Start by marking “I was born a boy, from Venus: It's time to be yourself” as Want to Read:
I was born a boy, from Venus: It's time to be yourself

I was born a boy, from Venus: It's time to be yourself

I am in the process of transitioning from male to female (MTF) at the age of sixty. I would like to share with you my extraordinary life, not only because I am transgender, but because I am an international person who has lived in many countries, gone to some of the best schools in the world, worked at management levels within international companies, and had many ...more
Kindle Edition
Published March 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about I was born a boy, from Venus, please sign up.
Ella Marques To increase transgender Awareness.
I would like you to understand this:
To increase transgender Awareness.
I would like you to understand this:
I am a transgender woman, I have been this way all my life. I was filled with guilt at a very young age, a victim of a society that did not understand what it means to be free and yourself. I tried to adapt and flee from my real self by being a workaholic, eating, drinking and doing all in extremes.
Do we have to do the same now to transgender kids? Do they have to suffer all their lives? What about giving them a chance to live like normal people and be happy?
Help to protect transgender kids from bullies, transphobia and hate. Give them a chance.
(less)

Start your review of I was born a boy, from Venus: It's time to be yourself
Heidi
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could write a book and not just a review.
Why?
Mostly, because I am very close, to Ella, (originally met as Fernando), her wife, Karin, and their daughter, Victoria, in a deep and soulful way.
Also, because, as a LifeStyle Balance Coach and Holistic Practitioner, I am naturally that much closer to them individually, as well as, their family dynamics on many levels.
They are each individually, and as a family, such gifts to me, each other, and the world.
This new journey in the path of their lives
Diann
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
An interesting read about the journey of a late-in-life M-F transgender. It is told with honesty and integrity. I got bogged down by the employment history, which did not seem to have much to do with her transition. I would have liked to have heard about her experiences as a trans person in the corporate world. Perhaps that will be the next book?

Thank you to Goodreads for the Giveaway copy of this book.
Jessica Hatch
Mar 07, 2018
Shirley
May 05, 2017
Ella Marques
May 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Luis Caiano
is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2017
weirdokay
Feb 03, 2018
Ella Marques
Mar 30, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Micielle
Apr 12, 2017
Elly
Apr 12, 2017
Hi Please send some feedback on this book 1 2 Apr 11, 2017 07:00AM
Ella Marques was born in Portugal in 1956 as a man. She went to Le Rosey a Boarding school in Switzerland, Studied Mechanical Engineering in London. She spent a large time of her life in Switzerland where she had a very good business career and made her MBA, She lived as well in Paris and sometime in Brazil.

Ella traveled all her life, has been in many countries in most continents and speaks seven