Start by marking “Ripple Effect” as Want to Read:
Ripple Effect

Ripple Effect

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  568 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Ripley Brown had the kind of love that would last a lifetime.
Until the night it died a tragic death, leaving her reeling and obliterating her ability to trust another man with her heart.

Brock James grew up in a home filled with violence and hate.
He vowed never to be like his father, until the night he became even worse than the man. The night he destroyed everything.

Now
Published April 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ripple Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripple Effect

Leonor
Bev
Did I read the same book as everyone else? I'm struggling with rating this a generous 2.5 stars. He's an idiot - and a huge wimp at that because when the going gets tough he runs away .... over and over again. I need my men to be MEN, sadly Brock was anything but.

She teetered on doormatdom on several occasions, and there was way too little character development with a rushed ending that was wrapped up all too conveniently.
 Big Joe's Book Reviews
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brock James has loved Ripley Brown for 4 yrs. Their love is pure but their lives are polar opposites. Where Ripley has two loving parents Brock deals with a father who beats him and his mother. When something happens that shows Brock his worse fears may be real he runs. In the process he shatters Ripley and starts an unintended series of events that will haunts both with the outcome.

Now 6 years later Brock is back. After serving 2 tours in the Marines, a purple heart. He is coming home. His mom
Diane plourde
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Fair warning, long post ahead.

Well I just finished reading Ripple Effect by Evan Grace. Some of you might know I just became Evan's PA back in January. What an honour it is. It can be automatically assumed that I have to give high praises for her stories. WRONG!! I do this voluntarily and so I still get my freedom of speech. If I wouldn't have liked her story, I would have told her so and kept my review to myself. I started being passionate about reading when I was around 12 years old. More th
Linda Rea
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Ripley and Brock started dating they were still in high school but they had big plans of going to college together and even went as far as picking out the names of the children they would have someday. At the end of school party something terrible happened and Brock disappeared and even though she tried Ripley couldn't find him anywhere. Six years has past so when her son runs to hug a dog she can't believe that next to him is Brock. Brock is home to help his mom out and he wasn't sure if h ...more
Zoe
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are many things I can say about this book but the one that stands out the most is beautiful. Evan Grace has outdone herself again with this book.

I would recommend this book and author to anyone who loves getting emotionally involved with the charecters and doesn't mind a beautiful love story that is not an easy love story that is a well fought love.

The love between the characters captures your attention and you can emerse your self in their lives and feel deeply the emotions that they are
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read!! It has been a long time since reading an Evan Grace book, but it sure reminded me how great her books are.

We meet a sweet couple Brock and Ripley. They are young and one night when something happens nothing is ever the same...... Due to this event Brock leaves, not goodbye nothing!! What is a love sick girl supposed to do? She slips down a rabbit hole that forces her life in a direction that forever changes her. She has a hard time dealing with everything that life has thrown h
ViolinVixen
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful second chance romance that will have your heart tied up in knots. Ripley and
Brock’s story is not an easy one to read and at many times I wondered if they really had a chance at happiness at all. Then at other times during the story it was so obvious to me that these two were meant to be, no matter what tried to stand between them. It just seemed that fate wanted them to be together and that we needed to trust that eventually the timing would be right.

The first five chapters
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ripley Brown thought she had the kind of love that would always last, but when one bad choice ended it, it broke her. Brock James grew up in a bad house, and he vowed to never be like his father. That is, until that one night where he became worse than his father in his eyes, so he destroyed everything as he leaves without looking back. Now years later, he's back from the military, and hoping not to run into the girl he hasn't laid eyes on since that night, Ripley. Fate has different plans for h ...more
Dawn
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If i could give this book 10o stars i would!

This book has every emotion in me on high alert. I laughed, I cried, I was so mad at points i wanted to punch someone who doesn't even exist lol, I felt lonely, i felt dispair, I felt hope.

Ripley and Brock have fought their demons alone for a very long time. For a few short years they had it all, everything looked bright in their future even when things were dark and dismal in the shadows of Brock's life. He had plans for his future and they all inclu
Melissa
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love everything Evan Grace writes. So when the opportunity to review this book opened up I jumped at the chance and I am so glad that I did. Once I started this book I couldn't stop, it sucked me right in.
This is the story of Brock and Ripley. Their story is delivered so beautifully and it was so well written and the characters were so well developed. Ripple Effect is a book jam packed with emotions both happy, sad and some were downright heartbreaking. Ripley believes she has it a
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
What happens when you are haunted by "what ifs"?

Brock spent his early years believing he was destined to be someone he didn't want to be. When everything goes upside down, he knows the inevitable has happened. So he runs. Ripley is the girl he leaves behind. The one good thing in his life. The one person he would never want to hurt. But she turns out to be the one he hurts the most.

Ripple Effect is a heartbreaking tale of love, betrayal and forgiveness. It's a story about how one decision can e
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, arc, romance
I'm by no means new to this author's work. Having read almost every release by her, I had to have this one as soon as I saw the cover. Then add in the second chance and military element and I couldn't resist. Nevertheless, it's safe to say this is probably my favourite Evan Grave book to date.

