Start by marking “Belle (A Tangled Royals Book #1)” as Want to Read:
Belle (A Tangled Royals Book #1)

Belle (A Tangled Royals Book #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Dear Reader,

Isabelle “Belle” March is a nobody. A nothing. A Peasant. No one even knew who she was until one of the Royals, Adam “Beast” Castle, decided she was hot enough to ignore the hierarchy at our school—a hierarchy I myself set in place. I run this school, and the Upper East Side, too. Here at H.E.A., we stick to a strict social status, something most of Manhattan d
Published March 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belle

Ali
Mar 13, 2017 marked it as dnf
The authors posted the first chapter on their website, so I thought...'Eh, let's see what this is all about'. I should not have. Sometimes curiosity kicks you in the junk. I couldn't even make it through the entire chapter.

The character names and descriptions killed it for me, instantly. I get it, it's a fairytale-mashup-thingy. But, no thanks. I take a hard pass on reading Disney characters made up to resemble Upper East Siders. It sure did not read like any high school age kids I know.

I don'
Paula  Phillips
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review: Belle - Book #1 Tangled Royals Series - Anonymous Girls - March 2017

When I was first approached by the two authors known as Anonymous Girls, I was intrigued as their email had captured my attention as they have described everything that I love from the whole Xoxo Gossip Girl feel to the fact that it had a Fairytale theme, then, of course, being set in a high school environment. I was like HELLO, I'm definitely in. I had been waiting patiently for the ARC to arrive and OMG when it did, I
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have to say going into his book I really wasn’t sure what to expect, other than a modern version of Beauty and the Beast… maybe. And after the first few chapters I wasn’t sure if I even would like it. It all seemed a bit too angsty and the characters seemed a bit “young”, listening to them, they seemed a little immature. I also wasn’t a huge fan of all the names at first even though it made sense in a way.

That all being said I ended up really enjoying

Michelle (Much Loved Books)
When you are approached to review a new book you are always apprehensive over accepting or not, even more so when you have no idea who the authors are, just that you have worked with them before. But the synopsis of Belle drew me in, along with the tag line

What happens when you mix classic fairy tales and Gossip Girl together? Everything. Everything happens.

I did initially struggle with the beginning of the book, it took a while for me to turn the Disney switch off in my brain, but once that was
Sara
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
What do you get when you take fairy tale characters and mash them up with Gossip Girl? You get Belle, that’s what!

I have to tell you, when I was first approached to read this, I was a bit hesitant. I wasn’t sure how this was going to go with beloved characters from fairy tales thrust into the snarky Gossip Girl-like world, but let me tell you, it was excellent!

So, our Gossip Girl here is no secret. She is Elsa, Queen of H.E.A., and she sends out daily blasts on the goings-on at the sc
K.E. Osborn
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle by Anonymous Girls.
A spin on a fairy tale, in a modern day high school, mixed with Gossip Girl.
This had me intrigued.

So when I was approached by the anonymous authors to read the first book in the Tangled Royals Series, I thought 'why not?' Seems like it could be an entertaining read.

For the first say 20% I was a little reserved about the voice in the story. Not normally being a YA/NA reader I had to get used to the high school mentality that the characters showcased, but once I became a
Moon Love
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!

I will admit I wasn't expecting a twist on the usual high school angst story with characters named/characterized after Disney characters. I mean the names are apt. Once I got over the names, I got pulled into the story, and I think it was good. It was definitely hot and angsty. I hope the authors continue to write stories set in this world. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Ella and what's going on with Ariel and her potential past a "Royal" and how she came to be a "Peasant"
Tanya

This sound like if Mean Girls decided to do a retelling a BATB...

oh boy..
Katie
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Belle by Anonymous Girls

4 star review

Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.

When I first read the synopsis for this book I was beyond excited – I’m not afraid to say that I still love Disney even though I’m in my 30’s! Ever since I first saw Disney’s Beauty and the Beast I wanted to be Belle so when I saw this book I grabbed it and dived straight in! I did like it, I can’t deny that there was something in it that kept me reading to the very end but there was just something missing tha
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog.

