Start by marking “Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)

Infinity Son

(Infinity Cycle #1)

3.25  ·  Rating details ·  3,236 ratings  ·  1,153 reviews
Balancing epic and intensely personal stakes, bestselling author Adam Silveras Infinity Son is a gritty, fast-paced adventure about two brothers caught up in a magical war generations in the making.

Growing up in New York, brothers Emil and Brighton always idolized the Spell Walkersa vigilante group sworn to rid the world of specters. While the Spell Walkers and other
Published January 14th 2020 by Simon & Schuster Children's UK

To ask other readers questions about Infinity Son, please sign up.
Isabella MC is gay, but doesn't make it the most important thing in the story. I loved how he made it completely normal like any other romance/character trait…moreMC is gay, but doesn't make it the most important thing in the story. I loved how he made it completely normal like any other romance/character trait and not like it was something super shocking and different. It's perfectly written in.(less)
Sandra That age is fine. I would consider it in the same age group as Marissa Meyers Renegades.…moreThat age is fine. I would consider it in the same age group as Marissa Meyer’s Renegades. (less)

·  3,236 ratings  ·  1,153 reviews

Start your review of Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
Kai
Mar 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, queer, overrated
A phoenix might live forever but my hopes just died with this book.

You might be shaking your head, thinking One star, for real? Bit of a dramatic move. Well, that makes two of us. I didnt have high expectations when I started this book both What If It's Us and They Both Die at the End were disappointing and I thought Id rate this with two stars, maybe three. The first few chapters were rocky but then I started to enjoy myself. And around the 100-page mark, it all went downhill again. So much
Adam Silvera
Mar 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hint: PHOENIXES.
chai ♡
Adam Silvera + fantasy + gay is a combination that can defeat Thanos
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I still need to sit on this one for a bit to know how I really feel. There were parts of it that I really enjoyed. I loved Emil's storyline, I loved all the celestials that we got to know, & I love all the twists this story brought on. On the other hand I found issue in the world building and the pacing. This felt like a very in and out book for me when it comes to enjoyment. I do think it sets up nicely for the sequel & I'm looking forward to seeing where book two takes us. (especially ...more
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"Times passes, and the agony doesnt go away. The faintest phoenix song begs me to survive, but Im tired of the music and wish someone would put out my fire for good."

description

Adam Silvera is keeping his crown on making people cry with his books. This book definitely made me want to cry.
_______________

Having all the ingredients and not following any recipe.

I'm going to start everything by saying if this is your first AS book (or if it will be and you end up sharing my feelings about it) then
jessica
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OH NO! WHY, ADAM!? WHYYYYYY?? WHAT HAPPENED?!?

can we please make a pact and just agree that we are all suffering from collective amnesia and this book never happened? because i love adam silvera, hes a sweetheart, and i really dont want to drag him and his new book, but its really the only thing i can do.

many reviews do a great job with going in depth as to why this book is such disappointment, so let me just leave this brief list:
- no world building. none. zilch. zero. nil. nada. its a
Hamad
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This ReviewBlog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

I didnt grow up with powers, but Ive been a brother for eighteen years. No fire burns brighter than that.

🌟 I am going to be the villain in this story and say that maybe Adam should stick to writing contemporary novels and I am going to explain why. I initially gave the book 3 stars as I felt pressured to do so in support of Adam but that would not be honest. I think 2 stars is a rating I feel more comfortable with.

🌟You see, there is an idea and it
Lola
Nov 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I can hardly get over how bad this is.
sarah xoxo
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
New York. Magic. Phoenixes. Gay. Adam Silvera.
An indestructible combination right?
Wrong.

L I K E S

- The idea
I will expand on this later, but I really thought I would love this book for a variety of reasons. The summary intrigued me, and my excitement was only increased because it was by one of my favourite authors. The bare bones idea of this book was amazing, but unfortunately the execution didn't do it justice. I think it could make a good movie if adapted right!

- Ness
A character only
Farith
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
bye

rtc.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! Did you hear me say NOPE! This is not my cup of latte, any kind of heavy liquor!

I was so excited as soon as I saw this amazing cover and reading a blurb introduces us a gay main character on the board! But I finally found out only thing I could enjoy about this book is LGBTQ representation with lots of queer characters! Unfortunately thats the one and only thing I loved!

World-building-Nope! It collapses on your body in the middle of the book. You just jump into an ocean full
emi
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
I can't believe we are to be #blessed with an Adam Silvera fantasy book.

We don't deserve this.

I may or may not be stalking his social media everyday in hopes of just a sneak peak at this book. Love you Adam.
Claire ✨
An amateurish first draft of a book, INFINITY SON drags itself through juvenile writing and lifeless characters in a poorly-built world.

Yikes. I had never read an Adam Silvera book before INFINITY SON... and safe to say I'll probably not read anything else by him again.

His contemporaries, the premises of which don't interest me, are praised to the moon and back, so naturally when I heard he was writing a fantasy I was immediately piqued. INFINITY SON is about sixteen-year-old Emil, a regular
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

My library let me skip the line to listen to the audio BUT, it wasnt for me. I skip listened. Sigh...

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
C.G. Drews
I have a deep love for both (a) urban fantasy books, (b) books about complicated messy brothers...so this delivered on BOTH those fronts and I'm so so glad I got a chance to read it early. I've been sort of obsessing over Infinity Son, because I freaking adore Silvera's contemporaries (History Is All You Left Me basically is one I think about all the time) so I'm really grateful I got to read an early eARC!

highlights definitely are
→ more of an emphasis on magical creatures than most fantasises
✨    jamieson   ✨
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2020
INFINITY SON. 2020. ADAM SILVERA FANTASY. GAY FANTASY. YEE FUCKING HAW THIS IS NOT A DRILL

megs_bookrack
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Adam Silvera writes FANTASY!?!?
I'm still bringing my tissues...

