Start by marking “Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)

Infinity Son

(Infinity Cycle #1)

Balancing epic and intensely personal stakes, bestselling author Adam Silvera’s Infinity Son is a gritty, fast-paced adventure about two brothers caught up in a magical war generations in the making.

Growing up in New York, brothers Emil and Brighton always idolized the Spell Walkers—a vigilante group sworn to rid the world of specters. While the Spell Walkers and other
Published January 14th 2020 by Simon & Schuster Children's UK

To ask other readers questions about Infinity Son, please sign up.
Isabella MC is gay, but doesn't make it the most important thing in the story. I loved how he made it completely normal like any other romance/character trait…moreMC is gay, but doesn't make it the most important thing in the story. I loved how he made it completely normal like any other romance/character trait and not like it was something super shocking and different. It's perfectly written in.(less)
Sandra That age is fine. I would consider it in the same age group as Marissa Meyer’s Renegades.…moreThat age is fine. I would consider it in the same age group as Marissa Meyer’s Renegades. (less)

Start your review of Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
Kai
Mar 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, owned, overrated
A phoenix might live forever but my hopes just died with this book.

You might be shaking your head, thinking One star, for real? Bit of a dramatic move. Well, that makes two of us. I didn’t have high expectations when I started this book – both What If It's Us and They Both Die at the End were disappointing – and I thought I’d rate this with two stars, maybe three. The first few chapters were rocky but then I started to enjoy myself. And around the 100-page mark, it all went downhill again. So
Adam Silvera
Mar 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hint: PHOENIXES.
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Adam Silvera + fantasy + gay is a combination that can defeat Thanos
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I still need to sit on this one for a bit to know how I really feel. There were parts of it that I really enjoyed. I loved Emil's storyline, I loved all the celestials that we got to know, & I love all the twists this story brought on. On the other hand I found issue in the world building and the pacing. This felt like a very in and out book for me when it comes to enjoyment. I do think it sets up nicely for the sequel & I'm looking forward to seeing where book two takes us. (especially ...more
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"Times passes, and the agony doesn’t go away. The faintest phoenix song begs me to survive, but I’m tired of the music and wish someone would put out my fire for good."

description

Adam Silvera is keeping his crown on making people cry with his books. This book definitely made me want to cry.
_______________

Having all the ingredients and not following any recipe.

I'm going to start everything by saying if this is your first AS book (or if it will be and you end up sharing my feelings about it) then
Hamad
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This Review Blog Twitter Instagram

“I didn’t grow up with powers, but I’ve been a brother for eighteen years. No fire burns brighter than that.”

I am going to be the villain in this story and say that maybe Adam should stick to writing contemporary novels and I am going to explain why. I initially gave the book 3 stars as I felt pressured to do so in support of Adam but that would not be honest. I think 2 stars is a rating I feel more comfortable with.

You see, there is an idea and it
Lola
Nov 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I can hardly get over how bad this is.
sarah xoxo
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019, arcs, fantasy
New York. Magic. Phoenixes. Gay. Adam Silvera.
An indestructible combination right?
Wrong.

L I K E S

- The idea
I will expand on this later, but I really thought I would love this book for a variety of reasons. The summary intrigued me, and my excitement was only increased because it was by one of my favourite authors. The bare bones idea of this book was amazing, but unfortunately the execution didn't do it justice. I think it could make a good movie if adapted right!

- Ness
A character only
Farith
May 09, 2017 is currently reading it
so this book is finally out and i'm ready to see how bad people are claiming it is

emi
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
I can't believe we are to be #blessed with an Adam Silvera fantasy book.

We don't deserve this.

I may or may not be stalking his social media everyday in hopes of just a sneak peak at this book. Love you Adam.
✨    jamieson   ✨
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2020
INFINITY SON. 2020. ADAM SILVERA FANTASY. GAY FANTASY. YEE FUCKING HAW THIS IS NOT A DRILL

C.G. Drews
I have a deep love for both (a) urban fantasy books, (b) books about complicated messy brothers...so this delivered on BOTH those fronts and I'm so so glad I got a chance to read it early. I've been sort of obsessing over Infinity Son, because I freaking adore Silvera's contemporaries (History Is All You Left Me basically is one I think about all the time) so I'm really grateful I got to read an early eARC!

highlights definitely are
more of an emphasis on magical creatures than most fantasises
megs_bookrack
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Adam Silvera writes FANTASY!?!?
I'm still bringing my tissues...

...y'all know it's gonna hurt.
Claire ✨
An amateurish first draft of a book, INFINITY SON drags itself through juvenile writing and lifeless characters in a poorly-built world.

Yikes. I had never read an Adam Silvera book before INFINITY SON... and safe to say I'll probably not read anything else by him again.

His contemporaries, the premises of which don't interest me, are praised to the moon and back, so naturally when I heard he was writing a fantasy I was immediately piqued. INFINITY SON is about sixteen-year-old Emil, a regular
Cody Roecker
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE 7/20:

Dreams have come true. I have finished this brutal book, and am so incredibly in love with each and every character.

Update: 7/13/19

Hell. Fucking. Yes. I. Need. This. Now.

Update: 12/2/18
Honestly it doesnt matter what this is, I'm sure to love it, and its sure to burn me to ashes so...I'm ready for.it
update 5/26/17: I have a theory that probably isn't true but would be cool.

what if this is the Scorpius Hawthorne series that are mentioned in his other books? I would die, tbh.

I am
Enne (they/them)
01/23/18
Does this book have a release date? No
Does this book have a cover? No
Does this book have a title? No
Am I going to add to my anticipated releases shelf? Of course I am, it's by Adam Silvera...
Hollis
Here's the thing. I didn't really want to be here, posting a review for a much hyped book that I clearly didn't like, but up until the 60% mark I was at least hoping to have one or two good things to say to warrant a two star "hey man, you tried, good on you" rating.