If you enjoy YA books then this book is for you. This book definitely reminds you of the high school cliques. You know the ones who think they are better than everyone else. Sigh. I will repeat one thing from other reviews. This definitely had the Beauty and the Beast feel to it. I really wanted to love every bit of this book. But for me it just fell short.

One outcast who thinks she can bring the cliques together to form one happy school..And a
Chrissy
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2017, series
4.5 Stars

Holy Crap! What did I just read? This book was full of drama, angst, sex, and I couldn't put it down!

When I read the blurb of this book, I knew I needed to read it, and when it hit my Kindle, I immediately jumped right into it, and I'm so glad I did. This book is a definite must read, and I adored Belle's story. Sure at time's the names of the characters were a little cheesy, but.. trust me.. you'll fall in love with this story.

Sex, drugs, DRAMA, this book has it all. At H.E.A. High Sch
April Symes
Belle - Book #1 Tangled is a new book by Anonymous Girls. I have to say the blurb going on the book and the hidden identities of the Anonymous Girls had me dying to read this book and when I started reading, I was hooked. Picture Gossip Girls yet twist it around and think of it in YA Fairytale terms set to a high school backdrop. And that is Belle, book 1. Oh but it is so much more than that…

I will say I wasn’t a HUGE Fan of Gossip Girls but in reading this book, I think I am now a fan and want
Casey
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I will admit that a big part of me was intrigued by the unknown here. Belle by the Anonymous Girls is written by a writing duo that have chosen to not reveal who they are, but are said to have been authors that I had read before. That little bit of mystery to go along with this blurb were enough to get me to take a chance on this story.

Belle is just as they have described it, Gossip Girl meets your classic fairytales. But this story isn't li
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Belle is Anonymous Girls' first book. I had to get my hands on it because I am a fan of Gossip Girl and Disney. I had to see how they were going to put the two together in a way that would capture the audience. I don't want to get too much into the story because that would just ruin the surprise.

H.E.A High is in the Upper East side in New York. They have their hierarchy. The Royals of course being on the top and the Peasants being on the bottom. The never mix. Not until now. Adam "Beast" Castle
BookSmacked
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Are you a "Royal" or a "Peasant" ?

High School hierarchy, the Elite vs the Bottom. From Adam "Beast" to Belle, Ella, Elsa and Preston Charming thrown into a New York High School with the daily Buzz and you've got the Fairytale meets Gossip Girl down.

This book follows the storyline of what happens when one of those peasants gets tangled up with the Royals. Sides may get chosen, the balance gets upset. Drama ensues.

This book has a little bit of Angst and a whole heap of drama. With characters th
Sharon Jones
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
Hmmm – wondering who Anonymous Girls could possibly be…
I love it when two authors collaborate and it works so flawlessly that the reader cannot tell that the story comes from two different minds.
This book is incredibly well written with a wink and a nudge toward Disney Princes & Princesses.
And just because you know how the Disney story goes, don't be fooled into thinking you know how this story will play out.
This is a story about the haves an
Tania's Book Blog
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
**I received advance reader copy voluntarily**

Hmmmm where do I start. I don't mind reading a YA book from time to time but with this one I had mixed feelings. The funny thing about this high school was that they had a hierarchy and news feed about everything that was going on.

The heroine, Belle, was not a complete pushover; she had her moments. The hero Prescott was I don't know. It was hard to believe his feelings at time and his sudden interest. The other characters were followers and didn't h
Prosecco Princess
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A mix of gossip girl meets Disney prices and princesses
I struggled to get into this book as I felt there were too many characters to really get used to any one character.
This book is about poor girl belle who makes it her mission to take down the hierarchy
She starts dating beast who is the king of school but has feelings for his friend charming.
This book has everything, sex, drugs, drama and typical high school drama.
Elsa is the equivalent of gossip girl and has some witty one liners in her gos
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
A mix of Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Fables, Disney, and Mean girls. Lots of high school angst, but really that didn't bother me as much as I thought. I really think my high school students will love this one!
Jamie Guellar (IScream Books)
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Belle by Anonymous Girls is the first for this anonymous duo, I was seriously intrigued when I read the blurb.
In never watch Gossip Girl while it was on, but that's the vibe I got from the blurb.

