Start by marking “Baby Animals Playing” as Want to Read:
Baby Animals Playing

Baby Animals Playing

(Baby Animals)

Around the world, baby animals use play to learn and practice important skills. Whether it's baby lemurs climbing trees, giraffe calves galloping in the grass, or cheetah brothers wrestling, baby animals at play are not only adorable -- they can teach us about animal behavior, too.
The first in a new series, this book showcases ten species from three continents, each enga
Hardcover
Published October 15th 2017 by Owlkids

To ask other readers questions about Baby Animals Playing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Animals Playing

Jen
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a very cute and interesting book that I think young animal lovers will enjoy. The pictures were very clear and I completely envy the photographer in her adventures with these adorable and precious animals. 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4, as the young me was squee-ing for all she was worth. #softspotforbabyanimals.

My thanks to NetGalley and Owlkids Books for an eARC copy of this to read and review.
Donna Maguire
I do love a book on baby animals so was delighted to be able to read this one.
The images are nice bright and clear and the accompanying text is great.
Really enjoyable little book - 4 stars
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This book shows many animals playing with their mothers and siblings. Their purpose for play is exercise as well to learn how to behave as an adult. They need to be able to fight to survive in the wild when their mothers are not around to protect and defend them anymore as well as how to gather food and take care of themselves and their own families. The illustrations are beautiful photographs taken by Suzi Eszterhas, who is a wildlife photographer and animal activist. All the photos in this boo ...more
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
I'm probably a little biased because I personally loved this book. Is "too cute!" too bad of a term for a grown woman to use in describing her personal opinion of this book? Because that's the best I can do. Aside from that, I loved this book to show my child and incorporate it into his schooling. He loved the photos the most, of course, because he couldn't read the book on his own. However, as far as it being a read-along, the text is just as engaging as the photography for a child. We had fun ...more
Angela
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with beautiful photographs of baby animals at play, and explains how they are developing skills that will help them survive in the wild. The minimal text means this book could be used as a storytime read-aloud, although I would probably cut out a few pages and paraphrase the narration for a larger crowd. I really liked the meet the author section in the back, where she shared a few bonus photographs and talked about the stories behind them.
Ashley
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The world is awful, so why not take a break and look at some adorable baby animals being adorable? Baby Animals Playing delivers exactly what it promises and it's exactly what you need right now. Perfect for young kids and jaded adults alike. Because some days, we all just need to some some baby animals playing.
Melissa
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book of photography. I love to read these occasionally so my children can see good quality photos. The baby animals playing with the elephant poop is a real hit with my four year old son.
Esutterlin
Photographs great of baby animals, as advertised. ;-) But simple text is informative about apes, wild cats, bears etc. as well as about the wildlife photographer.
Highly recommend.
Alyssa Gudenburr
A super cute and informational book about baby animals playing. The pictures are too small for storytime but would make a great one-on-one story.
Quintina
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, juvenile, nonfiction
Gorgeous photographs!
Debbie Tanner
Super cute picture book of baby animals playing.
Karen Arendt
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The pictures alone are worth the five star rating but the text also gives you readers additional
Insight into the behaviors of these adorable baby animals.
PJ Sweeney
Oct 10, 2017
Samiel
Feb 01, 2018
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Melissa
Jennifer Rummel
May 03, 2018
Ron
Oct 14, 2017
  • Two Truths and a Lie: It's Alive!
  • How to Be an Elephant
  • Lesser Spotted Animals
  • Animal Ark: Celebrating Our Wild World in Poetry and Pictures
  • The Brilliant Deep: Rebuilding the World's Coral Reefs: The Story of Ken Nedimyer and the Coral Restoration Foundation
  • Cat Tales: True Stories of Kindness and Companionship with Kitties
  • The Boo-Boos That Changed the World: A True Story about an Accidental Invention (Really!)
  • My Awesome Summer by P. Mantis
  • Cute as an Axolotl: Discovering the World's Most Adorable Animals
  • Thirty Minutes Over Oregon: A Japanese Pilot's World War II Story
  • Grand Canyon
  • Stronger Than Steel: Spider Silk DNA and the Quest for Better Bulletproof Vests, Sutures, and Parachute Rope
  • Crossing Niagara: The Death-Defying Tightrope Adventures of the Great Blondin
  • Ocean Animals from Head to Tail
  • Ava and Taco Cat (Ava and Pip #2)
  • Chernobyl's Wild Kingdom: Life in the Dead Zone
  • Girl Running: Bobbi Gibb and the Boston Marathon
  • Give Bees a Chance
Wildlife photographer.

Baby Animals (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Baby Penguin Waddles
  • Lion Cub Roars (Baby Animals)
  • Piglets