Start by marking “The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home” as Want to Read:
The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home

The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
When dirty dishes and laundry pile up, it’s easy to believe that the call to sanctity is for someone else. But this inspiring book written by a Catholic mother of five and based on the teachings of Mother Teresa shows us how faith can support mother's in their most holy task—raising children.
Published October 1st 2006 by The Crossroad Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of Motherhood

Elizabeth
May 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Catholic Mothers
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Trish
Shelves: family, religion, 2008
I read this book in one day while visiting family; the book belongs to my sister-in-law and I couldn't take it with me. It was interesting. The author relies heavily on quotes from scripture, Blessed Theresa of Calcutta, John Paul II and Benedict XVI but the writings of other saints appear as well. The author uses Mary, Mother of Jesus, as THE example for Motherhood but incorporates the lives of St. Monica, St. Elizabeth Seton and St. Rita of Cascia in as well.

The book is about the dignity of m
Jhenelle
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is about the vocation of motherhood and ways to grow in holiness through what seems to be the unnoticed daily tasks that come with being a mother. You discover the beauty of everyday small acts of service and how those little acts can help pave your road towards heaven. I also love how there are beautiful prayers after every chapter of the book.
Jen
Oct 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jessica
This is a great book for making you feel good about being a mother and staying home with your children. Supportive of mothers it emphasizes your vocation in serving Jesus through serving your family.
Marie
Feb 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I try and read a chapter a day of this book. I am not quite done but really like and will keep it next to my bed when I need a prayer or a little pick-me-up! This book makes me thankful that I get to stay at home with my kids. IT really puts staying home in perspective.
Jacqueline
Aug 18, 2009 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: all Catholic Moms
I learned that no Mom is perfect, and we should forgive ourselves. A great book for a new mom.
Stephanie
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the message of this book: God knows moms are living lives of prayer even when they can't find time or energy to utter a single Hail Mary or Our Father. Mothers' whole lives are one big prayer, and we must do our best to live each moment in a way that honors both God and our vocation.

O'Boyle writes like that very logical and calm friend we all have. She clearly loves her family and faith, and it shines through in the writing. I found her chapters to be inspiring and thoughtful. S
Heather Kozak-Lundquist