Start by marking “Plight” as Want to Read:
Plight

Plight

Plight [plahyt]
Noun: a difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation.
Verb: pledge or solemnly promise. Be engaged to be married.

Elliot Parker was my best friend. When we were eight years old, he gave me a cheese ring, pushed it onto my finger, and asked me to marry him.
I ate the cheese ring.
I also said, “Yes” but that we’d have to wait until we were thirty years old.
Two
ebook
Published May 29th 2017 by K.M. Golland (first published May 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Plight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plight

Start your review of Plight
MoodyJess
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PLIGHT was a lovely surprise.
I had no idea what I was getting into, but I am so glad I took the plunge.

Receiving a Facebook message from a guy Danielle swore she would never hear from or see again, especially after not being in contact for more than 22 years is a little bizarre. Elliot has a knack for timing, and his timing is spot on. A pact made years ago has not been lost on him and he is doing everything in his power to ensure his proposal to the girl of his dreams he made when they were 8,
Hilary
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For over a year I waited. Waited for the trademark humor, the unexpected love, the emotions, and the heat. I waited to meet another irresistible man to swoon over.

Well the wait is over and Golland delivers it all!

Plight kidnapped me and took me on an unforgettable series of fortunate events where 2 childhood best friends found their way back to their friendship, and so much more.

I laughed until I cried at the smartly written humor. KM Golland is RomCom. No one writes it quite like she does.

T
Anne OK

At eight years old, a little girl said yes to his cheesy proposal. Twenty-two years later and seventeen of those apart, they are getting a second chance. They say that three's the charm -- but in this case six is the fix!

In alternating points of view, Elliot and Danielle's storybook romance is a whole lot dreamy and definitely whimsical and far-fetched in a charming way. Really cute though with plenty of witty dialogue and a couple of bumps along the way. Quick read that will definitely end wit
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I just adored this story! It killed me every time I had to put it down (which was a lot), life kept getting in the way. But in a good way it made it last longer and I got to enjoy the story that much more.

As always K.M. Golland has written a romantic, fun, emotional, page turner with characters you'll simply fall in love with. I did!

Would I recommend this book? Yes, yes I would. Preorder your copy... like right now!! https://www.amazon.com/Plight-K-M-Gol...
Here's the link to make things easier
Love Baker
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book!! This author!!
She amazes me EVERYTIME I read one of her books..

Her ROM Com has such different feel than other rom coms that I have read.

as I got to know Danielle and Lots and their history together I I fell more and more in love with these characters. I love that he never gave up hope that she would be his. their banter back and forth was wonderful and made me snort laugh more than once. so if you are looking for a feel-good , laugh out loud , story , with a little bit of angst tied i
Tash
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

Plight is the typical Golland affair that I have come to know and love from this author. Good dose of humour and loveable characters who have a heart stirring story to tell. Capturing the innocents of children, Golland weaves a story that you don’t want to put down as she makes her latest story so relatable and adoreable. As kids we all probably imagine a Cheezel or two to be a wedding rin
Three Chicks
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Lisa Kane

Danielle Cunningham is one week past her thirtieth birthday. She is reminded of that fact when she receives a private Facebook message from Elliot Parker, an old friend she has not heard from in seventeen years. When they were kids, they were promised to each other, he put a Cheezel on her finger (think a cheese puff but shaped like a ring) and the deal was sealed. Now Elliot has come to collect.

Elliot Parker is insane if he thinks that a private Facebook message stip
Whoo Gives A Hoot
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review...

OMG! Recently the genre Romantic Comedy has become one of my favorites and this book just proves exactly why! From the cover to the first page, K.M. Golland hooks her readers in with this hilariously funny romantic story that is a unique tale. This was my first book from this author, but after laughing my way through this story I know it probably won't be my
Escape into a Booksite
*4 Stars*

This was my first KM Golland book, even though its been sitting on my shelf for a while. I purchased this on recommendation from a friend, at SAE nearly two years ago. Whoopsie to me for waiting for so long to get it. I read this in one sitting.

