Start by marking “Firefly (Redemption, #2)” as Want to Read:
Firefly (Redemption, #2)

Firefly (Redemption #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  706 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
The next captivating installment in New York Times bestselling author Molly McAdams’s Redemption series.

As the Princess of the Irish-American Mob, there’s no shortage of men ready to help guard and protect me. To slowly suffocate me to the point of seeking freedom—a place where I can breathe.

Kieran Hayes has been saving me for as long as I can remember. It’s in his blood,
ebook
Published July 18th 2017 by Jester Creations, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Firefly, please sign up.

Sarah Yes, it's the second book in the series, but you absolutely do not need to read both books, while they occur in the same world they are only…moreYes, it's the second book in the series, but you absolutely do not need to read both books, while they occur in the same world they are only tangentially connected. No character crossover, no (real) storyline crossover, no cliffhangers. Each book is a complete standalone.(less)

Candace
While I enjoyed this book, it didn't blow me away like I had expected. Don't get me wrong. It was good. It just lacked that something extra that takes a book from good to great.

'Firefly' is the second book in Molly McAdams 'Redemption' series. If, like me, you expected this book to be very similar to the first book in the series, you'll be disappointed. The storylines are very loosely connected, but the stories are very different. Being that I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, but loved
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What happens when you fall in love with the wrong man?

Being the princess of an Irish-American Mob family isn’t easy. Constantly with a target on her back, Lily has been kept under protection for most of her life. With the murder of brother, that protection has went up ten fold causing her family to go as far as faking her own death. Trapped in an unwanted life and loving someone who’s purpose is to keep you safe, has Lily feeling there’s more to this life than just hiding.

Getting a taste of f
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Beautiful stars ❤

I'm addicted to this series, each book is unique.I had so many feelings while I was reading it, the writing is flawless and in some parts poetic!Firefly was a complicated story with many twists.There were moments that I was on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen next!

Lily and Dare's love is intoxicating,intense,sweet and so beautiful.I never could imagine that these two could make such an amazing couple
, but they are so perfect for each other!!

The romance is so dif
A.L. Jackson
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing intense, sexy novel from Molly McAdams. I have been reading her for years and she has never disappointed!
Olga therebelreader
I found the characters to be boring and two-dimensional.
Unfortunately, this book didn't work for me...

In short:
Hero 2/5 | Heroine 2/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 2/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | Steam 1/5 | Romance 2/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 0/5 | Secondary Characters 1/5 | Drama-Conflict 3/5 | Mystery 1/5 | Twists 2/5 | Pacing Fast | Action 2/5
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Firefly is AMAZING!!! It's dark yet filled with hope, love and a well deserved HEA! I am still thinking about Dare, Kieran & Lily a week later!

Full review to come closer to release date.

ARC provided for a voluntary and honest review.
Courtney
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
ALL THE STARS!!!!!!

How can one author's words make you feel so deeply??? I don't think there is another author out there like Molly McAdams that is able to reach into the depths of my heart and make me feel the things I feel with every single one of her books.

Last year was the first time since 2012 that I read another of her books because she crushed with me Taking Chances and From Ashes. Don't get me wrong, those two books are 5+++ star books for me, but my heart ached the emotions those boo
Ari (The Daydreaming Bookworm)
I swear if this book is about who I think it's going to be about I'M READY!

description
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
4.5 STARS!
"Anywhere I go, I'll be waiting for you to find me lighting up the dark."
Just WOW—I couldn't wait to get my hands on Firefly as I LOVED Blackbird so, so, SO MUCH and Molly knocked it out of the park with this one.
Firefly was just as dark and intense as Blackbird but the suspense, the fire, the brilliance of this story took it to a whole other level.
Poor Lily, the Princess of the Irish-American Mob trapped in a life that she doesn't want. Her heart loving yet hating the one man she has
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends

This book gives a whole new meaning to the game of “Truth or Dare”!

With the Irish Mafia at its roots, this was definitely a book that I was going to savour, especially with the key protagonists love story was formed in the midst of two warring mob families.

The heroine in this story is emotionally broken following the death of her brother during a burglary to which she had a front row seat. As a result, Lily O’Sullivan’s dreams of escaping her family's legacy with the one man that she has always
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

“Truth or dare,”
“Dare.”“Lie to me . . . ruin me. Just let yourself love me.”

Lawd have mercy! This book just ruined me in all possible ways. Firely is yet another book of Molly McAdams I will treasure for the rest of my life. I am not just captivated with the story, I am obsessed with it. Surely, Molly McAdams knows how to make her readers not just feel, she knows how to etched and engraved her words to her reader's heart and mind. She did mine. In fact, I still have a book hungover an
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

"Without love, there would be no reason to stand back up and fight. Without love, there would be no reason to live."

Here I sit hours after reading, still STUNNED SPEECHLESS from Firefly by Molly McAdams, a STUNNING STORY that stole, stripped, and shattered both my heart and soul. It's as if this story was my perfect match, my soulmate in words. Firefly felt like it was made for me: MY PERFECT STORM.

This story stole my breath, where I was left gasping for air. This story stole my soul, a soul
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Liz
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Blackbird. The characters, the story, the feels were all amazing. So I could not wait to read Firefly, book two in Molly McAdams’ Redemption series. And I was not disappointed. It was just as captivating and emotional.

