lagged a little, I still felt the need to read on.

Not necessarily a good fit for those seeking fast paced action but well worth the read.
C.L.
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant read.

This was a book I just could not put down. A well written story full of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. I don't want to give much away so no plot details here, but I didn't see the twist at the end coming and I sincerely hope there's a second book about life for Grace in their new world!
Kate Everward
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a roller coaster of emotions. It’s written well, Gracie the lead character is someone you can so easily relate to, a survivor and a fighter, not to mention little Andy who grabs your heart. Some points in the story are too long, and seem to drift away from the main plot but they can be endured because the story is interesting and suspenseful.
Kat Drennan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This intriguing tale drew me right into the story. I especially enjoyed the relationship between the protagonist and her younger cohort. Her natural drive to protect the boy produced a layered story with a depth of character that carried through to the end.
J. Antonio
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book, well written and entertaining.
Allean
Angelia
Karen Forsyth
Michailia Graham
Apr 06, 2017
Navigating Indiew...: A Light in the Dark on sale for $0.99 1 6 May 25, 2017 10:57PM
Inspired by family members' gifts and experiences, Kelly has written A Light in the Dark, her first novel in what she plans to be a series.

Kelly has worked as a professional visual artist since graduating from university in Canada, specializing in contemporary abstract paintings.