Start by marking “Mosaic Chronicles: Forsake” as Want to Read:

Andrea Pearson

Mosaic Chronicles: Forsake

Ashley
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another great book in this series! There is adventure, suspense, and mystery mixed in here. I think it would make a great tv series. The books have a sort of serial format :) I loved reading about the characters so much, and am glad for a rest before the next one!
Anie
Shelves: magic
Received from Author in exchange for honest review.

I've read Discern (first book in Mosaic Chronicles) a while ago and really enjoyed it. I loved diving back to this world. I especially love magic system in these book. Only fourth child in the family has magic, that is elemental in nature, and are called Aretes. There is even a university for Aretes.😊 Forsake is set before the events of Mosaic Chronicles.

Nicole is in the last year of high school. She has one really good friend Lizzy. They are fr
Topsues
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Pearson has smashed it again !!! If you have never read any of her books then read this and then all the Mosaic Chronicles. This prequel had all the hallmarks of Andrea Pearson's talent to make you feel as if you are a fly on the wall. You are able to experience all the plots and places that become so vivid in your mind, then you get to feel every emotion of the characters as if they was your own. The main characters part is always told in the first person which I personally prefer, then ...more
Susan
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
HOW IT BEGAN. If you like fantasy, magic and adventure, you will like this book and series. Forsake is set in the Mosaic Chronicles series. This book is set in the Mosaic Chronicles world, but is a prequel to the first book in the series, and features Nicole and Lizzie prior to going to Katon University. While it helps if you have read the previous Mosaic Chronicles books, so you are familiar with this "world" of magic fielders, you can read this book without having read those. You can read this ...more
Kworkmeister
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Demon dogs, prophecies, old castles, good and bad ghosts, magical powers. Totally awesome!

In this entry into the Mosaic universe, wich shows us a younger Nicole, still in high school, all the elements we've come to love in a book by Andrea Pearson are in place. The storytelling is top notch, the suspense slowly builds to some rather explosive action sequences, and there is some great merging of dimentions in this alternate reality where magical powers is normal. Nicole remains a strong character
Elda
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite an imaginative story!

This is the beginning when Nichole is still in high school. Two months after Nichole’s eighteenth birthday most Arete would already have come into their powers. Her parents threw a birthday ball for her and then everything suddenly started going crazy for her. She gets thrown in jail for murder, meets a shapeshifter dog/man, has to travel to the UK to find an effigy in a creepy old mansion to save her friend’s life, fly back home, fight evil hounds, fly to Germany to g
Jackie O'Donnell
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I was very impressed with the story. Andrea has a great imagination! Nicole was ignored by her family because she was different. Being the 4th child she has special magical abilities that her mother seems disappointed in. But when Nicole is contacted by a strange woman who says she must help protect her friend Lizzy, Nicole isn't so sure if she will be up to the task. As days and nights progress Nicole decides that she will do anything to guarantee her best friend Lizzy will live to full fi ...more
Diana Page
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect prequel to the Katon University series. It helps to have read that series in order to understand the magic and what " Restart" means to the central character Nicole. All is not as it seems and having picked her boyfriend as her traveling companion may have been Nicole's biggest mistake. The synopsis gives you a great over view of the book, but i will add it is full of magic and the fear of death as one person ( Nicole), tries to clear her name and save her best friend, all while running ...more
Chad Barrus
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Best friends since
grade school, Nicole and Lizzie are excited to be going to the same university in the fall where they can develop their latent magical abilities.

Nicole finds out, however, that her best friend’s life is in jeopardy and undertakes a journey to save her friends life. Along the way she starts to wonder about the motives of another classmate who is helping her.

An exciting page-turning read that I recommend to one and all. It sets the stage for the futur
Heather
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forsake is the prequel to the Mosaic Chronicles. It sets up the upcoming series set in the world with Aretes, but focusing on Lizzie this time. I could barely put the book down, finishing it in just two sittings. It is full of action and is very well-written. I only noticed a handful of mistakes (usually a short missing word so it was easy to tell what was meant). I very highly recommend Forsake and the entire Mosaic Chronicles series! This one can be read alone or either before or after reading ...more
Margaret McCormack
Cathy
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book from the author. I had the opportunity to review or not.

