Start by marking “Flammen und Finsternis (Das Reich der sieben Höfe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flammen und Finsternis (Das Reich der sieben Höfe, #2)

Flammen und Finsternis

(A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  341,981 ratings  ·  40,786 reviews
Feyre hat überlebt. Sie hat Amarantha, die grausame Fae-Königin, besiegt und ist mit Tamlin an den Frühlingshof zurückgekehrt. Doch das scheinbar glückliche Ende täuscht. Tamlin verändert sich immer mehr und nimmt ihr allen Freiraum. Feyre hat Albträume, denn sie kann die schrecklichen Dinge nicht vergessen, die sie tun musste, um Tamlin zu retten. Und sie ist einen riskan ...more
Published August 4th 2017 by dtv Verlag (first published May 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Flammen und Finsternis, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Elena
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Louren
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  341,981 ratings  ·  40,786 reviews

Start your review of Flammen und Finsternis (Das Reich der sieben Höfe, #2)
Andreea Pop
Rating: All the stars in the universe

"I needed not to be dead when I agreed.”
“You needed not to be alone.”

I don't really know what to say in order to adequately express how stunning A Court of Mist and Fury is. How exquisitely beautiful. How slow-burningly sorrowful. How... joyous at the same time. I'm at a lack of words for describing how it truly made me feel -- because this book resonates with my soul and my heart and my mind so wonderfully, it just filled me with awe from within, le
Simona B
When I finished this book, the mountains trembled.

*Do I need to remind you to be civil? No, I don’t. Good kids.

Thanks to my wonderful friends Emer, Reyes and Sarah (click to read their reviews) who helped me up this calvary, with whom I shared joys and sorrows, and who made me laugh so much I probably won't need to swing by the gym for the rest of my life.
And a special mention goes to Katerina, Nastassja and Vera (again, click and be delighted by snarkiness), who ranted with me in the comments
Claudia Ramírez
LET ME START MY REVIEW BY QUOTING MY PRE-REVIEW, THE ONE THAT I WROTE BEFORE THIS BOOK CAME OUT:

Written in September 2015:
Now that I've read Queen of Shadows I don't know what to expect from this one. I AM SCARED. I'm totally open to the whole Feyre/Rhys thing, but I love Tamlin so much and I don't want him to be ruined by Sarah J. Maas! Can someone please tell her that she can make us love a character without ruining another character?

Because really, I ship Feyre and Tamlin, but I will not be m
Emily May
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal.
I was a survivor, and I was strong.

Oh damn. That was so unexpectedly good. And to think I almost didn't take a chance on this after not loving the first book...

So, here it is: I present to you 7 reasons why this book is a million times better than A Court of Thorns and Roses.

1) Less romance.

Oh, don't worry, there's romance. There's lusty, slow-build, flirtatious romance that somehow manages to be completely absent from the first book, even though
Miranda Reads
description

Seven of my favorite Bookish Villains in one BookTube Video!
The Written Review
description

I am broken and healing, but every piece of my heart belong to you.
Hole. Lee. Shh. This sequel is stunning.

I have not been this entertained and enthralled with a series since my high school Twilight craze.
And I realized—I realized how badly I'd been treated before, if my standards had become so low. If the freedom I'd been granted felt like a privilege and not an inherent right.
How could so much happen in
Jillian
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well last year i made an acotar gif review so now here is my acomaf one because people kept asking

Where do I even begin?

feyre and her ptsd:

tamlin:

basically me,

tamlin’s actions:

second,

tamlin and feyre?? i’m done with this ship

rhysand:

the inner circle:

rhysand’s development and overall story arc

but also,

rhysand and feyre//feysand

but my FAVORITE PART IS FEYRE’S DEVELOPMENT
basically…

and i basically want her to destroy everyone and everything that has it coming in book 3 evil queen style

and the endin
Mirou
Fair notice: Lot of fangirling/feelings ahead.
This was basically me during the whole book:

And now I finished and I’m moping around, thinking over and over: PERFECT. BEAUTIFUL, HEARTBREAKING AND SO MUCH MORE.

This book makes me feel so many different things at once that I have to just stop and think until I can get my head straight.

Because ACOMAF has it all – Beautiful writing, twisty plot turns, SNARKY BANTER that made me laugh out loud, PURE FAE AWESOMENESS specially from the NIGHT COURT CREW
Pang
WOW!! WOO HOOOO!!! Feyre is rock!! This book is rock!!!!