Lily O’Sullivan is the daughter of an Irish-American mobster and the princess of the family. As such she was trapped in a life she never asked for. After devastating events, her life becomes almost a prison with no escape. Loving one man, she hoped for more, but instead fo
Rebecca Wash
And my slump continues...
Nancy Metsch
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not going to lie, this was a very INTENSE book., so intense that I had to put it down for periods of time, but then all of a sudden the tide changed. I found that I couldn't put the book down at all.
Again I have to stand up and clap for Molly McAdams. She stepped out of the box again. The Redemption series is unlike anything she has written before.
Besides intense it was very dark. I cried a few times. But I was eating my heart out alot as well. You need to read this book to understand what I
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Light Up the Dark Stars ~

FULL REVIEW to come for the Blog Tour..... Truly another AMAZING read by Molly McAdams!! This is a definite 1-click read once it is released!!! Don't miss out on this book.

FULL REVIEW Now Posted::
Holy Firefly!!! What an amazing ride. Molly McAdams knows how to take your heart and emotions on a rollercoaster ride.

Firefly is the second book in her Redemption Series and it was just as jaw dropping and int
Aɤɩ
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When this book comes in the mail!!!!!
Christine
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Wow.....make sure you have time to read this book all at once because you are not gonna want to put it down...and prepare to be put on a rollercoaster! To say you get wrapped up in the storyline and all the emotions would be an understatement.

Lily.....oh poor Lily.....In love for years with her mob assassin, protector, underboss to her father boyfriend Kieran. He will do anything to protect her....anything. Lily however has so many facets to her and her story will have you salivating fo
LA Spiez
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star-reads
You know you always have that one author that no matter what you're reading, if their book comes out, you drop everything and read it? Everybody has one. Mine is Molly McAdams. And yes I stopped what I was reading because Firefly appeared on my Kindle and well, I HAD TO READ IT.

In case you don't know, Firefly is the second book in Molly's Redemption series. It's a departure from the usual Molly. But I promise it is absolutely fantastic. I loved the first book, but omg Firefly just blew me away.
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

It’s been a while since I have read a book by Molly McAdams and I had forgotten how beautifully she can break your heart and soul only to repair them one again. Firefly is the second book in the series and can be read as a standalone. I didn’t want to put this one down. What if your enemy is the one you fall in love with, what if the one you used to love ends up pushing you away while trying to protect you and wh
Nicole Sands
Lily O’Sullivan is a mobster princess, trapped in a life she never wanted, and after devastating events, becomes a prisoner in her own home. Kieran Hayes, mob assassin aka Nightshade, is the man who spent his life loving her and would do anything to protect her, even give his own life to save hers. They planned a future together, and he promised to take her away from the nightmare they were forced to live in, but after waiting so many years for that to happen Lily lost faith in Kieran.
"Because
Kimberlys
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ohhh-suspense-yo
Oh what you do to my heart Molly McAdams! Other hit as far as I am concerned. This book is just...ahhhh I can't put into words. If you know Molly McAdams you know you are going to get a story that will give you the mother of all book hangovers, and a story so rich and real you feel like you are part of it. I love love love this book.

photo Logow-stuff_zpsf1b94j8f.png
Melanie
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. It kept me guessing all throughout the book and the characters were so developed...perfection.
Shauna Salley
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truth or Dare?

Truth - I love all of Molly's books. She has a way with words that sucks you in. Her characters can seem so real that you feel their emotions with them. In Firefly my heart broke for characters when I didn't think it was possible and I felt claustrophobic with Lily. I love that she is willing to step out of the ordinary with her books.

Dare - Pick up this book as soon as you can. With characters like Kieran, Demitri, Lily and the rest of the gang it will be nearly impossible to do
Mary Tatar
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Move over Romeo and Juliet, I think I have a new favorite tragic love story. I know it's Shakespeare and one of the oldest and treasured love stories ever, but seriously Firefly was one of the best books I have ever read. I do love a good mafia romance, and that is one of the many reasons that attracted me to the book. Once I started reading about Lily, I just couldn't stop. I love Mollie's other books, but she really went well beyond any expectations I had. This book was flawless, and I know I ...more
LaTonya
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down. Okay I had to put it down to be an adult but I didn't want too. This book was beautiful!

I am a sucker for the Romeo and Juliet styled stories. Move over Gage because Dare is now my favorite of Molly's guys!

This is different from other work Molly has done just like Blackbird but it just shows that she can write anything she wants! I am truly loving this Redemption series!!
Nicole Janko
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truth or Dare

Truth: you won't be able to put his book down! Firefly and Blackbird (redemption series) are beyond what Molly has written before.
I thought Blackbird had topped all of Molly's books for me then here comes Firefly. It's got a Romeo and Juliet vibe but it's so much more intense.

Dare: I dare you to read this book.

"We were like fire, but fire never lasts. And when it's over, devastation is left in its wake."
Red Cheeks Reads

Ever since Lily's last brother was murdered and she was nearly kidnapped from the rival mob family, her life has been a prison. No one can know the mob princess lives so they keep her trapped inside and the worse part is, her main captive is the man she once loved, Kieran. Kieran and Lily were meant to run away from it all but the fear of someone hurting Lily has made Kieran the infamous killer and near right hand man for Lily's father who she detests. Lily has a secret though, every Monday she
Tiffany Readz
This Series is Growing on Me

While not a huge fan of Blackbird, Firefly grabbed my attention. Maybe not right away, but Molly McAdams sets up one crazy mafia story then takes her readers on an angst filled ride until the end. Firefly is the second book in the redemption series, you do not need to read the first to know what's going on this time around.

"...I hadn't just grown up in this life, I'd been groomed to stay in it."

Lily has been in hiding by her fathers hand for four years. After yet anot
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more
More about Molly McAdams...

Redemption (3 books)
  • Blackbird (Redemption, #1)
  • Nightshade (Redemption # 3)

“Then give me your days and nights. Give me your forever.”
“They’re yours if you’ll wait for me to light up the after.”
0 likes