Start by marking “Endurance (Iron Breakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Endurance (Iron Breakers, #2)

Endurance

(Iron Breakers Trilogy #2)

With their victory short-lived and enemies lurking around every corner, odds are stacking against Ren in his attempt to recover the throne of Frayne. Ren, Anik, and a handful of inexperienced soldiers are sent to Fort Endurance, Frayne's highest security prison.
Forced to adapt to a harsh environment where only the toughest survive, Ren is unsure how much he can rely on Ani
Published March 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Endurance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endurance

Start your review of Endurance (Iron Breakers, #2)
Emma
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was a very enjoyable follow-up to the first book in the series. The first book reminded me a lot of Captive Prince (a series I really liked) and I'm happy to report that Endurance did not give me those vibes and veered off in another direction. It's nice to see this book have its own unique story.
This volume explored the ever-growing friendship between Ren and Anik and now I'm very eager to see what will happen between the two.
After the shocking revelations at the end of the
Romie
Just as good as the first book !

I loved how Ren and Anik's friendship evolved. Clearly in this book, they have each other's back no matter what, they keep saving each other and doing stupid things because “I care about you.”
I really appreciated Ren's character development : he was basically full of himself in the first book, had prejudices against Lowlanders ... but in this book he finally sees that being different doesn't mean you're a bad person.
Anik made me want to scream half the time, not b
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
My heart hurts😭 Just when these two idiots who clearly care a lot for each other were about to confess all the feelings.

That. Had. To. Happen!!!

The sad part is I knew it. From book one I knew it.

Much better than book one. A little darker, a lot happened that I didn’t see coming but still an enjoyable read.
Carrie-Anne
I really enjoy where this series is heading, we get some great character development, we learn more about the mysterious fox person, meet new characters and are reunited with old ones.

I like that this series is mainly focused on the actual storyline, and any potential romance is very much on the dl.

There are a lot of great reveals in this second book, so I'm interested to see where they take us in the finale!
Sophia
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really didn’t expect these books to be so exciting. I’m totally hooked!
iam
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this a lot, I like almost all characters, it's well written and entertaining and there were a lot of awesome plot twists.
The only bad thing I have to say is that there also seem to be quite a few plot holes - or at least things aren't always explained that well, so I am confused by some character's motivations, their pasts, how things fit together as well as how much time passes between things happening.

Overall still very good and enjoyable!
färbe mich rot
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating : 4.5 stars

I'm afraid the dream will burst if it's spoken too loudly.

I was here to have a good time and I feel so attacked right now.

Listen up hoes, read this. This is such a strong second installment. The characters (especially Ren) go through so much and grow so much. Anik is basically my new favourite but he was always liked by me anyway. The plot was great. Honestly, idk what else to say but that this attacked me in the last few pages and I am happy to have the last bo
emma
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, na-lit
why did they end it like that again jfc looks like im continuing right now
jessica ☾
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cliffhanger?? And that plot twist was almost the death of me; first half of the book was a bit slow, but after that it immediately sped up and I was not able to put it down for second! Short review, but I honestly can’t wait long enough to start the third installment to form conclusive thoughts.
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
Rep: male bi mc, gay li

@ zaya feli what is with you and cliffhangers
Francesca
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
So yesterday I left Akata Witch, the book I am currently reading at home and this all trilogy - courtesy of Line who pointed out it was free on amazon - was on my kindle.
I started reading on the commute to work and I was hooked. I am in fact half way through book three type of hooked.
I have decided to come back and rate the trilogy when I finish book 3, in the meantime though: this is a highly entertaining series, an easy (as in a well written, easily flowing) read with interesting characters a
Littlebookterror
This suffered from the same problems as the first one did.
The writing especially, hindered my enjoyment. The emotional scenes were not impactful, the action scenes lacked suspense and despite the high stakes, the plot felt meandering. Despite the author telling me so, I did not think my characters were in any great danger.

I do like to see the easy company Ren and Anik now keep.
Rowan
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was slower to get through than the first one, but it also had more of a plot that made it less of a typical fantasy of its kind. The slow burn is the best thing about this series, and the ending of this one has me starting the last book right away. It’s a good, well-written fantasy world so far.
Kate
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The plot is getting much better, but this slow burn is a killer.
Abby
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loving this series so far!
Joana
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, lgbtq
Lisa
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first read the first book of the Iron Breakers series, I was very torn about how I felt about it. A lot of my opinions back then were very biased and judgemental and I admit a lot of the things I said about the first book back then aren’t the same things I feel now. Even more so now that I’ve read the second book.

This new edition to the series was fantastic. It was as if the author took everything from the first and made it 10x better. As I said, I had some - slightly petty - issues with
Alice Worthley
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Endurance is the second book in the Iron Breakers trilogy and it is a wild and thrilling ride throughout. The plot is fast paced and takes you on a real adventure with the characters. The empathetic writing makes you really feel the character's worries and happiness and it makes you root for them and sometimes cry for them too.

