Start by marking “The Czar: A Standalone Hockey Billionaire Romance” as Want to Read:
The Czar: A Standalone Hockey Billionaire Romance

The Czar: A Standalone Hockey Billionaire Romance

"Smart and sexy. Selena never disappoints." -- USA TODAY Bestselling Author, Jennie Marts.

They call him The Czar, the heir to a billion dollar Vodka fortune and Chicago's homegrown NHL superstar. But when Mick Petrovich sustains a career-ending injury, life seems hopeless until he sees a blonde trying to unlock her apartment door.

Solana Werner spent six years working for o
Kindle Edition
Published March 21st 2017 by Golden Age Press

To ask other readers questions about The Czar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Czar

Coco.V
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/5/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
He's the heir to a billion dollar vodka fortune, but hockey is all he's ever wanted. Now a career ending injury has Mick Petrovich at odds with the world.
Solana Werner is his sexy new neighbor, and the perfect distraction.
She's also his father's assistant.
But what Mick doesn't know won't hurt him, right?
Jessica Alcazar
Solana and Mick ... **happy sigh** #mypeople <3

We all know what this book is about. Mick is a hockey player who sustains a career ending injury at the beginning of the book and is trying to find himself and his purpose for the future. Solana has lived her entire life for one purpose and one purpose only, to be a big-wig in marketing. Her dream job ... working for the company Mick's father own. Mick's nightmare .... working for his father's company. Do you see where the roads these two are
Rebecca Austin
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr
Mikhail Petrovich is a NHL superstar and heir to the Petrovich vodka fortune when an injury causes his hockey dreams to end. Now he spends his time with random hookups and feelings sorry for himself.

Solana Warner has landed her dream job as a junior Marketing Executive at Petrovich vodka and is super excited for what the future has in store for her. But she quickly learns about work policies that are set in place for all the women workers to stay as far away from the Petrovich sons or lose their
Mary   Getz
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC. BRAVO ! 😍 HOT SEXY YUMMY BILLIONAIRE'S SON
This story take place in Chicago , dreams are coming true for Solana Werner, she been for 6 years for PETROVICH VODKA. Thanks to Professor Regina Martin from former Loyola as a former advisor/mentor. Professor Regina Martin now works at PETROVICH VODKA , as a consultant . Solana might become the next Junior Marketing Executive. Professor Martin email to Solana, asking to apartmentsit and catsit Ambose. The Professor Martin lives in Petrovich owned a
Strider28
3 1/2 stars.
I really enjoy Selena Laurence's writing. Despite there being so many hockey romance stories out there, Ms. Laurence's storylines are always unique. In this book Mick, a hockey superstar, has sustained a career ending injury. He lived for hockey and now that he can't play he's lost. He's depressed, only goes out to do his physical therapy and to pick up take out food.
Solana, the heroine has just gotten hired by her dream company. She's wanted to work there for years. The company is
We Like them Dark **
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Not only is Selena Laurence the queen of rockstar romances-but she has quickly swayed me to proclaim that she is also the queen of hockey romances! My weakness is hot hockey players, and let me tell you-it's hard to write a not so cliche sports romance! Selena Laurence has proven herself and truly did an amazing job with this story! I absolutely hope we get more of these hockey stars' story!
Mikhal has a career ending injury-and he's trying to find out what direction he's going to go in life now
Sonia
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
good book. fun sexy and sweet. mick is a hockey player millionaire playboy who losses his career because of an injury. solana is trying to make it in the marketing world and only wants to work for one company petrovich vodka, the same place mick does not want to end up working at, his family empire. So when they do meet she does not mention where she works for fear he will not want anything to do.with her, but she struggles daily feeling she can't have both love and job security. she has been le ...more
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Selena Laurence, I am so bloody happy to have stumbled across you and this book. When I saw the cover and title of this book I just had to read it skipping over the blurb. When I realized it was a hockey/billionaire romance I thought I died and went to book heaven. Mick/Mishka is a star hockey player injured and unable to play hockey anymore. His father wants him to take his rightful place in the family Vodka business, something he refuses to do. Solana/Solnishka is a young career oriented woman ...more
Becky
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review of this book.

OMG, I loved this book. Solana and Mick are two beautiful characters, who fall hopelessly in love with each other. They are, by in large, well adjusted people, so its just one simple lie... that has its own reasons for existing that causes them any trouble in this relationship.

I really fell in love with both the characters. Mick, despite being a buff and in my imagination large hockey player has a heart of gold. We first see that wi
Diane
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Selena Laurence's first hockey romance is a gem! Mick "The Czar" Petrovich loses his identity when a career ending hockey injury changes everything he thought about himself and sends him into a spin. Solana Warner only wants one thing in life: to have the job of her dreams as a junior marketing executive with Petrovich Vodka. But Solana soon discovers that her dream job with Petrovich Vodka and a romantic relationship with The Czar can't be mixed, shaken or stirred, so what's a girl to do? Stick ...more
Nancy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Selena can write a book I don't love! Now she writes a hockey romance and it's amazing!
The Czar is a story about family, responsibilities, honestly, forgiveness, understanding and love. All the characters are so enjoyable - from family, to friends, players, co-workers even Ambrose, the cat. I loved them all. Mick and Solana's chemistry is off the charts. The attraction is so strong, but an omission of truth has they relationship anything but simple. This book had me laughing, swoo
Cynthia Tatum reichel
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Solana and Czar is my second book that I have
read from Selena Laurence and I am a true fan of hers now. When you read one book you think yeap this a good writer, when you read a second book and it's amazing she is definitely an amazing writer. She has been able to put me into the story and she hooks you with that. I started it and could not put down. If you have not read her stories you must do.

