Start by marking “Paper Girls, Vol. 3 (Paper Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Paper Girls, Vol. 3 (Paper Girls, #3)

Paper Girls, Vol. 3

(Paper Girls #3)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  7,966 Ratings  ·  910 Reviews
The multiple Eisner and Harvey Award-winning series from BRIAN K. VAUGHAN and CLIFF CHIANG continues, as newspaper deliverers Erin, Mac and Tiffany finally reunite with their long-lost friend KJ in an unexpected new era, where the girls must uncover the secret origins of time travel... or risk never returning home to 1988.
Collects issues 11 through 15!
Published August 8th 2017 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Paper Girls, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Girls, Vol. 3

karen
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
 photo IMG_3080_zpszcpzmtmn.jpg

so, i’m enjoying this series, inasmuch as i am still intrigued by what the heck is happening, but this issue is just more questions with no resolution to previous questions and no real indication that the story is heading in a direction where we can gather our breaths and start making progress towards anything resembling a cohesive storyline.

this issue is a mix of past, present, and “other”

photo IMG_3087_zpsqarzftjc.jpg

where harsh truths are spoke, albeit in bewildering terms

photo IMG_3077_zpspevxeqwv.jpg

the magic of womanhood descends

photo IMG_3079_zpscubc5vg7.jpg

dissatisfactio
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Still loving it!
David Schaafsma
It's like all of the eighties Sci-Fi adventures, all of them, all at once. With twelve-year-old girls Erin, Mac and Tiffany finally reuniting with their long-lost friend KJ. Three volumes, three different settings, girls in peril, but no, they are not helpless victims, but ass-kickers.

All the gleeful pop references we come to expect from Vaughn: Hitchhiker’s Guide, Bam Bam, Crankshaft, Calvin and Hobbes, Cathy, Stephen King, and on and on. And then there’s the 12 year old girl stuff: periods, gi
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
WUT
Shannon
I honestly think the author might be pulling ideas out of a hat instead of having a coherent plan for where the plot will go. Last issue sealed it for me—I'm abandoning this series. I just don't know what it's trying to be anymore and I'm either confused or annoyed after each issue.

Individual issue reviews: #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15

Total review score: 1.8
Donovan

No joke, Paper Girls is my all time favorite on-going series.

It's fucking fun. It's just crazy fun zany fantasy. And the thing is, Vaughan is building to a pretty good mystery. I really wanna know where this is going. And I'm fascinated by the development that's happening with the characters.

The artwork is industry best. Cliff Chiang's illustrations are bold and iconic, and paired with Matt Wilson's eye-watering colors, this shit is top notch. Hell, I'd read this comic just for the artwork.

I'
Kate (GirlReading)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am loving this series so much. I'm just mad at myself right now for thinking there were more volumes out because the wait from now until next year is going to be so painful!! Having said that, it would have been impossible for me to not binge read this series. It's so incredibly addictive and fast paced, I've already read it twice over! I adore the artwork, the characters and the utterly bizarre plot line, that doesn't always make sense or seem to be going anywhere but for some reason that's t ...more
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2017, graphic-novels
Another great volume! If this series keeps turning out awesome volumes like this one, this could turn into another one of my favourite comic series. I love the story, the writing, the girls, the illustrations and the colours. I still can't believe I went from rating the first volume 2 stars to rating the second and third volumes 4 stars. I'm really impressed with this and I can't wait for the next one! I would definitely recommend this.
Bradley
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. So much wilder than the first volume, although the second comes close.

How about we skip along to the part where we're 13k in the past and the creator of time travel and Erin's DISTANT ancestor (maybe) catches all these girls in a caveman-esq borrowed technological romp with a slowly evolving and unfolding revelation about the nature of the 4th dimension?

Yup.

This is just my speed. And it's nicely f***ed up.

Welcome to the '18 Hugo nominations for the best graphic novel!

Would I choose this or
Kaitlin
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one is the volume which is on the shortlist for #BooktubeSFF 2018 and so I just read through the first two volumes so I could move on to this one.

First up, I am definitely happy I got these from the library, as this series just isn't one I am a big fan of. I find this too all over the place, and a bit backwards in regards to some of the decisions with the speech of the characters. I know it's set in the 80s, but I find it just too cringe-worthy at times, and I definitely don't think that t
Lauren
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it

Hmmmmm...this volume of Paper Girls didn't really captivate me as the previous two. I can completely understand why some people don't like this series and at times it strikes me that Vaughan is literally making the plot up as he goes along.

I think for me this volume lacked excitement and there weren't as many twists as I would have liked. The artwork was still top-notch (as always) and the colouring was beautiful but plot-wise, Paper Girls 3 left me feeling a bit cold.

I still have no
Chad
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now the girls have entered prehistoric caveman times. I love the 80's references, especially when they ripped on Cathy. I think everyone feels the same way about that terrible comic strip. Vaughan does tie up one little timey-wimey thing with the field hockey stick. We also meet the inventor of time travel. Still loving the series and looking forward to see where the Paper girls are headed next.
Kai
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
FINALLY, this series experienced a glow-up and managed to draw me in like it should have from the start. It was the first time I actually let go of my surroundings and got lost in the story. Can't wait for Vol. 4!
Manisha
It's still interesting... The world is creative and the world building is AMAZING! But I'm still confused. I don't understand what's happening.

Crystal Starr Light
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, image
Bullet Review:

I'm of two minds about this:

1) I love it. The same way I loved "Ready Player One" with its cheesy 80's nostalgia vibe, I love this. I can't wait to see what happens next.

2) I don't think Vaughan even knows what's happening next, and this will be a trainwreck of the likes of LOST.

