Start by marking “Jaybird (Heritage Bay Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jaybird (Heritage Bay Series, #1)

(Heritage Bay Series #1)

Jaybird was just a nickname my father gave me when I was born.
But after he died, the name took on a life of it's own.
Jayla King has the world at her fingertips.
A loving family.
Two amazing best friends.
A promising music career.
And the heart of the only boy she's ever loved. Zach.
But then everything changes.
When news hits the streets that famous rock star and celebrity judge
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 455 pages
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Jaybird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaybird

Start your review of Jaybird (Heritage Bay Series, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

I have had my eyes on this one for weeks! Giveaway below.

Stand-alone.
Rafflecopter: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/disp...
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
Jayla
I’ve known Zach since I was six years old.
He was my first crush.
My first kiss.
My first love… my only love.
He was my everything.
A year ago, Jayla King, had the world at her fingertips. A loving family. Two amazing best friends. A promising music career. And the heart of the only boy she’s ever loved.
But then everything
Mommaleena
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-read-again
Chances
What an amazingly emotionally charged love story, and excellent debut novel. There was a lot of drama going on throughout this story...but what do you expect with high school students. What you don't expect is this added drama from the adults. However is an amazing story, I loved it. I laughed my butt off as well as bawled my eyes out, so be prepared and have a few tissues ready, you'll need them! This book is definitely going on my TBRA list, the emotion it took to write this and get th
Jami Jones
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a Beautiful Book!!

This is my first read by this author and it won't be my last.. This book was so full of emotions, some sad, some happy and some just down right funny.. The love between Jay and Zack was so beauitful like who finds their soul mate at 6 yrs old but they did. With some ups and downs they made and it was really beauitful to read about.. I don't see how any body could leave a bad review of this book, it was just to good to not give it 5 stars. Yes it was a slow burner and no t
Nicole Reads
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely amazing and beautiful read.

Evey page of the book was filled with lots of emotions. And I felt each of them.  It was raw and real.

Jayla and Zach  are such amazing characters. I love them both. They are perfect for each other. And they too, felt real.

I swear this was an emotional roallercoaster. I think I cried a lot, my heart broke and broke and broke. And then it was put together again. I fell in love, I laughed so much, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I got angry and
Angela
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were parts of this book I loved, the main characters are great. The drama and and emotions felt real. It's a good book, but there were so many characters that I felt like I needed a diagram to remind me of who's who. Parts of the story did seem to drag a little bit, but that's high school drama for you. Overall a pretty good book.
Karenj
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jaybird...Daddy's girl, brought up in the music industry, but protected, cherished, and very much loved...suddenly faces a world without her Daddy there by her side. I loved Jayla's spirit, her feistiness and her immense loyalty. She loves hard and that love was given when she was 6 years old to her Z.
There is such a lot that comes to test this couple when they eventually 'get it together' not least the fame that surrounds Jay. Zach at times handles it well and at other times I wanted to slap h
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
2.5

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Evan staring at me. “What?” “So you got the girl?” “No, I got MY girl.”

Jaybird is a beautiful, moving story with interesting main characters.
If you like a lot of drama, this book is for you.

description
Shelby Reeves
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading YA and I loved this book! I admit that I teared up a couple of times while reading. This book is a must read and I can't wait to read her next book!
Leanne
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
1am
10 straight hours (apart from toilet stops, food inputs and settling the kids in bed)

Wowsers!
I'll admit, for a fair section of this book I was thinking "urgh, I'm getting too old for all this teenage angst." I was rolling my eyes, I was flicking the pages knowing that the jeousy from the exes would come, that the teenage girls would be bitching, that the inevitable break up was coming. I NEARLY gave up.
Then I cried. My heart broke a little bit. I was sad. I changed my mind about the book and
Jujubee
Congrats to the author in her YA debut novel!