Forsake, the prequel to the Mosaic Chronicles is a fun read, exciting and very well presented. Filled with magic, hounds trying to tear apart Nicole, a golem and a dragon trying to save Nicole, and a Magician. All add up to preparing Nicole for her future life and taking care of her best friend, whose role in the future will be immeasurable. Grab this book, curl up on the couch and spend exciting hours wi
Saundra Wright
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Andrea Pearson creates a richly conceived universe of magic and a multilayered plot sure to see us through more than this one novel with anticipation. Nicole comes of magical age amidst murder and mystery. With no support from her family and the life of her best friend at stake she has little but her own ingenuity at her disposal as she finds herself fighting mystical enemies and fleeing from one continent to ...more
Kaye
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MAKE FAST TRACKS!!!
Wonderfully written, easy to follow, smooth flowing read with unpredictable surprises around every corner and twists that keep you captivated from the very beginning. Scenes so realistic you can almost feel the adrenaline pumping and heart pounding as the characters face danger. Relatable characters and personalities that show through as the tale unfolds. Andrea did an excellent job bringing this read to life.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was told to leave an honest review and here it is. I love this book I just couldn't put it down till I was finished with it. Andrea Pearsonis such a wonderful writer and I highly recommend this book and author to everyone. I can't wait till the next book. I could barely put the book down man I can't wait till the next one.Andrea Pearson is a wonderful author i will read any books of hers. I am so love this book it is a wonderful book
Suzanne Withers
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a prequel novel, it is well written and gives ;you an insight into the characters and world of the Mosaic Chronicles. Nicole if coming into her magical powers slowly and has an exciting journey protecting her best friend Lizzie. There is danger, adventure, intrigue, magic and lots of action, A great book to read that I enjoyed, I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kaye
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MAKE FAST TRACKS!!!
Lorella Piras
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many books by Andrea Pearson and have enjoyed each one.
Forsaken is the prequel of an awesome series, Mosaic Chronicles.
This was fantasy, suspense, and paranormal romance all rolled into one. Wonderfully written. Beautifully detailed. Excellent character development. Each and every character was illustrated masterfully.

Fiction
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to know Nicole and Lizzie at the beginning. This prequel to the Mosaic Chronicles was perfect in giving teasers and information to guide me into the M C and Lizzie's series. Kissing and snuggling are the most PDAs in this book and with no swearing, made this book perfect. A great read for teens and adults alike, this book has tons of adventure and the lengths to which a best friend will go to save one she loves.
Laurie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great action series with wonderful characters

This series is best read in order. The character development and plot twists combine to create friends and heros you'd like to meet in person. The action becomes more intense and each adventure helps the characters to grow and bond. It's fun to learn about the abilities each person develops and works to master. Clean and wholesome reading appropriate to young adults on up.
Joanne Hampton
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such strong characters with vivid storytelling. Nicole was a Arete and her friend Lizzie was a Arete also but Nicole hadn't come into her powers yet. They bummed around together but unknown to both their lives will change in the coming years. In arrives a man/dog to upset everything that had already happened but Nicole had her memories erased. Good reading book! I received a complimentary copy of this book.
Tonya D Flores
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great prequel to the Mosaic Chronicles Series. It's a fast paced thrill ride nearly around the world. New monsters, new challenges and a very interesting explanation as to why it is not referenced in the series. You can read it at any time, you don't have to start here. But this is a great book. Loved it!
Linda
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great adventures to look forward too!

This book was wonderful! I loved reading how Nicole restarted and the adventures she had to go through to keep Lizzie safe. Nicole and her boyfriend went to England first and then.... Will you need to read this book to find out what happens it's exciting and will keep you up reading late. So enjoy!
Teya Peck
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book again took me a little to get into and catch onto the storyline. However It was a good fast read. I think I need to read them in order that might help catch up faster. But It didn't take long. She know her fantasy and what I like is that her fantasy stories stay within the guidelines of her fantasy. They don't waver in there rules. I really like that fact in her books.
Erica
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book.This ties in Nicole's series and Lizzie]s new series. It was fast paced and made me nervous. It was interesting to see Nicole's life from a new perspective. I am not sure if Alexander is a good character or not. I am glad I had read many of Andrea's other titles before I read this one. I was able to make connections. It was a quick read.
Gay
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will find Nicole getting ready for a ball celebrating her Restart. This is what happens when an Arete's magic starts. Things start to go seriously wrong when someone is killed and she finds herself on an adventure to help the world. She gets to travel and stay one step ahead of those who want to stop her. Will she succeed? Read on the find out and enjoy the trip with her.
Lefteris
I read this book after I had read the first 5 books of the series.
I like the book, though I don't know if it gives some spoilers of the other books I have not read yet because it describes some of the abilities to have one of the main characters.
Considering all I think is a book worth reading it.
Lisa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Good story but lacked depth in the characters. I had trouble connecting with them. But I liked the story for the most part.

l.
D R
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how Nicole kept going as she traveled back and forth to Europe a couple of times, not to mention the stress she was under from being chased by shape-shifting hounds who were trying to destroy her . . . yes, I do. For the love of her best friend Lizzie. This is a great read!
The Mysterious Reader
From celebrating her “Restart”, when an Arete’s magic starts to function, to adventuring to save the world, Nicole is going to have her hands full with the adventure of a lifetime. We are lucky to travel along. This is one wild ride of fun in a book. Highly recommended.
Andrea, a Brigham Young University graduate, is an avid reader and outdoor enthusiast (hiking, fishing, boating, biking, spending time in the Rocky Mountains, and taking walks). She spent a year and a half serving the Spanish speaking community in Toronto, Canada, and fluently speaks 2 languages. She plays several instruments, not including the banjo, and loves putting together musical arrangemen ...more