Start by marking “Summer Love (Forever, #0)” as Want to Read:
Summer Love (Forever, #0)

Summer Love (Forever, #0)

TOBY

Spending the entire summer with my father wasn’t in my plans. I hated him. I was angry and resentful, and it made me feel out of control.

Until I met her.

Casey is carefree. She lives life to the fullest, without regrets, and to a guy like me, she was hope. We only had the summer, and I knew better than to get wrapped up with her, but I couldn’t help it.

And now? Now, I d
ebook
Published July 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Summer Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Love

Andrea Sanders
Jun 26, 2017 Andrea Sanders rated it it was amazing
What a debut this is from J Lum !
A beautiful, heartfelt romance that is the start of Tobias and Casey's story.
Young love at its finest.
We start the story one beautiful summer at the beach. Quickly they are totally consumed with each other, but both have issues going on in the background.
Love needs to be honest, open and always worked at, as they very quickly find out.
Do they manage to work out their differences and work through their problems?
Wonderful characters that will captivate and entra
Crystal
Jun 27, 2017 Crystal rated it it was amazing
J. Lum knocked it out of the park with this debut novel. She hit all the feels with this one. I connected with Tobias "Toby" and Casey right away.
The story was compelling, and I found myself completely enthralled with how the characters developed.
Don't let the YA genre of this book fool you into believing that there is no depth to the emotions in their story. I felt every emotion that they were feeling, frustration, loneliness, longing, confusion and heartbreak.
The story ends with a "to be co
Deborah
Jun 17, 2017 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Summer Love tells the story of a young romance that will steal your heart and leave you wanting more! Together, Toby and Casey explore a new friendship, their hopes and dreams. They share their secrets and ultimately their desires.

But is it enough? Can they turn their summer love into a future? Will their bond withstand a long distance courtship? J. Lum has done a fantastic job of writing her first book. She's created a world that's filled with characters that speak from the heart. Fr
Sheena
Jul 07, 2017 Sheena rated it really liked it
Short, bittersweet and captivating

This is an introductory and a wonderfully written debut story from the author…Casey is a carefree dreamer and Toby is the very definition of an angry young man personified, two young people who, free from their usual responsibilities, meet one summer, connect, make promises and irrevocably change their lives….

The world and the characters within this delightful novella are beautifully described with a depth and complexity which made them feel genuine…although the
AJ's book-reMarks
Jun 30, 2017 AJ's book-reMarks rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Jen, excellent premier. Wow, just wow! I need more of Toby & Casey stat!

Oh, need to say received ARC in lue of a review
Debbie Eichler
Jul 02, 2017 Debbie Eichler rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review and I can honestly say I absolutely loved it. What a fantastic debut from author J Lum . This story was not only about Toby and Casey experiencing first love but also Toby finally finding out some truths in his life and finally letting down some of his walls. It was a summer of growing for both Toby and Casey, I cannot wait to see what happens with Toby and Casey next.
Jenn Wood
Jun 17, 2017 Jenn Wood rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! You have to read this book! Seriously - add it to your list, and get ready for it!

**Full review to come closer to release day**
Sheri
Jun 30, 2017 Sheri rated it really liked it
This is the first book written by the author and you would never know it if someone did not tell me. The writing is phenomenal! You will be hooked from the moment you start reading. An unexpected summer love that turns into so much more for the both of them. Young love should be easy and carefree but not for Toby and Casey. Toby has lived through so much in his short time on earth and as a result as grown up way quicker than he should, taking on responsibilities no child should ever have to worr ...more
Jamie
Jul 15, 2017 Jamie rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a phenomenal debut novel!

I went into this book 100% blind, I didn't look or read any of the teasers, excerpts, blurb or anything associated with this book on social media before it hit my kindle.

Summer Love is a beautifully written novel about first love and learning to forgive. Tobias and Casey were very easy to connect with; although they are young, they have very real, adult feelings. The story and characters developed nicely, just the way they should. We didn't jump from one thing
Deb
Jul 03, 2017 Deb rated it it was amazing
This is a novella, but I didn't get short changed. It is a well written story of boy meets girl on their summer break. I enjoyed the personalities of Casey and Toby and the easy attraction they had for each other! I enjoyed the story line, the personal issues, struggles and the openness to accept thoughts or advice on issues from the other. This story is a perfect example that things happen that are beyond the control or ability of children/teens to change or comprehend.
I do have some questions,
Cassandra Taylor
Jul 04, 2017 Cassandra Taylor rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

5 Stars

This was a fantastic book full of teenage troubles, heartache and one hell of a cliffhanger.

Tobias has been sent to spend the summer with his father, he doesn’t want to spend time with him and the two fight all the time.

Casey is spending the summer with her family in Nags Head, she loves the Ocean and spending time with her Gran.

When the two meet, they have an instant attraction and the summer goes from good to great. But what will happen
Stacey Hashimoto
Jul 03, 2017 Stacey Hashimoto rated it really liked it
4.5 big stars

I absolutely loved Summer Love!
Toby and Casey are absolutely adorbs!!! Toby has a permanent scowl and it's amazing how Casey can break down his walls and get him to smile. She is everything refreshing and just what he needs. But can Casey love him despite his ways??? Can she make him open up???? But the clock is ticking and their summer romance will end as they both must part ways and I didn't see it coming but this book left me hanging...yes it's cliffs and I'm dying to know what
Kristen Johnson
Jul 10, 2017 Kristen Johnson rated it it was amazing
Summer Love is quite the story - not only does it bring us a novel of first love, but it is also a story about forgiveness and growing up and learning truths that sometimes hurt. J. Lum blended the emotions of Toby well as he worked through his anger at his father and his awakening feelings for the girl he meets.