Paula D
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jaybird is a beautiful young girl who's around musicians and famous people a lot and her family is very protective of her. Jaybird's life changes but she is determined to stay strong. Z is a amazing guy I loved his character and how he saw the real Jay. A very emotional but real book that showed us even famous people have sad days and are real people too. 4/5 stars ****Reviewed for Sweet & Spicy Read provided for a voluntarily Advanced Reader Copy of this book **** ...more
Martha Sweeney
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Congrats to M. A. Foster for her debut release! There were many emotions points throughout the story and they were well written and conveyed. YA is not my go-to genre to read, mostly the drama side of things, but this is a story, I think, all YA fans should read.

Again, congrats on your debut! I look forward to your future books. :)
Samantha
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaybird

Woah buddy that book was long. And I was a wee bit confused my all the different characters. I liked how she tries to explain at the beginning each relationship the person had with Jay. I liked all the characters though! They each added something different to the story. I did really like her character though. She was sassy and strong. Loved the relationship she had with her parents. He was a bit of a player for someone so young and in love. Felt he might have been around a little too much
Missy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaybird was a heartwarming and emotional book; it grabbed my attention right away. This book made me laugh, cry and warmed my heart all at once.  This is the first book I have read from  M. A. Foster and I will definitely read more from her in the future. The way she was able to bring all the characters together to be there for each other was phenomenal.

I was saddened  at the beginning of the storyline when Jayla's dad got sick. But her mom and bodyguard was always there for for her. I loved h
Darlene Avery
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaybird by M.A. Foster is amazing! If you love YA you'll absolutely love this book! Foster has created characters that will completely steal your heart.

Jayla King is facing both the height of happiness and success, while also enduring one of the greatest losses anyone can go through. I love her character! Jaybird is strong and vulnerable all at the same time, and proves over and over again she won't 'cower' but 'conquer'.

You will love this storyline and and the cast of characters Foster has brou
Kim
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaybird To say that Jaybird was an emotional read would be an understatement!  There were parts of it that just made me want to jump into my Kindle and slap the sense into some of the characters.  Other parts reduced me to ugly tears.  And there were some parts that had me laughing out loud and snorting coffee out of my nose.  There is a line that is rather R-rated that I still find a way to use in conversation because it cracks me up every single time!

Jayla has spent most of her life out of th
Yamileth
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaybird is absolutely amazing. I loved it so much!!! It was such an emotional roller coaster that I'm still trying to recover. It might take me a few days. Really. It was that good. Jayla and Zach will stay with me forever. They're just... Perfect. Even though a lot of times I wanted to yell at them for not seeing reason. But I guess that only makes them more memorable.

I lost count of how many times my heart broke while I was reading this book. Things got getting worse and I kept wondering how e
Kim
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To say that Jaybird was an emotional read would be an understatement! There were parts of it that just made me want to jump into my Kindle and slap the sense into some of the characters. Other parts reduced me to ugly tears. And there were some parts that had me laughing out loud and snorting coffee out of my nose. There is a line that is rather R-rated that I still find a way to use in conversation because it cracks me up every single time!

Jayla has spent most of her life out of the limelight,
Amy  Crull
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So while I'd don't normally read YA, this one had me captivated. I think it's because the main character Jayla was very mature for age. She goes thru a lot in this book and believe me you feel the pain, sadness and love right along with her. This book definitely takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. I found myself crying, laughing, swooning and crying again. Jayla is rock star royalty and in turn has been sheltered. The time she spent with Zach was her happiest time and she knew they were gon ...more
Julie Alvarez
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaybird, by author M.A. Foster, was an amazing book. This was the first book by author, M.A. Foster that I have read and it won't be the last. From page one, I was instantly hooked. This is a story of heartbreak, loss, and young love. The story centers around Jayla King, daughter of Marcus King who is the lead singer of the rock band, Royal Mayhem, and Zach, a high school football star who has been in love with Jayla since he was a little boy. Their families have been life long friends. Unfortun ...more
Wendy Hodges
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of angst and teenage uncertainty and jealousy, this is a roller coaster of ups and downs twists and turns. Every time you think everything will settle and all the characters (there are a lot) will finally be happy so there is another hiccup. How I felt reading this book, wow firstly I was in tears that switched to frustration, happiness, sadness yeah you get the idea. It kept me gripped and intrigued on how this would eventually play out, I wanted to knock heads together at some points but ...more
Anne De
the cover is beautifull !
The story is very cute but very YA for my taste, Jay King is very mature for a 17/18 years girl, very talented, sweet, beautifull... daughter of a famous rockstar, she 's in love with Zach since she's 6 years old.
Following the death of her father, we follow the the relationship's evolution between them during their final year of high school with all the dramas related to this age.
Jay was educated at home because of her father's fame.
This book is beter for young readers t
Elsie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Trust your gut, Follow your heart, And never, ever settle for anything less than you deserve"

