Jump to ratings and reviews

Fear of Flying Workbook: Overcome Your Anticipatory Anxiety and Develop Skills for Flying with Confidence

Leads readers step-by-step with proven techniques that finally make it possible to conquer their fear of flying

You’ve tried to face your fear of flying, but the harder you try to control it, the worse it gets. This book teaches how to work constructively with your brain so you can address your anxiety in different ways that truly help you let go of the fear.

Packed with hands-on exercises, this book helps you better understand both the anticipatory anxiety prior to a flight as well as the fear experienced on board—and provides the tools needed to successfully fill the role of passenger,

• Questionnaires and fill-in-the-blanks
• Pre-flight checklists and practice flight itinerary
• In-flight panic journal and symptom graphs
• Symptom and response inventories
• Breathing and meditation exercises

Drawing from exposure therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy, the methods in this book will help

• Understand how you became afraid
• Discard safety objects and behaviors
• Identify signal fears and false alarms
• Use the AWARE steps onboard the plane
• Recognize and respond to symptoms
• Restore your ability to fly and travel

136 pages, Paperback

Published July 27, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

David A. Carbonell

7 books25 followers
David Carbonell, Ph.D. is a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in treating anxiety. He is the author of four self-help books: Panic Attacks Workbook, The Worry Trick, Fear of Flying Workbook, and Outsmart Your Anxious Brain. He is also the “coach” of the popular self-help site, anxietycoach, and his books are all available for purchase there. In his spare time, he is the founding member of The Therapy Players, an improvisational comedy troupe of professional psychotherapists in the Chicago area.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews
Profile Image for Samantha.
Author 23 books27 followers
September 8, 2022
I mean. I guess it's kind of useful. I'm still terrified though. I'm gonna fly, but I'll just be shit scared while I do it.
2 reviews1 follower
January 31, 2019
One of the best books on the subject. Helpful for other types of phobias as well.
16 reviews
June 4, 2019
This is a great book to read if you have a fear of anything. It has great insight into the science of fear and anxiety and provides real solutions on how to face them.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
January 6, 2020
I’ve read a lot of books to try and help me overcome my fear of flying, however this book has been the most useful. With exercises throughout to guide you along, it’s a new and effective approach to tackling this particular fear/phobia. An easy 5*, with much gratitude sent to the author!
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.