Start by marking “Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)

Sky Without Stars

(System Divine #1)

A thief. An officer. A guardian.

Three strangers, one shared destiny . . .

When the Last Days came, the planet of Laterre promised hope. A new life for a wealthy French family and their descendants. But five hundred years later, it’s now a place where an extravagant elite class reigns supreme; where the clouds hide the stars and the poor starve in the streets; where a rebel
Expected publication: May 26th 2019 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Sky Without Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky Without Stars

Cesar
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Have I read the Lunar Chronicles? Yes.

Have I read Les Miserables? No.

Am I going to read 1,000 pages of drama? No.

Am I gonna be a filthy casual and look up the summary of Les Mis on Google? Hell yes.
Nasom
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I watched the musical film version of Les Misérables when it came out but I don't even think I finished it and I certainly didn't remember anything about the storyline (except that there was a prisoner 24601) so reading this didn't feel like a retelling to me!

That being said, I liked the book in general even though I'm kind of tired of the whole rebellion book plots! This book also had a love triangle and insta-love which weirdly, didn't bother me much but I had a preference for the love-tri
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jul 12, 2017 marked it as releases-2019
"Les Misérables meets The Lunar Chronicles" what a niche audience?? but also yes
Kelly Brigid
Oct 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I'm so thankful and excited that I'm nearly crying. The premise of this book is quite literally all my hopes and dreams.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin
Mila
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
The digital arc of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ website in exchange for an honest review.

3,5 stars

What I liked:
- The sci-fi setting with all the French words and elements added to it;
- Chatine who is quite a morally gray character and definitely the most interesting one in this novel;
- The plot was pretty solid for the most part;
- The writing was beautiful.

What I didn't like:
- Alouette and Marcellus both had the personality equivalent to cardboard and I was ofte
Vicky Who Reads
Jun 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
ehhhm emem em. sorry WHAT?

Les Mis meets The Lunar Chronicles WHAT IS THIS I'M SCREAMING EEEEP
♠ TABI ♠
Jul 13, 2017 marked it as to-read
Les Mis AND Lunar Chronicles??????

description
description
Lauren Schuyler James (storied.adventures)
Review also on my blog, Storied Adventures

Story/Plot: The premise of the story and plot were A . I mean, a retelling of Les Miserables?! I LOVE that play (I know it's based off of the book, I've just never read it.)! Plus it's a retelling in space!  That's right up my alley! And that's about all I liked of the book.

Writing: I did like the writing. It wasn't anything fancy or my favorite writing ever, but it was good. It was easy to follow along and I never got lost in the story.

Characters: Her
Tucker (The Library Reader)
Dec 04, 2018 marked it as not-released-tbr
I'm sorry. 2019, did I say you could have all the best books?!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
7/6/18
Release date and cover reveal? Woo! Also, I am digging the cover =D
---
Hmm...I hope this doesn't have a love triangle
Samuelle
Jun 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
a new (?) planet literally called "the earth" hmmmmmmmmm

still sounds amazing, though.
Megan
Jul 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
{ 07 · 06 · 18 }

les miserables?? i am here
the lunar chronicles?? i am tripping iver myself to get here fast enough.
Oda Renate
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Beauuutiful cover :D
Gimme, gimme!
Kristen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this but it is loooong
Wendy Ward
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love! I am a Les Mis and Illuminae Series fanatic. The book was close enough but different. Read 100 pages, you’ll be hooked and looking for the next book in the series to publish! I recommend for older teens and adults. This is by far the best book I have gotten lost in in quite some time!
Cillian
Jul 31, 2018 marked it as to-read-or-not-to-read
"...leaves behind a cryptic message that only one person can read: a girl named Alouette."

Alouette?

ALOUETTE? Sure; I'll bite.
Gillian
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a netgalley of this book in exchange for an honest review. I was super intrigued by it being referred to as a sci-fi, Lunar Chronicles-esque reimagining of Les Mis. I wasn’t expecting how much I would enjoy it! It was fantastic! The world building was so well done that I felt that I was transported to Laterre with its smoggy clouds and dingy Frets. I completely loved all the characters and can’t wait for book two so I can see how their stories progress. The book does start out slow bu ...more
Jess the faerie archive
Okay, first off, this is a book you MUST have on your radar. Especially if you are a fan of Les Mis. This was unbelievably amazing and also i am so sad.

I will post a review closer to release date.
Jessa Jean
Dec 14, 2018
Matthew
Oct 29, 2018
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Imi (Imi Reviews Books)
Jul 31, 2018 marked it as to-be-released
HELLO DID SOMEONE SAY SCI FI LES MIS RETELLING SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
Anna
Jun 24, 2018
Olivia
Jun 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
A reimagining of Les Miz + Lunar Chronicles inspired?? YES PLEASE this is the book I never knew I needed until now. Like, why hasn’t there been a YA Les Miz retelling yet?? I am SO PUMPED for this.
Sydney Springer
DID SOMEONE JUST SAY LES MISERABLES RETELLING AND JESSICA BRODY IN THE SAME SENTENCE
Amanda Lovette
Dec 02, 2018
Simran Thakur
Jun 08, 2018
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager