Start by marking “Barbarian's Lady (Ice Planet Barbarians, #13)” as Want to Read:
Barbarian's Lady (Ice Planet Barbarians, #13)

Barbarian's Lady

(Ice Planet Barbarians #13)

You'd think a tall woman would fit in on a planet of seven-foot-tall aliens, but even on the ice planet, I'm still a weirdo and an oddity. I'm everything all the other cute, dainty human women aren't.

One guy in particular - the alien Harrec - is determined to embarrass me by pretending he's interested. He's a jokester that flirts like mad and hits on me constantly just to
Published March 5th 2017

Sophia Triad
Note to self: I have to stop reading Ice Planet Barbarians in public.

I don’t know about you, but I am usually bored to death when I visit the hairsalon. So, I try to avoid going there until I cannot help it. Yesterday, honestly, I spent 4 hours of my life there dyeing and straightening my hair. By the end of the second hour, I wanted to kill myself.
It is a good thing that I had my ebook reader with me.

Anyway, what was I saying? Yes, about the blue barbarians. Not good reading in public.
Firstly,
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
3.5 stars, rounded up

This is Harrec and Kate's story. Harrec is adorable and so flirty and sweet. He kind of reminded me of Aehako, only a virgin. Both leads were in this one. It was mainly drama-free, although the whole premise of Kate not liking Harrec at first was based on The Big Misunderstanding. But, it was a light and fun read, so that didn't bother me. It felt a little formulaic, but definitely satisfies the itch for the blue aliens.

Plenty of steamy scenes, ridges, spurs, tongue mating,
Mei
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
Even after 13 books, I still enjoy this series and hope it will continue to be as good! :)

Every story is similar, but at the same time different! It's the first time that I don't mind that!

The big blue barbarians are so cute and their problems with English language is hilarious! :)

This story is cute too: an amazon who has problems with her stature! It's endearing and hilarious at the same time!

And Harrec was wonderful too! He just couldn't get it she has problems with her being a big woman! LOL
Celestine
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Lady and the Scamp
Kate and Harrec as I see them:
Blonde and Blue.
Bean-pole and Bigger Bean-pole.
Shy and Gregarious.
Self-conscious and Lets-It-All-Hang-Out.
Strong and Faints-at-the-Sight-of-Blood.

Yeah, the girly fainter is Harrec. These two are a classic case of opposites attract. The instant Harrec sees 6'1" Kate, his little heart goes pitter patter and he works to make her his. In Harrec's eyes, that means doggedly lavishing attention on Kate. Kate is more than a little freaked out by the at
 B.E.Love
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No surprise here but I loved the book. I thought he hero and heroine both were hilarious and i love how we see their love grow in this book. I'm always impressed how Ruby Dixon manages to find new ways of telling stories in this series, you would think after this many books hey would get a little cookie cutter but they don't....... and she yet again has managed to bring something new and exciting to come. Though we don't know exactly what it is I'm really excited and hopeful that will prolong th ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, alien-zombie
3.5 Stars

I think I wasn’t in a mood for a light hearted read and so I didn’t get to enjoy this book to it’s full potential. Overall Barbarian’s Lady was a pretty decent read, but it was one of the lighter ones and so the angst was low and the pace okay.

Harrec was so sweet and funny. I really liked his personality. He’s the only alien that would tease his mate into liking him. Kate doesn’t like the teasing so she continues to ignore Harrec. I really enjoyed the personality of Harrec and Kate. I
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I didn't know my review didn't save. I enjoyed this one. I loved how funny the hero was. I noticed the last few books have changed some. I want my ott I'll provide in every way and take care of my woman heroes back.. I just love that style.
Shanda Haffly
Hana ♡
Not a huge fan of Kate and Harrec - this kinda left me feeling a bit meh...

But that preview into the next book was definitely intriguing! Looking forward to Summer's story :)
Julia
Eh, not a fan of stretching out the book just to make the book longer. This book could have been wrapped up in 50 pages but nooooo i had to read how tall and insecure the heroine was 60 million times.
Tricia Len
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alpha, space-opera, hea, m-f
Sigh to be very truthful I did not finish this story... I skimmed through it hoping that I would come to like Brooke but I didn't. The chip on her shoulder w/just too big...poor her...everyone hated her because she's big...really?

I just never saw what Harrec saw in her...love is blind.

The author has other books ...and future books I will read but I think I am finished w/this series.

I love this series... I love the first books...now? Meh.... (view spoiler)
Ivy Deluca
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Another enjoyable entry in the Planet Blue Balls saga. I gotta say I’m impressed how Ms. Dixon manages to give me a little something new while playing with the familiar formula for this series. Kate’s a bit of a Negative Nelly at first and Harrec is a bit oblivious to how his “compliments” landed like a lead balloon with her, but as they grew on each other, they grew on me. Onward Ms. Dixon...I’m still riding this cracky fun train with you.

For more reviews, visit
description
description description description description description description
Chappy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was worried at first that Kate was going to spend most of the book "hating" Harrec and fighting her feelings towards him. Thankfully, when his plan backfires, Kate is forced to rescue him and the romance can truly begin.

These 2 virgins are perfect for each other.
 Rosebud
Adjusting to the ice planet hasn't been easy on Kate. Amazonian tall and often mistaken for a professional athlete or that chick who plays the knight lady on Game Of Thrones, Kate hopes that finally she'll be seen as sexy and desirable since she closely resembles the other native sa-kuri women. It's a case of déjà vu as Harrec, one of the few remaining unmated males, frequently refers to her size and makes her the butt of his jokes going so far as to follow her wherever she goes keeping up his r ...more
Jacqueline J
Another fun little sci fi romance. I continue to enjoy these novellas. This one was fairly light hearted.
♛ Garima ♛

When Ruby had cover reveal of this - I asked her 'don't you think the girl is rather tall?' to which she replied 'Kate is a big girl' and so it seems....

We women are very insecure about our bodies - small or tall, fat or thin and list goes on and on....

Kate's suffering is something I can related to. I was never heavy built but I am tall and was super thin growing up so I know how it feels when people comment about your imperfections all the time *sigh*

Harrec also got on my nerves because he doe
Stephen
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
New girl Kate is a big girl--six feet tall and according to her, built like a linebacker. And very self conscious of her size. Harrec is a jokey flirt completely enamored of Kate because she is so strong and capable. She takes his initial advances as ribbing of the type she has endured throughout her life and wants nothing to do with him. Harrec must convince her otherwise.

Loved the affable Harrec and fun back and forth between he and Kate.

Dixon using the same formula from book to book--guy pur
Kimberlee
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five Icy Blue Stars

Well another male bites the dust. Good for Harrec, he deserves to have all his dreams come true. This time around Kate is totally confused about just how she feels about Harrec. In the past he height and big boned temperance has caused human males to not be kind. Lucky for her sa-kuhi males like women of all shapes and sizes.

This is one of my favorite little series. These human women have such obstacles, that I totally find it fascinating. They are lots of fun as well as swee
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

s this really book 13? Normally when a series has hit this many books, I start to get weary and bored and begin to wonder why they haven’t brought it to a close yet. But, with Ice Planet Barbarians all I want is more, I can’t get enough of these horny blue guys. So, yes we are at book 13 and I’m already impatient for the next one.

What I like about these books is that some are more intense than others, it helps keep the series feeling fresh and exciting with each new book that comes out. Barbari
Fly FreeBird
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Now I want to read summer's story so bad! I guess I need to wait for that !
Roxanne
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mar-2017
Loved it like always but the Tranquil Lady REALLY how can I sleep peacefully now??? lol
Kelly
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: More blue barbarian fangirling ahead. Because I seriously can't get enough of these big, blue lugs. They're just so stinking sweet. A little clueless sometimes and they all have wonderfully dirty mouths, but they care about the human women who've ended up on their world and they treat them like the treasures they are.

It takes a while for Harrec to realize Kate doesn't see his teasing as his way of showing his affection. Once he does, he devotes himself to making sure she understands wha
Laura Elizabeth
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This one was a bit repetitive. Same thing, alien slips away with girl into a cave. I think this series, while I love it, has run its course. Hopefully she changes things up with the next book. If not, it's time to close it out I think.
Tash
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite ongoing series. Still after 13 books this series has not grown old for me yet. It is fun and refreshing each time when a barbarian finds their mate
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
Loved this one! I think this has been my favorite one so far.
Fani
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Just because we have not resonated does not mean that my heart will forget yours”

Kate and Harrec were such a sweet couple. There was some friction in the beginning of their relationship due to a misunderstanding, but they resolved it. The time they spent apart from the others was quite adventurous.

I loved the way Harrec helped Kate when she was self-conscious about her height. I also liked seeing Kate fall in love with Harrec as she gained more confidence. She thought Harrec was making fun
Hollie
~4.5 stars~

I have loved this series and this book was no exception. the hero in this one was so unique. he was quirky, funny and so adorably accident prone. I liked that both the hero and heroine were both virgins and yet their physical relationship progressed slowly and with so much respect towards one another. their relationship was very solid. This was a great installment to an already amazing series.
Marcella
I loved these two!!! Hassen and Kate were just too funny.

Hassen is the tribe flirt and once he sees Kate for the first time he wants her...but she doesn't want him. Not when the first words he says to her are "what a mountain of a human". A compliment but Kate having been a giant of girl back on Earth finds the subject of her body touchy. Of course she's smaller than the sa-khui but she's still the tallest and biggest human woman on the planet. She takes Hassen's flirting as mocking but he's re
Robyn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE this series!! Just when I think I have chosen my favorite Barbarian the next book comes out and I fall for another one!! I love the lightness of these stories. The humor is amazing. Not Hoth is so well put together that sometimes I find myself wishing to be abducted by aliens and dumped there...Is that weird? Oh well...someone on Not Hoth would appreciate me and my weirdness!
Raine
Gotta love those blue aliens!!!

I really enjoyed this book. Though I am tiny and only 5' 2" myself I think that Ms. Dixon did a wonderful job describing the struggles someone who is tall goes through - especially a female who is tall. I love Harrec's humor and how he has that one issue that he struggles with.

I can't wait to read Summer and Warrek's book and what the next adventure is for the people in Not-Hoth.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Captured (Alien Space Pirates, #1)
  • Breathing Vapor (Cyborg Sizzle, #2)
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • Thunderclaw (Alien Warrior, #2)
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Into the Light (Dark Planet Warriors, #3)
  • Avion (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #7)
  • Forced Mate (God Princes of Tigron, #1)
  • Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters, #1)
  • Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Reed (Hell Squad, #4)
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Kyele's Passion (A World Beyond #4)
  • Warrior's Mate (Warriors of Vor #1)
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Ice Planet Barbarians (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3)
  • Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)
  • Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5)
  • Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6)
  • Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7)
  • Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8)
  • Barbarian's Heart (Ice Planet Barbarians, #9)
  • Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10)
“A fierce hunter like myself needs more encouragement than that. Will you let me mouth-mate you?” 1 likes
“Make no mistake, pretty Kate,” he murmurs to me. “I still intend to woo you. I will give you time to get over your shyness, but just because we have not resonated does not mean that my heart will forget yours.” 1 likes