Start by marking “Adobe Moon” as Want to Read:
Adobe Moon

Adobe Moon

“Adobe Moon,” Mark Warren’s first book in a trilogy on Wyatt Earp is more than historical fiction. Though it is a period piece of the 19th century, it is a timeless story that relates to all of us.

Regardless of when or where a person lives in time, each of us is faced with a universal plight: How do we become a man or a woman? And how do we find our place in the world?

Do t
Published November 15th 2017 by Five Star Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Adobe Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adobe Moon

Susan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love historic fiction! The only thing I knew about the old west was from the movies I used to watch growing up. The only thing I knew about Wyatt Earp was from "Tombstone" and the Kevin Costner movie "Wyatt Earp". "Adobe Moon" is the "real deal". It is first in the trilogy "Wyatt Earp, An American Odyssey". This book was well researched, and it is beautifully written. I think Mark really nailed Wyatt Earp's character. It's almost like he knew him in another life. I enjoyed watching Wyatt grow ...more
Pam Flynn
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love the old west and you love Wyatt Earp then you will love this amazing book! If you are new to reading about the old west and Wyatt Earp then Adobe Moon is perfect for you as well! Mark Warren has woven a beautiful story of the well known character Wyatt Earp beginning at age 14 and traveling throughout his life of ups and downs. Adobe Moon takes the reader through ordinary old west job circumstances until Wyatt Earp arrives at what he feels is respectable, then plummets the main chara ...more
Urszula
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carrying its own flavor of the old world with the language and descriptions Adobe Moon is a capturing portrait of the crushed ambitions and self-making, forever in progress.
Meg
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well-written, and in a charmingly authentic for the time-period manner in terms of language and turn-of-phrase. Immersive, enjoyable, well-paced. I eagerly await the next installment.
Kimberley
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this historical novel very much . I particularly enjoyed the challenging vocabulary and well written story. Following the early life of Wyatt Earp , the reader is immersed in the challenges, ruthlessness and lawlessness of the new frontier. It is the beginning to a trilogy to which the author devoted his life writing and researching .

Dan McMahill
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first picked up this book. I really enjoyed Two Winters in a Tipi (also by Mark Warren) but I normally don't seek out westerns. I was glad I read it though. I found Adobe Moon to be an engrossing story as it follows Wyatt Earp from his teen years on his parents farm into early adulthood. That time period offered opportunity for a young man but also a number of unsavory things like prostitution, gambling, alcohol abuse, routine violence, etc. This book really h ...more
David Lubin
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Adobe Moon” is the story about Wyatt Earp coming of age and becoming a man. It is historical fiction at it’s finest. One of the most difficult things to do is to try and understand what motivates people to do what they do. It is one thing to know the facts and another to put those actions in a context that fills out the whole picture. Mark Warren has done this exceptionally well with “Adobe Moon.” The book is factually accurate and the writing is smooth and entertaining. I really enjoyed the bo ...more
Kee Hoo
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: borrowed, favs
Adobe Moon is a biographical novel by Mark Warren. It has a lot of fact, a little fiction mixed in. This book starts off with the Earp family, when Wyatt was a teenager-chomping at the bit, because the Civil War is going on and his three older brothers are off fighting. He desperately wants to quit working the family farm and join up in the fight.

The book is enriched with a lot of well known history and other lesser known facts. Mr. Warren blends it into an interesting story. I enjoyed it. This
Mary Schultz
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the age of fourteen, Wyatt Earp itches to take command of his own destiny. In the ensuing decade, while he crisscrosses the West, destiny takes command of Wyatt. Events, incidents and people forge his character, mold his self-concept and most importantly cement his values. The young man experiences heartbreak and runs headlong into limitations, like any ordinary mortal, but his uncanny gift of leadership can't be suppressed or denied.
Donna Jo Atwood
Having an family interest in the Earps, I was interested to see what Warren would make of Wyatt and his family. I was glad to see that much of what I had gathered through family sources was upheld by this book. It was an interesting psychological look at a rather complex man who lived by his own moral code.

Jim Daugherty
Not a bad book. Just nothing new in the historic-fiction content. I love the characters Wyatt and Doc. The second book develops the complicated relationship between them. Somethings, we will never know. Ok for an easy read.
Pam Hurd
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of info. Based on facts but is fiction.
Bird4416
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It explores Wyatt Earp's early life and shows the nitty gritty reality of life in those times (not the Hollywood glamourized version.). You can tell that lots of research went into the writing of the book. It's an authentic picture of the old West.
Howard
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each stands alone, but better read as a series. Reviewed here 'Adobe Moon' and 'Born to the Badge'.

Mark Warren builds his imaginative examination of the heart, mind and history of Wyatt Earp on a rigorous adherence to real history. Real places are the fabric on which real events stitch a wandering pattern of a real man’s 19th century struggle to become the successful and respected American he so wants to be. Opening at the remote Iowa farmstead dominated by self-absorbed Nicholas Earp, father of
Rex Richardson

• McKay's Bees
  • I, Victoria
  • Except for Me and Thee
  • Footprints in the Dust
  • One-Minute Mindfulness: 50 Simple Ways to Find Peace, Clarity, and New Possibilities in a Stressed-Out World
  • Revenge and Retribution (The Graham Saga #6)
  • Walking a Literary Labyrinth
  • One Sip at a Time: Learning to Live in Provence
  • Master and God
  • Books, Blogs, & Reality
  • Madame Bovary's Daughter
  • Sprinkled with Kisses (The Cupcake Diaries #5)
  • Young Benjamin Franklin: The Birth of Ingenuity
Mark Warren grew up in College Park near Atlanta, Georgia and is a graduate of the University of Georgia with a degree in Chemistry/Pre-med. Following undergraduate college work Mark pursued music composition and arrangement at Georgia State University, while performing original works in various concerts, scoring plays for The Academy Theater and having his suite The Once and Future King performed ...more