Start by marking “Plight” as Want to Read:
Plight

Plight

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  626 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Plight [plahyt]
Noun: a difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation.
Verb: pledge or solemnly promise. Be engaged to be married.

I promised myself to a man. Well, technically, I promised myself to a boy. We were eight years old. Neighbours. He gave me a Cheezel, pushed it onto my finger, and asked me to marry him.
I ate the Cheezel.
I also said, “Yes” but that we’d have to
Kindle Edition
Published May 29th 2017 by K.M. Golland (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Plight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plight

Fanny
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok

Me siento engañada.

La sinopsis de Plight me la vendia como una historia divertida y tierna pero la verdad es que fue una absoluta decepcion.

La historia de Elliot y Danielle tenia mucho potencial pero la autora no supo ni desarrollar la trama para hacerla atractiva ni darle la suficiente profundidad a la pareja protagonista para que llegara a conectar con ellos mientras leia.

En vez de ser una novela para desconectar ( como esperaba ) se me hizo una lectura tonta, nada graciosa y muy infantil, inc
Hilary
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For over a year I waited. Waited for the trademark humor, the unexpected love, the emotions, and the heat. I waited to meet another irresistible man to swoon over.

Well the wait is over and Golland delivers it all!

Plight kidnapped me and took me on an unforgettable series of fortunate events where 2 childhood best friends found their way back to their friendship, and so much more.

I laughed until I cried at the smartly written humor. KM Golland is RomCom. No one writes it quite like she does.

T
Jess
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PLIGHT was a lovely surprise.
I had no idea what I was getting into, but I am so glad I took the plunge.

Receiving a Facebook message from a guy Danielle swore she would never hear from or see again, especially after not being in contact for more than 22 years is a little bizarre. Elliot has a knack for timing, and his timing is spot on. A pact made years ago has not been lost on him and he is doing everything in his power to ensure his proposal to the girl of his dreams he made when they were 8,
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I just adored this story! It killed me every time I had to put it down (which was a lot), life kept getting in the way. But in a good way it made it last longer and I got to enjoy the story that much more.

As always K.M. Golland has written a romantic, fun, emotional, page turner with characters you'll simply fall in love with. I did!

Would I recommend this book? Yes, yes I would. Preorder your copy... like right now!! https://www.amazon.com/Plight-K-M-Gol...
Here's the link to make things easier
Love Baker
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book!! This author!!
She amazes me EVERYTIME I read one of her books..

Her ROM Com has such different feel than other rom coms that I have read.

as I got to know Danielle and Lots and their history together I I fell more and more in love with these characters. I love that he never gave up hope that she would be his. their banter back and forth was wonderful and made me snort laugh more than once. so if you are looking for a feel-good , laugh out loud , story , with a little bit of angst tied i
Tash
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

Plight is the typical Golland affair that I have come to know and love from this author. Good dose of humour and loveable characters who have a heart stirring story to tell. Capturing the innocents of children, Golland weaves a story that you don’t want to put down as she makes her latest story so relatable and adoreable. As kids we all probably imagine a Cheezel or two to be a wedding rin
Three Chicks
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Lisa Kane

Danielle Cunningham is one week past her thirtieth birthday. She is reminded of that fact when she receives a private Facebook message from Elliot Parker, an old friend she has not heard from in seventeen years. When they were kids, they were promised to each other, he put a Cheezel on her finger (think a cheese puff but shaped like a ring) and the deal was sealed. Now Elliot has come to collect.

Elliot Parker is insane if he thinks that a private Facebook message stip
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review...

OMG! Recently the genre Romantic Comedy has become one of my favorites and this book just proves exactly why! From the cover to the first page, K.M. Golland hooks her readers in with this hilariously funny romantic story that is a unique tale. This was my first book from this author, but after laughing my way through this story I know it probably won't be my last
Mari
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017reads, arcs

First of all that cover is pretty and those headers in the formatting is adorable. The blurb was the one that caught my eye and I had to read on. I never really knew plight had a different meaning either which increased my interest. A childhood best friends pact with a twist. One Facebook message reminder reunited them and helped rekindle their relationship well sort of. It wasn't as simple as that though.

With a lot of memories and little sweet, sexy moments Danielle and Elliott shared
Desi
El libro iba ahí más o menos... muchas cositas ahí que medio no me cuadraban
(la inmadurez de los protagonistas cuando ya tenían 30 años)
pero tuvo sus partes entretenidas y algo graciosas (no muchas por si acaso)... pero la protagonista no sé por qué no me cayó muy bien, y el protagonista muy soso.... y además hubo una parte en el libro que no me agradó y le restó mucho ....por eso mi calificación.
Flo Grugel
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet read, I found myself enjoying it halfway through.
Karen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
No, no, no, nooo!

Angie
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story! KM Golland hooked me from page one and I found myself walking around my house cleaning and reading at the same time….okay, more reading than cleaning but it looked like I was doing something. This book was definitely worth the wait!

I loved the banter these two had and the sweet, sexy moments. The chemistry was off the charts and you couldn’t help but love them both. They were so lovable, you just want to squeeze them both. Oh, and the secondary characters are amazing!!

Th
ѦИԌЄLѦ
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lovechildhood
Me gusto me hizo reir y fue una lectura rapida de leer me emcanto locks 😬😍creo que el siempre amo a danielle aunque esta era un poco testadura
GG
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Adorei a sinopse. Achei q tinha tudo pra ser excelente, maaaaaaas...eu precisava um pouco mais do Elliot e da Danielle do q me foi oferecido. O ritmo dele é legal, porém o conflito me frustrou um pouco.
K.M. Golland
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Anas Attic  Book Blog
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Plight by K.M. Golland
Standalone childhood friends to lovers RomCom

I had been having trouble concentrating on reading lately. Books were taking me over a week to read. So it was nice when I grabbed Plight from KM Golland and started it one day and finished the next, all with a smile on my face. It was a sweet, light, feel-good second chance romance that I really enjoyed.