From the start, it's plain to see that there isn't much happy about the situation Toby finds himself in for the summer; stuck in a house with a father he hasn't seen in years and the fa
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Jul 16, 2017 My Girlfriend's Couch Blog rated it really liked it
4 Fabulous Debut Stars
Reviewed by Franci Neill

This is the debut novel for J. Lum and she has bright future ahead of her if Summer Love is an indication of her storytelling ability. This is really a novella that introduces us to Toby and Casey two somewhat rebellious angry teenagers spending their summer at their respective family beach homes. Let's face it I think we all had cause to be rebellious in our teens but these two really have pressures facing them that none of us want to experience.

T
Kathy Rouchelle
Jul 06, 2017 Kathy Rouchelle rated it it was amazing
OOOOOHHHHH WWWOOOOOOWWWW. I loved this little book. The story of Casey and Toby was so very well written and the story line well defined as it takes us through Toby's story of a difficult childhood and Casey's way of helping him to heal the rocky relationship with his father. This is a true young love story and it will have you remembering those feelings of your first love as you turn the pages.

The characters are welll defined and Toby is just a little complex as he harbors a lot of anger toward
Spunky N Sassy
Jul 16, 2017 Spunky N Sassy rated it liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Toby can't stand his father, the man who walked away and deserted him. So being at his beach house with his father's new family was not something he wanted to do. On a walk one morning he meets Casey and is instantly pulled in. Casey has come from a loving home but a demanding one and she is living in the shadow of her father's expectations. She has never felt like she has with Toby. They both never want their summer to end.

I liked
Stephanie
Jul 06, 2017 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Such a sweet summer romance. The connection between Casey and Toby was intense and immediate, love at first sight. They had a little bump in the beginning, but it brought Toby out behind his wall and really let Casey in. J. Lum did a great job at making me feel all the emotions these two went through and just when I thought I knew how this was going to end...boom. She hits us with something I didn't see coming and left me wanting more! I can't wait to get my hands on ...more
FMR Book Grind
Jul 19, 2017 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
STACEY'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

I absolutely loved Summer Love!

Cat Parisi
Jul 11, 2017 Cat Parisi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing Debut for this new author! This novella was a great way introducing to Toby & Casey as teenagers and how they met. I fell in love with these characters & their story from the very beginning and couldn't wait to see where their story took them. Great secondary characters, Gran & Jamie being the scene stealers!

*Warning - This novella does end in a cliffhanger, but the blurb and first chapter for Forever Love is included.
Aisling Cooper
Jul 16, 2017 Aisling Cooper rated it it was amazing
Summer Love was a fantastic novella and debut book for J.Lum. Summer Love is about a romance that will end up with you wanting more.
Toby and Casey during the book explore their new friendship, their dreams and hopes, desires and things that no one else knows about them
But is one summer enough and can their relationship work long distance or is it just a summer romance?

Reviewed for Amo and Sarah corner gifted for an honest review
Amo Thomson  Blogger
Jul 02, 2017 Amo Thomson Blogger rated it really liked it
This was a good debut from J Lum.

In this descriptive account of Tobias & Casey's book it let's us into the emotions of their life's.

As teens there's issues from both Casey & Tobias they need to be worked through.
They had an instant connection but with things coming between them will that connection last or is a Sumer Love all it was ever meant to be....

The cliffhanger on this was good and I'm excited to see what happens next.

Amo
Barbara Ronevich
Jul 10, 2017 Barbara Ronevich rated it it was amazing
Summer Love...Where to start?!? This is a pre-novella of two teens who fall in love one summer and are learning about themselves in the process. This is Young Adult which leads into their story as adults which I CANNOT await to read!!!! This book will give you all the feels. This is a debut book for the author and you wouldn't even know it by reading! I highly recommend one clicking!!!
Franci Neill
Jul 16, 2017 Franci Neill rated it really liked it
To see my full review follow my blog My Girlfriends Couch https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...
Josephine
Jul 10, 2017 Josephine rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah's Book corner

Wow what an amazing book I couldn't put it down I'm excited for the next one. Toby and Casey are brought together during summer break. Casey is a sweet young girl who loves books and has a family who love and care for her. Toby is a boy who has suffered upset in his childhood and has anger issues. Can Casey get through to Toby and make him understand why he is angry. Highly recommend this book and it will not disappoint you. I felt a good connecti
Karen Schwandt Hoy
Karen Schwandt Hoy rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2017
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2017
Margaret Battefeld
Margaret Battefeld rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2017
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2017
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Suzanne Stanley
Suzanne Stanley marked it as to-read
Ericka
Ericka marked it as to-read
Ebony
Ebony marked it as to-read
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Leeanna
Leeanna marked it as to-read
Cat Wright
Cat Wright marked it as to-read
Erin Toland
Erin Toland marked it as to-read
Linda Jensen
Linda Jensen marked it as to-read
Denise Page-jessie
Denise Page-jessie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2017
Becky Suwanski
Becky Suwanski marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2017
Tammi Plummer
Tammi Plummer marked it as to-read
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Niteshadow
Niteshadow marked it as to-read
Latifa Morrisette
Latifa Morrisette marked it as to-read
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2017