Ripple Effect was a book I couldn't put down until I finished it. I read the entire thing in one sitting and I want to read more. I loved the characters and the story--just everything about it.

Although some
Stacy McAskill
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the books of the year you know the ones you wish you could rate more than 5 star, this was an amazing story that has all the ingredients to make you at times want to throw your kindle away. The storyline flows seamlessly with suspense as well as a second chance romance. Characters that you can't help but love and wish you could reach in and cuddle. There are moments so heartbreaking you will need a bucket load of tissues, other times you will be going WTF as something leaves you b ...more
Sara Fortino
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Ripple Effect and I have to say this book is one of the best books i've read. I love all of Evans books but this one is special. It pulls you in from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down. It takes you on an emotional rollercoater where you are smiling and laughing one minute and crying with tears running down your face in another. I would highly recommend this book because it's amazing hearing about Ripley and Brock's relationship and also Alex and Tinys special bon ...more
Lucy Berson
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had my engulfed from page 1. I absolutely fell in love with Brock and Ripley and their story. I could not put this book down from the moment I began.
Brock and Ripley are high school sweethearts and we're each other's first everything, when an unfortunate accident happens, Brock runs and leaves. He doesn't want to destroy Ripley life. When he does come home, years later, will they be able to put the past behind them or is what they shared over for good.
This book had my tears flowing t
Summer  -SSBR-
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book! Holy wow! So I have read one of Evan's books before for this one and I thought it was amazing! This book, This book knocked me off my feet. I couldn't put it down! I read this straight through. It was so worth it and can't wait to see what's next for Evan! I hope one day to be able to meet Evan at an author event because these books are just wow!
Karie Gibson
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ripley had it all or so she thought. She had her entire future planned with the love of her life. One night destroyed everything.
Brock came from a home where his father doled out hatred and abuse daily. The one good thing he had was Ripley until he didnt.
Brock did the only thing he thought was right and he ran. Left with a destroyed heart Ripley made some bad choices. Just as she has her life back in order with a beautiful son Brock comes back.
This book is full of characters that shows you wha
Shannon
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ripley and Brocks story is a beautiful heartbreaking ride...young love and some bad choices forever change who you are and what you thought you'd have...horrid family members , jerks who need to grown up , and truths you don't want to face or ever speak of...this had it all..can you ever really face the reality of the choices you made..for good or bad reasons...Rilpley became one of my all time favorite characters! this book has it all and you won't be disappointed!
Kim Bradstreet
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
amazing cover, and yet another great book by the amazing Evan grace, i absolutely loved this book, i still want more from Brock and Ripley, but would love a book on Jonah and jessica. if i could give it more than five stars i would.
Spring Branch
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow....... This book was amazing it had me drawn in from the first page... I have loved all of Evans Graces book but this one has been my favorite so far... This book will have you crying and then smiling.. If i could give more than 5 stars i would... Thank You for another great book....
Cherie
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I felt so many emotions and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. This story is definitely one you will start and not stop until you're done.
Megan Harrington
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! From page one I was completely sucked into this story. I had to know what was going to happen next. This is by far one of the best books I have read in a while. It had me on an emotional roller coaster!!!! I highly recommend this book.
Melissa Meyer
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evan Grace has written a beautiful story. This story will take your emotions on a journey. I laughed, cried and was angry. Great second chance romance story!!
Stephanie Basham
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Once you start this one you wont be able to put it down. Evan Grace makes it super easy to fall in love with the characters. Don't skip this one!
Rina Smith
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

A sweet love ripped apart when they were young. A second chance years later, made for a great read. I loved the characters and the second chance theme all the way around.
Hayley Stewart
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved Evan grace from the beginning.

I can never put her books down and this one I was exactly the same.

great story and great characters
Brooke
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to read Ripple Effect by Evan Grace. I must say I was not disappointed the book was amazing. I smiled so big my face hurt, I cried and I laughed. I love Ripley and Brock's story.
Sunny Shelly Reads
This is the first book I've read by Evan Grace, and I was completely blown away! I started Ripple Effect during my lunch break at work, and after my adulting/parenting was done for the day, was up way too late for it being a work night in order to finish it. I read the whole thing in just a few (broken up) hours.

Ripple Effect is a touching, moving second chance romance between teenage soul mates who are ripped apart and then find each other again.

Brock has a horrible home life and he and his mom
Rebecca Austin
Shelves: review-author, trsor
Brock James is the captain of the high school football team and has his life planned out with his girlfriend, Ripley Brown. He can't wait to escape town and leave his drunk, abusive father behind him. But a night of celebration goes off the rails and Brock runs leaving everyone he loves behind.

Ripley Brown thought she had found her perfect man in Brock James but when one night the unexpected happens she knows she has to find a way to move on. Relying on her best friends Jonah and Jessica, Ripley
A Midwesterner and self-proclaimed nerd, Evan has been an avid reader most of her life, but five years ago got bit by the writing bug, and it quickly became her addiction, passion and therapy. When the voices in her head give it a rest, she can always be found with her e-reader in her hand. Some of her favorites include, Shayla Black, Jaci Burton, Madeline Sheehan and Jamie Mcguire. Evan finds a l ...more
More about Evan Grace...