This was a fun friends to lovers read, which is also kind of a second chance romance I guess. In a way. Maybe. I liked Elliott and Danielle, and it was clear they were meant to be together. The main problem just laid within Danielle and some per
Mari
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2017reads

First of all that cover is pretty and those headers in the formatting is adorable. The blurb was the one that caught my eye and I had to read on. I never really knew plight had a different meaning either which increased my interest. A childhood best friends pact with a twist. One Facebook message reminder reunited them and helped rekindle their relationship well sort of. It wasn't as simple as that though.

With a lot of memories and little sweet, sexy moments Danielle and Elliott shared
Flo Grugel
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet read, I found myself enjoying it halfway through.
Angie
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story! KM Golland hooked me from page one and I found myself walking around my house cleaning and reading at the same time….okay, more reading than cleaning but it looked like I was doing something. This book was definitely worth the wait!

I loved the banter these two had and the sweet, sexy moments. The chemistry was off the charts and you couldn’t help but love them both. They were so lovable, you just want to squeeze them both. Oh, and the secondary characters are amazing!!

Th
K.M. Golland
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Plight by K.M. Golland
Standalone childhood friends to lovers RomCom

I had been having trouble concentrating on reading lately. Books were taking me over a week to read. So it was nice when I grabbed Plight from KM Golland and started it one day and finished the next, all with a smile on my face. It was a sweet, light, feel-good second chance romance that I really enjoyed.

I immediately liked Danielle, she’s fun and real and fresh. When she gets a Facebook message just when
Dawn West
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

These can't be tears in my eyes...it must be dusty in here...

Danielle made a childhood promise to her best friend. When she receives a message from the same person many years later, she isn't sure what to think. Especially, since he seems to be serious about holding her to that promise. And when their little agreement turns into a giant lie, she's forced to face the pain from her past and the boy who caused most of it.

Elliot hasn't for
Kristina Snyder
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Plight is the first book that I have read from K.M. Golland! Once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read this book! I was instantly intrigued, and in love with the cover. Plight is a fun, romantic story full of laughter and witty banter.

Danielle was a character full of love and fear. She had one rule and one rule only. Never sleep with friends. She had learned that lesson more than once. When Elliot pops back into her life out of no where, that rule becomes very hard for her to follow. But b
Kristine GPI Bookblog

Plight was such a fun premise, two childhood best friends who agreed to get married when they grew up, a deal sealed with a cheezel, I mean lets be honest, most of us wore our cheezel rings with pride when we were kids, the only caveat was that Danielle refused to don a white dress unless she was single at thirty. As is inevitable, Danielle and Elliot have drifted apart, well over a decade has passed since they last spoke, and for better or worse Danielle has moved on with her life, just after t
Michelle
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok

Plight is a new adult romantic comedy by K.M. Golland. I couldn't turn down Plight because the summary seemed zany enough to be a funny romantic comedy. And it was. But at times it was a bit too over the top for me. A fun read, but it didn't blow my socks off. The concept is equal parts hilarious and crazy. Basically, two neighborhood friends have proposal when they are 8 years old with a cheese doodle as the ring. F
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews

RATING: BUY IT

He smelled good, oh so good. Fresh and musky. Clean and manly.
“Danielle,” he whispered. “I’m not crack. Stop snorting and sniffing me.”

Speaking of snorting… I may have done some (read: a lot) of that while reading this book. *Shrugs* What can I say? Plight was simply my kind of funny. Maybe it's an Australian thing, or maybe K.M. Golland is just hilarious—either way, it was just one of the things about this book that worked for me.

Funny stor
Elisa Wang
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok, soo, I'm a little torn about the book, because there are part that I absolutely loved, and other parts that didn't convince me.

First of all, Danielle and Elliott make a great couple <3 As their mums said, they are made for each other. Their chemistry is off the chart, their banter is hilarious, and you can see that they are really at ease and comfortable with each other. One of my favourite parts was the visit to the Zoo, so so funny!
And Chris, oh, I love him! He's a friend of Danielle, and
Terri Turner
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this much anticipated book from KM Golland. The writing; the expected humour we have come to love from Kelly was all brilliantly done and wrapped up in a book you won't want to miss.
It was hard to put down because the anticipation was evident from the start and I think I was a little impatient in wanting the reunion a little sooner than was given, and the build up was torture in places, but in the nicest possible way !!