...y'all know it's gonna hurt.
Hollis
Here's the thing. I didn't really want to be here, posting a review for a much hyped book that I clearly didn't like, but up until the 60% mark I was at least hoping to have one or two good things to say to warrant a two star "hey man, you tried, good on you" rating.

But no. I can't round up on this.

A combination of mostly annoying (oh god I wanted Brighton to go DIAF times infinity) and or doing-nothing-for-me characters, so little world building that I honestly only understood maybe like 15% of
Jaye Berry
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, 2019
*Record scratch, freeze frame* So you're probably wondering how I got in this situation.

A couple days ago:
Friend: Hey I got an arc of Infinity Son do you want to borrow?
Me, knowing damn well I don't like Adam Silvera's writing: Sure!

And another 1 star book is born.

***

In other news: for as much as I've heard Adam Silvera talk about this book and how excited he was to write it, I really thought this would be a high fantasy but no. This is an urban fantasy with a magic system that never really
Ashley Nuckles
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a decent first fantasy story! I liked Emil and Ness, but I couldnt truly get into the fantasy part of this book, and some of the other characters felt a little rushed. Probably wont read the sequel, but I still enjoyed my time reading this one! Ill probably think of more to say later in my wrap up video but thats all Ive got now! ...more
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
This book had so many elements that would have made me It's Bitch.

~ queer Latino main characters
~ a beautiful cover
~ magic and magical birds
~ Latinx families and upbringing

but this felt like I was reading a little kids third-grade free time essay ,,, it's messy, the writing isn't good at all, the storyline is so jumbled it just doesn't make sense, and on top of that this magic system isn't explained at ALL and it just throws you in expecting you to just know what all these terms mean. After
Tucker
May 26, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[1/1/20] - actually, after reading the reviews... I think I'll pass

------------------

well, Dhonielle Clayton told me that i "have to get myself a copy"

so...

i will...

THROUGH ANY MEANS NECESSARY

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Fabian
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I read an ARC of this a little while ago & I think with 2019 coming to a close, it's time to finally talk about this book.

So lemme start off by saying that, as a gay man myself I am so incredibly happy to see books like Infinity Son getting published & authors like Adam Silvera getting the praise, attention, hype & recognition so many straight authors get in/from this community!
And I also think that as a gay latinx author Adam Silvera brings a unique & very much needed
Cody Roecker
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE 7/20:

Dreams have come true. I have finished this brutal book, and am so incredibly in love with each and every character.

Update: 7/13/19

Hell. Fucking. Yes. I. Need. This. Now.

Update: 12/2/18
Honestly it doesnt matter what this is, I'm sure to love it, and its sure to burn me to ashes so...I'm ready for.it
update 5/26/17: I have a theory that probably isn't true but would be cool.

what if this is the Scorpius Hawthorne series that are mentioned in his other books? I would die, tbh.

I am

That is all.
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
UPDATE #2: It happened. I received the notice this morning! I got an eARC! 😭

UPDATE: ADAM JUST RELEASED THE TITLE - Its called Infinity Son !!!! - AND ITS GOING TO BE A SERIES?? I AM NOT OKAY
SOMEONE HOLD ME

✨(PS I also made a blog post!) ✨

Fantasy AND Adam Silvera? Count me 110% in.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
thanks for my life Adam
Clephiro
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, fantasy, arc, lgbtq
Wow. Well, that will be my last Adam Silvera novel. I hope he finds his audience, but it is not me. The whole narration style is written as if by a 15-year-old boy, 5 years in the past. So the whole book is stuffed with what feels antiquated slang. Coupled with the super casual narration that uses absurd comparisons, and I just couldn't. The writing style will work for someone, that someone is not me.

The plot is a mash-up of x-men and Harry Potter with much better diversity. Unfortunately, I
Sabrina
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can't fucking believe that I got a ARC of this book.

This had a unique concept (that I think wasn't executed as well as it could have been), multiple pov, a okay writing and LGBT representation.

-----

ARC received from publishers via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Official release date: 14th January 2020.
Ben Jackson
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is the first bad review I have written and it pains me a bit to do it because I was really, really (stand in a queue for hours) excited for this. All the ingredients for a great book were there; a gay, diverse fantasy novel, written by a talented author and Harry Potter Fan?!! What more could a fellow gay Harry Potter fan really ask for? But it turned into my biggest literacy disappointment of the year (ok the decade) so far. The best bit about it was the author's note at the start.

The book

• Yes No Maybe So
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Reverie
  • Dangerous Alliance: An Austentacious Romance
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • We Are Totally Normal
  • Coral
  • Steel Crow Saga
  • Going Dutch
  • Spellhacker
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • All The Things We Never Said
  • The Demon World (The Smoke Thieves, #2)
  • Swipe Right for Murder
  • Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
Adam Silvera is the New York Times bestselling author of More Happy Than Not, History Is All You Left Me, and They Both Die at the End. His next book What If It's Us is co-written by Becky Albertalli (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda) and releases on October 9th, 2018.
He writes full-time in New York City and is tall for no reason.

Infinity Cycle (3 books)
  • Infinity Reaper (Infinity Cycle, #2)
  • Untitled (Infinity Cycle, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. To create our list, we fo...
“I may not be throwing fire, but I'm just as much a hero as anyone else.” 1 likes
“I didn’t grow up with powers, but I’ve been a brother for eighteen years. No fire burns brighter than that.” 1 likes