Start by marking “As She Fades” as Want to Read:
As She Fades

As She Fades

On the night of her high school graduation, Vale McKinley and her boyfriend Crawford are in a terrible car accident that leaves Crawford in a coma. They were supposed to spend the summer planning for college, for a bright future full of possibility. Together. Instead, Vale spends long days in the hospital, hoping Crawford will awaken.

Slate Allen, a college friend of Vale's
Published April 3rd 2018 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about As She Fades, please sign up.
Grace This standalone book didn't exactly have cliffhangers, but it did end really weirdly. It wasn't my favorite book, but I hope you enjoy it more.

Chelsea Humphrey
3.5 STARS

I seem to read a hefty number of novels that I can't divulge many plot details on, and this one falls into that category as well. If you followed along with my Goodreads updates, you'll have noticed my extreme surprise at a particular twist; from the reviews I've read thus far it appears I wasn't alone, and I'd go as far as to say that no one has mentioned guessing it ahead of time yet. The twist alone earns it stars, but the writing also drew me in and kept me engaged. I will say my on
Sabrina
PRE-ORDER
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

As She Fades is Abbi Glines' newest YA novel, following Vale McKinley as she tries to hold on to the only boy she's ever loved. This wasn't a story of flowers and sunshine, it was a story of walking through the pouring rain to get to your true love. Vale finds out the hard way that sometimes life throws a roadblock in your plans, but with the right person you can find a detour.

I'm honestly a little conflicted about this book. Without giving spoilers, I'll
Laura Lovely
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5/5 stars

Okay so first of all, im a really big fan of Abbi’s books and i always have loved them for their simple and fun nature. This book really surprised me. I would first like to point out that the blurb on the back of the book and also on Goodreads does not match the plot. That really confused me but i can look past that for now.

This book is told in two parts and to be honest, I really wish the book was just a continuation of part one because part two made absolutely no sense to me and mad
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This is my first Abbi Glines' book besides the Rosemary Beach series. I guess I've been hesitant because you know, Rush. ~Sigh~ However, I did feel there was a bit lot of Rush in Slate.

Vale and Crawford have been together since they were six years old. They're involved in a car wreck the night of graduation and Crawford is in a coma with Vale at his side as much as his mother will allow.

Time passes and she meets Slate who's at the hospital to see his Uncle who has cancer. Slate is actual
Stacee
DNF on page 86

I’ve enjoyed some of Abbi’s other books and I liked the synopsis of this one.

Vale has a lot of potential. She’s smart and caring and seems to have a big heart. Unfortunately, her inner monologue is 100% about Crawford and that got super boring super fast. I mean, I’m not completely heartless, the coma situation is sad, yet in 86 pages, I saw no indication that there would be growth.

Plot wise, not much happened in the parts that I read. Oh, there was a lot of girls throwing themse
Cait
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in2018
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
This arc was provided to me for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

3 Stars

First, I must point out that the blurb doesn't match what actually happens in the book.

The story revolves around Vale, who has been in a long-term relationship with Crawford. Their perfect plan for the future comes to a halt when they are involved in a car accident leaving Crawford in a coma. Vale spends her summer visiting every day and it's during those visits she meets Slate, who is there visiting his
Lo Bookfrantic

Full review coming
Christa
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jen Ryland
Story about a girl who's been in a car accident, her boyfriend lying in the hospital in a coma, and her growing attraction to the hot fraternity brother of one of her siblings.

I've read Abbi Glines books before and they are a particular thing - very romance-y in an old-school romance novel way. And I can absolutely, definitely be up for some romantic melodrama, which is what the blurb made this book sound like. And as I read, I wished for melodrama, because the book was pretty blah most of the
Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'?
Vale McKinley and her boyfriend Crawford have been together since they were six years old. On the night of their high school graduation they are in a terrible car accident that leaves one of them in a coma. The other does their best to visit everyday, but college is just around the corner and they have to make the decision to either move on together or apart. Vale comes from a large family and their support is very important to her. People come in and out Vale and Crawford's lives as they try to ...more
Misty
I was already on the fence about whether to continue with this one, and now that I know the twist, I'm even more on the fence. But the thing really holding me back is the writing. It all seemed very surface, formulaic, and very tell-heavy. First impressions and excerpt video coming soon.
Jessica (BookObsessedJess)
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?

A book that I received as an eARC that I actually FINISHED the day it was released.

Hooray for me!

The accurate part of the synopsis: On the night of her high school graduation, Vale McKinley and her boyfriend Crawford are in a terrible car accident that leaves Crawford in a coma. They were supposed to spend the summer planning for college, for a bright future full of possibility. Together. Instead, Vale spends long days in the hospital, hoping Crawford will
Angie Elle
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC from Netgalley

Abbi Glines is an author who has been on my radar for years, but if you know anything about me, it’s that I am not one to give in to the the hype. If I don’t read a book before it’s released and there’s a lot of buzz surrounding it, it’ll probably be a good two years before I finally read it. When I saw the blurb for this book, though, I couldn’t resist it. Now, I would be remiss if I didn’t say this blurb is incredibly misleading (thought I can't tell you why without
Katie (Lost in Pages)
Mar 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was my first dive into an Abbi Glines book, and I doubt I’ll do it again. The writing was super trivial and childish, and the plot made no damn sense. It felt like two novellas crammed into one story, and the author tried to make some connections between the two. I would’ve much preferred the story to just continue with what happened in Part One, but even then, I would’ve given it maybe 2 stars. Vale was a hypocritical and stoic character, and there was a never ending supply of slut shaming ...more
Read InAGarden
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
After reading the other reviews, I am glad I gave up on this book before the "major plot twist". It wouldn't have made sense to me and would have made the time I put into reading that much less worthwhile. I found the one-note main character very hard to relate to.
Kayla
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was just your cliche contemporary but I actually really enjoyed it and found if very fun!
Carolyn
rating: 3.5

ok first of all, i know the goodreads synopsis for this book currently describes it as YA... it's definitely New Adult. there are a few pretty descriptive sex scenes and several discussions about sex that are pretty vulgar.