But no. I can't round up on this.

A combination of mostly annoying (oh god I wanted Brighton to go DIAF times infinity) and or doing-nothing-for-me characters, so little world building that I honestly only understood maybe like 15% of
Jaye Berry
Shelves: 2019, fantasy
*Record scratch, freeze frame* So you're probably wondering how I got in this situation.

A couple days ago:
Friend: Hey I got an arc of Infinity Son do you want to borrow?
Me, knowing damn well I don't like Adam Silvera's writing: Sure!

And another 1 star book is born.

***

In other news: for as much as I've heard Adam Silvera talk about this book and how excited he was to write it, I really thought this would be a high fantasy but no. This is an urban fantasy with a magic system that never really
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
This book had so many elements that would have made me It's Bitch.

~ queer Latino main characters
~ a beautiful cover
~ magic and magical birds
~ Latinx families and upbringing

but this felt like I was reading a little kids third-grade free time essay ,,, it's messy, the writing isn't good at all, the storyline is so jumbled it just doesn't make sense, and on top of that this magic system isn't explained at ALL and it just throws you in expecting you to just know what all these terms mean. After
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Nov 09, 2018 is currently reading it
UPDATE #2: It happened. I received the notice this morning! I got an eARC!

UPDATE: ADAM JUST RELEASED THE TITLE - It’s called “Infinity Son” !!!! - AND ITS GOING TO BE A SERIES?? I AM NOT OKAY
SOMEONE HOLD ME

(PS I also made a blog post!)

Fantasy AND Adam Silvera? Count me 110% in.
Tucker
May 26, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[1/1/20] - actually, after reading the reviews... I think I'll pass

------------------

well, Dhonielle Clayton told me that i "have to get myself a copy"

so...

i will...

THROUGH ANY MEANS NECESSARY

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Elise (TheBookishActress)
thanks for my life Adam
Fabian
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I read an ARC of this a little while ago & I think with 2019 coming to a close, it's time to finally talk about this book.

So lemme start off by saying that, as a gay man myself I am so incredibly happy to see books like Infinity Son getting published & authors like Adam Silvera getting the praise, attention, hype & recognition so many straight authors get in/from this community!
And I also think that as a gay latinx author Adam Silvera brings a unique & very much needed
Sabrina
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can't fucking believe that I got a ARC of this book.

This had a unique concept (that I think wasn't executed as well as it could have been), multiple pov, a okay writing and LGBT representation.

-----

ARC received from publishers via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Official release date: 14th January 2020.
Clephiro
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, arc, lgbtq, ya
Wow. Well, that will be my last Adam Silvera novel. I hope he finds his audience, but it is not me. The whole narration style is written as if by a 15-year-old boy, 5 years in the past. So the whole book is stuffed with what feels antiquated slang. Coupled with the super casual narration that uses absurd comparisons, and I just couldn't. The writing style will work for someone, that someone is not me.

The plot is a mash-up of x-men and Harry Potter with much better diversity. Unfortunately, I
turniip
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it

I apologize for the gif use but... I really needed it today. Lindsay's my entire mood on this book.

I didn't like What if it's Us but I'd never read any Adam Silvera before that, and we all know I'm really a fantasy slut, so while I went in with very low expectations, there was a chance that I'd vibe more with this book. But it did not happen, and I'm left very confused about what I just read.

Look, I appreciate the author's note he wrote so much. I look for representation in what I'm reading too,
Sara
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Infinity Son is the story of two brothers, power wars and phoenixes as a vigilante group rises up against those who seek to steal magic for themselves.

Although I liked the premise for this, I unfortunately think it was poorly executed. For one, there are too many perspectives, making the story unnecessarily confusing and convoluted. The world building is also none existent, with the magical system hardly explained at all leaving
Magdalena Deniz
Aug 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lost-interest
Okay, so this is Bad.

(I have a lot to say, both about the book and its author and the fandom circulating around both, but I will start with the book.)

There is absolutely no world-building. The reader is violently catapulted into this fantasy/magical version of modern NYC. There are people called celestials (they have powers) and also there are specters (they also have powers, but they got them the Bad Way by drinking magical creature blood) and there are Spell Walkers (who do god knows what.
Ben Jackson
Oct 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is the first bad review I have written and it pains me a bit to do it because I was really, really (stand in a queue for hours) excited for this. All the ingredients for a great book were there; a gay, diverse fantasy novel, written by a talented author and Harry Potter Fan?!! What more could a fellow gay Harry Potter fan really ask for? But it turned into my biggest literacy disappointment of the year (ok the decade) so far. The best bit about it was the author's note at the start.

The book
Bookphenomena (Micky)
DNF @50% unrated

I tried and tried and tried again but the world felt impossible without adequate world building and I could only stay confused for so long. The language for different beings was constantly thrown around without explanation. The writing style was what I can only describe as awkward and I didn’t once lose myself in the story but I was constantly jarred by the narrative style.

Excuse me while I weep as I wanted so much from this having enjoyed Adam Silvera’s books previously.
Adam Silvera is the New York Times bestselling author of More Happy Than Not, History Is All You Left Me, and They Both Die at the End. His next book What If It's Us is co-written by Becky Albertalli (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda) and releases on October 9th, 2018.
He writes full-time in New York City and is tall for no reason.

• Reverie
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • What Kind of Girl
  • The Stars We Steal
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Seven Deadly Shadows
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Tweet Cute
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Wranglestone (Wranglestone, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Dangerous Alliance: An Austentacious Romance