Start by marking “Hell Night (Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell Night (Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter #2)

Hell Night

(Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter #2)

Alex Rains knows all about hunting vampires—after all, that's his job, and he's the best at what he does. But when he follows a lead to the tiny desert town of Prosperity, Nevada, Alex quickly learns that vampires aren't the only things that go bump in the night. He's just as surprised as the town's residents when the dead start walking the streets of Prosperity . . . and ...more
Published March 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hell Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Night

Start your review of Hell Night (Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter #2)
Graeme Rodaughan
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who prefers their vampire hunters to also kill zombies
Zombie Splatter - just like a Drive-In Movie

Not as good as the first book, The Devil as it lacked the emotional gravitas of that story. I feel disappointed, like I'd anticipated a home run, and all I've seen is a batter hit a bunt ball and make first base, and then the innings has ended with all out.

The positives. This is a very visual book, with plenty of action and gore, and will certainly entertain those who are looking for that, go ahead buy it and fill you boots.

There is an excellent level of in
Nick
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun second book, no vampires but a town full of zombies sure is making Alex's life hard. There's some good banter between the characters and the dynamic of the group is good, expect lots of zombie attacks and subsequent gore and you're good to go.

I found this one much more a character piece than the first, it still has action and comedy but its overall a bit darker. Alex is the star but he isn't always in the spotlight. The author tries to leave us guessing but for me it was fairly ob
Nervous Nellie Justice
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reviewed
Damn, that was good! I bought this book because it was recommended. If I would have known it involved zombies, I probably would have declined spending the whole 99 cents. Zombies are not my thing.

This is an urban fantasy - not apocalyptic, so don't panic. There is a tiny bit of sex - not enough to make me blush BUT it's definitely not sweet either. There is a zillion bloody scenes - gore, splatter and grossness. It's "ew" factor was pretty high, but the quotes in this book nearly broke an all ti
troy blaisdell
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex rains return

I thought the first book in the series was great. The second book was way better! Is there anything Alex rains and his sword can't kill? Hopefully we find out in a third book. Matt kincade is the best indie writer I've found on Amazon so far. I hope to read more work and see him explore something outside of the Alex rains series as well.
Nathaniel Hanley
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just fantastic

The first book was great. And so is the second. Truly a hard book to put down. The action kept going and you got something different this time around. Real changes to the mythology expanding the world in a lot of ways. Kincade is a sharp writer worth following​. Short and sloppy review, but the book is worth it. Damn fine writing
Danny
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

I really enjoyed both books of vampire hunter. The story line was great and kept me reading. Many other books drag on with useless nonsense. Thanks for writing the book.
Dick SantaCruz
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zombies Everywhere - What vacation

Our hero is on a break to get in touch with his Elvis roots. Fortunately for us, the zombie apocalypse had different plans.
Great sequel and great read. Lots of action, suspense, intrigue.
Urban fantasy at it's best.
Carolyn
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book with lots of action. I don't normally read zombies but this was fun.
Josh Randell
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and better than the first book.
Christopher Ogden
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better then average.

An intresting take on a increasingly stale zombie genre. The protagonist is mostly a background character. The surprise villain is obvious
Bill
Feb 26, 2018
Bkwyrm
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Non-stop Action

I liked the first in this series, but I felt like the personal relationships bogged it down a bit. This one? Crisp and speedy, excellent surprises, and oddly......no vampires. But there's lots of zombies. People even quote Shakespeare. It's a lean, well-edited monster story, with plenty of gore and intrigue and dead sorcerers and a bar that Elvis once visited.
I abandon a lot of indie books because the proofreading and editing are often awful. Kincade has clearly sent this book thr
Alex Cook
Jul 03, 2017
Brian Manwiller
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book

I absolutely loved book one and book two did not disappoint. I rated them both a five, but I preferred book one as it dealt with vampires instead of zombies. Book two was a great read, full of the same hilarious dialogue and fantastic nonstop action. I am a huge fan of this author. The only problem is, I now NEED book three ASAP!!! My only critique is to give me more vampires please. Lol. Please keep writing. I love your style man.
Taskeen Ahmad
Jul 19, 2017
Esperanza Schmidt
Jan 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Trembling Path (Zombie Fallout, #14)
  • Critical Failures VIII (Caverns and Creatures Book 8)
  • The Lost Gold Mine of Idaho Springs
  • Rampike
  • Leaders of the Pack
  • The Roo
  • A Shrouded World 7: Hvergelmir: A Jack Walker and Michael Talbot Adventure
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Sworn to the Night (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #1)
  • Bane County: Hungry Moon (Book 4)
  • Bane County: A Short Story
  • White
  • Savage Beasts of the Arctic Circle
Matt Kincade, the son of a librarian, was often left to wander the fiction shelves for hours as a child, happily lost among the stacks, soaking up a love for words and the smell of books.

Since then he has been a pizza chef, a sandwich artist, a cash-register jockey, a night manager, a furniture assembler, and a creepy one-hour photo clerk, all while pursuing his dream of being an author of sci-fi

Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter (2 books)
  • The Devil's Mouth (Alex Rains, Vampire Hunter, #1)