I found this author on the labor day hop in Facebook, along other great authors as well. I read the book blurb and was hooked. Lucky me I won this book in a giveaway and couldn't wait to start reading it.

This book tells us the story about Jayla "Jaybird" King, daughter of a rock star and the love of his life. She's a very mature 17 yrs old who lives thru the punches of life and high school. She experie
Jennifer Goins
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author M.A. FOSTER who's a new author to me for my honest opinion of her book .I joined her group page on Facebook and I have to say wow what a awesome book just got done reading Jaybird by the author M.A FOSTER. Once you start to read the book you sure couldn't put it down it felt like the characters were real and there was a lot of drama going on through out the story . This book was so good that I was Laughing and crying so get your our tissues out because you ...more
Cathy
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic YA debut!

Jayla is sassy, and sweet, she has been in love with Zach since she was six years old. As the daughter of a famous musician, she has been kept out of the spotlight and lived a very sheltered and protected life.

Zach seems like a typical teenage boy, he too loves Jayla, but the thousands of miles between them seem more of a challenge to him. Sometimes he seems quite mature, and others incredibly childish.

There are a whole raft of other characters, each with their own
Deirdre Stokes
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book, it had an interesting and sad beginning but I was hooked and just didn't want to stop reading this book.
abdulia ortiz-perez
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I receive this by the author for honest review. This was a very joyful delight read. I really enjoy the story. Love everything in it! Love the created characters that will take your heart away. To the point that you want to be with them. This story want to jump right into the book and join them all. I love all the characters but fell in love with Jayla. This has all the emotion you want to love, cry, sad, mad, and even laughter.
It was well written and put together. It was a delight to read.
I h
Gloria
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaybird

Such a sweet YA book! Jaybird made me laugh, cry, angry and cry again. I couldn't put it down it was everything and more. I'm so intrigued now because I want to know what happens to everyone? Will they get their HEA and with who? Oh I can't wait!!
Michele Del Rey
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me laugh and cry. Sometimes we read a book that stays with us for a long time, this is that book. Jayla was such a strong women in this story. I would love to read more from this author.
Mary Fazzi
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Wow. This is an emotional book that you will LOVE!!!! Jayla is a teenager living a rock star life but wanting a normal life. Since the first time she met Zach they had a connection, but the ups and downs of life can change people and Jayla love Zach but he hurt her deep and then loosing her dad. She couldn't bounce back like she would want. With the help of her friends and Zach she got what she wanted and found herself and the things she passionate about. She is a fire ball strong honest and sup ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Vengeful Bastard
  • Roan
  • Restrictions (The Sterlings, #2)
  • Bohemian Law (Traveler, #1)
  • Take Two
  • Standstill
  • Egotistical Player (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Coach Me
  • Personal Foul (Texas Tornados, #2)
  • The First Score
  • Regrets (The Sterlings, #1)
  • Fixation
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • Broken Heartbeats
  • Forsaken (Gritt Family #2)
  • Varsity Heartbreaker (Varsity, #1)
  • Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology
M.A Foster is a wife, mother, sister, aunt, cousin, and best friend. She loves chocolate, lattes and all things sparkly. She was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and currently resides in Lutz, Florida with her husband and her crazy dog, Rocky.
When she’s not reading or writing, she’s either catching up with friends and family or chatting with her readers and fellow author friends on Facebook.

Heritage Bay Series (5 books)
  • Mackenzie (Heritage Bay Series, #2)
  • Cougar (Heritage Bay Series #3)
  • Marriage, Mayhem & Happily Ever After (Heritage Bay Series, #4)
  • Baller (Heritage Bay Series: #5)