Start by marking “Don't Forget Me” as Want to Read:
Don't Forget Me

Don't Forget Me

Seventeen-year-old Hazel Clarke is no stranger to heartbreaks, and being sent to live with a father she’s never met is the latest in a string of them. Even the beauty of eastern Australia isn’t enough to take her mind off her mother and the life she had to leave behind in England. But when Hazel meets the friendly, kindhearted Red and his elusive twin, Luca, she begins the ...more
Published February 13th 2018 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr) (first published January 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Forget Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Forget Me

Start your review of Don't Forget Me
Taylor
3.5 out of 5 Stars.

"Monsters are monsters...It doesn't make a difference if they're from space or your mind."

Hazel, our English teenaged MC, is forced to move to Australia to spend what she hopes will be a "semester only" with her new-to-her father. Struggling to adjust to her new life Down Under, Hazel eventually tires of evading her emotions and starts to let people in.

Covering everything from depression and assault to friendships and healing, this YA debut seems to have it all. And whil
Christy
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Don’t Forget Me was a book that I didn’t really know anything about and I basically went into it blind. I’m glad I did though, it made Hazel’s story that much more powerful because I didn’t know what was going on.
The book follows Hazel after she is uprooted from her life in England to live with her dad in Australia. It takes Hazel a while to adjust, partly due to never having met her dad before he shows up to move her to Australia, and because she has other stuff going on back home and she’s de
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

That was so lovely, and the closing letter! Not a dry eye in the place. I loved this story of healing and moving forward, of "family" and "home".

After finishing a really heart wrenching and heavy book, I needed something to lift me back up a little. Let me tell you, this little gem of a book did just that. Don't Forget Me had me grinning and shedding happy tears in no time.

•Pro: I really loved the different types of loss the characters were grieving. Some were mourning the deat
Sue Anna
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Such a beautiful written story. Its a simple read for me. But i enjoyed it.
alice (arctic books)
3.75 stars. A sweet, emotional read. Full review to come.
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Sep 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
After just losing my grandad to dementia, I think I have to read this
Sierra Abrams
Jun 20, 2017 marked it as desperately-need-to-read
HELP this sounds amazing and the cover is quickly scaling the ranks of favorite covers OMGGGG
Maggie • Library of Colors
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review first posted at Library of Colors.

I was given an advanced copy of this book from a friend. Thank you, Erin!

I stumbled upon this little gem on NetGalley, and while I was not approved for it there *sigh*, my sweet friend Erin sent it to me after receiving it herself. I’m so glad she did, as this was the perfect book to pull me out of my slump I’ve been in since October. October , y’all. I needed something good. Leave it to a contemporary to pull me out of my misery.

"Redleigh used to say
Jeraca
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free eARC novel from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Wow, this book is full of some heavy stuff! So much grief and depression at the beginning. I'm really glad that Luca and Hazel were able to help each other through their difficult times. I love that neither of them pressured each other to talk about their thoughts and feelings, but let it naturally come out in discussion.

And there was no judgement, not really. They listened, understood, and they were just there for each o
Holly Brumback
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There was no part of Don't Forget Me that I did not like. In fact, I instantly knew that I was going to bond with Hazel, Red, and Luca. The letters that Hazel writes to her mom that are sprinkled throughout the book are so thought provoking. I totally looked forward to reading them. The relationships that are formed are so believable. This book handles loss so beautifully. Plus, it is done through the perspective of several characters who are all dealing with something a little different in thei ...more
Jessica Lewis
Loved this! So beautiful and hopeful. It also got me out of a big reading slump, so kudos to not being able to put this book down!
Kis Baadsgaard
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It brook my heart <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 in a good way ...more
Holly
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received an advanced reader’s copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Don't Forget Me by Victoria Stevens is a sweet, beautiful story about family, friendship, and moving forward.

When Hazel's mother becomes too ill to take care of her, Hazel has to move to Australia to live with her father that she's never met. Convinced that her new situation is only temporary until she can go back to her mother in England, Hazel tries not to let herself become too attached to he
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy from NetGalley**

Hazel finds herself in Australia to live with the father she has never met and she cannot wait to move back to England, with her mother. It soon becomes clear that Hazel was the sole caretaker for her mother who was dealing with an illness or some other kind of issue (we later learn it's early onset Alzheimer's).

Throughout the book, Hazel writes letters to her mother reminding her of fun times that they shared together. She also resists her father's attempts
Melissa
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read-books
5 out of 5 stars

This book was beautifully written! One of my new favorite debut novels.