Love the whole idea of this book, and it was definitely entertaining, but I just couldn't connect with the characters.

If you're a lover of Fairytales and high school hierarchy then this is the book for you, sadly this just wasn't the book for me.
J.A. Low
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story and I need more
CrazyDaisy
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

LOVED. IT! I have to say that when Anonymous Girls contacted me about reviewing, I was a little hesitant about this because of the whole YA/high school theme. When they mentioned it had a Gossip Girls feel to it, I jumped right in because teen tv dramas have always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I love Gossip Girls that I just recently binged watched with my daughter a couple of months ago. There just aren't any shows like that out right now that catch my attenti
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is definitely a book for YA lovers and lovers of Gossip Girl and Once Upon A Time. Now I'm not a huge GG fan but I have watched it. And I like my drama in books or on TV rather than in life so this worked perfectly. In reading this, you really get sucked in to the story and cliques of H.E.A.

Belle is a "peasant" who captures the eye of a "royal" but royals don't associate with peasants. But Beast was into Belle and he wasn't going to let petty class keep him from being with someone he likes
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I absolutely loved this book. I'm not sure who the two authors are, but they have done a wonderful job at mixing modern day with fairy tales from this past. I really don't know how to put into words just how much I loved this book. It's just that amazing. Once I got started I couldn't put it down. It had the right amount of drama, angst, romance and suspense. I was so intrigued and pulled in from the beginning, I just could't wait to turn the page to see what was going to happen. I definitely re ...more
Angela
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I am torn on this book. It is written in a young adult prose, almost like a whimsy Ever After High. It was well written. The story was entertaining but lacked depth in the characters. I really couldn't get into it. It was a decent book, just not for me.
Colleen Oppenheim
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first started Belle, I was really afraid that I would not be able to switch off the Disney aspect of the book. I was overthinking a little in the beginning so the book started out really slow for me. I am not sure where it happened, but I found myself addicted to the story line and the spoiled royals.

Belle was a nobody, a bit naive and quiet, until Adam, aka The Beast, sets his sights on her. Let me tell you, I really wanted to like Adam but in the end I just wanted to punch him in the th
Melissa Parnell
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle is the debut of a new author duet called the Anonymous Girls. When I read the blurb of this story, I knew I had to give it a shot. Gossip Girl and Fairytales, sign me up!

This story had fun, angst, heart, everything you are looking for in a story. The characters are great representations of fairytale characters and I love the way they are woven in and out of this Gossip Girl style storyline. There are so many standout characters as well. I can't wait to read more about some of the others.
MillsyLovesBooks
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
 photo 4 stars_zpsmquxkgtf.png

So this is the debut novel for the Anonymous Girls and who doesn't love a good Fairy tale. Well i say fairy tale but its with a great twist it's gossip girl meets a mash up of fairy tale characters. And i for one really enjoyed this read i wasn't a huge fan of gossip girl but if it had been set like this i would have definitely watched it.

Belle really was a modern day twist on a classic fairy tale but with this read it didn't follow the norm which i loved. The twist was like thinking outside of
Leah
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2017
M.L.
Belle was an enjoyable modern twist to the fairy tale romance, but make sure you get Disney’s version out of your head as your read this story because, though it’s based on it, this Belle is nothing like Disney’s. This is a deliciously addicting read with all the ends and outs: the drama, the gossip, the backstabbing, the angst, the love, and the unbelievable, yet true hierarchy of high school. When the authors say, “Please don’t buy this thinking you know how this story is going to end,” you su ...more