Start by marking “Gateway to the Past (The Last Bucelarii #3)” as Want to Read:
Gateway to the Past (The Last Bucelarii #3)

Gateway to the Past

(Hero of Darkness #3)

Protect the innocent at any cost

The Hunter, legendary assassin of Voramis, has been given a second chance.
He will safeguard Hailen, the boy he rescued from a demon, against any threat—mortal or immortal.
Though he joins a caravan in the hope of safe passage across the vast emptiness of the Advanat Desert, he cannot outrun his enemies: the Illusionist Cleric on a holy miss
Published March 31st 2017 by J. Ellington Ashton Press

To ask other readers questions about Gateway to the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gateway to the Past

Dianne
Review coming on Release Day!

I received an ARC edition from Andy Peloquin in exchange for my honest review.

Series: The Last Bucelarii - Book 3
Publisher: J. Ellington Ashton Press (March 31, 2017)
Publication Date: March 31, 2017
Genre: Epic Fantasy - Dark
Print Length: 397 pages
Available from: Amazon
For Reviews & More: http://tometender.blogspot.com
Deborah
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy
The Hunter is no longer alone. Now he travels with the boy, Hailen, a special child, touched by one of the gods, so his understanding of the world around him is different from others. He does not know fear, or understand that some people are not nice.
In Hailen’s company, the Hunter is not plagued by his internal demon. Keeping Hailen with him is both a selfish choice – to preserve his own sanity – and a selfless one, as he struggles to keep the boy from harm. Unfortunately, being what he is, tr
M.L. Spencer
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gateway to the Past is Book 3 in Andy Peloquin’s The Last Bucelarii series.
The Hunter is a driven, conflicted, cold-nerved killer. That’s what I love about him. There’s never a dull moment around this guy.
He’s also rather sexy, if you’re into the bad-boy type.
This is actually my introduction to Peloquin’s series, so I’m a Book Three walk-in. Nevertheless, I never felt compelled to put the book down and start over from the beginning. There is enough background to feed new readers while keeping th
gary
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good inspite of itself

Yeah, the story is compelling, but, there is too much repetition of the whole "voices in my head" angst. I get it, I really do but it was the same thing presented in the same way at least once a chapter.
Other bits that irritate are the way that the demon is once again quite one dimensional, just like the previous ones. I had some hope that it would be shown to be a bit more of a character, I mean there were hints, but that was then snatched from the jaws by brutal events. I
SUZAN C.
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3, in The Hero of Darkness series takes you straight into the fray between the desert thieves bent on stealing away all the fortune and children of a traveling caravan and the Hunter, protector of the caravan. With his trusty blade Soulhunger, Hailen - the boy he rescued from Darkblade Outcast, and the demon voice that constantly taunts him, the Hunter of Voramis is once against thrust into battles and situations that he can't help finding himself in. But this time, the Hunter has a straigh ...more
Rita
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An exciting and glorious third book in The Last of The Buselarii series, but by no means the last book. There will be more.

Here in this third book of The Last Bucelarii we find the Hunter seeking answers to the questions of who he really is and who is the mysterious woman he sees in his dreams. Unfortunately for him, the answers only bring him pain and confusion. However, they are beginning to give him a better idea of who he was and what he was doing before his memories were wiped out by an ins
Tiffany Landers
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Last Bucelarii: Gateway to the Past by Andy Peloquin
I really didn’t think Andy Peloquin could possibly wow me anymore than he already has. I was wrong. In Gateway to the Past, book three in The Last Bucelarii series, the story only continues to expand, the characters grow exponentially, and the plot thickens.
Andy Peloquin created a world in books one and two in which the Hunter, an assassin, continues to fight his naturally inherited instincts to kill and finds himself fighting to help thos
Lavern Winters
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! The plot and character development is excellent. The story is exciting and full of adventure. The Hunter is sort of an anti-hero that draws you in and you just have to like him and sometimes feel sorry for him even though he isn't a particularly good guy. A world in which this part of the saga takes place in an area and during a time that is reminiscent of 12th-16th century Persia. A dark fantasy where the protagonist, the Hunter, is half human and half demon assassin. He has a blade ...more
Pandora  Phoenix
Ok, I picked this series up as a random. It was surfing Kindle Unlimited Fantasy and thought it looked worth my time.
It wasn't.
But I plodded on. I kept going, reading Books I-4 in 4 days. I had my kindle read it to me while I work (seamstress work leaves my imagination free).
I ameas going to do separate reviews but, why? I'll take a page from the authors book and just do one review and copy/paste it over and over again.

The author has a solid base story but repeats and recaps everything from w
Bertha Alicia
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: This series is not suitable for cardiac patients!
Our poor Hunter faces demons, crazy priests, killer dancers, desert bandits... In short, a variety of enemies with a common goal: they all want to destroy him!
I think this book is the best of the first three books in the series. It is full of action and our hero (or anti-hero?) shows us his most human side: he cares for an orphaned child to the point of agreeing to murder a king so that his captors free the boy without hurting him.
An exc
Mel
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely worth the money!