I immediately liked Danielle, she’s fun and real and fresh. When she gets a Facebook message just when she turns 30 from
Dawn West
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

These can't be tears in my eyes...it must be dusty in here...

Danielle made a childhood promise to her best friend. When she receives a message from the same person many years later, she isn't sure what to think. Especially, since he seems to be serious about holding her to that promise. And when their little agreement turns into a giant lie, she's forced to face the pain from her past and the boy who caused most of it.

Elliot hasn't for
Kristina Snyder
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Plight is the first book that I have read from K.M. Golland! Once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read this book! I was instantly intrigued, and in love with the cover. Plight is a fun, romantic story full of laughter and witty banter.

Danielle was a character full of love and fear. She had one rule and one rule only. Never sleep with friends. She had learned that lesson more than once. When Elliot pops back into her life out of no where, that rule becomes very hard for her to follow. But b
Kristine GPI Bookblog

Plight was such a fun premise, two childhood best friends who agreed to get married when they grew up, a deal sealed with a cheezel, I mean lets be honest, most of us wore our cheezel rings with pride when we were kids, the only caveat was that Danielle refused to don a white dress unless she was single at thirty. As is inevitable, Danielle and Elliot have drifted apart, well over a decade has passed since they last spoke, and for better or worse Danielle has moved on with her life, just after t
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews

RATING: BUY IT

He smelled good, oh so good. Fresh and musky. Clean and manly.
“Danielle,” he whispered. “I’m not crack. Stop snorting and sniffing me.”

Speaking of snorting… I may have done some (read: a lot) of that while reading this book. *Shrugs* What can I say? Plight was simply my kind of funny. Maybe it's an Australian thing, or maybe K.M. Golland is just hilarious—either way, it was just one of the things about this book that worked for me.

Funny stor
Michelle
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok

Plight is a new adult romantic comedy by K.M. Golland. I couldn't turn down Plight because the summary seemed zany enough to be a funny romantic comedy. And it was. But at times it was a bit too over the top for me. A fun read, but it didn't blow my socks off. The concept is equal parts hilarious and crazy. Basically, two neighborhood friends have proposal when they are 8 years old with a cheese doodle as the ring. F
Elisa Wang
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok, soo, I'm a little torn about the book, because there are part that I absolutely loved, and other parts that didn't convince me.

First of all, Danielle and Elliott make a great couple <3 As their mums said, they are made for each other. Their chemistry is off the chart, their banter is hilarious, and you can see that they are really at ease and comfortable with each other. One of my favourite parts was the visit to the Zoo, so so funny!
And Chris, oh, I love him! He's a friend of Danielle,
Jan
4 Cheezel stars

Twenty-two years ago I promised myself to a girl. We were eight years old. Neighbours. I gave her a Cheezel, pushed it on her finger,asked her to marry me.....
she also said "yes" but that we'd have to wait until she turned thirty.

Plight is a story with humor and heartwarming moments a perfect Rom-Com.

The beginning of Plight starts with Elliot contacting Danielle the week of her birthday through Facebook, reminding her of their pledge and it was time to pay up, stick to her promi
Terri Turner
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this much anticipated book from KM Golland. The writing; the expected humour we have come to love from Kelly was all brilliantly done and wrapped up in a book you won't want to miss.
It was hard to put down because the anticipation was evident from the start and I think I was a little impatient in wanting the reunion a little sooner than was given, and the build up was torture in places, but in the nicest possible way !!

The characters are instantly lovable, Elliot Parker - oh wow I loved
Gökçe
Güzel bir hikayeydi, anlatımını çok sevdim. Her iki karakterin de gözünden anlatılan bir hikaye.

Elliot ve Danielle çocukluk arkadaşları. 8 yaşındayken Elliott silindir cipsle evlilik teklifi etmiş, Danielle de kabul etmiş ve cipsi yemiş :D Ama 30 yaşına kadar bekleme şartı koymuş. Yaş 30 olunca da Elliott Facebook'ten "nişanlısına" yazıyor ve kitap başlıyor.

Başları özellikle çok eğlenceli bir kitaptı. 17 sene önce birbirleriyle iletişi kaybetmiş iki çocukluk arkadaşı yeniden buluşuyor. Elliott i
Love & Lavender Book Review
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author so I wasn't sure what to expect with a title like Plight. I didn't even know what it meant hah!! But I'm a total sucker for second chance romances and witty RomComs.

Plight is a RomCom at its finest. A little bit of dry humor, super witty characters, a match made in heaven and supporting characters that will crack you up.

This is the story of Danielle and Elliot (aka Lots) who were besties when they were young kids and engaged by the time they were eight. No
seton
Genre: Rom-com
Setting: Australia

I tried this bc I like stories about childhood sweethearts. It started out great but petered out quickly.

DNF @ 33%
Adriana
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Comedy gold
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Card & Signed Paperback 1 3 May 29, 2017 12:57PM
Find me at :  photo 1388948158_twitter_zpsb055b495.png  photo 1388948366_facebook_zpsc29959b9.png  photo 1388948535_pinterest_zps40b720ee.png  photo 1388948871_key_w_zps3cfeb60d.png

About Me:
“I'm an author. I am married. I am a mother of two adorable little people. I'm a bookworm, craftworm, movieworm, and sportsworm. I'm also a self-confessed shop-aholic, tea-aholic, car-aholic, and choc-aholic.” Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, K.M. Golland studied law and worked as a conveyancer before putting her career on hold to raise her children. She then trad
More about K.M. Golland

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)