The story itself is thrilling with many twists and turns that makes the book hard to put down. The characters are also charming and I honestly couldn't say who I liked be
Alexandra Robertson
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a little less than the first one, but that might just be a middle book thing. That being said it was still very entertaining. I loved the relationships and the characters. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. ...more
l
this cliffhanger is killing me
Binnie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5; this book was definitely better than the first one. we saw some good character development and overall a slightly better plot progress. it still lacked in the quality of writing, but i feel like the author is definitely growing there.

ren has a good development, he feels less shallow and more of a proper mc now. it's still a bit difficult to connect to most of the characters, but i feel myself slowly starting to care about ren, thais and ilias. i'm not sure about anik yet, i don't know why.
Oliwia
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-shelf
OH MY GOD
Well, I just finished this part and,,, I am shaken up, to say the least. This series took A TURN. But, to be fair, I saw many of the plot twists coming, just not all of them.
I liked this part WAY MORE than the first one, mostly because Ren is not a spoiled brat anymore. Instead, he is fighting the systemized oppression (at least, trying to) and just, he's learning, guys, ok? Let me have this moment (a long one, to be fair) of sympathy towards him. I am rooting for him, I truly am.
Anik.
Autumn
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
OK so the thing is I read this series on the recommendation that it was like the Captive Prince and when I started I was literally liked BITCH this is the same plot, he's gonna fall in love with this rough and tumble slave not know what hit him. Now I LOVED the Captive Prince (10/10 recommend that series if you haven't read because hot damn) and I have enjoyed this but since I was told this was like that, I was expecting this wonderful slow burn romance. I have gotten none of that, literally the ...more
jenny
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: page-turner
69% — 3.45 stars

Yep, definitely better than the first book. Everything was much more fleshed out, and I appreciated the pacing of the plot. There were more details, although at times some things flew by too quickly and I couldn't understand because the explanations were still mediocre. There were two major plot twists, but the one about Ren was like whoa wait. It definitely makes me curious about the finale. Also, this time I actually felt the horrors the characters did, and I just wanted to wra
Riina Y.T.
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna gives this 5 stars as well because I've been loving these characters to bits and it's extremely exciting!!

I'm dying to find out how it ends - this installment left me hanging with a serious cliffy 😔

I HATE that this is a trilogy and not one big novel :(
I HATE WAITING for the final installment :(
I LOVE a prince on the run :)
I LOVE Ren and Anik's chemistry but HATE to wait for anything to spark between them for ages - literally nothing happens (romance wise) in the previous installment
Rosie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, fantasy
Lynn
Pandora
Damn, I don't know what to say.
I like it, it's good, I'm very drawn into the story, I think the plot is unfolding in a smart and interesting way. In some ways it is better than the first, there's more action and excitement. The character development is working amazingly. The relationship is finally turning romantic, just at the right pace.
But I'm at that point where I don't really want to talk until I finish it and know everything, so that's it for now.

P.S.: The 5 star rating is provisional and
B. Jean
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a two star until about 80% through. After that it rapidly approached a four star, but the majority of the book just wasn't there for me.

Again, I say this is the skeleton of the story, and the hints throughout the book made the ending surprise-reveal, well, not a surprise at all. I guessed it towards the very beginning.

The dialogue needs work, and I want more detail. It's all very casual. Some lines had me sighing with exasperation, and I do think this book would benefit greatly from e
Jeremy & Candie Meyer
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and powerful, with amazing character development

Perfect. Just perfect, with so many great characters and character development. All of the plot lines connect to each other, and the story is moving, sweet, and powerful. You can feel what the characters feel, and feel how Ren and Anik's relationship changes and grows along the way. As Anik grows more vulnerable (to Ren, mind you), Ren becomes more mature, strong, and a man with a strong will, conviction, and morals. Inspiring.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Light Amongst Shadows (Dark is the Night, #1)
  • Reign of Darkness (The Prince's Assassin #2)
  • Curse of the Dark Prince (Prince's Assassin, #3)
  • Servants of the Crossed Arrows (Rifter #2)
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • Black Blades (Rifter #3)
  • The Lion and the Crow
  • Witches' Blood (Rifter #4)
  • The Assassin's Dragon (Fire and Valor #3)
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 1 (Lord of the White Hell, #1)
  • The Prince's Dragon (Fire and Valor #2)
  • The Shattered Gates (Rifter #1)
  • The Black Prince (Silk and Steel, #4)
  • Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel, #2)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel, #1)
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book One (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book Two (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #2)
See top shelves…

Iron Breakers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Stag's Run (Iron Breakers, #1)
  • The Floodgates (Iron Breakers, #3)