Bwahahahaha Feyre!! My girl, that's it! that's it! YESSS!! *dies* the next book! *dies!!* Rhys RHYS!! My... MINEEEE!!!! Love it! Romance! Night Court!! This Book!!! Yes YES! <3

descriptiondescription
Sasha Alsberg
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This could, quite possibly be, one of my favorite books I've ever read. Truly an amazing, magical and ethereal read that I really didn't want to end!
In depth review coming soon to my YouTube channel!
Whitney Atkinson
Probably one of the most game-changing books I have ever read. My love for Rhysand might be usurp my love for Warner.

update january 2018:
nevermind lol
Regan
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was outstanding! I don't even understand how SJM was able to make this jump from book one. I mean, this book is leagues above the first in this series.

Damn.

Damn.

So. Good.
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
❝I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal. I was a survivor, and I was strong. I would not be weak, or helpless again. I would not, could not be broken. Tamed.❞

A Court of Thorns and Roses was one of the first books I started reading that got me into Fantasy and reviewing books. Way back when this series, the Throne of Glass series, and Sarah J. Maas, herself, wasn't hyped up like there's no tomorrow. It was the first book I've read by Sarah J. Maas and the reason I picked up the Th
Katerina
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: Zenki the Hermit
I've never been this manipulated in my life.
I was stripped off my free will until there was only a shell left behind, a puppet complying with her master's whim. This is the most vulgar thing Sarah J. Maas could do.

Allow me to elaborate.
•In order to be candid, I have to admit that I enjoyed A Court of Mist and Fury more than I expected, and found some redeeming traits that prevented me from rating it lower. However, I can't hide my rage and utter disappointment since everything we read in A Cour
Cindy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Update: The more I think about it, the more I realize I didn't enjoy anything about this book at all so it's more suited to be a 1 star.

---

This book was 600+ pages of slog to get through. I understand how people would consider the sequel to be an improvement since the main character shows more agency and certain tropes are reversed, but the development was very on-the-nose and came at the expense of turning other characters into cartoonish villains. The writing suffered a lot from telling and no
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
This took me centuries to finish because I had no time to read BUT now I NEED THE NEXT ONE
Angela
"When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that the darkness begins to stare back."

Yall... this book... this book and its hype... this book and its hype and all it's spoilers; had me worried. On top of all that I feared that this book, all 600 plus pages, would suffer a massive case of second book syndrome. I'm so freaking happy to finally say that this book was AMAZING!

As I do with most my on-going series reviews I'm going to keep this review spoiler free. Since this book was b
Chelsea Humphrey
Re-read via Audible!

*********************

Officially have finished my re-read and I feel exactly the same as I did last time... Anxious for the next book in hopes that SJM doesn't ruin my life and officially entering into a major book slump. Come on Tuesday WHERE YOU AT?!?!

Updated Thoughts
Is it possible to write anything worth talking about without giving away spoilers? I'm assuming you've read ACOTAR if you're reading this review, so if not stop here. Spoilers from previous book are guaranteed.
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
1/2 star

This was a buddy read with these awesome ladies:

If you think I'm being unfair and this book is all kinds of awesomeness, Jenn is your girl.

And if you agree with me on this series being overhyped for no apparent reason, Mary is our girl. Mary and i agree on so many things, it's ridiculous!

First of all, this is marked as "High Fantasy"? You have got to be kidding me. Brandon Sanderson and J.K. Rowling are somewhere sipping tea, and laughing at this bullshit.

So, I've skimmed through the
Mariah of the Night Court
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

A COURT OF MIST AND FURY IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE.

***CONTAINS A SHIT TON OF SPOILERS***

REALLY, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK YET, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW.

THIS BOOK IS WAAAAAAAY MORE THAN 5 STARS, IT'S MORE LIKE 1000000000000000/5 STARS. I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE PERFECT BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS GONNA BE THIS PERFECT.

To be completely honest with you guys, I have absolutely no idea where to start, so I'm warning you, this
jessica
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
reread this just so i could say with the upmost confidence and truth that chapter 54 is the greatest chapter ever written in the history of literature and no one can convince me otherwise.

________________________________

'to the people who look at the stars and wish… and to the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered.'

i wish rhysand was real. i wish rhysand was real. i wish rhysand was real. i wish rhysand was real.

c’mon stars, you better not let me down!

5 stars
Lexie
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: humans, faeries, Fae, High Lords and Ladies
SO GOOD BELLE KNOWS TRUST BELLE

Sometimes there are no words, and those reviews are the hardest.