anyway: thank you Macmillan for sharing an ARC of AS SHE FADES! here are my very honest thoughts. I have only read an ARC version so please let me know if anything I mention has been changed in the final copy.

this book was very entertaining and a wild ride... but de
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I have now read 28 books by Abbi Glines, and I keep coming back to her, time after time, because she fills a certain reading need of mine. Though this book was a lot lower drama than her previous books, it still had many of Glines' signature elements, which never fail to delight me.

•Pro: One of my favorite things in this book was the family focus. Vale was the youngest of five, with four protective older brothers and loving, present parents. I really enjoyed my time with the McK
Helen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NO!

Biggest issue: The synopsis provided for this book is completely wrong about a key plot point. The interesting premise and that specific *incorrect* plot point was one of the reasons I chose to read this book, and I think it would be fair to address which part is wrong, for anyone else considering reading this book.

Spoilerish, tells you what part of the synopsis is wrong: (view spoiler)
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"Everything was different now. I was lost. Alone. I didn't know how to find myself. I needed Crawford. Knox worrying about me liking the wrong guy was ridiculous. I loved Crawford and I had my entire life. A pretty smile and incredible eyes weren't going to change that. I wasn't shallow."...

Vale and Crawford met as children. From friendship to a plan of life long commitment. The whole world was before them. Until the night of graduation, when an accident leaves Crawford comatose.

Vale sits day af
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
The ‘big twist’ in this book completely ruined the entire thing. I was so invested and interested until the second half of the book begun.

Biggest disappointment of 2018...

If you are curious you can read here: (view spoiler)
Jen
Apr 05, 2018 added it
As She Fades started out strong, but I’m sorry to say it faded for me about midway.
Brooklyn Tayla
I was sent an advanced reader’s copy of this book by Pan Macmillan Australia in exchange for an honest review. This does not impact my thoughts on the book at all.

Okay, so I did like this book, Vale was a lovely main character, very sweet, she loved her family and her boyfriend, and was shattered when he became comatose after a tragic accident. I found myself feeling sad for her, but I’m glad she decided to do something for herself and allow herself to experience the whole university thing, I l
Bickering Book Reviews
For a more in-depth review watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW1dV...

This book felt like a basic coming of age/going off to college book but the lack of character development and slut shaming with male chauvinism made this book disappointing.

We received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Nasty Lady MJ
Aug 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
To see review click here.

I have taken sort of a sabbatical reading YA this month, and of course I broke the sabbatical by reading some puerile garbage.

To be fair, I would say that for the most part As She Fades is a fairly insipid YA/NA book. However, it has one dumb ass twist that I didn’t even really see as relevant to the book. It’s saving grace though was that it’s mercifully short.

Going into this one, I sort of knew that there was a high likelihood that I would hate it. While I have a pench
Paula  Phillips
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
First off, I have to start with the fact that I am a big Abbi Glines fan which is why I read this book. I was so excited and couldn't wait to start. I read the blurb, and it made me even more excited. Car Crash, Coma and then the clincher Amnesia. My favorite things and again the fact Abbi Glines wrote it. The book started out great with the main characters being in a car accident and Vale and her boyfriend Crawford end up in hospital. Vale comes out fine but her boyfriend Crawford ends up in a ...more
Rachel
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Kayla Brunson
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Abbi Glines is one of those authors that bring nostalgia to me. When I fell off my reading back when I was 19, I read Fallen Too Far and I was sucked back into reading. Anytime I see that she is coming out with a new release I pre order it. I can’t help it.

I really didn’t want to put this book down once I started reading and when I did, my mind kept going back to it.

If you have read reviews for this title, then you know that you there is a twist in this book. If I thought I was invested before t
Amy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm going to start with what I liked about this book: Slate Allen. He is multi-faceted, well-developed, and captivating. You will be far more worried about what becomes of Slate than you will about what becomes of Vale and Crawford. I liked how Abbi Glines wrote him, and I liked the way she showed his growth and maturity. He is fabulous.

I liked the plot twist. I thought it made the book more interesting, and I looked forward to what Glines would do with it.

Now let's get to some of the problems.

F
Book review 1 6 Sep 20, 2018 07:33PM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Boyfriend loses memory and girlfriend falls in love with someone else. [s] 5 100 Mar 23, 2018 09:27AM

• Almost Impossible
  • Don't Forget Me
  • Winner Take All
  • Dreamer (Traveler, #2)
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • Just Say Yes
  • Beautiful Oblivion 2 (working title)
  • Serial Summer
  • Cry Baby Cry
  • Control You (Coldcreek, #2)
  • Running Home
  • Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)
  • Swan Song (A Modern Fairytale #8)
  • All Closed Off (Rusk University, #4)
  • All That Was
  • Other Breakable Things
  • Small Town Hearts
  • Night Moves (The Night Songs Collection Book 2)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more