Loved every book in this series! I feel addictive to follow the storyline of the Hunter, what an fantastic read you will not be disappointed.
I can't wait to get the next one, hopefully it will not take long? No clue when book four comes out.
I hope he will get his answer he seeks.
He went through so much and I hope he will stop what he started. Now he has Hailen back, he knows he can't keep him but I believe he has an important role to play for the Hunter.
What a great r
Frank Geimer
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I thought this story couldn't get any better, Andy has proven me wrong. This third installment of the Darkblade series is exciting, keeps you on the edge of your seat, wondering whether the Hunter is going to make it or not. I can't wait to see what happens next in this fast moving and incredible story!
Tanya
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
he finds a boy and he must protect her and they join a caravan which will take them where he needed to go to. the closer he gets the more he learns of his past and hopefully leads him to the girls of his dreams, can he find everything before he is caught. again. this is a great ending to the series
Silver Surfer
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book three in the series. This is a brilliant book, full of nonstop action from start to finish. The Hunter never ceases to amaze me. Finding his softer side now as well. Cannot wait for the next one or to see what happens next. Very highly recommended must read.
Pauline Haney Hughes
Book # 3 in the Dark Blade series!

Again an awesome read. The Story continues packed with action, adventures and danger from every side. Andy Peloquin is an excellent writer and story teller. If you like dark fantasy I recommend this series of books.
Joey Calvey
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend

This book is great Epic Fantasy. In some ways it reminds me of the Thieves World Series, but a little darker. I really like the main character, even with all of his flaws. I read this on Kindle unlimited and it is really worth the download.
alicia
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An epic fantasy

Can't keep writing the same praises with every book in the series. To say they are in my estimation fantastic edge of the seat rollercoasting thrilling adventures. Great friends and foes with a twist here and there. Real shame to pass this series by.
Leonardo Dearie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not have been more

This anthology is well written and thoroughly thought out with continuity and entertaining action fights some pretty steamy and entertaining fiction.
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling read

The tale continues with more demons in disguise or is it humans wearing demons? The saga is ongoing action with "The hunter" still fighting the demon voice.
Hector
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This hunter book was a different direction from his normal assassin ways but a good read
Heather Kirchhoff
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's definitely a page turner. It has so much action in it. I'm honestly amazed at the Hunter's determination to keep going. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Nicholas Hart
Starting to feel a little stale, in my opinion...
Freda
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series. The hunter has grown in each book despite himself. As with the other books, there is an amazing combination of action and story that it’s just adrenaline heightening each time.
juliette dempsey
A Maze Ing

A riot of blood and battle. I Loved every bit of this book.
The more we learn of our hero the darker he seems, yet still we want him to survive.
I look forward to more
Shane Sander
Okay

Story quite good but rather repetitive. In theory the books could be shorter or a smaller series. Will look to read the others.
Stanley
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!

The Hunter is a great character. Love his development through the series. Has a great story and I could not put it down.
Fawn
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you make your way through book one and two then you will keep up here too. There is still much inner torment that you begin to feel pull you down. Our Destroyer fights for good yet still brings death. The devastation he feels about it makes it hard to keep going at times. But the innocent young Hailen gives him strength and purpose.
Dawn
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure you all know by now that Andy Peloquin is one of the best fantasy writers out there right now, so it goes without saying that if you enjoyed books 1 and 2 you will love this one.
The characters grow even more in "Gateway to the Past" and we learn a little more about the Hunter and his past. The world expands as we get to travel to new places. We get pulled in further to this richly embellished realm. We gasp, we wipe away a tear or two, and we even chuckle in a few places.
You need to rea
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This new volume of the adventures of the Hunter of Voramis is as action-packed as anything I've read. There is not a dull moment as the Hunter races against time to save the child who has come to mean so much to him. As the demon and the human battle for supremacy in his nature, his ultimate redemption is foreshadowed in his love, although he does not yet recognise it as this, for the child - yet, the child himself has undergone a strange transformation.

Younger readers may take this series as a
Patricia
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I  was so excited when this showed up on my kindle to read . I love this series so much . The first book pulled me in and the second book had me hooked . This book just kept me on the edge of me seat.  This book dives deeper into the Hunter and what is fueling him as he tries to out run some demons and getting closer  to the secrets of his past .
    When we meet the Hunter again he and his young charge Hailen is heading away from the city. They join a caravan where things get pretty bad and the

• A Boy Called Duct Tape
  • Knightfall (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #1)
  • Domino Falls (Devil's Wake, #2)
  • This Crumbling Pageant (The Fury Triad #1)
  • What Happened In Vienna, Jack?
  • September Sky (American Journey, #1)
  • Dirty Deeds (Likely Story, #1)
  • The Stones of Kaldaar (Song of the Swords, #1)
  • Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
  • Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)
  • Blaze of Secrets (Asylums for Magical Threats, #1)
  • Bad Ass Faeries
  • Just A Game
  • Egypt Rising
  • Witness to my Heart
  • Silverhawk
  • The Lost Prince (The Dark Border, #1)
  • Starblood
I am, first and foremost, a storyteller and an artist--words are my palette. Fantasy is my genre of choice, and I love to explore the darker side of human nature through the filter of fantasy heroes, villains, and everything in between. I'm also a freelance writer, a book lover, and a guy who just loves to meet new people and spend hours talking about my fascination for the worlds I encounter in t ...more

Hero of Darkness (7 books)
  • Darkblade Assassin (Hero of Darkness #1)
  • Darkblade Outcast (Hero of Darkness #2)
  • Darkblade Seeker (Hero of Darkness #4)
  • Darkblade Slayer (Hero of Darkness #5)
  • Darkblade Savior (Hero of Darkness #6)
  • Darkblade Justice (Hero of Darkness #7)