ACOTAR was a contrary introduction to the series: flawed and splendid, slow and action-packed. It featured a heroine who drove many crazy with her senseless decision-making and a plot which only emerged in the last hundred pages of the book. The rest was mostly romance, and a glimpse into a rich world.

And I loved it. I didn't love the pacing which was split 3-parts-romance, 1-part-action, in a fantasy book. I didn't love the ini
 Teodora
Let's pretend this is Starfall and I have more than 5 ⭐ to give

This book’s song mood match – Nocturnal by Elle Vee

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺
description

“To the stars who listen – and the dreams that are answered.”

How dares Sarah J. Maas??
How dare you, lady?? How dare you destroy me like that and then drink cups full of my salty tears like they are fine wine?? What kind of fucked up sadistic witchy ritual is this for you?

You annihilate me with your cruel imagination. And becaus
Mary S. R.
Buckle up ladies and gents and those outside these labels: Mary will have words with you (and she will stop referring to herself in third person).

“When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that the darkness begins to stare back.”

A Court of Mist and Fury is a million steps up from A Court of Thorns and Roses for a thousand reasons and one. The most prominent one though, the one that glows with the fire of a thousand suns, is how—even as a cheasy, romantic fairytale—this book is
NReads
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is exactly how you develop a healthy relationship. This is why my bro Rhys is such an likeable character. He respected every wish and need Feyre had, every choice she made, gave her the space and the time she needed to heal, but at the same time he pushed her to grow and thrive. Feyre was always an equal to him.

We have no choice but to stan.
WinterRose
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
So, I’d like to gently speak my mind.. and address some of the conflicting arguments about this from my point of view. I’d like to speak to a variety of audiences and opinions here. But please note, this book is not for everyone. Hopefully I can clear some of that up.

I will mark spoilers, I promise.

First of all, this is NA. I don't care who says what or what marketer or bookstore shelves this as children or YA, this book is very very graphic and explicit. Now, that being said, I personally just
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

"I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal.
I was a survivor, and I was strong.
I would not be weak, or helpless again. I would not, could not be broken. Tamed."

Once upon a time, I decided to give A Court of Thorns and Roses a chance and... I hated everything about it : Feyre's apathy, Tamlin's control-freak issues, the lack of any world-building or, I don't know, plot.

Wait - did I say everything? I lied. Hidden in this forest of dullness and platitude, shined Rhysand. That little shit. Cun
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
descriptionUPDATE APRIL 17TH ADDING PARENTAL GUIDANCE AND SAFETY WARNINGS because kirkus reviews, some GR librarians and most booktubers won't tell you the truth.
This is an EROTICA BOOK, not a YA book.

I repeat: THIS BOOK IS AN EROTICA BOOK, not a YA book. Or maybe you can call it an in-between ADULT AND UPPER YA meaning . NEW ADULT BOOK, plus it has certain influence from self-published Paranormal romance ( Shay Savage's Transcendence? Anyone?) so yes this is new adult at its best.

The sex scenes are the
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”To the stars who listen – and the dreams that are answered.”

I’ve said it about a thousand times and I’ll say it again and again: This book is one of the best – if not the best – sequel I ever had the pleasure to read! There I said it and I’ll stand by it no matter how old I grow or how often I’ll hear that Sarah J. Maas is overusing the word “mate”. *lol*

Yes, it’s true, but damn she can write and she creates characters that stay with you long after you closed the book. They are unique, they ar
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-reading this book for the second time on Audible was amaze balls! I have to say I forgot the first 14 chapters was about Tamlin nastiness and had to turn down the sound at some scenes. And then, Feyre was saved by Rhys! I loved it all over again and I cried again during certain scenes. I want a supernatural boyfriend 😄

RHYSAND! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART ♥ I mean who doesn't right?

THAT COVER!

HOLY FECKING SH*T BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE WILL
RHYSAND! Opinions? 12 116 3 hours, 28 min ago
Tamlin = Gaston???? 14 142 Nov 23, 2020 03:41AM
ACOTAR Readalong 2020 25 45 Oct 28, 2020 07:43AM
Fantasy Reads: A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2) 9 25 Oct 25, 2020 10:06PM
A Court of Dreams...: A Court of Mist and Fury 7 27 Oct 21, 2020 08:37AM
Queen Maas' Assas...: Better books than Acotar 6 54 Oct 14, 2020 05:11PM

• The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas ...more

A Court of Thorns and Roses (6 books)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)

Articles featuring this book

For the past decade, the Goodreads Choice Awards have put the power in our readers' hands by letting them decide the best...
“To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”
6806 likes
“He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him that the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out.” 3150 likes