Solana and Czar story is interesting and has many twist and turns. Solana always wanted to work for th
Miss
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the Powerplay series and some of the Lush books by this author so took this book up to read based on them.

A very different type of book to those aforementioned, the world of sports becomes a no-go for Mick after an injury. His life is now on track to work at his fathers corporation. The same corporation his very hot new neighbour happens to work for. Solana is not interested in anything but making it in her job. Coming out of her life of hard-knocks her hot neighbour and his sweet nan
Janice Cafarelli
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Selena again grabs your attention and you can't put the book down once you start reading it. Mick can no longer play hockey after his injury, doesn't want to go into the family business so goes on a downward spiral until he meets Solana. Solana finally lands a dream job in Mick's family business when she meets Mick ,while house sitting for a friend, and has to decide if she wants to spend time with him or lose her job as dating Mick is against company policy. Fear, family issues and lies continu ...more
Tianna✸loves books✸
Trust me I hated the h. I wanna slap her. She is working for a company which is apparently owned by the H's dad. And the company have a policy of no dating the family members as in the owners sons. And the h is house-sitting her professor, who is the neighbor of the H. And they start to fool around. BUT the bitch of heroine doesn't tell the H that she is working in their company. Oh god.....ugh.....how I hated the h. Yuck. Desperate bitch bimbo. Gold digger....
And the book was drag.
Nancy
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this modern romance from a new-to-me author. Ex-NHL player meets his apartment neighbor who works for his father's vodka company, which for various reasons she keeps secret. There was some humor, some heart and some sexy bits - the perfect trifecta. I'm surprised this is being billed as a stand alone instead of first in a series because there was a set up for his brother's story.
Caffenero
Probably I shouldn't have pick it up. I can't stand books filled with too much tropes and silly coincidence and this is one of them. However, I gave it 2 stars not for the little inaccuracies spread here and there (like a one day scruff on his face when he hold the Stanley cup... it's a tradition for hokey players to keep the beard until the end, isn't it?) but for the big fat lie. (view spoiler)
Andyi
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun romp, little hockey knowledge needed.

Sometimes these sports related stories need a decent if not working knowledge of the game. Fortunately for this hot number, its just a nice thing to have.
And i do mean hot! Mick and Solana have great chemistry, enough that most everyone else falls from focus... as does injury rehab and tedious days at the office. Wonder what the professor is going to say when she gets home to Ambrose...
Linda
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Czar

This was a great read. I loved the story line. Both people are trying to find what they really want. One after he loses his chosen career and the other as she graduates and goes after the career she has worked so hard for. They find each other just as they are starting to work through things. Strong characters, great love story, hard to put down. Definitely recommend.
Victoria
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book! I love me a hot and sexy hockey player. Mick and Solana's story will pull you in from the beginning. The storyline is well written and has characters you will fall in love with. Mick and Solana's chemistry is off the charts hot and steamy. This is a must read! I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Angela
I loved this book. The two MCs were a perfect match for each other. I'm curious about his brother and if he'll get a chance to tell his story. Deke needs a book, too. Heck, we just need a whole series for these guys!
Kelly
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun Billionaire read!

I really enjoyed reading this book. Solana and Mick had great chemistry and a real connection. I felt for Mick about losing his identity after hockey and how he evolved himself throughout the book.
Rosario Barrera
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great rainy day read

This book is funny and sexy. Mick is an injured hockey star and Solana a recent graduate. Their story is funny, complicated and includes a cat named Ambrose. I fully recommend.
Christina
DNF at 49%.

I made it halfway and I had to tap out. I kept waiting for something, anything to happen but alas, nothing... The storyline dragged and the characters aren’t likeable so there was very little to draw me in.

Next!
Kimme
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Czar

I liked the characters, I liked the story. I love that Mick was raised in my hometown and presumably went to my high school. Some aspects of the story confused me a little bit but oh well, move on and enjoy the entertainment..
Rachel
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I rarely dnf, but I could not get into it

I made it 70% in and gave up, the characters were flat and lifeless and there was just no chemistry between them.
Nicole
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never fails

Always love a cocky heir with a sexy body to go with it....Selena never disappoints. Great read. First NHL for me.

Het
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice plot. Could have been better with more good writing. Overall a good filler read.
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Punk me baby!
The perfect sweet sports romance book.
Rebecca Whaley
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Mick is awesome! This is well developed and such fun to read. Super hot hockey players are my kryptonite. I love them! Mick was so hot and easy to love. Solana is a great heroine and I love her spunk. Their chemistry is great and of course they are so well together. I loved everything about this and I hope that we get more hockey players in the future!

• Wide Open (Offensive Line, #3)
  • Inside Heat (Mustangs Baseball, #1)
  • The Winning Edge (Cold War, #1-2)
  • Fury (Alphas and Athletes #1)
  • Quarterback Blitz (Ink and Kink, #1)
  • Play It Safe (Glasgow Lads, #2.5)
  • Playing for Keeps (Play Makers #1)
  • The Tough Love Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • Benched Boxed Set
  • Free Agent (Boys of Fall)
  • Trying Sophie (Irish Rugby #1)
  • Quick Trick (Rough Riders Hockey, #1)
  • Gabe (Heartbreaker, #1)
  • The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey, #1)
  • Head Games (Buffalo Intimidators, #1)
  • Heller Brothers Hockey — A Five Book Hockey Romance Collection (Heller Brothers #1-5)
  • Defensive Zone (The Dartmouth Cobras, #2)
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
Romance Author | Coffee Drinker | Breaker of Tropes | Mother of Doodles

Selena Laurence is a USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author of One of a Kind Romance. She has published books in Contemporary Romance, New Adult Romance, Romantic Suspense, and Paranormal Romance. She’s also a curated contributor in non-fiction on Medium as SE Reed.

Selena lives in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado with he