Hazel Clarke is forced to live with her Father- Graham in Australia who she has never met, because her Mother is sick back home in England. Hazel is hesitate but she believes that she will be able to go back to England to be with her Mother in a couple months. While in Australia, Hazel enrolls into a new school and along the way meets friends who love her the minute they meet her.
Red lives in the neighborhood
Sophie (seesophieread)
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a bittersweet book, that made me simultaneously feel super happy while tearing up.

I was forced to go into this with no expectations due to the lack of info in the description, and even the first chapters, and while I was wary bc of this I'm so glad it didn't keep me from picking up this amazing book!

One of my favorite qualities of books is if they are gripping/fast paced enough that I read 150+ pages a day and can't put it down, and this definitely happened w this one.
I understand
Autumn
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
***Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***
Oh wow....I enjoyed this. I loved the characters....the minor and the main characters. I loved the layered storyline. I loved the setting - Australia -- readers can leave the country and explore other countries without leaving their homes. Hazel is dealing with the fact her mom's memory isn't coming back. She's forced to move to Australia to live with the father she has never met - and finally be a teenager, something she didn't get t
Teresa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
****Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC****

When Hazel Clarke is forced to move in with the father she has never met she is determined to make sure that it is just until she is old enough (in the eyes of the law) to leave. What Hazel doesn't expect is the friendship she develops with Red, the boy down the lane, and his twin brother Luca.
A touching novel that examines what family is and what family can become. I loved how Stevens explored what home means and how that meaning can change based on the e
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Rosemary
Cover Story: Montell Jordan
BFF Charm: Probably x3
Swoonworthy Scale: 5
Talky Talk: The Omniscient YA Unicorn
Bonus Factor: Australia
Relationship Status: I'll Be Alone, Dancing, You Know It Baby

Read the full book report here.
LauraAnn
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing. What a beautiful story.
Sammy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT
Lauren
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A really great debut. This is a solid novel: well written, deep characters, and a plot that keeps you going. Deals with grief, moving on, and family.
kate
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m crying. This was perfect.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Stevens, Victoria Don’t Forget Me, 357 pages. Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 2018. $18. Language: R (81 swears, 10 ‘f’); Mature Content: PG-13 (teens drinking); Violence: PG (bar fight).

Hazel, 17, has been uprooted from her homeland of England and sent to Australia to live with the father she has never met. She is holding out hope that she will soon get the call that will mean she can move back home again, but meanwhile she has to deal with a new school, new friends, and a new parent. She is luckily be
Amy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a heartfelt story that will stick with me for a long time. I think it is underrated and more people should read it.
Martin Kearney
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't Forget Me is a tour de force by a new writer, Victoria Stevens.
Packed full of interesting characters and well-constructed storylines that seamlessly interweave, Hazel's journey to rebuild her life Down Under and learning about trust, relationships and love - and the fact that she isn't the only one - is beautifully told by the author. It leaves you asking as many questions about "where to next?" as it does at the beginning - can't wait for a sequel!
I absolutely loved this book!
Benedict Potter
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!
Halle Beau
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really lovely story about moving on and letting go that had me crying sad tears and happy tears within the same few pages!
Sally Ma
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scanned-books
Luna Bookish
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received this book through netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

What I Liked

Nearly from the beginning I felt connected to the characters. I wanted everything to work out perfectly for all of them. For me, if a book causes me to have this type of connection it has well written characters. I recently read a book and I felt nearly nothing for the characters and it made reading it dull and boring even with all the excitement happening with the plot. Another thing that I truly loved about t

• Cold Day in the Sun
  • When Summer Ends
  • Trusting You and Other Lies
  • How the Light Gets In
  • En chemin (Promesse tenue, #1)
  • Stages of Grace
  • Pensionatet vid världens ände (Emma #2)
  • Always Never Yours
  • Une petite éternité (Amours solitaires, #2)
  • Love Songs & Other Lies
  • The Boyfriend Bracket
  • Eternità
  • Sawyer Says
  • Undefeated
  • What If
  • Better
  • The Year After You
Victoria Stevens grew up in a little village in England surrounded by family and cats, writing stories about falling in love for the first time.

She studied Creative Writing at the University of Roehampton in London, and currently resides in an even smaller village in England - where she is still surrounded by family and cats, and still writes stories about falling in love for the first time.

Don'