I kinda need to read this from the beginning, because I can barely even remember where this began. But I'm going to ride out the first mind as long as I can, enjoying the good vibes while I have the chance.
Auntie Terror
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: borrowed
This series continues to grip me. Admittedly, it gets weirder and weirder, and it's hard to remember that the girls were actually paper delivery girls in the beginning. But it has an amazing story unfolding, and slowly we start getting clues as to what might have happened between the original timeline of the girls and the future timeline and its inhabitants which they get into contact with.

As I said before, if you know what a demogorgon is and wish you had one as a pet, get the books right now.
Aya Hamza
3.5 stars.
This volume is my favorite so far, but not the best thing I have ever read.

This was quite dark, but I am still confused about certain things that happened.
Also, it had a bit of possible romantic relationship which is nice & didn't expect.
Anali
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-comic

Realmente me gusta este comic aunque la mitad del tiempo no tenga ni idea de lo que esta sucediendo. Paper Girls Vol. 3 me pareció un buen volumen, pero sigo prefiriendo el segundo. Sin embargo, si me resulto un poco más confuso que los anteriores. Creo que mientras más intento entender, menos comprendo. A pesar de todo, estoy muy enganchada.

Dejando de lado toda la confusión y las nuevas peguntas, me pareció un volumen muy interés y ágil. La historia es entretenida, es adictiva y tiene elementos
Tom Ewing
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While the exact plot of Paper Girls remains inscrutable, three arcs is enough to get a handle on what the series does and how it feels. What it does, so far at least, is have its single volumes follow a simple structure within an overall architecture we're only seeing in glimpses. How it feels is awesome.

So this third volume does the same things the first two did. The girls arrive in a new setting and figure out its rules: when it is, who they can trust, who they maybe can't, and what the stakes
Dennis
A 2018 Hugo nominee for Best Graphic Story
___________________________

This time the girls turn up in 11,706 BCE. KJ is back on board, but they left Future Erin behind in 2016.

So the original crew from Paper Girls Vol. 1 is back together and still trying to make sense of what’s happening to them, since they found that time machine back in good old 1988.
description
Unfortunately Vaughan is also back to the somewhat convoluted storytelling of the first volume. And while he throws in a nice time loop scenario a
Melissa Chung
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmm volume 3 what to say about it. I think it has been too long between volumes. When I first picked up Paper Girls I was really excited about the 80’s references and the sci-if aspect. Now it’s just getting too weird and I’m not sure where we are headed. The girls find themselves again in a different time period. What is their mission? Are they supposed to get back to ‘88 or are they supposed to find out who is behind all the future time traveling technology. Is this like a Terminator thing whe ...more
fortuna.spinning
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was decent. I have to admit that I'm a little confused, but I think I'm supposed to be. I still really loved the duo-chromatic (is this a real term? 🤷🏼♀) scenes. The story is compelling enough that I'll read the next volume when it's published. ...more
☽ MaryJane ✨
Honestly I could probably copy and paste my review for volume 2, and drop it here. The art continues to wow me and the plot continues to confuse me (in an I’m entertained and need to know whats going on kind of way). But overall volume 3 was just a lot more fun and entertaining than vol 2.

Unfortunately we still don’t get many clear answers here, but the story doesn’t prompt any new questions in this volume, so I personally was fine with the lack of answers because at this point it just feels li
Leah
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yada yada yada still not getting the whys or reasonings for the plot yada yada yada. Doesn't matter. I'm done with hurting my brain on a concept that I don't get in this situation other than on a very basic level.

This volume was so cool! The Paper Girls (Erin, KJ, Tiffany, and Mac) continue to show their adaptability well beyond what an adult would probably do in the same scenarios. BKV shows that kids/teens really have the strength and the flexibility to deal with situations that may seem "too
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The girls travel back in time, to a prehistoric era. They meet a girl running from the madmen of her tribe that are after her baby. Also, monsters.

Weird and action packed fun.

Volume 3 contains issues 11-15.
Erica
Honestly, I have no idea why I like this series so well.
I still don't know what it's about.
I mean, I do know what it's about on a general plotline level, but I don't know what it's about and it's such a mish-mash of everything.

This particular installment is slow and it drops us all in the Pleistocene era on maybe not even our planet. There's a young woman and her baby running from the baby's 3 fathers who are these muscled mud men of DOOOOOM. Or something.
Plus! There's a woman from the way futur
Perry Gough
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This series has got worse after starting so well. Vaughan and Chang are excellent but the series is abit boring now.
Stewart Tame
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is still going strong. I'm often leery of stories involving time travel because they're so easy to do badly. They're often either overly convoluted to the point of confusion, or just stale retreads of plots that have been done countless times before. Vaughan avoids both pitfalls, delivering one of the best time travel stories I've ever read. Okay: the ending of the volume with the girls getting dumped into a fresh situation, seemingly in the present or near future, is quite the clich ...more
Elizabeth A
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, graphix, kids-ya
I think I might need one of those universal translator thingies so I can figure out what the heck is going on here. Every installment has the four girls and their future selves in different times and places, and this one is the craziest of them all so far. Are we in the future or the past? Does it matter? Time folds in on itself in dizzying ways, but the art continues to be really good, the girls continue to be brave and work on figuring out what is going on, and usual teen stuff keeps surfacing ...more
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

3.5
Madison Mega-Mara...: #66 Paper Girls v3 by Brian K. Vaughan 1 1 Oct 29, 2017 07:20AM
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo

Paper Girls (5 books)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (Paper Girls, #1)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 2 (Paper Girls, #2)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 4 (Paper Girls, #4)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5 (Paper Girls, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Chronicles, #1)
  • 14
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99