The characters are instantly lovable, Elliot Parker - oh wow I loved
Jan
4 Cheezel stars

Twenty-two years ago I promised myself to a girl. We were eight years old. Neighbours. I gave her a Cheezel, pushed it on her finger,asked her to marry me.....
she also said "yes" but that we'd have to wait until she turned thirty.

Plight is a story with humor and heartwarming moments a perfect Rom-Com.

The beginning of Plight starts with Elliot contacting Danielle the week of her birthday through Facebook, reminding her of their pledge and it was time to pay up, stick to her promi
Love & Lavender Book Review
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author so I wasn't sure what to expect with a title like Plight. I didn't even know what it meant hah!! But I'm a total sucker for second chance romances and witty RomComs.

Plight is a RomCom at its finest. A little bit of dry humor, super witty characters, a match made in heaven and supporting characters that will crack you up.

This is the story of Danielle and Elliot (aka Lots) who were besties when they were young kids and engaged by the time they were eight. No
Tanya Vought
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars !

Review coming soon!!!
seton
Genre: Rom-com
Setting: Australia

I tried this bc I like stories about childhood sweethearts. It started out great but petered out quickly.

DNF @ 33%
Lauren
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5. This was a lot milder then the other km golland books I've read. It was a cute story.
Jo
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KM Golland has smashed this book out of the park.

Technically, she hasn't. She has written an amazing story.

Where to start?

I LOVE the initial re-connection between these two. Who wouldn't send a quirky, awkward message through Facebook?

KM Golland also never fails to disappoint in giving us quips and prose that make us smile so much our jaws and cheeks ache.

I felt for Danielle and her fears. She truly believed that everyone leaves. She purposefully avoids making connections with people and cuts
Christine Hill
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: 3.5 (sXe)

Quick & Dirty summary: Danielle Cunningham and Elliot Parker were childhood friends. Best friends in fact. The kind of friends who promise to marry each other when they turn 30 with cheese snacks as a ring. Now Danielle thinks Elliot’s crazy because he’s holding her to that promise even though they haven’t spoken to each other in years.

I really enjoyed this book. I found Elliot to be delightful and his love for Danielle authentic. Danielle is great too, but I think her
Sara
Mar 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wow. Long ago that I didn't read a story so flat and boring. I swear I feel cheated, I thought it was a light and fun romance. For me, history has no sense and actors confused me and were boring as hell. Heroin has 30 but acts as a kid twelve years. Uhgg..
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

KM Golland, you had me at Cheezel!

I have been looking forward to Plight since I first heard about it, and being a KM Golland story, it did not disappoint.

Elliot and Danielle's story is a cute second chance, friends to lovers story that had my smiling from cover to cover.

A cheezel proposal at 8 years old has come back to haunt Danielle, but Elliot is not taking no for an answer.

"You're engaged kiddo. A Cheezel proposal is the real deal."

I love the push/pull betwee
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Card & Signed Paperback 1 3 May 29, 2017 12:57PM

• American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1)
  • Accidental Marriage (Ranch Boys)
  • The Protective SEAL
  • Appuntamento in terrazzo
  • Take Two
  • Baby I'm Yours (Angel Sands #5)
  • The Best Friend Bargain (Inked Love, #1)
  • Stranded
  • Conflitto di interessi
  • Toward the Sound of Chaos
  • Alphalicious Billionaires Box Set (Alphalicious Billionaires, #1-4)
  • His Candy Cane (Sweet Treats, #1)
  • La verità è che non ti odio abbastanza
  • His Kissing Penalty (McKnight Family Romance #1)
  • Only the Negatives (Only You #3)
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
Find me at :  photo 1388948158_twitter_zpsb055b495.png  photo 1388948366_facebook_zpsc29959b9.png  photo 1388948535_pinterest_zps40b720ee.png  photo 1388948871_key_w_zps3cfeb60d.png

About Me:
Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, K.M. Golland is a best-selling hybrid published author and ranty, married mother of two with a very healthy high heel obsession. She’s also a self-confessed car-aholic, choc-aholic, and bridge-aholic who drinks her weight in tea.